Start by marking “Gotham City Sirens: Book Two” as Want to Read:
Gotham City Sirens: Book Two

Gotham City Sirens: Book Two

(Gotham City Sirens #3-4)

Catwoman deals with the aftermath of battling her sister in this new title, setting her against Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in a brutal display of their villainous roots. And don't miss guest appearances by Zatanna and Talia al Ghul. Then, The Joker is back in Arkham Asylum and Harley Quinn breaks back in with him - but is she there to stand by him or destroy him? Either w ...more
Published May 5th 2015 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Gotham City Sirens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gotham City Sirens

Start your review of Gotham City Sirens: Book Two
Jayson
(B) 75% | More than Satisfactory
Notes: Scraps its earlier roommates-in-the-city gimmick and goes all-in with boyfriend-based obstacle-course-centric action.
Amanja
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even better than book one!

How harley Quinn was characterized in book one was my only complaint about the first half of this series but book two more than makes up for it. Her arc is phenomenal here. We see what her strengths are and how she is so much more than a dumb lovestruck blonde.

All three of these women get to deal with real challenges through this book. We see how all three deal with their personal weaknesses regarding love and obsession as well as dealing with action packed scenarios i
Clarissa
Apr 05, 2017 rated it liked it
It was great watching Ivy and Harley work together to save Selina from having her mind wiped but, I must admit, my personal favorite moment was seeing Harley on her mission to break into Arkham and kill the Joker. Of course, like always, she fails to actually do so, but it was still amazing to see her use her greatest weapon: her psychiatrist mind. She knew exactly how to play everyone in order to get in. Sadly, she just ends up running back into the Joker's arms when she finally reaches him.

Aft
Mike
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Almost as good as the first book. A good solid group of stories, can't wait for book three.
Drucilla
May 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Actual rating: 3.5 stars. So...I didn't like this volume nearly as much as the previous one. I thought it was a touch too serious and too focused on multi-issue arcs instead of one-issue stories. It was nice that the writers actually got to give it an ending and it was a good ending.
Jenny Clark
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dc-comics
This was a pretty fun series and I like how it ends, with plenty to say they could come back together. I also rather liked seeing Harley's inner monologue when she breaks back into Arkham, and Ivy's reaction to her final choice... This had some very psychological aspects that were done well.
Matt
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, comics
My boyfriend was clearing out his comics collection and told me I should hang onto this story to read, and I'm really glad I did. Although he had each comic, so the benefit was that I got to see all the fantastic cover art on each individual issue. I can't overstate how much fun it was to hang out with the best villainesses from Batman's world, with guest spots for Zatana and Talia Al Ghul. Gorgeous art, and a great story (most of the time....the side stories with Azrael and Catwoman's crazy Cat ...more
Shawna Hunter
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Second verse same as the first...in the best way.

So I loved Book 1 and my only concern going into book 2 was that it'd be more of the same. Maybe a little more sitcom stuff in the home. A big bad for them to take down? Boy was I wrong. This story breaks up the Gotham Sirens but in a way that is natural to their story arc. They came together out of personal necessity (with a little help...spoiler alert) and managed to do some good but these are villains. Dyed-in-the-wool badgirls. They aren't jus
Anniken Haga
It took me a while to get around to reading this, and it took me a long time from start to finish. it's a big book with a lot of undertones and things going on, which I liked, but could only take so much of at a time.

I wasn't a big fan of Ivy's story in the beginning, but I was glad to see the way it turned and ended. It was the same with Harley's story, to be honest, and I see how it lead to the Harley Quinn-series.

I don't know what more there is to say. The book was what I would expect from
Brandon
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Book One of this series had a trio of female vigilantes in Gotham teaming up and trying to live their lives despite all the craziness that comes with living in Gotham City. This volume is about their "boys". Can Catwoman be trusted with Batman's secret identity? Will Harley get back with the Joker? What is Poison Ivy even doing with her life? It has a lot more focus than the first volume but it's also not as fun. Less slice of life, more action drama, with bigger arcs and more infighting among t ...more
Gemma
Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy are two of my all time favorite characters and I love them here. I also appreciate the questions this one brings up; can you ever truly break free of your past? When do you let go of trying to save someone you love who won't save themselves? When do the good deeds outweigh the bad and vice versa?

Points to the female friendships and the bit with Harley ruminating on her own mental health and how people view her. It gave me a lot to think about.
Amanda
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was darker than the first. I love these three and the dynamics between them. It's definitely a fun read with a lot of action.
Candace
The first volume was better. This one wasn't "bad" and it even had some really great "oh wow" moments for plot and art. But it felt a little inconsistent and suffered some in comparison to Gotham City Sirens One, which had stronger cohesive storytelling. I felt there were loose ends and plot holes in several places, but I know that's at least partly because I've not read some related comic volumes that would fill in some of the blanks, so: forgivable. I do love these characters and overall it wa ...more
Sarah Toth
Volume 2 of Gotham City Sirens was good, but not quite what I was expecting. Also, the beginning of the book was also in a smaller volume of Gotham City Sirens. I did like how Catwoman worked with Batman for the better of Gotham, but I was confused by the random confrontation with Azrael. It really had nothing to do with the storyline. Also, Harley Quinn's consistent promises to change her ways and kill the Joker grew tiring since she fell for his tricks once again.
Erin
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Any fans of Catwoman, Poison Ivy, & Harley Quinn will enjoy this series. Despite the cheesecake art throughout, this is a fun look at if 3 of Gotham's bad girls lived together. While Dini was in the first half of the series, I think Peter & co did a nice job finishing it out. I was disappointed by the ending but not enough to stop me from enjoying the series overall. Highly recommend! ...more
Alexandra Nedstam
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's not very often Poison Ivy (a personal favorite) gets to play such a big part. Something that goes for many of the female villains, but here there's enough room for Catwoman and Harley Quinn.
A must read for those who enjoy them cool female DC characters.
Kathaline Kabelacs
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
love these comics !!
Michael
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to the DC Bombshells comics, Margot Robbie in the movies and especially Kaley Cuoco's portrayal in the absolutely bonkers & hilarious Harley Quinn animated series on DC Universe - Harley is my favorite comic book character going right now. (Kaley's Harley & Lake Bell's Poison Ivy from the series is also the best odd couple pairing since Felix & Oscar.)

So now I'm working my way haphazardly back through Harley's earlier escapades and Book Two of GCS finished off the story with a flourish as
Amy Braun
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Actual rating is 4.5. I was super happy to see Gotham's Sirens back in action. The art is just as gorgeous, and this is definitely a darker version of the overarching story. Thankfully, the woman are less sexualized (kinda?), and there's more room for character growth and this odd trio's relationship near the final stories.

That said, they did fall into a familiar trope near the beginning: They're doing everything for a man, or are manipulated by one. I'm definitely not opposed to stories with ro
Madeline Laake
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I’m disappointed in the stories they chose to tell in this volume. To me, Gotham city sirens is the three of them working as a team whether it’s for good or evil. This entire volume was them against each other. They just happened to be the three fighting - it could be retold with any characters I feel. And the ending was unclear, I think I understand what happened but I don’t know why. That’s not a good ending and to me it doesn’t lead to a new volume or connected story line and I will not be lo ...more
Claire
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another super fun installment, man I love these girls as a team. The ending was so bittersweet if not a tad confusing, but then again I am not up to date on all the millions of issues preceding these. These comics made me realize just how much I love Poison Ivy and omg that part with Harley hurt my heart so much. Lol and while I understand why these girls make no sense as a team god I wish they could've stuck together!!!
Emma
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, comics, dc
Enjoyed this quite a bit more than book one! A few issues felt a little off to me towards the end, but the first half was so strong. Character-wise, this is hard to fault. Harley, Ivy, and Selina were all written so well, and it was great to see their dynamic both as a team, and as individuals. Loved the page breaks by Guillem March too! Definitely would love to see a reboot of the Sirens sometime in the future.
Dan
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Not quite as good as the first in this series (when is the second book ever as good as the first?), but still a fun read with plenty of action and some interesting developments in the relationships between Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Harley Quinn. I may have rated this 3.5 stars if I hadn't also just recently finished the YA novel Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J. Maas.
Marko
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
I liked this “book two” more than the first one, but Gotham City Sirens just doesn’t work for me. This one had better art, but the stories stayed at the same level. What a pity.

And why do ALL the females in this series have exactly the same body type and age? The men are a mixture of old and young, short and tall, muscular and thin, etc, but all the females seem to be of the same age and body type. It can’t be an accident...
Riah Pilling
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sophia
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a very good graphic novel. The only thing that I didn't like was the art. It suffered from the first book and not in a good way. To me it had no details and it couldnt send emotions to you like the first book could.
Allison
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-a-copy
This was so good! After finishing Book 1 I have been dying to read what happens next! This was full of all kinds of action and heartbreak! I need more of the sirens!
Kaitlynn De Ville
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So dramatic! I'm a little mad at ivy, and I just love cat woman can't wait to get the next one on Saturday
gab

• Suicide Squad, Volume 1: Kicked in the Teeth
  • Harley Quinn, Vol. 4: Vengeance Unlimited
  • Suicide Squad, Volume 4: Discipline and Punish
  • Batgirl, Volume 1: Batgirl of Burnside
Antony J. L. Bedard is an American writer and editor who has worked in the comic book industry from the early 1990s through the present. He is best known for his work at CrossGen Comics, where he was under exclusive contract, and for his run writing Marvel Comics X-Men spin-off Exiles.

Gotham City Sirens (4 books)
  • Gotham City Sirens, Vol. 1: Union