Start by marking “Wicked Charms (Lizzy & Diesel, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Charms (Lizzy & Diesel, #3)

Wicked Charms (Lizzy & Diesel #3)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  14,369 Ratings  ·  1,536 Reviews
Lizzy and Diesel return once again in an all-new adventure in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Janet Evanovich and her co-author, Phoef Sutton!

Murdered and mummified more than ninety years ago, bootlegger Collier “Peg Leg” Dazzle once found and re-hid a famous pirate’s treasure somewhere along the coast of New England. A vast collection of gold and silver coin
Published June 23rd 2015 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Charms, please sign up.
Carol Surely there will be 4 more "Wicked" books in the future to complete the finding of the 7 stones! I certainly hope so, I am loving these books. I read…moreSurely there will be 4 more "Wicked" books in the future to complete the finding of the 7 stones! I certainly hope so, I am loving these books. I read all three together within 3 months so I am hot to trot to keep on going :-)(less)
Gail Henry I'm searching all over on line and can't find the answer. I
think these books are even better and more fun than the
Stephanie Plum books. I hope there…more
I'm searching all over on line and can't find the answer. I
think these books are even better and more fun than the
Stephanie Plum books. I hope there will be more.(less)

Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

THIS ONE IS GOING TO CONTAIN A LOT OF VULGAR GIFS. AFTER READING 1,473 EVANOVICH BOOKS, THERE’S ONLY SO MUCH LEFT IN THE TANK WHEN IT COMES TO REVIEWS. MY APOLOGIES.

If you’ve read/liked Janet E. books in the past, you should have plenty of fun with the Lizzy & Diesel series as well. The light mystery with a side of sexual tension format is the same as in her others - this one just adds an additional element to the mix . . .

Houston commercial photography

Yep, L
Darth J
Sep 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: series
I felt like this book climaxed too quickly. At roughly halfway through we have our big event in the form of finding the lost pirate ship so the rest of the book is a gentle and prolonged falling action to get to the end. Further, in print this book is 308 pages but the margins are too large and there just seems to be a lot of those formatting tricks students learn about to make their papers reach a certain page count. This is maybe 215 pages if formatted like any other book, but with a list pric ...more
freaking finally... I was about to start writing Janet crazy mail to get this one out... you know the crazy mail where you cut letters out of magazines and threaten the author?

The above was the threat I delivered to Janet about a year ago, I had just re-read Wicked Appetite and I really needed the next book. So I patiently waited, ok it wasn't really patient. Finally Evanovich delivered.

This book was exactly what I expect from Janet, exactly. I laughed, I cringed and I laughed some more. This
Reading
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
This book tries too hard to be clever. Instead, it's silly. The characters are spoofish.
Anita
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by the Publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU NetGalley for selecting me to receive an ARC of this book. It is a privilege and an honor.

My friends all know that I an a rabid Janet Evanovich fan. I have read them all from screw ball romance to Stephanie Plum to Lizzy & Diesel, even the Between Books and Graphics, all of them. As long as she entertains me, I am a fan for life. I am not looking for the meaning of life or the Holy G
Karyn Niedert

RELEASE DATE: June 23, 2015

RATING: 2 stars… Four hours of my life I’ll never get back…

AUDIENCE: Fans of previous Janet Evanovich novels may enjoy this book

SERIES: Lizzy and Diesel novels

REVIEW: This didn’t hit my funny bone, curiosity bone, or any other bone I was born with. It read quite like a movie script, and throughout the book all I could think was that they are marketing this to become a movie. After reading the blurb at the end about co-author Phoef Sutton and her extensive work as a tel
❀Aimee❀ Just one more page...
Fun read, lots of funny moments, treasure, pirates, a coroner, witches, baked goods, sexual tension, over the top bad guys (and their loyal minions, some paranormal fun, and a rude monkey named Carl.

There are a few books that are just great palate cleansers. You get done with a series of crappy books, finish a book that makes you cry the ugly cry, or don't know what to read....this is your rebound book.

I've not read the first two in the series, but I picked it up pretty quick.

Lizzy is a low mai
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

***MILD SPOILERS***

I wasn't as impressed with this book as I was the first two in the series. I did like it as I like the characters and the crazy stuff they get do. It just wasn't as fun for me this time around.

Diesel and Lizzy are looking for the Stone of Avarice which is the third deadly sin stone. This involves finding a pirates treasure which contains pieces of coins that give clues, the stone itself and of course, treasure. Some of the coin pieces are s
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Ridiculous.

Could I leave just that in lieu of my review? Because in this unique case, it might just be enough. Ridiculous. And sort of wonderful, but that goes without saying – after all, we’re dealing with Janet Evanovich, the uncrowned queen of wicked humor and insane sexual tension.

We rejoin our heroes as they continue their search for Seven Stones of Power. The stones reflect seven deadly sins, and with two found in the previous books, it is now time to find the stone of avarice. Li
Melliane
Jun 21, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5/5

mon avis en Français

my English review

I always enjoy the Janet Evanovich’s novels as they allow me to spend a great time every time. Also, I was curious to read this third volume. It’s true that I perhaps prefer her Stephanie Plum (the Lizzy & Diesel series is the spin off from these books) or the Fox and O’Hare series but this one is still very nice too.

We thus find our heroes, launched on a whole new adventure. Lizzy is equal to herself, trying to live a quiet life despite the upheaval
Beth
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Pirates, magic and mayhem make Wicked Charms a must read. I found it marvelously quirky. Wicked Charms completely rocks the paranormal romance genre with fun, friendship, almost romance and adventure.

I received this ARC copy of Wicked Charms from Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine - Bantam in exchange for a honest review. This book is set for publication June 23, 2015.

Written by: Janet Evanovich
Pub
Holly
Jun 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, netgalley
I've waited a few years for the third installment of the Lizzy & Diesel series, I almost began to think JE had given up on this storyline. I'm glad she didn't. I know this book is pretty much silly all the way through but its cute. I don't care that its not well-written, I don't care that its nonsense, & I don't care that there were A LOT of similarities in this particular book of the Plum series. I like the characters-->Lizzy, Glo, Carl, & even Wulf. I've been to Salem, Massachus ...more
Sharon Mccall
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Book 3 of the Lizzie and Diesel series takes us on a chase for the third of the seven stones that are connected with the seven deadly sins and this one is greed.

We are taken on a treasure hunt via the way of tracking down parts of a coin - sounding familiar? - and with the usual mayhem associated with Lizzie and Diesel we know that the hunt will not be straightforward.

The usual suspects all turn up in this novel - Clara, Lizzie's boss in the bakery where she works; Glo, Lizzie's co-worker and f
Nykki
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I just can't put my finger on it... Was this book cute? Yes. Did it follow the famous Evanovich formula? Yes. Did it turn out right? Nope.
I hate to think or say it, but I think this maybe was a ghost write for Sutton with J.E advising...All around this one felt forced and rushed. It was missing the J.E magic.

A couple things threw me, like the writing style couldn't seem to decide if the narrative was past or present. There was one spot toward the end that seemed to break "the fourth wall" techn
Michele
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
second read, October 2016, and this time it was the audio version as I was driving cross country. at first I was not fond of the reader but she grew on me. this is my least favorite of the 3 so far lizzie and diesel books. it is completely terrible in terms of continuity and repeating scenes. so formulaic.

first read July 2, 2015. Am I annoyed at myself for how I continue reading Evanovich expecting her to suddenly be a good writer? Yes. Yes, I am. The sentences are so short. Everything is very
Jen
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
This was another fun read by Janet Evanovich for me. I listened to the audiobook and I have to say that I absolutely love Lorelei King. She narrates a lot of Evanovich's books and always does them so well. I just get sucked into the story and before I realize it, it's over.

Lizzy is on another adventure with Disel hunting for pirate treasure before it falls into the wrong hands. Lizzy is a baker, but when Disel drops in she has to stop what she's doing and help him. She's one of the people who h
Ashley
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been waiting for this book to come out for what seems like forever!

These books are so fun to read. I laughed a lot reading this one. Im sad that it’s so long a wait between books. I love this series!
Susan
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third Lizzy and Diesel novel, following on from “Wicked Appetite,” and “Wicked Business.” However, this time around there is another author involved, Phoef Sutton, and it is not clear how much the co-author wrote. However, it is wonderful to have another instalment in this fun series – packed with silly puns, over the top characters and a little romance.

Lizzy Tucker is still living in Salem, in the house she inherited from her Great-Aunt Ophelia, where she lives with Cat and works a
Erica
The good news is that there are no new titles in this series at this time so I don't feel compelled to listen to another installment. Yay!

The bad news is that this one got old, fast. Maybe it's because I listened to all three in a row but maybe not because for volumes one and two, I was rolling my eyes all through the first halves but by the ends, I was smiling a bit, finding I'd enjoyed the reading experience. That flip-flopped for this episode of silliness. It just went on for far too long and
Jess
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015, janet-evanovich
Oh jeeze, I can't even... This book was just ridiculous. Not ridiculous funny, just ridiculous. The characters are so over the top, the scenes are ludicrous and worse than the antics in the Plum series and the plot lines are just not interesting.

The only reason I even read this one was because my MIL buys the books and gave it to me to read.

Not sure what's happening to Evanovich but I'm growing less and less enthused about what she's been coming out with lately. Maybe it's time to take a break a
Sarah's Book Blog
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
By far the best in the series!! Super funny, great flow, and FINALLY a little something going on between Lizzy and Diesel!
Melanie
Nov 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
Loved the first book, thought the second in the series was ok, this one though.... nope. nope. nope.
Vishakha Motwani
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
As usual, very light, fun and quick read.. It's all about the cute witches!

Again as usual, I like Glo!

Lorelei King's narration was just delightful!
Kathy Worrell  ツ
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I always hate to finish the books in this series.

They are not one of the great American novels, they are just plain fun.

I do think they have gone a little overboard with Carl the monkey.

But, that's okay...I'll be reading the next one as soon as it is released.
Karen
Jan 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, paranormal
Funny, light and exciting read.
Elle's Book Blog
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
Didn't enjoy this one as much as the previous books in the series. The plot just wasn't able to hold my attention.
Yvonne
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pretty silly! I loved the pirate theme and the polite bad guy, Rutherford!
Andrea Stoeckel
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
[I received this book free from the publisher through NetGalley. I thank them for their generousity. In exchange, I was simply asked to write an honest review, and post it. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising] 2 1/2 stars Read. 6/ 20-6/21

"You don’t wear responsibility like clothes. You can’t take it off and put it on when you fee
Kari
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, audiobook
I have been waiting to read Wicked Charms for a long time. It's been 4 years since the second book came out. I have to say, that it was worth the wait. I really enjoyed this book. I haven't laughed out loud during a book so much in a long time. You always know with Lizzy and Diesel, there is going to be a crazy adventure. This time around, there are pirate legends, treasure maps and hidden treasure. And of course, the hunt for the next Stone of Avarice.

As I said, I loved the humor in this one. I
Sionna
I'm kind of disappointed because this one wasn't as good was the former two, in my opinion. I honestly think I preferred the audiobooks.

I still liked the book but, I think I'm getting tired of the sequence of events which happen in every story.

Also, Wulf is liking Lizzie... out of the blue??? It seems so weird to me.

So, I'll read more, I mean... it will only be 7 books and I'm out of 3/7 by now so might as well.
I just hope that the next book shakes things up a bit (and not just more relation
  • Ghost of a Potion (A Magic Potion Mystery, #3)
  • Perfectly Matched (Lucy Valentine, #4)
  • If You've Got It, Haunt It (A Haunted Vintage Mystery #1)
  • Spellcasting in Silk (A Witchcraft Mystery, #7)
  • The Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum (Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum #1)
  • Little Black Book of Murder (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #9)
  • Foul Play
  • Vision Impossible (Psychic Eye Mystery, #9)
  • Killer Gourmet (Savannah Reid Mystery, #20)
  • Bones of a Feather (Sarah Booth Delaney, #11)
  • Charms and Chocolate Chips (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #3)
  • A High Heels Haunting (High Heels, #4.5)
  • Lucky Stiff (Lucky O'Toole, #2)
  • A Bad Day for Scandal (Bad Day, #3)
More about Janet Evanovich

Lizzy & Diesel (3 books)
  • Wicked Appetite (Lizzy & Diesel, #1)
  • Wicked Business (Lizzy & Diesel, #2)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The 19th Wife
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Mission Flats
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
  • The Grave Tender
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Roseanna (Martin Beck, #1)
  • I Am Watching You
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Persons Unknown (DS Manon, #2)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Given Day
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Cold Vengeance (Pendergast, #11)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • The Stockholm Octavo
  • Fractured
  • The Winter Over
  • American by Day
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shifting Tide (William Monk, #14)
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Birdman
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)
    $10.99 $1.99
“You don’t wear responsibility like clothes. You can’t take it off and put it on when you feel like. You wear responsibility on the inside, and it isn’t that easy to remove. You have to learn how to live with it.” 3 likes
“Clara and I retraced our steps and returned to the speakeasy. Josh and Carl were playing checkers in the dim light. “Who’s winning?” I asked. “Carl is winning,” Glo said. “If we don’t let him win he pitches a tantrum and throws the checkers all around the room.” 0 likes