Start by marking “Craved by an Alpha (Eternal Mates, #5)” as Want to Read:
Craved by an Alpha (Eternal Mates, #5)

Craved by an Alpha

(Eternal Mates #5)

Having turned his back on his snow leopard pride, Cavanaugh has been counting the days until he’s free of a role he never wanted—one that separated him from his fated female and stands between him and the future he craves with her.

Published January 27th 2015 by Felicity Heaton

To ask other readers questions about Craved by an Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Craved by an Alpha

Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

After chain reading the last two ETERNAL MATES installments one thing has become evident, Felicity Heaton’s big cat shifters are misogynistic jerks! Well, generally speaking anyway, but as in every society there are those that defy tradition, and although Cavanaugh doesn’t outright spit in his prides’ face, he does utilize the rules to his advantage which was even better because H-E-L-L-O! Smart AND dreamy! I briefly met this kissable snow leopard in HUNTED BY A JAGUAR,
Shari Kay
May 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
2.5 ✭

Lots of miscommunication and subsequent lost time.

The author tries really hard to make us believe Cavanaugh had legitimate reasons to leave Eloise for 5 years and never let her know why. Wasn't buying it.

She also wants us to believe Eloise is one tough cookie. Wasn't buying that either.

For an Alpha, H was pretty insecure and kind of whiny.

I'm also not crazy about a sexually aggressive h, especially when it doesn't seem to fit her overall personality as a submissive female...that's just me
I've been a fan of the Eternal Mates series since Felicity Heaton first published Kissed by a Dark Prince so I was eagerly waiting for this latest instalment. We had been introduced to Cavanaugh in Hunted by a Jaguar and I was looking forward to getting to know him better. All we really knew about Cavanaugh was that he had left his pride and his fated mate behind and was counting down the days until he could return to be with her again.

What I didn't know was that Cavanaugh was the pride's alpha
KathyAnne
Jan 06, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a novella... short & fast paced... it gives us a little romance, a little steam, a little action and a nice fulfilling HEA. This was a nice addition to the series but I'm not as big a fan of the shifters as I am of the Elves, Demons and Hunters. This short addition is focused solely on Cavanaugh and Eloise and their coming together finally after 5 long years of separation. Most of the book is them traveling back to his village and re-connecting with each other as they make the long j ...more
Monica **can't read fast enough**
Cavanaugh is a perfect example of Fate stepping in and blowing all of your carefully laid plans right out of the water. After years of being away from his pride, suffering through loneliness and the pain of knowing that he is not only separated from his mate, but she isn't even aware of his true need for her, Cavanaugh was only days from seeing his plans come to fruition when Eloise shows up and his plans have to change.

Eloise has come to collect Cavanaugh to bring him back to save their pride
Stephanie  G
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cavanaugh never wanted to be alpha and just days away from achieving the freedom he craves, Eloise, his fated mate, shows up begging him to return to the pride he left behind in this enthralling paranormal romance.

It has taken Eloise years to find Cavanaugh and now that she’s found him she has to convince him to return to the village and his role as alpha for the sake of the pride only Cavanaugh wants to wait until he can be free to claim the role he really wants – that of Eloise’s mate. The rea
Whitney
Jan 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Barely 3 stars

This is a short book. But, the whole conflict of the book was miscommunication/non-communication between the two main characters. It's a big pet peeve of mine to move a story along because two people can't simply open their mouths and talk about a basic conflict. There was more inner dialogue that was pretty repeatative compared to ACTUAL dialogue between the two characters. They would seriously stand in front of each other and hash stuff out in their brains but remain silently sta
Melanie
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing

This novella is the fifth story in the Eternal Mates series by Felicity Heaton. This is a series that I've enjoyed since I started reading book one, Kissed by a Dark Prince. I love that there are four books coming out back to back to back early this year. The author has gifted us with some great stories.

In this book, we have Cavanaugh, a snow leopard (one of my favorite real life animals, they are just beautiful). He has left his pride and his mate, the love of his life and best friend
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 4.5 Craved by an Alpha Stars ~

ARC Craved by an Alpha

Hot dame this series just keeps getting better or should I say it’s all Amazing. Craved by an Alpha is book five in the Eternal Mates series by Felicity Heaton. Don’t let the five scare you off this one can be read as a stand alone. We get the perfect amount of plot, character development, and romance.

Yep, I’m enjoying these new characters in the Eternal Mates series. Cavanaugh is one sexy snow leopard. I liked his determination to do what
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
4.5 Stars

Cavanaugh was shocked to see his mate after leaving his pride all these years. Being the next Snow Leopard in line, Cavanaugh is the true alpha of his pride. Unfortunately, the duties and responsibilities did not bode well with him, so he left bput he swore he’d go back one day for the woman he love.

Eloise is determined to find and bring Cavanaugh back to their pride for him to take his place as alpha and restore peace back in the land. But it’s not that easy as it seems. They will hav
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: eternal-mates
Favorite Lines “It was all make believe though, a fantasy created by her mind as it interpreted how he had reacted and how he held her.”

“She was a moth drawn to his flame and it was only a matter of time before he set her on fire and had her burning so hot that it reduced her control to ashes.”

“If he could win this one, he could win the forever he wanted with her.”

“She had given him forever.”

Heaton is on F-I-R-E!! This Eternal Mates installment was fabulous!
Cavanaugh peaked my interest in the la
Marta Cox
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth book in this series and yet again the author has outdone herself. This the Eternal Mates series do all connect but Ms Heaton has done an amazing job of making each story a standalone whilst continuing the readers journey through this amazing world. Craving a hot Alpha male? Then allow me to introduce you to Cavanaugh who we briefly met before and boy was it obvious that ths tough guy had an awful lot of backstory. Now it's finally revealed just how much he is prepared to go thr ...more
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it

the plot

Craved by an Alpha is about Cavanaugh, a snow leopard shifter that currently has the title of alpha of his pride but he doesn’t want it. He left his pride almost 5 years ago to lose the title (it’s a pride rule). Why doesn’t he want the title? He’s in love with his fated mate, Eloise but because of his alpha status they can’t be together.

Eloise has been hunting for Cavanaugh for two years to bring him back to their pride because the current guy acting as alpha is a real douch c
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου

You can see the following review also here: https://loveandlivetoread.wordpress.c...

**The author gave be this book in exchange of an honest review**

Well, I wanted to read the fifth installment of this series but I must be honest and say that it wasn’t what I was expecting really. Don’t get me wrong. I enjoyed reading it but I didn’t feel the connection with the characters like I did with the previous books. The writing style was very good and the plot interesting, but it was too fast-paced.

Cava
Kelly
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Cavanaugh. Part of me feels that of the two of them I should have been more devastated by Eloise's plight because she was stuck in a crappy situation and she had no idea why Cavanaugh had abandoned her without saying anything. But... Cavanaugh. He got to me. To be caught between the good of his people and the want in his heart. *sad face*

Which isn't to say Eloise had it any different. She had to deal with some serious abandonment issues with the added bonus of a power-mad alpha who wants to
Farrah
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
A super hot romance that turned up the heat, Craved by an Alpha was an enjoyable read. It was a great addition to the series and I liked it.

Both characters were good. Eloise was determined and stronger than she believed herself to be. Though it was irritating that she made assumptions about Cavanaugh because of his position as the alpha, even though she has been friends with him before. Cavanaugh was sweet and wanted nothing more than to be with the woman he loved. I liked them both.

The romance
Tracey
Cavannaugh is a snow leopard, his had a personal mission for the last five years, his about to be able to make a claim on his prize..

Eloise has been searching for her packs alpha for years, she running out of time to save her pack from a tyrant alpha.

When these two reconnect its evident they still burn for each other, Cavannaugh gives her hints about his plans but doesnt open up fully. Eloise is a strong woman and passionate too, I loved seeing her taking control! Their story is an easy read tha
Romancing the Book
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Reviewed by Amy W
Book provided by author
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

In order to have a shot at being with his true mate, Cavanaugh walked away from his role as Alpha of his snow leopard tribe. It’s been almost five years and he’s more than ready to go back for Eloise. Yet in Felicity Heaton’s Craved by An Alpha, true happiness isn’t quite that easy.

Eloise has been searching for him for two years and is determined to bring him back to his rightful place. Cavanaugh is torn between duty
Sandy S
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date January 27, 2015

Just days from the night he will finally be free to be with the low-ranking beauty who stole his heart, she walks back into his life and threatens to destroy everything he’s worked towards in the five long years they’ve been
*Flora*
2017 Review
You can read my full review on my WordPress blog, Flora's Musings...

So, what did I like about it?
I am already a fan of Felicity Heaton’s writing style (I think I might have mentioned that before. lol!); it’s the way she creates a very believable paranormal world and then filling it with complex, multifaceted characters and weaves their stories around a background arc with such depth that it just draws me in. Craved by an Alpha does not disappoint.

I enjoyed the dilemma aspect of this t
Lynn Worton
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the fifth book in the Eternal Mates Series. I loved it!

Cavanaugh is a fantastic character. I was intrigued by him when he was first introduced in Kyter and Iolanthe's story, Hunted by a Jaguar. It has been a pleasure getting to know him better. He is a snow leopard shifter, who has left his pride and his responsibilities as pride Alpha, so that he could be with the woman he knows to be his fated female. When Eloise unexpectedly turns up in Kyter's bar, Underworld, Cavanaugh finds himself
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
When you find yourself loving every book that you have read by a particular author, it makes you question if he/she can continue to develop the quality stories you have come to expect. Well, once again Ms. Heaton has proven that she has the ability to keep delivering the type of stories that will keep her fans coming back for more. Her descriptive writing and attention to detail helps make her stories come alive.

The first thing that jumped out at me when I received this book was the cover. It oo
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I received this book from the author in return for a fair and honest review.

We briefly met Cavanaugh in Kyter and Iolanthe's story and I was immediately intrigued by him - I guess I like the tortured hero! We find out in his story that because of Pride rules and traditions, he can't be with the woman/cat that he wants to be with. When he is challenged as Alpha, he is injured and makes decisions that maybe aren't as smart as he thinks they are at the time.

This leads him eventually to 'Underworld'
Katrina
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars

Craved bY An Alpha is the first short that Felicity has written for the Eternal Mate series.

Being a shorter story then her usual novels - nothing has gone unwritten. The characters are still sharp, crisp and well defined. We see everything one could want in a read.

Passion, tension, angst, thrills, and hot loving and incredibly hot snow leopards !

Cavanaugh and Eloise are not my favourite couple in the series, but I did enjoy the finale of them finally getting together. Five years of
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
Heaton takes us on another exciting journey as eternal mates attempt to find their way together.

Cavanaugh and Eloise's story is one of hurt feelings, intense passion, denial, and years spent apart desperately wanting the forever they'd always desired. Pride law, however, was against them. These two fought their way back to one another. It was a dangerous journey but one they were each strong enough to withstand.

Cavanaugh is one tenacious guy. He decided he wanted something and determinedly set a
Daria
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
~~~~Gifted by the Author in exchange for a Honest Review ~~~

I am so in love with this series I am already chomping at the bits for book 6. That being said.. where this is a amazing reading... Book 2 is still my favorite.. (smiles)...
I love the fact that the main characters had body to their personalities. This one story just seemed to have a bit more detail in than in her usual writing. But I still adored it.. I felt like I wanted to love and strangle Eloise and Cavanaugh in equal measures.
Whe
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW

Cavanaugh and Eloise's Story

Cavanaugh left his pride many years ago after losing to another so he would no longer have to be Alpha. He just could not lose his life mate. But when he left he did so with no word to her or anyone else.

Cavanaugh had no idea the man who replaced him as Alpha would be so vicious to the women and others of the
Bonnie Rediske-
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Cavinaugh is the rightful heir and alpha of his pack, however life has thrown him a curve ball and he has identified his mate. In his species, because of the low numbers, it is highly rare to find a mate. As alpha it is expected that you have many women in your harem and Cavinaugh refuses to hurt his one love in that way, so he does what he feels he must do. He leaves his pack to allow a 5 year timeline pass where he gives up his role so that he can have that which he wants most. What he does no ...more
Amanda Masters
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This Book Was Given To Me By The Author In Exchange For An Honest Review

Another amazing story by Felicity! what an incredible storyteller she is! I couldn't put the book down! each and every story gets better and better and each story seems to co-mingle with another previous in some way or form. I felt so sorry for Cavanaugh in the previous book even though we didn't really know what was bothering him. Getting to know him in this one just breaks your heart!

I really love snow leopards and to read
  • Brink of Passion (Alpine Woods Shifters, #6)
  • Caressed by a Crimson Moon (Rulers of Darkness, #3)
  • Sinfully Spellbound
  • On Wicked Ground (Solsti Prophecy #4)
  • The Howling Heart
  • Piece by Piece (West End #3)
  • Hidden Passions (Hidden, #7)
  • Predator's Refuge (Gemini Island Shifters, #3)
  • Deal With The Devil (Purgatory, #4)
  • Searing Ecstasy (Guardians of the Realms #7)
  • Saving Margaret (Vegas Mates, #2)
  • Tiger Mine
  • Shadow Heart: Slayer (Shadow Vampires, #2)
  • Never Say Love
  • In Deep (In Deep, #1)
  • Lover's Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1.5)
  • Chase the Darkness (Alpha Pack, #7)
Felicity Heaton is a New York Times, USA Today and international best-selling author writing passionate paranormal romance books. In her books she creates detailed worlds, twisting plots, mind-blowing action, intense emotion and heart-stopping romances with leading men that vary from dark deadly vampires to sexy shape-shifters and wicked werewolves, to sinful angels and hot demons!

If you're a fan

Eternal Mates (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Kissed by a Dark Prince (Eternal Mates, #1)
  • Claimed by a Demon King (Eternal Mates, #2)
  • Tempted by a Rogue Prince (Eternal Mates, #3)
  • Hunted by a Jaguar (Eternal Mates, #4)
  • Bitten by a Hellcat (Eternal Mates, #6)
  • Taken by a Dragon (Eternal Mates, #7)
  • Marked by an Assassin (Eternal Mates, #8)
  • Possessed by a Dark Warrior (Eternal Mates, #9)
  • Awakened by a Demoness (Eternal Mates, #10)
  • Haunted by the King of Death (Eternal Mates, #11)