Start by marking “Take” as Want to Read:
Take

Take

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  47 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
When FBI special agent Joss Dubois discovers that her best friend’s life is being threatened, she volunteers to be the Vegas dancer's official protection. Determined to solve the case before she loses one of the only people she loves, Joss becomes caught up in terrorism, attempted murder, and life behind-the-scenes of the seedy nightlife of Sin City.

Joss is forced to partn
Published August 28th 2014 by Silvia Ami

To ask other readers questions about Take, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take

Ellie
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was kindly provided with a copy by the author in exchange of an honest review

An intense suspense and sweet romance!

Full review is also published on my blog - http://elliereadsfiction.blogspot.com/

It's a debut novel by Silvia Ami and I was provided a copy in exchange of an honest review. I rather enjoyed this complex romantic suspense story.

The romance was strong and slow burning and the chemistry between Ethan and Joss was great. The mystery element was also well done and kept me guessing til
Amy
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this debut novel by Silvia Ami! I would categorize it as being both a plot and a character-driven story. There was great intrigue in the mystery behind who was behind the scheme to harm Iris, friend of both of the main characters. Also, we had the wonderful unfolding of a romance between Ethan and Joss. These two were instantly drawn to one another and that concerned me, initially. However, the attraction did not translate into a quick hop into bed. Oh, no. They fought that love ...more
Tammy
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading about Joss and Ethan, and their budding attraction alongside the action, intrigue and danger they face while trying to protect those that are closest to her. Great characters and a fast paced storyline that takes place in the bigger than life city of lights, Las Vegas. Thank you to Silvia Ami for trusting me to read your baby!
Maggie Welsh
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced with a slow burn! Silvia Ami gives us a an exciting mystery with plenty of intrigue - an FBI agent, a former Marine, Vegas showgirls and dangerous plot that has to be uncovered - and a romance between Joss and Ethan who fight their attraction as hard as they work to solve the threats against their friend. An exciting and steamy debut novel!
April
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A fast-paced, thrillingly romantic mystery. The characters are well-drawn and stay with the reader long after finishing the book. A fun read and a fantastic debut!
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
When I first started reading Take I thought oh I am not going to like this. The attraction between the main characters was too much and seemed like it would just be an insta love story with just lots of sex. You know one of those romances that love is really just physical attraction and nothing more. Thankfully this book quickly proved me wrong and was a great read.

Joss is an FBI agent on vacation visiting with her best friend Iris. When Iris' life is threatened Joss takes over the investigation
The Reading's Love Blog
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
LA RECENSIONE COMPLETA QUI: https://thereadingslove.blogspot.it/2...

description
Prendete un affascinante quanto "maschio" ex marines...
Poi prendete una caparbia e indipendente agente dell'FBI.
Fateli scontrare sotto le magiche luci di Las Vegas, e aspettate i fuochi d'artificio.
Ebbene si... Sotto le magiche luci di Las Vegas assisteremo all'inseguimento di un nemico che trama nell'ombra, apparentemente irraggiungibile e insospettabile, al punto da dover ricorrere a tutte le forze in campo per sbrogliare la
Lisa Karafa
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Intrigue wrapped in mystery with a smoldering romance, TAKE has it all. When a group of Vegas showgirls are threatened repeatedly through anonymous notes, FBI agent Joss and hotel security chief Ethan team up to try and figure out the identity of the perpetrator.
An undeniable attraction between Joss and Ethan burns low and slow, but with their attention required on the task at hand, they can’t seem to act on it. Frustration grows with the case when they identify potential suspects and then clear
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fun, fast-paced, fantastic read! Take is Silvia Ami's debut novel and she's off to a great start. I very much enjoyed reading about how Joss and Ethan went after the bad guy. Highly recommend it for those of you that like a little action/mystery with your romance!
Silvia Ami
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote it and, honestly, I like it :D
Heather
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Terrific Debut Novel!

Take is a romantic suspense novel penned by promising newcomer Silvia Ami. Take follows Joss and Ethan as they attempt to discover who is threatening to kill Joss' best friend while trying to ignore the growing attraction between them.

I admit that I am not normally a fan of suspense/mystery/crime novels. I tend to prefer spending my time figuring out how the hero and heroine are going to overcome their difficulties than in discovering how they will uncover the murderous pl
Dawn
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have lived away from Texas for a while and this book made me miss my “people.”

I loved the story.

Spoiler- I thought Lou was the bad guy! Since she was from Texas and the former owner was from Texas- Silvia did a great job with the trickery.

It is a fun read for a holiday weekend, a beach getaway, a couple of nights without TV… it won’t disappoint.
Falling In Fall Book Blog
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fallers, I don't have a lot of time on my hands at the moment... which means I don't get to spend nearly as much time reading as I'd like. This book didn't stop me. I spent literally all day yesterday (Sunday) reading Take by Silvia Ami. I literally couldn't put it down--so, of course, I have to give it five leaves!

Ethan Gallagher runs security at an extremely popular casino in Vegas. Josie Dubois is an FBI agent just trying to make sure her best friend is safe. And of course, the two get throw
Shannon
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Take is a fun, fast-paced ride with equal elements of action, suspense and romance. Opposites attract for the hero and heroine in Silvia Ami's debut novel. However, their insta-attraction, as they work together to solve a case, one that has personal ties to both of them, is realistic and sexy/smart, too.

FBI agent, Joss is strong, super-smart and dedicated to not only her career but also to the long-time friends she calls family. But Joss has issues. She's flawed in a tragic, but believable way.
Linda Strong
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
This was one of the better Romantic Suspense books I've read... a nice balance of suspense with the love and intimacy. Neither one overpowered the other.

The book follows Joss and Ethan as they attempt to discover who is threatening to kill Joss' best friend while trying to ignore the growing attraction between them. Joss is an FBI Agent and Ethan is a Security Specialist.

What I liked most is that Joss is not your typical heroine and Ethan is not the typical hero who rushes in at the last minute
Jo
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
It is always, without exception, exciting to read a debut novel. And with this story, you get a two for one type of a deal. First, we have the suspense element, but you also get a romantic liaison as well.

If I'm being entirely honest, I struggled with this book for the first chapter or so. It felt a little confusing to me, but the story very quickly hit its stride, and was thoroughly enjoyable from there on.

Overall, I found this to be a well written romantic suspense, with engaging characters a
Courtney
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the book. Good start for a series. Initially, I felt that the romance segment was more than I typically enjoy, but the two main characters were just so likable that I stayed with it... happily. As I like character-driven stories more than plot-driven, "Take" worked well for me. I look forward to #2.
Susan
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Take is the perfect blend of romance and suspense. Joss is federal agent on vacation, who is helping her friend Iris with a stalker situation, when she meets Ethan. She's instantly drawn to him. Will he help her overcome her past to find love? This was a page turner from the start. I'll definitely look for more by Silvia Ami!
Romanticamente Fantasy
3.5 - Voto
Il libro scorre piacevolmente, non è lento o noioso, ma… Una volta letta la trama lo immaginavo decisamente più movimentato.

take-di-silvia-ami-rfsLa storia si concentra più sull’immediata attrazione tra i protagonisti, alla quale Joss non sa se arrendersi. Importante è anche il suo rapporto attuale e passato tra lei, la sua migliore amica Iris, e Donovan (attuale fidanzato di Iris ed ex di Joss). Iris è la regina del gruppo “Le Gazzelle”, show di punta del casinò del compagno. Da tempo
Tony Parsons
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Set in Las Vegas, Donovan O'Malley (Ethan boss/BMF, Desert Casino General Manager, USMC) had a staff meeting.

Donovan had been receiving threatening letters toward the Gazelles (showgirls) but this time it was about Iris Mellon (ballerina) his G/F.

Long Island NY, Special Agent Joss Dubois (f, Josephine, FBI) & Iris (Joss BFF, Juilliard) were picked up at the MacArthur Airport by Ethan Gallagher (Desert Casino Security Manager, aka Boo-Boo & Big Bear, Stanford).

They were headed for Las V
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: given-for-review
I was very kindly given a copy for Take to read and review.

FBI agent Joss Dubois is on vacation from her job when Iris, her best friend, is in major need of some assistance. Travelling with her to Las Vegas to the casino that Iris works at she gets reconnects with her close friend and Iris’s boyfriend Don and is paired with former Marine Ethan who is security manager for the casino to investigate the threats received against Iris and her fellow dancers. As the threats and attacks intensify so do
Eva Mejicano
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Aaly
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great job and great first novel Silvia!! Suspenseful and romantic! Loved it!
Full review to come!

**************************************************************

Take is a suspenseful and romantic novel, a great promising first book!
Add a sexy and handsome security chief and a hot, beautiful and bad ass FBI agent, in Sin City, with a plot involving a crazy stalker. Yep, I was in!

When a group of showgirls at the the Desert Casino is threaten, as his girlfriend, the General manager, Donovan O’Malley,
Char Sowers
What a great combo: a wonderful "new to me" author bringing a fabulous Las Vegas, with a New Jersey attitude, romantic thriller story. "Take" gives you a realistic Las Vegas setting with characters that are transplants (and a visitor) from New Jersey and California. Silvia Ami's thriller kept me on my toes with viable "red herrings" a plenty. It definitely more that passes the "Char Story Test" ... if you take out the sex and romance you absolutely have a compelling "Whodunit". The Heroine is an ...more
Jamie
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This review can also be found on: bbf-book-boyfriends.blogspot.de

First of all, thank you to Silvia Ami for letting me read her book. It was truly a nice change since I haven't read a suspense novel in a while.

The story takes off right away, and throughout the whole book there is never a dull moment, never a time where you're wondering if the story will move forward. It's action-packed, for sure, but with the chemistry that Joss and Ethan have, you cannot help but want them to find their way to e
Carla
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I was given a copy of this book as a gift from Stephanie's Book Reports in exchange for an honest review.

4 stars for Take by Silvia Ami. This book contains a little bit of everything including romance, action, danger, and suspense.

When a group of Vegas showgirls at the Desert Casino is threatened, this places both the professional and private life of General Manager, Donovan O'Malley, in jeapordy. His girlfriend, Isis, is a member of the group being threatened, and he will stop at nothing to pr
Anita
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was provided by the author in exchange for a fair and honest review

Take is a fast paced romance with mystery and I really admire it as the first work by a new author. The suspense was intense and the romance was hot. I didn't guess the baddie and that makes it a hit for me. The plot and the identity of the baddie could have gone a lot of different ways and that made to book very enjoyable.

Joss is an FBI agent who has been ordered to take a vacation. Her BFF, Iris a headlining Las Vega
Medavis66
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Interesting story. Loved the lifelong friendships contained in the main storyline. Enjoyed the buildup of romance throughout everything else going on. At times the story went very slow for me, however I never lost interest. The suspense and mystery was well done. I did figure out who was involved, but not early enough to take anything away from the reveal in my reading. My favorite characters were Joss and Ethan. I also really liked Zach and Lou. Iris and Don were interesting, but I would be mor ...more
Sharon
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received an electronic copy of this book for an honest review. I try not to read summaries or reviews before reading, as to not cloud my judgment. Therefore, I was surprised to find that the major theme running throughout this book is romance. That being said, I liked the fact that it has a strong female character, Joss, who is an FBI agent. She meets head security manager, Ethan, when trying to help solve a case at the casino in which he works. The author did a good job in balancing the actio ...more
Michael Mardel
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Take by Ami is a love story with some steamy sex with an unbelievable man - he was too good to be true with a perfect body. These scenes detracted from Joss' work as an FBI agent. I consider it belongs to the chick lit brigade. Be that as it may, I enjoyed the tension in working out the culprits, even down to a car chase with shots being fired. The character of Joss was well-handled with past bad things happening but it was unbelievable that she had independent wealth.
Making Connections: TAKE by Silvia Ami 3 13 Nov 18, 2014 09:36PM
Silvia Ami has been a project engineer, an executive in a small business, and lately a rocket scientist (just kidding). She backpacked across Europe by train before the cheap-flight era, lived in Germany for five years, and learned Spanish from her husband.
She, her husband, and their two boys share a huge Lego collection, a kitchen full of cooking gadgets, and a home-office that resembles Doc's l