Start by marking “Her Best Match (The Best Girls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Best Match (The Best Girls, #1)

Her Best Match

(The Best Girls #1)

This is an alternate cover edition for B00FR30D16

Anne Best was bored with her life in Texas. But when this feisty forty-five year old starts a new life in the Big Apple working for Gherring Inc., she stumbles into more adventure than she bargained for.

Billionaire Steven Gherring always makes the Most Eligible Bachelors list, but he’s given up looking for love.

Gherring’s
Published December 23rd 2013 (first published October 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Her Best Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Best Match

Start your review of Her Best Match (The Best Girls, #1)
Didi
1.5 STARS

UUGGGHHHH

I need an aspirin.

My only consolation? This was a freebie. Thank you, God.
It's not that it was bad necessarily--no, ok, maybe it was--It's just that it could have been much, much better save for a few things:
1. Annoying as hell heroine. fuuuccckkk
2. Too damn looooong Oh, my God. Kill me now.
3. Excessively immature and unrealistic. No, really?!

The premise of this book had promise. A 45 year old widowed mother of two grown up girls, makes the move to New York from Texas for a
Bethany Turner
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lizzie drives the story, but Darcy is why we're still obsessed. There is no Twilight without Bella, but there are no crazed fans without Edward and Jacob. Without Gale and Peeta, Katniss's story would swallow us in despair, and send us running for the hills. When I read a love story, I want a strong, likeable, believable heroine. That's what gets me interested, but that's not what gets me invested. If I begin to care for this strong, likeable, believable heroine, and then I'm expected to go ...more
Melissa
May 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book started out really fun. I enjoyed the characters and I really thought I would love this book. It is from one woman's point of view. Anne is 45 and ready for a life change she fly's off to interview in New York with a huge successful company with a very eligible boss. She gets the job the sparks fly you know exactly what is going to happen and then chaos ensues. I think I needed less of Anne as the book went on, she was such an idiot. Everyone else knew what was going on it would take a ...more
Kitty
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

Her Best Match was a very unusual kind of a book with the protagonist of 45 years of age (or maybe I haven't read any with an old protagonist). Anne was was sooo cute with her insecurities and came across as a 20 year old on her first interview in the start. The author showed a very beautifull relashionship between Anna and her two daughters who shared everything together. The love interest Steven came across very arrogant in the
Tracy Wainwright
A great romantic ride

Almost 400 pages has rarely flown by so fast. Anne is quirky and very likable. Steven is commanding and lovable. Their story is a fun adventure.
April Adams
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ok you guys, or should I say you girls... or actually, hey ya'll, this book is the shizznit!

If you like romance you will love this book. If you like feeling frustrated at someone through almost an entire story, you will love this book. If you like happy endings, you will love this book. If you've ever had hopes that one day a handsome, kind, generous billionaire would fall in love with you, you will definitely love this book. If you want a book to make you FEEL, then you will love this book.

Brian O'Hare
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Superb Story Telling

Sometimes as a reviewer I will come across a book that is good, or better than good, and instinctively I examine the pages in an effort to analyse what it is that makes a particular book so appealing. Is it the short punchy sentences, the precise vocabulary, the type of verbs used, the elegance of the phrasing? Is the depth of the characterisation, the plotting, or the overall theme? Usually I can make reasonable deductions as to why a particular book works.

Tamie Dearen’s ‘
Lorraine Adair
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Her Best Match is laugh out loud delightful.

I picked up Her Best Match free on Smashwords a couple months ago. I couldn't put it down. It was cute and fun, a little bit sexy but never sleazy. I loved the story and how naive and clueless Anne was in spite of her age and having raised two lovely daughters. As a (cough, cough) mature woman myself, I found her very relatable.

It's a fish out of water story as this Texas mama hits the Big Apple for a little adventure. She is so out of place in the
Ines Bautista-yao
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Characters you care about, a fun story, and chemistry that's quite hot!

I had so much fun reading this book. I knew what was going to happen, and the plot and the actions of the characters were easy to predict but the way the author makes you fall in love with and care for these characters is a gift. I felt bereft after reading it because the book was over and I wasn't going to spend time with the characters anymore. It's a good thing there are more books in the series!

I think because reading
Janet
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked most of this book.

Anne who is bored in her life in Texas gets invited to interview for a job in New York. This starts a story of new friendships, romance, mis-communications, family, and a bunch of other things.

I think this story was a little too long - in some places I couldn't wait to turn the page and on other pages I almost couldn't finish that page, ready to move on to the next part.

Almost from the beginning I could guess what was the outcome was going to be I enjoyed some
Alyssa
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-for-fun
I really enjoyed Her Best Match. It was a quick, easy read with likable characters. I also appreciated the fact that the main character isn't your typical 20-30 something single girl. I have already suggested this book to several friends and family members!
Rachel Braugh
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the characters. They were very likeable, complex, and believable. It felt like I was reading about my friends!
Coco.V
Oct 21, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (10/21/2017)!
Lisa
Dec 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: series
My initial thought upon finishing this book was, "thank God it was free." The book was poorly edited, poorly paced, and poorly executed.

The initial premise was exciting: long-time widowed woman with two grown children wants a new life. She gets the option to interview for an executive assistant in a top New York company, and despite a mad interviewing experience, gets a three-month trial. Her boss is a stoic and handsome millionaire who's, of course, single. Like all romantic lit, you as the
Traci Sanders
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Verified Purchase
This review is from: Her Best Match: A Romantic Comedy (The Best Girls Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

From the beginning I was drawn into Anne's world. Being able to relate to her naive spirit and willingness to see the good in people, I found it adorable that she was intuitive about others' lives yet so clueless when it came to her own. In fact, I was dying to skip to the end to see how it all played out but stayed true to my purpose in reading...enjoying the escape. I am so glad now
Doug Sweet
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay…right up front I will admit that I am not a romance genre reader. I’m a guy that loves action or suspense, but this book was recommended and I do like to occasionally select reads outside of my box of standards.

I will have to say that I really enjoyed Her Best Match. (Spoiler alert) Sure I knew the story had to end with “girl gets guy” but what I really appreciated was the character development and the witty, realistic dialog that carried me along in the story. I have read a lot of e-books
Lizzie Chantree
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful book for those who like to be swept away with romance and glamour. The story is about Anne, a very moral mother of two who lost her husband many years ago. Anne decides that she wants to shake up her life a bit and find some new adventure.

Anne and her daughters are immediately likeable and you want to know more about them. Anne is a strong and independent woman, who finds a new job and a new home but then doubts her own ability to hold onto them.

The book takes us on a
Sophia Martin
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love the fact that the main character, Anne, is 45. Not only that, but she isn't perfect; her flaws make her more appealing. What a breath of fresh air in a genre overpopulated with young, fairy-like, tiny women and girls with red hair and purple eyes? Anne has a few gray hairs amid the brown. AND she gets her hair done at Supercuts. Here's a heroine I can relate to!
The writing is solid and a pleasant read. A few times the dialogues lost me a bit in terms of who was speaking, and
Loren Weaver
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Her Best Match is the first of the romantic comedy series the Best Girls by Tamie Dearen.

Anne Best is a 45 year old widowed mother of two from Texas, and she's loved being a mother. But now her girls are gone, she's taken a job in New York City as executive assistant to billionaire Steven Gherring. Anne is a matchmaker, and even as she starts to navigate the streets of NYC, she's pairing people off.
Of course, saying that, we already know the ending. But the fun part is the journey, and Anne
Oct 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
Absolutely HORRID! I couldn't finish. Now I watch almost every cheesy Hallmark movie and read some very cheesy books but the characters and the story development in this is godawful!

The main character is the worse!
Elizabeth
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mel
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! i loved how normal and down to earth the main character was. Looking forward to reading the next books in the series!
Viviana
Oh my god!!! I completely disliked Anne!!! Ah I was so put off by her I almost didn’t finish reading. She was the worst kind of stubborn!!!
Donna Weaver
Overall a cute story. It took way too long to get there and there was way too much focus on the physical attraction.

I'm not a fan of tongue descriptions in kissing and there was way too much of that.
Debra French
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I have read in a bit. I could not stop laughing throughout even though I thought I knew how the plot would evolve, but it was a fun trip from beginning to end.
Sara Jo
Sep 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There is a reason this book was free - don't waste money or time on it. I can't believe I read it myself. I kept hoping it would get better, but it just got longer and more stupid with every page. I cannot even begin to believe a 45 year old woman is that naive, innocent and ridiculous. The author might have said 45, but she meant 15. Anne behaved like an idiot teenager for the ENTIRE book. And Steven was no better. Full of hot-tempered rants and tears and misunderstandings - I cannot imagine ...more
Gudrun
It was a freebie otherwise I would have returned it.
The writing was immature, the main characters behaved like twens and not like 50 or 45 year old adults.

The running gag was Anne trying to be matchmaker for nearly every person she met, starting with the doorman of her condo minutes after arriving. Later it just felt ridiculous.

This book was not my cup of tea.
Sara Mcbride
Oct 02, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldnt-finish
Gag.. I can't take it anymore. This book is written like a 13 year old writing a love story. Thank goodness it was free.
Christine Stacy
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful Story

I really liked the way the story unfolded and all the plotting and subplotting going on. It was a fun ride, reading this book. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Kathleen J Kunkle
Great read.

Loved the storyline. Young widow experiencing empty next syndrome. So many surprises in a very short time frame. I could not put this book down.
Goodreads Librari...: New edition 8 29 Feb 16, 2017 11:04PM
Clean Reads: 99¢ this week! Featured on SweetFreeBooks 3 23 Apr 02, 2014 06:09AM
Clean Romances: 99¢ this week! Featured on SweetFreeBooks 1 15 Apr 01, 2014 02:48PM
Clean Romances: 45 isn't too old for ROMANCE! 8 44 Mar 13, 2014 07:50PM
Clean Reads: Smashwords E-book week 1 14 Mar 01, 2014 07:58PM
Clean Romances: Smashwords E-book week 1 6 Mar 01, 2014 07:54PM
Romances with Humor: Come see pictures! 1 13 Feb 25, 2014 09:24PM

• Longing for Forever (Sunset Bay Romance, #1)
  • The Brainy Billionaire (Clean Billionaire Beach Club Romance #1)
  • Twice Shy (The Power of Love, #1)
  • Let Your Heart Beat Again (A Breath Without Life Novel - Book One)
  • Temptation Road (Temptation Road, #1)
  • A Cowboy Christmas: A Billionaire Cowboy Story
  • The Party (Dear Santa, #1)
  • Her Stand-in Fake Fiancé (Christmas Romance Series)
  • Falling For You (Sapphire Bay, #1)
  • Undercover (Harris Thorn, #1)
  • The Envelope (Texas Hearts, #1)
  • Captured by Love Books 1-3 (Captured by Love #1-3)
  • With This Ring (Windswept Bay, #6)
  • Once Upon a Romance (A Dream Come True, #1)
  • Healing Her Cowboy (Montana Secrets #1)
  • Brody's Redemption (Small Town Scandals #1)
  • Her Cowboy Hero (Rodeo Knights, #13)
  • Blind Date with a Billionaire Single Dad (Blind Date Disasters, #4)

Tamie Dearen writes Sweet Romance, Christian Romance, and Young Adult Fantasy. She lives in Texas with her husband of thirty-six years and two dogs. Join Tamie's VIP subscribers on her website and get three free books!

The Best Girls (5 books)
  • Best Dating Rules (The Best Girls, #2)
  • Best Foot Forward (The Best Girls, #3)
  • Best Laid Plans (The Best Girls, #4)
  • Best Intentions (The Best Girls #5)
“I’m a very careful man. Everything I do… Remember this… Everything I do means something to me.” 0 likes
“afternoon. I don’t have time for that today.” 0 likes