Start by marking “Highland Hunger Collection (Highland Wars)” as Want to Read:
Highland Hunger Collection (Highland Wars)

Highland Hunger Collection

(Highland Wars #1)

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
An unclaimed land in the Scottish isles is ruled by the male and female victors in a series of war games every five years. Named Chief and Lady of the land, they rule the vast holding, and protect the people by divine right, until the next game begins. After her brother's death Ceana is named laird. The only way for her clan to survive the ravages of t
Published September 22nd 2014 by Knight Media, LLC (first published August 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Hunger Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Hunger Collection

Start your review of Highland Hunger Collection (Highland Wars)
C.A. Szarek
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME!!

This was the first book I've ever read by Eliza Knight & it definitely won't be the last!

I love everything about this book. I really don't have one negative thing to say LOL!

The darkness and harsh violence was an accurate testament to the time the book Took place in. Not something that you normally see historical romance, but it was refreshing in away because of its realism.

I absolutely loved the hero! I also very much liked Ceana. I liked how she was this tough girl but inside she was
Erin Al-Mehairi
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've reviewed E. Knight's Highland Hunger novel, which was first released in several parts before being condensed into the whole. I am always all for serial releases, though I missed this one and read the book when it was completed as one. It's a planned book series, as well.

I was first intrigued by the branding of this book. Eliza and her graphic artist, Kim I think, did a cool job of branding this series with appealing graphics for the book cover, bookmarks, other graphics, etc. Take that from
Donna
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this author but didn’t care for this story. It reminds me of Hunger Games, which I didn’t like. I wish the author concentrated more on the relationship of Macrath and Ceana instead of the Games. I liked both characters, but felt Ceana personality wasn’t strong enough to succeeded. She didn’t seem like a good match for Macrath. I will continue to read this author, but not this series.
Ada Geringer
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Highland Hunger

I love her stories, and the love she puts in them, they are very good. I have a lot of her books and am in to the next one. Ada G.
Amy Alvis
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is book one in the Highland Wars series.

Ceana's brother, the chief of her clan has just been murdered and she must step up and take his place as laird. To save her clan, she must join in the war games. She must make it to the end and be named princess in order to have the money and the power to save her people.

Macrath, the bastard son of an earl, has been sent to the games at the whim of his step-mother who has been trying to get rid of him since he was born. Knowing the he must win to thwa
Denise
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, signed
First of all, I have to state, that I don't normally read books in this genre. In fact, this is the first one. I won this copy in an author giveaway. Well, readers hold onto your seats! This book is a roller coaster ride of non-stop action interspersed with sexy love scenes.
When her brother is murdered during a hunt, Ceana becomes the new laird.In order to help her starving clan, she decides to join the deadly games, which are held every five years.The survivng male and female warriors receive h
Petula
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ceana MacRae brother has been murdered. That leaves her as Laird. The Clan is starving, after years of attacks. There is only one way to help her Clan, that is to enter the games for the title and lands that go with Sitheil. These lands go to the last man and woman standing at the end of the games.
Macgrath Mor is a bastard son , and has been sent to the games by his father's wife. She and her son are hoping that he will be killed in the games.
The games our heroes are involved in are brutal in th
Diana
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hfvbt
Copy received from Historical Fiction Virtual Book Tours for an honest review.
Eliza Knight is such a FUN author! This is the second book I read by her and I hear one audio book as well. She does not disappoint. Her hero and heroine are always fun and entertaining. Highlander Hunger is no exception. It was blood thirty, thrilling and entertaining. Kind of like The Hunger Games meets Braveheart. Ceana was a FAN-tastic heroine. She was so butt-kicking I loved it! Not to be outdone, Macrath was equa
Tina
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed this book!! Parts of it were demented, but that made it better!
Ceana and Macrath come from different worlds, practically, but something draws them together. They are both fighters, strong in their beliefs and extremely loyal. I loved to see their relationship develop as well as them grow as individuals. I highly recommend it to fans of Scottish stories with a unique tale and love conquering all!
Sandy
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, medieval Hunger Games, except way more believable! I can see this actually occurring in that savage and bloody time period. I loved the characters. Bloodthirsty, brutal, and amazing, with just enough sweet romance between Ceana and her warrior. I would love to see this as a TV series! Bravo Eliza! I'll definitely be following this series!

I read and would recommend the Kindle eBook version that contained all five games.
Irene
Jun 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Well, this was a blend of Hunger Games and Scotish Romance. It was nice but at the same time brutal. No details but all the inferences of deviant behaviour of some characters are there - several almost descriptions of almost rape, lots of deaths. So this book is not for faint hearted.
Marie Staton
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonder, and different!

This is a dark book. Lots of death as the games proceed. But yet two people find each other and love against the odds. Very well written. Eliza brings out a different side to her writing.
Cindy Coker
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
LOVED IT!!

Loved it! Eliza Knight has me hooked! Can't wait to continue the series and more! Fell in love with the main characters immediately!
Paula Easton
Aug 26, 2014
Laura Creel
May 06, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Bitten by Cupid (Includes: Argeneau #12.5; Offspring #2.5; Feral Warriors #3.5)
  • Unfuck Your Brain: Using Science to Get Over Anxiety, Depression, Anger, Freak-Outs, and Triggers
  • Hungry for You (Argeneau #14)
  • The Reluctant Vampire (Argeneau, #15)
  • Under a Vampire Moon (Argeneau #16)
  • The Lady is a Vamp (Argeneau, #17)
  • Immortal Ever After (Argeneau, #18)
  • One Lucky Vampire (Argeneau, #19)
  • Vampire Most Wanted (Argeneau, #20)
  • The Strange Visitation at Wolffe Hall (Grayson Sherbrooke's Otherworldly Adventures, #1, Bride, #11.5)
  • The Resident Evil at Blackthorn Manor (Grayson Sherbrooke's Otherworldly Adventures Book 2)
  • The Ancient Spirits of Sedgwick House (Grayson Sherbrooke's Otherworldly Adventures #3)
  • The Virgin Bride of Northcliffe Hall (Grayson Sherbrooke's Otherworldly Adventures #4)
  • The Immortal Who Loved Me (Argeneau #21)
  • The Alpha's Concubine
  • About a Vampire (Argeneau, #22)
  • Runaway Vampire (Argeneau, #23)
  • Immortal Nights (Argeneau, #24)
Eliza Knight is a USA Today bestselling and award-winning author of sizzling historical romance and erotic romance. Writing as E. Knight, she pens riveting tales of Tudor fiction. Eliza grew up playing in castle ruins and traipsing the halls of Versailles when visiting her grandparents during the summer, which instilled a love of history at an early age. While not reading, writing or researching f ...more

Highland Wars (3 books)
  • Highland Sacrifice (Highland Wars, #2)
  • Highland Victory (Highland Wars, # 3)

News & Interviews