Start by marking “A Husband for Danna” as Want to Read:
A Husband for Danna

A Husband for Danna

Off and running! In her frenzied quest to escape from a groom her father has chosen for her, Danna Rashba ‘borrows’ a limousine parked on Main Street. The last thing on her mind is finding a groom from another wedding in the backseat. What are the chances that the bride and groom from two different weddings running from the altar on the same day? The last thing Danna wants ...more
Published August 17th 2014 by Astraea Press

To ask other readers questions about A Husband for Danna, please sign up.
Christina HI Dixie-Lee! This story was inspired one afternoon as I passed a church in my town and spotted a bride and her father arguing. The bride looked ready…moreHI Dixie-Lee! This story was inspired one afternoon as I passed a church in my town and spotted a bride and her father arguing. The bride looked ready to run! It was a lot of fun to write! If you check with your library, you may be able to have them order it so you can download and read it. If you do, I'd love for you to review it here on Goodreads. Hope you enjoy it and thank you so much for taking time to chat with me here! (less)

Start your review of A Husband for Danna
Sandra Lopez
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
It all starts with the wild-eyed panic and heart-racing desire to escape—escape from a life of domesticity, monotony, imprisonment, A.K.A. “marriage.” All Danna wanted to do was RUN. I tell ya, if I ever make plans to walk that plank, you can bet I’ll be wearing my running shoes (just in case.)

“Marriage was not a romance novel” (49) Of course not! It’s stressful, complicated, and a lot of work. Still, is it any wonder why Danna ran out on her wedding?

“[Aunt] Sudie'ʹs biggest triumph had been s
Trang Tran (Bookidote)
I love how this story started, a runaway bride who encounters another run away groom! Hahah who would've thought of that? It's funny, smart, very entertaining. They will have to learn to see past their first impressions and eventually.. they have to face the spiking attraction . Maybe it's because I've read a lot of romance lately so in the middle of the novel, I was kind of bored because it was predictable and cliché. I was also maybe too realist, all along I was thinking how two complete stran ...more
Colleen B
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really fun story. It was just a perfect romantic comedy. Light and sweet… right down to the strawberry festival. I can completely imagine Danna running from her wedding and accidentally taking off in a limo with Eric sitting in the back. So ridiculously unbelievable that you just can’t help but laugh. The back and forth bantering between Danna and Eric was fun to read. All of their interactions with the small town residents made me miss my years in NC.

I loved learning about Danna and Eric. They
Gina
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As sweet as summer strawberries and just as enjoyable, this quick little romance begins with a runaway bride and a runaway groom winding up together as they both escape their planned fates. When a series of minor disasters strand them in the small town of Harmony in time for the annual Strawberry Festival, the two are forced to pretend to be a newlywed couple madly in love. But is it pretend? Best line that sums up the book? "Magic can't create love but love can create magic." A lovely way to sp ...more
Maria Michaels
Sep 10, 2014 rated it liked it
I was immediately intrigued by the premise of this book - obviously, the runaway bride is a common plot device, but personally I'd never heard of a runaway groom before. And to have them both meet on the same day they're running away from their prospective spouses - gazinga!

They each have different but compelling reasons for having left their partners at the altar. After they spend the weekend together, love blooms. If you like Debbie Macomber, you'll enjoy this new author.
InD'tale Magazine
Written in the third person, this short novel is a feel-good read.

Read full review in the 2015 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Dena
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Runaway bride kidnaps runaway groom ... what could be more interesting than that?

I was immediately intrigued with the runaway bride meets runaway groom storyline, as it puts a new spin on an old theme. A Husband for Danna did not disappoint. With well developed characters and a knack for writing descriptions that allow you to visually picture each scene as it unfolds, Christina Lorenzen, makes a splash into romance as an author to read.

It's a perfectly paced, beautiful, modest love story that
N. Kuhn
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book free in exchange for an honest review*
This was a fantastic sweet clean romance! Danna runs away from her wedding, stealing a limo, with someone else's groom in it! From there, a series of mishaps and fun coincidences makes for a light fun read! This book is a prime example of not needing sex to make a good romance! I loved both characters. They were real, fully developed, and relatable. This is a great little read! You need to pick this up, you can't help but smile to yours
Gail
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a fun loving read. A runaway bride Danna takes off in a limo that a runaway groom from another wedding is hiding out in. Nothing but trouble comes their way and everyone thinks they are newlyweds. They end up stranded in a small town and let the fun begin as the sparks begin to fly between them. I loved every minute of this book. A very hard book to put down because you have to see what will happen next.
Gela
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very cute.
Alexis
May 03, 2020 rated it liked it
I thought that this story was sweet. It truly was a lovely romance.

But the plot needed more work and the story could have used a stronger content edit.

The characters were likable but the pace of the plot and the romance between the hero and heroine moved too quickly even for a shorter story. I would have liked to see this story made into a full-length novel with better character development, a stronger storyline, and better pacing for the plot. I truly think that with a more effective content ed
Kathy
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. There was something so romantic and dreamy about this book. I loved the start about two runaway people - one bride and one groom. It was a unique premise and the story had a unique setting and plot. I loved the secondary characters in this story and the goodness of the people they met in their adventure. Feel-good is the right word to describe the book. They didn't seem like a likely couple at all until you get to know them. The hero, Eric, is just my kind of guy - romantic and chival ...more
Tina
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
A Husband for Dana**** by Christina Lorenzen

This is a fun, humorous story of run away brides and a hesitant groom from a different wedding. Dana Rashba and Eric Harmon find themselves together for the weekend after Dana dashes out off from her wedding and Eric is hiding out in the limousine she drives away in. They end up in the middle of the Strawberry Festival where they are mistaken for newlyweds. A cute, sweet and fun story.

~I won an e-book copy of this book from the Holidays Reads Party and
T.
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story was funny and sweet. Danna and Eric are two people that fate brought together and the road taken to them finally falling in love is hilarious. You can feel the connection between these two from the very beginning. Christina brings us to Harmony, you feel as though you live there and you really begin to care about the characters like they are your own neighbors and friends. Great job! Loved it.
Joyful
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This novella is a sweet fun read with a runaway bride and a runaway groom. Why is Danna running from her fiancé? Why is Eric running from his wedding? How do two people running from two different weddings get together? I was given a copy for an honest review. I loved characters and the plot.
Mary
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a great story! Danna and Eric! <3 ...more
Jenna
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love cozy type romances, and this one fit the bill. Liked the H/h right off and enjoyed small-town-feel setting. Run, Danna, run!
Jenna Victoria
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved Danna and Eric's escapades and their flight from two separate altars so to speak, to their stubborn refusal to like then love one another. Sweet story. I look forward to more from this author.
Christina
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Maria
Shea Ford
Tanya
Krysten Hager
Apr 21, 2016
I can’t remember a time when I didn’t love books. Though I can’t remember signing the back of my first library card, I do remember having a card at a very young age. Growing up in Queens,New York, I remember being in awe of the stacks at the Queens branch of the New York Public Library. What better place for a budding writer than New York City? I remember coming home with more books than my little ...more

News & Interviews