Start by marking “Her Vampire's Promise (Romance in Central City #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Vampire's Promise  (Romance in Central City #1)

Her Vampire's Promise (Romance in Central City #1)

Raging Fire Kills Co-Founder, Daughter.
Panthera Laboratories in Ruin.
~ Central City Gazette, 1994

Reade Hayes knows better than any vampire that nothing good ever comes out of Central City. So he isn’t surprised the beautiful blonde he meets in a dive bar is crazy. What does surprise him is how fast she moves, how hard she hits, and the fact she’s wearing a ring he last sa
Published August 28th 2015 by Jordan K Rose (first published August 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Her Vampire's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Vampire's Promise

The Genre Minx Book Reviews
This story starts off with plenty of action. It was nice to have a complete backstory to build the story on. I absolutely love how the main character Lawrie is introduced, lol, she was totally weird and creepy but it was appropriate because she had been conducting experiments on herself. Sorry but the way she did the experiments induced my gag factor.

Reade as a character is funny and considerate. I also enjoy his quarrel with Lawrie as he got his arse handed to him, take that Vampire! I like th
Amber
Jul 07, 2015 Amber rated it liked it
This had me hooked from the beginning. It's sad that he thought she died in the fire and that everyone kept telling him that she was dead. But I loved it when he found out she wasn't and they ended up together. I loved the book but would have loved the big escape scene have more action to it. Over all, I really enjoyed this book.
Deborah
May 21, 2016 Deborah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She Experimented On Herself

She's figured out how to get out of her prison. She is in a place where her uncle can't find her, she hopes. He's back in town to do a favor for Garrison and he runs into someone he's been looking for for twenty years. Now he can fulfil a promise made to her father. This is a interesting and entertaining read. Enjoy I did.
A.M.
Reade and Lawrie? Man, I must be getting old if weird spellings are annoying me.
Experimenting on herself?
Garrison was mocking her. The first guy had mocked and now this guy. Where were they from, the land of mockery? (Kindle Locations 344-345).

What? [this happens a lot; the same word repeated three or four times in consecutive sentences.]
Reade once again ran his fingers through her hair making her scalp tingle. His hands smoothed over her neck, down her back to her hips. Simultaneously they rub
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Jan 07, 2017 Fee (Ebook Addicts) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
This was a good read though there are certainly a lots of unanswered questions that I hope is addressed in the next book. Her Vampire's Promise is short novella that certainly packs lots into it for all it was only about 100 pages long, but like I say there were certain things that were unanswered that I dunno maybe could have been covered in this book, though I can see why it is done this way - obviously to get to read the next one!

Reade is a vampire, who in believing that a child died twenty o
Lenna  Wright-Berry
It was a good story but it went by way to fast, and I felt like I missed a whole lot. Its G-rated, no nothing but a wild kiss at the end.
Lorna
May 17, 2015 Lorna rated it really liked it
3.5/5 I have been seeing this author’s books around for awhile but had never tried one until now. I know this novella is the first in a series, but I am not exactly sure if they are all novellas or not. I do know that after reading this one, that I would like to read the next one in the series someday.

Reade is a vampire that is part of a group referred to as The Guard. I am still a bit hazy on what The Guard actually does. However, twenty years previously they were stationed? at a laboratory com
TheVampireBookworm
I don't know. I just don't know. Yeah, we are still with my free e-book reads here and I'm lost for words again. One day I'm going to quit this nonsense and go back to my cosy library with its volumes of dead trees and review those.
But that day is not today since I dived into this novella. It was short, that's that. You know I don't like these short things because the events in them happen too fast and there is not enough foundation on which I (the reader) could build any opinion. These things j
Karen Voitik
Sep 05, 2014 Karen Voitik rated it really liked it

>Subject - book review - Her Vampire's Promise

> Review

>I received this book from the author and from Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock. This novella is the first in the Romance in Central City series.

>We meet 2 strangers in a bar, Lawrie and Reade. Lawrie is a human who has lived secluded in a private compound her whole life. She has never been treated with love or respect, since her father died when she was 3. Reade is a vampire, listening to this female next to him complain
Debra Johnson
Sep 23, 2016 Debra Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-explore-more
Her Vampire's Promise (Central City Romance #1) by Jordan K. Rose is a Paranormal Romance Suspense.
It is a short read of about 100 or so pages. From what I can tell it is the first of 6 novella's. This one and #6 is the longest. If the rest are like this one, then anybody of any age (I suggest 14 and up) can read them. There are no adult or erotic scenes, nor undue violence, etc.
That doesn't mean there isn't romance. There is. There is also some great moments throughout this story. Lets just s
Rene' Hurt
Sep 14, 2016 Rene' Hurt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoying

This book was a good read. It flowed easily and I will definitely read others in this series and more of this author.
Llaph | No Frill | No Shill
This was an okay story. I didn't bother to check the page length ... until I got to the end of the story and it turned out to be one of those serial/episode sorts of books. I tend to stay away from those sorts of books because I prefer to have my story mostly finished, sequels don't count. There wasn't a lot to the story; I mean I got the gist of it from the blurb. The story had started to get interesting and then it was over…
**I listened to the title again and it says that it is a novella. Even
Lourin
May 02, 2015 Lourin rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, vampire
Great start to an awesome series

When I first starting reading this I was a bit confused. The story jumps right in with an angry/crazy woman and a vampire on a mission.

Lawrie was orphaned as a toddler and raised by a cruel uncle who has locked her away at his "base". So when Lawrie gets the opportunity to sneak off base to observe outside life, she chances her uncles wrath.

Reade is in a bar in a city he doesn't want to be in and wouldn't you know it he's offended the angry/crazy woman. She move
Mar 02, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I was a bit confused when I first began the book, as it jumps right into the action with a vampire (Reade) and a seemingly unstable but exceptionally strong and fast human female (Lawrie) have an altercation in a seedy bar. As I read on, however, I quickly began to be invested in the characters and wanted to learn more about Lawrie's life. The story is told in such a way that the characters feel real (and you envision yourself among them) in less than 40 pages. The interactions between the vampi ...more
Tina
Aug 03, 2015 Tina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Free download. This was a quick read, which got right to it. Reade walks into a dive bar trying to gain information, what he finds is an empty bar apart from a blond woman who is ranting to herself. Unknown to him Lawrie has come face to face with the one vampire who made a promise 20 years before to always look after her. Reade never gave up looking for her and can't believe he's finally found her but what will happen next.
This was a very interesting and action packed story right from the star
Paula Harp
Aug 31, 2014 Paula Harp rated it it was amazing
First I received this book as an arc for a honest review. Jordan K Rose has outdone herself with her new vampire series. I didn't think she could top Eva Prim but she has. Lawrie is a little firecracker and she can whip vampire butt! I love a strong heroine as well as an Alpha male which Reade is. He is determined to protect Lawrie now that he has found her. They have a blood bond (pact) from when she was a toddler and got into her father's blood supply (He was studying vampires before he was mu ...more
Patricia Lynne
May 17, 2015 Patricia Lynne rated it liked it
This was a quick read. I finished it in about 2-3 hours. The pace was good and characters interesting. The setting was small with only two locations. I would have liked a little more background on the place Lawrie grew up in and her uncle. You get a little, but I think more would have painted the picture better and flesh things out more. The ending did have my on the edge of my seat. I kept waiting for things to take a turn for the worse. I won't say if it did or not, but there was high tension. ...more
Natalie Johnston
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was a very short but delightful book and the first I have read by Jordan K. Rose. The characters were interesting and so was the back story of Reade and Lawrie.

The only downside was the length, I felt like I was just really getting into the rhythm of the story and it was over. Hopefully there will be more of Reade & Lawrie in the rest of the series.

I will definitely be reading the next book, because what I felt was missing in this
Julie
Apr 22, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jordan's characters always have some quirk. This time its a brilliant, orphan scientist, and a vampire who was basically her "Godfather". She did as toddlers do and got into things she shouldn't, which bonded her to this guy. Then when her father was murdered, she grew up and still got into things she shouldn't.
This world is amazingly different than Eva Prim's. I love them both, these novellas are short, sweet, and just enough, just like chocolate.
Felecia Kelly
Who are these vampires?

Unbelievable romance, no depth and extremely loose ends. Who is Lawrie? Who is Reade? Who was Lawrie's father? Who is Lawrie's uncle? What's his big secret, other than mistreating Lawrie and wanting to kill vampires? Why is Panthera heavily guarded? Why doesn't Lawrie know how wealthy she is? Who's Serge and what's his role in The Guard? Heck, what's The Guard? Too many unanswered questions for me.
Tanya
Mar 04, 2016 Tanya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The stories timeline is less than a day

This story takes place over a matter of hours, not really any time to put substance into the plot, which is totally predictable. The story just had enough time to establish a slightly non-descriptive relationship between two main characters. It felt a bit rushed and bland. Sorry but I'm an avid reader. I read 4-5 books a week and this I is a less memorable one.
Tiffany
Aug 31, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was amazing

This new series has started out with a bang! Reade and Lawrie are exceptional lead characters. Lawrie was orphaned when she was a young child. She was raised by her uncle, who treated her horribly, at a research compound. She didn't know that all along she had a vampirelolking for her, wanting to protect her...until they meet one fateful night in Central City.
I can't wait for more from this series!
Amie
Jul 27, 2015 Amie rated it liked it
This was a good book. Sadly it enef way too soon. Just when things were getting good it ended. My only other issue was the author built up the bad guys and it felt like we were going to encounter an action packed secen. Instead there was a very small chase scene and one of the vampires got grazed in the arm by a sliver bullet. It was a nice read even if the author cut off the action scene and then ended the story right when the sex started.
Lyns
I would have preferred reading a full version of this story, rather than just the novella (her vampire protector) in Under the Kissing Bough. It has an interesting premise and the main character being a human accountant knowingly working with vampires is interesting. For similar suspense with mad scientists try Patricia Rice's Risk of Love and Magic (California Malcolms #3) or Autumn's Blood (Spirit Shifters #1)
by Marissa Farrar.
Paula Genereau
May 25, 2015 Paula Genereau rated it it was amazing
Reade knows nothing good comes from a place called Crystal City. So when he meets a blonde there he's not surprised by how fast & hard she can hit. The only thing that shocks him is that she's wearing a ring that was last seen on his dead friend. Is it possible that the girl he swore to protect is still alive? If so where has she been the past 20 years?
Tiana Starks
Sep 03, 2015 Tiana Starks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The love story of vampire Reade Hayes and Lawrie Tyrone is nowhere near typical. How can it be when it starts with a broken nose, broken jaw and broken hand? His nose and jaw…her hand. Jordan K. Rose does a great job of mixing romance, suspense and humor that keeps you engrossed and entertained throughout and definitely wishing for more.
Natasna
This was a cliffhanger..and sometimes I like one and sometimes I don't. With this one I wanted to know more about the lab that Lawerence had and what was their purpose. How did he meet Reade and when did this all start. Of course there was a bond between Laurie and Reade but where did it go? What is the story behind The Guard? There are so many unanswered questions.
Andrea Smith
Oct 21, 2014 Andrea Smith rated it it was amazing
This is a fun read. It is about a love that was made from a blood pact between a vampire and the daughter of a scientist who was at the time a baby. Years later, after thinking the baby dead, they find each other and reunite. He has to try to save her from her uncle and the experiments he would do on her if he found out their connection. Thanks Jordan. Looking forward to more.
Laura Duval
Jun 16, 2015 Laura Duval rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shirt but compelling novella

The novella was of course short but the characters and storyline was very compelling. There wasn't much action or adventure. This particular novella was more of an I'm opening to the installments. It gave the reader an inside look to the main characters. A great build up to the novellas.
Jessica
Oct 19, 2016 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been looking for a decent vampire story & have finally found one. Even though this is a short novella the story hooked me from the very beginning. It's well written & edited & the characters are full of life. Not your typical romance, more mystery than romance but I am hooked & need to keep reading to find out what happens. So far a great series that will keep you asking for more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Collected (Coveted, #0.5)
  • The Middle Aisle (Lancaster House)
  • Guardian of Fate (Fate, #1)
  • Six Times a Charm
  • The Last Stratiote
  • Daysider (Nightsiders #1)
  • Sky Pirates (The Chronicles of Light and Shadow, #3)
  • Seized (The Pipe Woman Chronicles #1)
  • The Vampire's Kiss (Other World Series Book 1)
  • Keeper of the Shadows (The Keepers: L.A. #3)
  • The Wicked (Something Red, #2)
  • Pack of Strays (Fangborn, #2)
  • Dead Man's Deal (The Asylum Tales, #2)
  • Pros and Cons (Nikki Glass, #2.5)
  • Straight to Hell (Lilith Straight, #1)
  • Magic after Dark
  • The Twilight Kingdom (Feyland, #3)
  • Tantra (The Anu Files, #1)
Jordan loves vampires. But if you know anything about Jordan, you already knew that detail. What you didn’t know was it wasn’t long ago that she began writing about them.

A few years back Jordan received a copy of Twilight from her husband as part of her anniversary gift. By the end of that week she’d read the entire series and moved onto Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles. Eight weeks and eighteen va
More about Jordan K. Rose...

Romance in Central City (6 books)
  • The Vampire's Partner (Romance In Central City #2)
  • A Vampire's Passion (Romance In Central City #3)
  • His Vampire Past (Romance In Central City, #4)
  • The Vampire's Penance (Romance in Central City #5)
  • The Vampire's Prophecy (Romance in Central City #6)