Start by marking “Suddenly One Summer (FBI/US Attorney, #6)” as Want to Read:
Suddenly One Summer (FBI/US Attorney, #6)

Suddenly One Summer

(FBI/US Attorney #6)

From the New York Times bestselling author of It Happened One Wedding comes a novel about a man and a woman whose summer is about to get very, very steamy…

Divorce lawyer Victoria Slade has seen enough unhappy endings to swear off marriage forever. That doesn't mean she's opposed to casual dating—just not with her cocky new neighbor, who is as gorgeous and tempting as he is
Mass Market Paperback, 291 pages
Published June 2nd 2015 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Suddenly One Summer, please sign up.
Julie Ford is Brooke Parker's ("Love Irresistibly") best friend. Ford and Brooke have know each other since 4th grade. Ford stayed with her family sometimes…moreFord is Brooke Parker's ("Love Irresistibly") best friend. Ford and Brooke have know each other since 4th grade. Ford stayed with her family sometimes when they were kids. His parent's household was difficult in which to live. Side note: Love Irresistibly is my favorite romance book/story. Good writing.(less)
Kathleen You can read it as a standalone. I've only read a few books in the series, and I've read them completely out of order. There of course will be slight…moreYou can read it as a standalone. I've only read a few books in the series, and I've read them completely out of order. There of course will be slight spoilers about which couples get together in other books in the series, but there aren't any cliffhangers from book to book. (less)

Catarina
4,5 Sudden Stars.

description

In this “neighbors-to-lovers”, Julie James bring us a divorce lawyer who doesn’t believe in love, and a guy who has no intention of commitment. And when they start to get closer and having a “just sex” relationship, their views will quickly change.
I love Julie James books. Not overly steamy and sometimes overly romantic, but ALWAYS amazingly written and both a great background story I always know what I can count with when I read this author.
So when a need a low-drama book,
Mo
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this one. In fact, I have enjoyed all the Julie James books that I have read. A strong, independent heroine. A sexy, hero. There is never too much drama in her books.

FORD

VICTORIA

I know I usually can go on and on in some of my reviews but there is something about these books that I sort of put the bare minimum as I kind of expect that everyone will know that they are good books. Does that even make sense? Anyway, a bit pressed for time today.

He is a reporter. She is a lawyer. Attracti
Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Suddenly One Summer: A sublime 5 star read that further cements Julie James prowess as an author and and a literary inspiration for a lot of women

I'm struggling with formulating a review for this book due to my attachment and having subsequently just finished it. Obviously, you readers understand the emotional flood that can happen post a perfect book. Either way, I'll try to muddle through this review. I haven't done a serious review in eons, but this book was worth breaking my hiatus.

One reas
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
4 stars

Really enjoyed this one. It may not be my favourite JJ book, but the humour and banter she brings into her stories are always fun to read.

The only reason why I haven't rated 5 star is because it didn't have the wow-unforgettable factor. This is definitely one of my favourite series and I'll recommend it if you are looking for a fun read with a bit of suspense.
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Julie James fans, Legal, romance
Limited Time Only-Special Sale Price-$1.99
4 Oil and Water Mixing Just So Stars * * * *
This recent book by Julie James made me think of homemade salad dressing. It is not always the easiest to make; where everything blends together just so... allowing all the flavors to marry and the results to be sublime.

These characters were like that... sometimes they were hit or miss... almost just right... other times they had all of the mixture of sass, wit, warmth and caring just right.

Julie James writ
♥Rachel♥
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Suddenly One Summer was a one of my favorite types of romances: hate that turns into begrudging like and admiration, eventually turning into unexpected love. With a lot of snarky, clever banter in between, of course!

The moment Ford and Victoria lock eyes from afar, it’s lust at first sight. Unfortunately, their encounter is interrupted and the two go their separate ways, or so they think. Unknown to either, Victoria is the new next-door neighbor to Ford, and the antics broadcast through thin wal
Jeanne
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: br
Julie James never disappoints! I love her sense of humor and her strong heroines. This is a great series for anyone looking for grown-up romance. I love a good college N/A, but I've had more than my fill of them lately, so this was just what I was in the mood for. Thanks for the br Fran and Ami!
Jacqueline's Reads
Apr 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Ford – He-Can-Find-Me-Any-Time Stars

Suddenly One Summer is a standalone novel and isn’t part of any series. However, Ford is Brook’s best friend in Love Irresistibly, which is part of the FBI/ US Attorney series. I would label Suddenly One Summer a spin-off book.

Suddenly One Summer starts out with a bam and I got really into it. Victoria is a successful divorce lawyer and she gets robbed. This freaks her out so much that she moves, but her condo won’t be ready until the end of the summer. So
Nadia
What the hell happened?!
I had high, high expectations for this book, but that's nothing new really. In every other novel by Julie James, I was all giggly and swoony and I would read the book in a heartbeat.
List of priorities in my life goes:
1) a book by Julie James,
2) chocolate,
3) shoes.

So yeah, I had high expectations with a reason. I remember last year, I was hungover on It Happened One Wedding for days after. I've read Something About You and A Lot Like Love maybe five or six times. I love
Christina ~ Brunette Reader

No rating, DNFed at 35%

I yield, the book wins. After picking it up and putting it down for more than three weeks, it's time to admit defeat and move on.

Well eleven chapters in and I have the impression nothing meaningful has happened save for the heroine, Victoria Slade the divorce lawyer, moving next door to the hero, Ford Dixon the investigative reporter, and bringing her self-centred persona in the same condo.
The dialogues felt forced and stilted, just like the narrative style and the chara
Sheryl C. Nash
*4.5 stars*

Different to what I had expected... Not sure how I feel about it, considering the author DID say it wasn't like her other books... Review to follow...

*ARC courtesy of Netgalley and Berkley*
♥Sharon♥
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
❤ Julie James has yet to disappointment me and is definitely one of my go to authors!

❤ I really enjoyed this one!!

❤ Full review to come!!
Duchess Nicole
Julie James is always a guaranteed good read for me. Nothing about this particular book stands out as being particularly amazing, but it's just solid. James is a good writer. She always makes me like both of her protagonists, and I root for them and their friends throughout the story. The neighbor aspect for these two added a nice twist to the sexual tension. Constant proximity didn't get old either. Sexy, cute, with a dash of meaningful, thoughtful content.
-ya
May 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a cute story, but the plot and the characters seem to lack magic. Ford is a nice guy and Victoria is a very successful lawyer. Both have problem ditching commitment issues. Overall, nothing really stand out in this book.
Eastofoz
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
Boring. Limited character development. Touted as a beach read but apart from saying it takes place over the summer that's about it. Misleading cover --there's no beach or walk by the water. The story is dull and the romance is superficial. There are some funny snarky lines but few and far between. The ending is so rushed you have a what the ?? moment. A bit of a dud this one.
Danielle (Love at First Page)
I’ve been waiting and waiting for Ford’s book, and now that I’ve devoured Suddenly One Summer in one sitting, I can officially say: he’s my favorite Julie James hero. And she writes some damn fine heroes, so I don’t say this lightly. The book itself ranks up with my favorites, too (along with Something About You, A Lot Like Love, and Love Irresistibly). As you can expect with a Julie James book, there’s a smart, sexy romance, intelligent and likeable characters, and of course some sass thrown in ...more
Jonetta

About the series
While the author doesn't include this book in the FBI/US Attorney series (neither of the main characters is an FBI agent or a US attorney), it is connected through several of the characters. Ford Dixon and his best friend, Brooke Parker, were featured in Love, Irresistibly. The story stands alone very well. However, if you're as manic as I am about character continuity, consider this as #6 in the series sequence.

Quick summary
Ford Dixon is an investigative journalist who's out wi
Sharon
My feelings for this book have been going up and down throughout the book. In general, I don’t think it’s as fun or as good as the other books in the series.

However, I do recognize the characters in this book are perhaps better developed. I like that we get to dive into trust issues and the psychological reason why the characters are the way they are. Both Victoria and Ford have their own issues and the feelings feel authentic. My heart hurts for Victoria knowing her childhood. Ford’s past is n
Fran
Re-read on October 30, 2018: 4 Stars

-----
Not my favorite but this has been, by far, the best book I've read lately. I think that's a pretty good enough reason to give a 5-star rating, yes? ;)

If you're looking for a light and funny read, this one's for you.
Anuradha
Basically, I had a horrible day and needed a pick-me-up. As usual, James wows with her amazing characterisation and sexy banter. She's the only romance author I've favourited, and she totally deserves it.
Jacob Proffitt
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
Another fine hit and my favorite by James so far—though I've only read two others, really. Still, that's three four-star reads and that's no small thing.

This story was more believable than the others and it flowed a bit better too. Plus, it had no drawbacks or quirks I had to get past to enjoy the story.

That said, I had a bit of a hard time with the protagonists. I'm not a huge fan of the commitment-phobe and having both so severely commitment impaired made it even less enjoyable. Still, commitm
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Victoria Slade is pretty cynical about romance. Not only does she see the pitfalls as a divorce lawyer, she also has personal experience of how bad marriages can end with her own parents. When she temporarily moves into a condo next to Investigative journalist Ford Dixon, they get off on the wrong foot when Victoria gets the wrong impression with the multitude of women she sees him with.

Ford really doesn't have a harem like Victoria thinks and he's pretty put off by her assumptions. When his sis
Jess
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B

Victoria Slade hasn’t had a great experience in her new home. After her home is broken into with Victoria there and hiding in the closet, she doesn’t feel safe and buys a home at another location that won’t be ready for a few months. In the meantime, she moves into a condo temporarily and right next door to reporter Ford Dixon, a man who unknowingly makes a really bad first impression. Victoria doesn’t want anything to do with Ford, but that
Mandi Schreiner
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
It’s spring which means it’s time for a new Julie James book. She only puts out one book a year, but she make the waiting worth it. Ford and Victoria are a lovely romance couple. Ford is an investigative journalist with the Chicago Tribune. Victoria is a divorce lawyer who owns her own very successful firm. Her townhouse was recently broke into, and while she hid in the closet and ended up being safe, she soon realized her fear of living alone was too great. She sells her townhouse and rents a l ...more
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
I'm upset.

Julie James is THE AUTHOR who got me hooked on romance novels. So to say that I was excited about reading this book, is probably the understatement of the year.

So imagine my surprise when I didn't actually enjoy this book.

The story in this seemed to take AGES to warm up. Perhaps this is because I didn't refresh myself on the FBI/US Attorney series prior to reading this? Whatever the case may be, it was very slow to begin with and even though it did gain a little steam as the story went
Anne OK
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
Readers were forewarned that this one would be a bit different from the popular FBI related series. I figure sometimes different is a good thing. The same old/same old sometimes just gets plain old and boring. Well, maybe not in the case of James's books -- because I've never grown tired or stopped loving each and every one of those. But I'm not opposed to trying something new and refreshing, especially from an auto-buy and favorite author. So bring it on Julie James - bring it on!

And she did --
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

I’m always excited when a new Julie James book rolls around because it means I’ll be reading about a smart heroine, some witty banter and a delicious hero. SUDDENLY ONE SUMMER has all of this all this there is something that feels a little different about this book as well.

Victoria Slade is a divorce lawyer and a damn successful one at that. As she tries to maintain this impeccable image of herself, she gives herself a really hard time when her house is broken into and she experiences a panic
Julie
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it

Suddenly One Summer by Julie James is a 2015 Jove publication.

This is an enjoyable contemporary romance, which centers around high powered divorce attorney, Victoria Slade and her sexy, but irritating neighbor, Ford Dixon.

Victoria survives a home invasion robbery, but is now dealing with a panic disorder as a result. Feeling uncomfortable in her townhouse after the break-in, she moves into a loft only to discover her new neighbor has a 'cavalcade' of women coming in and out of his apartment an
Michelle
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

Oooh..Suddenly One Summer by Julie James was my first read from this author and I have to say that I quite enjoyed this sexy, fun, and sweet romance!! Ms. James has created and weaved an engaging romance book that will instantly hook readers right off the opening pages. This book was well written that highlights a divorce lawyer and an investigator reporter, who suddenly find themselves in a summer love affair. I really enjoyed
Deea (Andreea)

Maybe not as badass or exciting as some of the books in the FBI/US Attorney series, but I still really loved it! ❤

Julie James never disappoints me. Her books are my guilty pleasure, my get out of a shitty mood books, my simply relax, sit back and feel good books, my safe haven, my auto-buy books, my break from any other heavy books or from reality, you name it. People buy ice cream or shoes, I do that AND listen to Julie James' books.

And I feel like her writing needs no explanation or
AfterTV: June 2015 - Suddenly One Summer 6 14 Jun 30, 2015 08:01AM
♥ BR ♥: A new Julie James! :) 62 33 Jun 03, 2015 04:34PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 8 May 14, 2015 10:55AM

• The Trouble with Love  (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #4)
  • Seduction Game (I-Team, #7)
  • Then Came You (Animal Magnetism, #5)
  • Taking the Heat (Jackson: Girls' Night Out, #3)
  • Season of Second Chances
  • Earth Bound (Fly Me to the Moon, #2)
  • Best of Luck (Chance of a Lifetime, #3)
  • Carolina Man (Dare Island, #3)
  • About Last Night
  • Hot Island Nights (Elizabeth and Violet #1)
  • Pretty Face (London Celebrities, #2)
New York Times bestselling author Julie James practiced law with one of the nation's largest firms for several years until she began writing screenplays. After Hollywood producers optioned two of her scripts, she decided to leave the practice of law to write full-time. Her books have been translated into twenty-two languages and Julie’s ninth novel, THE THING ABOUT LOVE, is now available.

Julie Jam

FBI/US Attorney (7 books)
  • Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1)
  • A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)
  • About That Night (FBI/US Attorney, #3)
  • Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney, #4)
  • It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)
  • The Thing About Love
“Victoria turned and got her first look at the shower-fresh version of Ford Dixon. Gorgeous as ever; six-foot plus inches of incredibly blue eyes; wet, mussed hair; low-slung jeans; and a T-shirt stretched across his broad, solid chest.
And bare feet.
She heard the tiny cry of a hundred unfertilized eggs as one of her ovaries exploded.”
13 likes
“You men can be such boneheads about these things. She doesn't know you the way I do. She's vulnerable right now. Her ex turned out to be an asshole and you come riding in-"
"There was no riding."
"-being the good guy, looking the way you do"-Brooke gestured to him-"wanting to talk and slow things down and be all sensitive with your coffee and your little blanket. What woman could resist that? My God, why didn't you just cuddle a puppy shirtless while you were at it?”
12 likes