Start by marking “Out With A Bang (Long Time Dying, #1)” as Want to Read:
Out With A Bang (Long Time Dying, #1)

Out With A Bang

(Long Time Dying #1)

An action packed romantic thriller starring two hard boiled private eyes from the pen of Solomon Carter.

Eva Roberts and Dan Bradley, troubled lovers, business partners and private detectives are on the hunt for a runaway husband.

But why has he run away? Why are so many people lying?
And is the dangerous game being played by the South London set about something much mor
Published August 13th 2014 by Great Leap

To ask other readers questions about Out With A Bang, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out With A Bang

Mar 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
This was one of the worst books I have ever read. The story line was poorly thought out. The book sounded as though it was written by a kid in high school. I had bought the series together, but after reading the first book I deleted the remaining two. I'm not waiting my time!
Roddy Williams
May 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: private-eye
Valerie Downs
Sep 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Should be three and a half stars.

Make no bones about it, this is a darn good read. And like many Kindle owners I have read a lot of poorly edited books. Normally, it is just an inconvenience and not a real issue. In this book between the poor editing and the differences in how Americans versus how the British speak, it became an even bigger problem. I definitely will read another book by this author, I just really hope he finally has a good editor. It read very much like the editor inserted the
David
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
A good story with a good PI partnership.
Anita Hargreaves
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling

I have read these out of order but still complete satisfying novel. I enjoyed Solomon Carter books and rate him as an author. Sad when I finished.
Denise
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-goal
'Out With A Bang' was a gripping story that pulled me in from the beginning and didn't let go. I loved how the storyline kept unraveling with surprises and suspense. The characters were great. Dan made one hell of a lead. He's definitely a man you don't want to piss off. Eve is the type to ground Dan and together they made quite the team. I look forward to reading more of this series. A great add to your tbr list.
J. Ewbank
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book by Carter was the first of a series which becomes evident when you read it. It is a good mystery, the two main characters are different though they are able to work together to solve the problems. Their differences are almost as interesting as the way they work together as their ability to solve the crime.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the Isms" "Wesley's Wars" "To Whom It May Concern" and "Tell Me About the United Methodist Church"

Mandy
May 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Sue Harris
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this on my Kindle. It is the first in a series involving private detectives, Dan Bradley & Eva Roberts.
The first 3 books in the series are a free download from Amazon.

It begins with a request to find a missing brother... A simple case becomes anything but, when Dan & Eva get involved in a sex and drugs plot.

It is quite a short book, fast paced and I quite enjoyed it. Definitely giving book 2 a go.
Karen
This story was decent, ( not great) mind you, at the beginning; But when you would think it was finally over and would go on and on. So, I finally stopped the action around 3/4 through and moved onto a better read.
Robbie
Feb 15, 2016 rated it liked it
The best part of this book was the fact that there was some heart-pounding action; the rest of the book was just too dark for me. I would rate it higher, but the two protagonists weren't particularly likeable and not terribly smart.
Barbara
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: it-hit-the-wall
A nasty look at both the legal and illegal sex trade. Quite a thriller despite some revolting looks behind the curtain.
David Gilchrist
May 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Really did not enjoy this will not be reading anymore.
Mark Loughe
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: crime fans
Recommended to Mark by: goodrads
A slow start but arealy good read
Tina Smith
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm not much for reviewing books, so I'll just say I enjoyed this.
MARILYN RAYNER
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mesmerizing

Can't wait to read the series.
Thrilling, intriguing, funny and sad too.
I know Eva n Dan will be triumphant.
Linda Look
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Gary Roundree, a local cop, asks Dan Bradley & his private inveigator partner Eva Roberts for help in fining his missing brother. The investigation leads to swingers,bigamists, drugs and blackmail.
Hazel Griffin
very good
patricia j moore
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Loved this book .can't wait to find more from this author. Really connected with the characters in this great story
Robert Lee
norma dryburgh
Jun 12, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Mammoth Book Of Pulp Fiction
  • Jacked Up! (The Leah Ryan Mysteries)
  • Repo Chick Blues (The Leah Ryan Mysteries, #1)
  • The Devil to Pay (Bill Travis Mysteries #4)
  • The Starlight Club
  • Witness Chase
  • His Property - Season One
  • Psychosomatic
  • The Fall of Sky: Part One
  • The Man Who Holds The Whip
  • Cellar Full of Cole (Cole Sage Mystery #2)
  • The Bonus
  • Robbed of Love (Hostage Heart, #1)
  • Unspoken (Unspoken, #1)
  • Taming The Rocker (Bad Boy Rocker Book 1)
  • Bonita (Bennington, #1)
  • Bad Moon On The Rise
  • Buffalo Soldiers (An Upstate New York Mafia Tale #2)
Hello folks,
My name is Solomon Carter, and I am the author of the Roberts and Bradley PI crime thriller series, The Last Line international thriller series, the DI Hogarth Darkest series and more. I write mysteries, crime and thriller novels and more besides.

I was born in Southend, Essex and lived there for most of my life apart from eventful student days in South London. But my life in Southend w

Long Time Dying (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • One Mile Deep (Long Time Dying, #2)
  • Long Time Dying (Long Time Dying, #3)
  • Never Back Down (Long Time Dying, #4)
  • Crossing The Line (Long Time Dying, #5)
  • Divide and Rule (Long Time Dying, #6)
  • Better The Devil (Long Time Dying, #7)
  • On Borrowed Time (Long Time Dying, #8)
  • The Dirty Game (Long Time Dying, #9)
  • Only Live Once  (Long Time Dying, #10)
  • Behind The Mask (Long Time Dying, #11)