Start by marking “A Zombie Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Zombie Christmas

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

A Zombie Christmas

In a Zombie Apocalypse, three men risk life and limb to bring happiness to surviving kids on Christmas morning.
Published December 19th 2010 by Anthony Renfro

To ask other readers questions about A Zombie Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Zombie Christmas

Constantine
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: z2018-12, x-2-star
Rating: 2.0/5.0

This is a short story that combines zombies with Christmas! To me, the idea sounded very cool but honestly, it was a letdown. I know that the book was short for the theme but the main problem with it that I did not feel the Christmas spirit in this story at all.
TL
Dec 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mike Beem lowered his rifle, put his right eye on the scope, and closed his left eye. The zombie he was about to shoot was an ugly sucker. From what Mike could tell, this zombie used to be a man around five foot five or six, maybe seven. Hell, he couldn’t tell the exact height from just a tiny scope. Its suit was disheveled, full of dirt and blood (it looked fresh, a recent feast perhaps), and half of his face was gone.
This zombie was currently investigating Mike’s Santa Claus and reindeer disp
megHan
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zombies + Christmas?!?! How can we go wrong?!?!

Well, if you're looking for a really awesome zombie story with lots of action, blood and guts, eating flesh, etc - you have the wrong short story. Total 1 if we're judging it as a horror (which is one of the genres it follows under, according to Amazon - probably because it mentions zombies and because the main character picks off a few with his gun from around fifty yards away).

If we're looking at it from the Christmas perspective, it is pretty go
Sherry Fundin
The zombie tried to take off with Rudolf and he wasn’t going to allow it. It’s the little things that keep us sane and we all have a point in our lives, where enough is enough. A Zombie Christmas is comical and horrible at the same time. Can you picture zombie carolers singing Silent Night and Frosty? In times of trouble, there are those who stand up and give of themselves, expecting nothing in return. 4 Stars for this short and heartwarming Christmas story.

To see more visit fundinmental
Bookschatter
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
A Zombie Christmas is a feel-good short story, depicting an attempt to bring back some community spirit and hope to the local children, following a zombie apocalypse.
This is not a horror story. No guts, no gore.
Well written and pleasant, with unusual cheeky takes on the zombies.
Jessica Berry
Not enough zombie...or Christmas

There was not enough zombie action or Christmas spirit in this short story. I'm glad it was free. I don't recommend.
Elaine White
I have to say that I felt a bit unwhelmed by the story. The premise was good, but the execution left something to be desired.

The story began in 1st person, but then descended into some mix of omni-presence and 3rd person - either that, or the 1st person narrator loved to talk about himself in 3rd. I couldn't figure it out, to be honest.

There were lots of gaps in my copy, that I presumed were scene breaks at first. They said "17", which, the first time, I assumed was a page number slipping in hal
Laura Thomas
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
He waited until the zombie messed with Rudolph to take him out. No one messed with his Christmas display. The loud crack of his gun brought more and he took care of them too. Then all was quiet again.

Relaxing in his living room, enjoying the lighted Christmas tree, the silence is shattered by the doorbell. Mike can’t believe his eyes. It’s four zombie carolers, singing songs. Or grunting them. Once he quits laughing he quickly dispatches them too. Their noise would bring others.

The loud knocking
Amie's Book Reviews
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombie-fiction
Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

This book is was being offered free of charge on Amazon just before Christmas.

It's four days before Christmas, and Mike Beem has put up a Christmas display in honour of the upcoming holiday. When a zombie picks up Rudolph, Mike is annoyed. "You see, the biggest problem was this. When you messed with Rudolph, you screwed up the whole display." When the zombie walks away carrying (and trying to eat) Rudolph, Mike has no choice but to shoot it in the head to save his
Carolyn Injoy
A Zombie Christmas (The Mike Beem Chronicles Book 1) by Anthony Renfro

A Zombie Christmas (The Mike Beem Chronicles Book 1) by Anthony Renfro is a different type of zombie short story. I gave it almost four stars.

It was a fun story to read if you overlook exploding heads with the resulting blood & brain splatter.

Mike is on his roof for a zombie watch. He has his rifle & pistols ready. When a zombie picks up Rudolf from Mike's Christmas display, he's had enough so he shoots him &
Shadow Girl
It's the first Christmas since the zombie invasion. You'd be pretty pissed, too, if you were trying to retain some of your Holiday Spirit and the damn zombies kept coming up and trying to eat your fake Santa, Elves, Reindeer, Frosty, and the rest! Your not stupid. Nothing is animated or lit up. Nothing playing music to attract attention. But, they still keep coming! Ooo... these ones are smart! They rang the doorbell and pretended to be Carolers! Now they're grunting some macabre version of Jing ...more
L.J. Bale
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this in 20 minutes but don’t let that put you off. I’d rather read a well-crafted short story than a meandering 400 page bore-epic. In this case it really is quality over quantity, somehow the author had me emotionally attached to the characters in a demonstration of very effective writing. I’m looking forward to seeing what the author can do given a higher word count, and will be seeking out his other works.

As the story is short I will keep my review short: A funny, tear jerking, post a
Kim Lo
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Its a nice little story about finding hope and keeping a little happiness going despite the bad times of living in a zombie apocalypse. The characters here may not have been around for a long time because this is a short story but its really the goodness they carry that warms my heart. It kind of teaches us to make the best of a situation and sometimes, even better things will happen. Its a fun little read
Megan
Nov 29, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a short story about Christmas during the zombie apocolypse. The main characters wanted to get the children survivors some toys and gifts to help celebrate the holiday. This story was so short, I think it could have been more enjoyable if it were a bit longer. Cute little story, but not very memorable.
Charlotte Jones
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a short story about the meaning of Christmas, but with a zombie twist. I really liked the writing style and the amount of action. The story had interesting characters despite the length and the overall message was good.
Fox Emm
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Fun, Festive Read

Two weeks before Christmas this was a no brainer (no pun intended) with my Kindle Unlimited subscription. For a short story/book with an indie/self-published feel it was very enjoyable.
Christi
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice Christmas Read!

Just what I needed on a dreary Christmas Day! This is a really fun book to read. Both stories in it are simple, short, and heartwarming in spite of zombie killing and a vampire main character.
Winter
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015-read
2,5 Stars. Two short stories with Christmas spirit.
Cherie Roberts
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My son really enjoy me reading this book to him, and he wont me to read it to him again the next day.
Jacqueline Walton
Good short story

This was a very entertaining book consisting of two short stories. It was very entertaining. Thanks to the author for the chuckles.
Lauren
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a quick read about a group of guys that go out and face the zombies to bring children Christmas cheer. I loved the positive message the book provides.
Trent Mikesell
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
short but entertaining
Tracey Alvarez
Love the premise, but the execution was a little rough, especially with the weird switches from first to third person. Still, a fun little read and made me chuckle.
Clare Skeets
Sep 22, 2016
Ruben A. Torres
Dec 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Dawn of the Infected: A Prequel Novella (Hybrid Chronicles)
  • The Beginning (Precipice, #1)
  • The Pied Piper of the Undead
  • Mutation Z: The Ebola Zombies (Mutation Z, #1)
  • Sugar Scars
  • Bones Omnibus
  • Life After the Undead (Life After the Undead #1)
  • A Kidnapped Santa Claus
  • The Heights of Perdition (The Divine Space Pirates, #1)
  • The Cure
  • Caligatha
  • Your Name, In Fire (Vampire Geek Cycle, #1)
  • Myths and Magic: An Epic Fantasy and Speculative Fiction Boxed Set
  • The Boy in the Lot
  • Crawl
  • The Eaters: Book One: Origin
  • The Sea Was a Fair Master
  • Human No Longer
Anthony lives in Apex, North Carolina. He is a reader, writer, runner, husband, father, and stay at home dad - one of the toughest jobs anyone could ever do.

Contact Anthony: atothewr@gmail.com