Start by marking “Man Candy (Wish Upon A Stud, #2)” as Want to Read:
Man Candy (Wish Upon A Stud, #2)

Man Candy

(Five Wishes #2)

Raine Harper is in love with Wade Gates. But Wade likes women who are model thin, and Raine is model thin plus a lot of pounds. Desperate to make him love her, she trains just a little too hard and passes out in the arms of superstar movie star Dirk Adams. Dirk thinks Raine’s junk in the trunk is perfect and proposes to make Wade jealous by becoming her pretend boyfriend. ...more
Published August 19th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Man Candy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man Candy

Start your review of Man Candy (Wish Upon A Stud, #2)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, funny
Man Candy is Raine and Dirk's story. Raine has been desperately trying to get Wade Gates attention since middle school. Instead she gets the attention of a famous actor who has women swooning and men admitting to their man crushes.

I loved it! It was silly humor and an adorable story. The heroine is quirky. Her family is quirky and I had a lot of laugh out loud moments. This was a really fun but short book.

I also listened to the audiobook and the narrator gets 5 stars. She has the perfect voice
Kira Simion
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: got-for-free, 2017
(Review on the duo set).
Carvanz
Man Candy

I loved Raine! She was so quirky and cute and when she was in a pickle she reacted in the most delightful ways. She’s been in love with a boy from school all her life but he doesn’t even know her name. When the handsome actor Dirk Adams steps in to play the pretend boyfriend, all kinds of chaos ensues.

Raine’s family was a riot and I loved how the jumped Dirk. There were so many fun scenes here but I don’t want to spoil them for you. You definitely need to read this one to enjoy all the
Mel
5 hilarious stars! I laughed so hard I had to take a break because my stomach was hurting so much.
Coco.V
Apr 28, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/28/2020)! 🎁
Laura..devouring books like crumpets
Wow another hold my sides great read some brilliant one liners love this character wasn't stick thin and went to crazy extremes to lose weight in a week so funny.

Suffice to say, she finds a guy that finds her beautiful didn't like the confession of love at the end as they only knew each other a few days but other than that great!

Love
Kristine
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Original review can be found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

A couple of weeks ago I read Going Down which is the first book in the Wish Upon A Stud series and thought it was quite funny so I thought I'd give the second book a shot.

This book did not disappoint. I was easily reminded of the sarcastic and over the top humour that I liked so much in the first book. I'm talking about the shake your head almost ridiculous humour that is so far fetched that you can't help but smile. Serious
Julie Kirby
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! Dirk and Raine Hot Hot Hot!!! This was another uick, fun, sexy story.

Raine feels that she has to be skinny in time for the love of her life's visit, only she bumps into Dirk whilst in Training! Dirk just happens to be a super hot movie star.

He agrees to help her in her plan to make Wade jealous. What she doesn't have a clue about is that Dirk is falling for her.

She gets a date with Wade, even though Dirk tries to convince her not to go, she goes to lunch, only for Wade to show his true co
Ashley
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Wish Upon A Stud series. Let me start by saying, I think everyone secretly wants their very own Dirk. Raine has been in love with a boy since grade school, but this has never once noticed her. Mainly because this guy has a particular type of girl he prefers and she is not it. So, she takes it upon herself to "train." While training she happens to run/fall into Dirk.

From there the story becomes a lovely sort of romance and hilarity. Dirk cares and adores Raine for
Kristen Holt
Lesley Koke DeWig
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Raine and Dirk are adorable. Rains has spent her whole life pining over Wade. When she hears he's coming to town she wants to transform herself into his dream girl. Enter Dirk a Hollywood superstar on vacation. When Dirk rescues Raine they spark a friendship. Dirk hatches a plan to make Wade jealous. Raine is left with choices to make. Is Wade really the one she wants? Loved It ...more
Stephanie Swartz
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Want a good escape after a long days work? Want a laugh out loud look into some fun loving romance? You will get it in this sexy fun novella! Man Candy is book number 2 in the wish upon a stud series and it is a great read witty sexy and fun you will fall in love with this book! :)
Susan
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yummy! I want some Man Candy like Dirk! Who wouldn't love a girthy man?! ...more
Alison
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
These little novellas are hilarious and just a little hot at the end.

Love it :)
Olivia
“You look like someone shot your puppy,” Dirk says.
“I was in training,” I say, my voice cracking with emotion.
“Take it from me, training is not supposed to make you pass out or starve to death.”
He has kind eyes. They’re not just pretty. There’s something behind them. Intelligence. Caring.
My head drops onto the table. “The sun’s going to come up soon,” I cry. “That means I’m down to five days. I can never become Keira Knightley in five days.”
“Keira Knightley?”
“She’s skinny. And I’m—I’m—fat!
Heather
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible-read
Quirky and Adorkable!

The title says it all, this book is quirky and adorkable. Raine is 23 and has spent her entire life in love with Wade, the successful boy next door that never noticed her. He's coming back into town and Raine is desperate to get him to fall in love with her. Since Wade prefers model thin women, Raine is determined to lose weight and become the woman of his dreams.

While running one night, she meets Dirk Adams, a hot movie star renting a cabin near her, and together they devis
Sweetpea
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Raine is on a mission and is "in training". Wade, the man she has been in love with for years, is back in town. Wade likes his women skinny and Raine is more full-figured, so she is determined to lose weight to get him to notice her. When she passes out while running, she is rescued by a man that she recognizes as Dirk Adams, the mega movie star. He concocts a plan to make Wade jealous by posing as her boyfriend and the fun begins.

Man Candy is Book 2 in the Five Wishes series and is a standalone
Jessica
Raine Harper wants to get Wade Gates attention. She has been in love with him for a long time. The problem is he dates model thin women and Raine is a little bigger than that. Raine is trying to lose wait for Wade’s homecoming. She runs into Dirk Adams. He proposes that they pretend to date to make Wade jealous. Dirk thinks Raine is perfect as she is. Will Raine see that same thing in herself?

In an Oyster Shell – A steamy romance that had a great storyline.

The Pearls – The whole storyline was cu
Claire
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Raine Harper has been in love with Wade gates since preschool but he doesn't seem to know she exists. Raine is determined to change that by changing herself so she's physically appealing to him. While running around the lake she meets Dirk Adams a movie star.

Dirk offers to help Raine and hilarity ensures. Raine's thought processes are amusing but the situations she gets herself in... OMG!

Need a good laugh? This book is perfect.

This book picks up about the same time book one left off but the char
Ada
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the second novella in the Wish Upon A Stud series. Although it follows the same formula as the previous book and takes place in the same setting, I found this one to be funnier although the heroines seem to have the same traits. In any case, I liked the exchanges between our hero and heroine, even more so when you throw her super nutty family in the mix.

I wish though, as in the first book, our heroine showed more of a higher IQ since her original choice of love interest was pure scum bu
Gemma
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such an easy read!!! Funny and relatable. I admit I dont understand Raines (let's be honest and call it an obsession) with Wade... come on, when they first met, he bit her and then all those years later after going to the same school, being in the same classes and even being lab partners, he still doesn't know her name??? What, How... Why...??? I just don't undersand how this obsession began... As everyone mentions right from the beginning of the book, even in the previous book, Wade is a JERK!! ...more
Charli
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
**I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.**

The second book in the Wish Upon a Stud series, Man Candy didn't disappoint in terms of quirkiness, fun, cuteness, and being a great, short read.

Once again, there's a fair bit of sex, but it's pretty much at the end. At first, I thought this was going to be Raine & Wade's story - and it is, in a way. The plot twist is pretty awesome and frankly, I was very pleased with it.
Jo-Anne
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Man Candy is another hilarious book from Elise Sax. Raine has been in love with Wade since they were kids but he doesn’t even know she exists. He’s coming home in 3 weeks and since he likes thin women – which she’s not – she starts training to lose 30 pounds by then. She over-does her training and faints. Lucky for her, Dirk was there to catch her. Oh yeah, Dirk is a gorgeous movie star who was vacationing in town.

Raine had low self-esteem. She loved a man she didn’t really know well but had bui
Barbara Hackel
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Take 1 girl who is unsatisfied with her size and give her 5 days to be svelte and attractive for the one she thinks she wants. Throw in unrealistic expectations and extreme exercise, and what do you get? A collapsed girl who was lucky enough to pass out at the feet of a concerned man. A concerned buff man. A concerned buff man who carried her to his rental cabin and... OK if your mind is going there, you are just going to have to read this fun book yourself! It's a real mix of sweet, funny, and ...more
Ruby
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short and fluffy, I normally like long books with deep plots, but sometimes it's nice to just read something sugary and fun. This story does touch on a few deep subjects like self-esteem, bodytype etc.

Its full of funny moments, cheesy "scenes" and "one liners", and so many more things that really bring a quirky personality to the whole story.

Its worth a read if only for the Marilyn Monroe walk.

I received this book for free in return for my unbiased review
Christine Lalonde
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
This was my first read of Elise Sax.

Parts of this book made me laugh out loud. I did enjoy the story.

The one part was how quickly the book ended. It was building nicely and bam it was done. And at the very end it was filled with steamy scenes. While the scenes were okay, they were just put at the end and didn't seem to fit the rest of the book. That did disappoint me a bit.

However, if you are looking for a quick read, that is funny and sweet. This is it.

Andrie
I have the collection of Wish Upon A Stud 1-2 together

I laughed a lot. I was in the mood for a funny book and this book made me LOL.
My only problems were Raine failing to convince me of her true love towards Dirk (passion, yes! attraction yes! She definitely wanted him but Love? meh, I don't know...) and the ending. I had the same problem with the first one. The HFN endings are not satisfactory to me. What happens next Elise Sax??? Do they make it while he is somewhere else filming a mo
Stacey Raymond
Feb 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
This was an annoying POV. The romance didn't feel realistic. I only read it because I sometimes feel good about myself when I finish a book. Even if it is a short story that wasn't very good. But my number of books I read a year is high. This was a ridiculous story that was funny for all the wrong reasons. ...more
Richard Goodrum
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mostly enjoyable. Raine finally learns to accept herself through Adam's acceptance. She also learns that someone who doesn't accept her for who she is isn't worth her time. The sex scene, on the other hand, wasn't particularly interesting.

Easy-to-read. Entertaining. Happily Ever After. Whimsical. Wonderful characters.
Ruby McDemon
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
I loved listening to Angie narrate. She made this story more enjoyable than it already was. Hearing about Raine and her crazy plans to get a jerk and the sweetheart Dirk coming to help kept me laughing and smiling the entire story. I love listening to this series and I plan on hearing them all.
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jun 25, 2016 04:56PM

• The Navy SEAL's E-Mail Order Bride (The Heroes of Chance Creek, #1)
  • Clam Jam
  • Seduction Games (Game for Cookies #1)
  • Man Card (Man Hands, #2)
  • Black Light: Brave (Black Light Series Book 17)
  • Picture Perfect (Picturing Perfect, #1)
  • Bargaining with the Billionaire (Honeybrook Love, Inc., #3)
  • Avalanche of Desire (Brothers Freed, #1)
  • Bite Me (Bitten, #1)
  • Joran (Star-Crossed Alien Mail Order Brides #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency #31)
  • Divorced, Desperate and Delicious (Divorced and Desperate, #1)
  • Prairie Heat (Cowboys of the Flint Hills, #1)
  • Deja Vu
  • Burn So Bad (Into the Fire, #3)
  • Million Dollar Date (Do-Over Date #1)
  • Unavailable (Secrets #1)
  • No Offense (Little Bridge Island, #2)
  • Indecent Werewolf Exposure (Werewolves, Vampires and Demons, Oh My, #1)
Elise Sax worked as a journalist for fifteen years, mostly in Paris, France. She took a detour from journalism and became a private investigator before trying her hand at writing fiction. She lives in Southern California with her two sons. An Affair to Dismember is her first novel.

Five Wishes (5 books)
  • Going Down (Wish Upon A  Stud, #1)
  • Hot Wired (Wish Upon A Stud, #3)
  • Just Sacked (Wish Upon A Stud, #4)
  • Wicked Ride (Wish Upon A Stud, #5)

News & Interviews