Start by marking “Python Playground: Geeky Projects for the Curious Programmer” as Want to Read:
Python Playground: Geeky Projects for the Curious Programmer

Python Playground: Geeky Projects for the Curious Programmer

Python is a powerful programming language that's easy to learn and fun to play with. But once you've gotten a handle on the basics, what do you do next?

Python Playground is a collection of imaginative programming projects that will inspire you to use Python to make art and music, build simulations of real-world phenomena, and interact with hardware like the Arduino and Ras
Published October 31st 2015 by No Starch Press (first published February 25th 2015)

Start your review of Python Playground: Geeky Projects for the Curious Programmer
Karthikeyan Chellappa
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those rare programming books that is fun to read, and yet suited for the intermediate / advanced python programmer. I reckon even the novices should take a stab at this book, if anything to realize that the true power of Python is not just the simplicity and elegance of the language, but the vast array of open source packages that are available at your disposal to do just about anything, and this book does a great job at demonstrating that. From ASCII art & musical overtones to ha ...more
Aileen
Jan 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: code-and-design
I wanted to like the book, but upon reviewing the code, it just seemed like it would be buggy and sloppy. Good idea. Hard pass.
Taylan Ward
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think that this is a great book for coding and learning new things. I would recommend this to anyone who likes the Python coding language.
Julio Biason
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ibooks, it
When I start to not get a book, one thing I ask myself is: Am I the target audience for this book? 'Cause, you know, I may need to reflect if the book is actually good for beginners instead of people who already know the topic.

And here is the problem with this book: it does a bad job finding its target.

The reason is simple: the code is full of violations of PEP8, something Python beginners should not be exposed to and something expert developers get pissed.

Now, there is nothing wrong with you
Mahesh
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am kind of partial to this book. :-)
WKofAngmar
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book includes the best projects for a programming nerd like me.
John
Aug 09, 2017
Ginny Pennekamp
Jun 08, 2016

• My Dinosaur is Scared of Vegetables
  • Race Team (Disney/Pixar Cars)
  • Alan Turing: The Enigma
  • All Hail the Queen (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #1)
  • The Art of Naughty Dog
  • Farming Handbook for Minecraft: Master Farming in Minecraft: Create XP Farms, Plant Farms, Resource Farms, Ranches and More! (Unofficial Minecraft Guide) (MineGuides)
  • GUI Design for Android Apps
  • Doing Math with Python
  • Dinosaurs: Dinosaurs for Kids, a Text and Picture Book: Ages 6-8/Kindergarten-2nd grade and Ages 9-12/3rd grade-6th grade (Animals)
  • Chase is on the Case! (Paw Patrol) (Step into Reading)
  • Think Like a Programmer: An Introduction to Creative Problem Solving
  • Dragon Ball: The Complete Illustrations
  • Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales
  • Minecraft House Ideas & Awesome Structures (Resource Lists, Step-By-Step Blueprints, Descriptions & Pictures)
  • Minecrafters Creative Handbook: The Ultimate Building Book For Minecrafters. Best Construction, Structures and Creations For All Minecrafters. (Books For Minecrafters)
  • Survival Handbook for Minecraft: Master Survival in Minecraft: Unofficial Minecraft Guide (MineGuides)
  • Minecraft House Ideas: The Forest Cabin (Step-By-Step Blueprint Guide And Video Instructions Included)
  • CONSTRUCTING RIVER VILLAGE (Intended For Players With Advanced Gaming Experience)

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

News & Interviews

“Parametric equations express the coordinates of the points of a curve as functions of a variable, called a parameter. They make it easy to draw curves because you can just plug parameters into equations to produce a curve.” 0 likes