Start by marking “Test Your Cat: The Cat IQ Test” as Want to Read:
Test Your Cat: The Cat IQ Test

Test Your Cat: The Cat IQ Test

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  121 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
The perfect gift book for cat lovers everywhere, showing how to measure your cat’s intelligence in a series of easy and fun tests.

How clever is your cat? Can your cat:

• Make sounds upon request?• Predict a change in the weather?

Or is your cat the type who

• Falls off ledges while sleeping?• Continually runs into walls or doors?

You can find out how smart your cat really is b
Published 2005 by Harper Collins Publishers (first published April 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Test Your Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Test Your Cat

Bookdragon Sean
Jan 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: cat owners
I wasn’t shocked to discover that my Poppy is a genius. She has a cat IQ of 148, which means she’s a real big deal in terms of cat intellect. Only 1 in 5000 cats are that smart. According to this she’s categorised in the genius range:

“Cats with a score of 140 or more are gifted and extremely bright. They are able to function well and exhibit exceptional reasoning skills. Extremely well developed coordination and balance have been demonstrated. They communicate well and often develop distinct re
Amelia
My cat is SUPERIOR, just so you all know. She is also sleepy:

Update circa 2017: My other cat is doubtless as superior but, alas, I no longer have the book.

Ririn
Jul 18, 2015 rated it liked it

Thank you Marina for the book! I love it.
The pictures are SOOOO CUTE.

photo cats1_zpsyyxjxyjg.png

photo cats2_zpsekl4kntl.png

So, anyway I had difficulties testing my cats because they're so unresponsive XD like in this one:

Touch your cat gently on his back with your finger or the pencil.
Ripples or moves back fur - 2 pts
Shakes fur - 2 pts
Licks spot touched - 4 pts

The result (for two of my cats): They just stared at me with the wtf-are-you-doing look XP
Redfox5
Jul 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Just did the test with my cat Jake. He's wasn't reposive for some questions so I had to score him a few zero's. This is his score.Section A = 73Section B = 18Section C = 8Section D = 0Total = 99 (Normal) :DI found doing the test quiet fun, I don't think Jake was to impressed with it tho. Siamese cats are apprently miles smarter than other cats, kinda makes me want one.
Erika
Sep 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: bookshelf
• "Gelezen" in het Engels.
• Fysiek boek.
• 2.5/5

Boek met testjes om te zien hoe slim je kat is (of juist niet). Wij hebben 2 superior en 1 normale kat. Zelf had ik ze eerder als superior, normaal en 'below normal' of 'low normal' bestempeld want eentje is zowat de derpy one van de drie :') Maar ach, wat zie ik ze toch graag, die snoezies! ❤
Steve
Jan 11, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A fun little exercise with little or no scientific basis. I think you're supposed to take it seriously, but I couldn't. And NOT because my cat registered as "Normal Intelligence". I already knew that. It struck me that a number of questions should have had "NA" for a possible answer, but that was never an option and, because IQ was based on a total number of points, I couldn't skip any. There are other books that treat it more seriously and, if that's what you want to know, this is not the book ...more
Marina Zala
** Books 122 - 2015 **

3,8 of 5 miawww stars!

Asli ini buku lucuu banget isinya tentang ngetes IQ kucing kalian berapa sih? apakah masuk ke kategori genius, superior,above normal, normal, low normal dan below normal.

Buku ini termasuk komplit dan detail ya hingga kita harus ngawasin kalo kucing kita diajak main reaksinya gimana, pas tidur gimana.. lucu banget lah buku ini dan tampaknya harus dimiliki oleh yang memelihara kucing hoho >__<
Alexa Athelstan
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Jazz is SUPERIOR in intelligence. Takes after me, obviously! ;) She scored 135 on the IQ test. Thanks so much to Emma and Sam for this wonderfully fun Xmas gift and to Mercedes for the enjoyable morning spent completing a good number of the questions whilst indulging in breakfast pancakes with peanutbutter and berries & vegan chai in bed! :) Xx
Sandra
Feb 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Cappone is above normal. IQ = 117. No laughing.
Michelle Geslewitz
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Stunning yet haunting.
Terilin
Shey passed with flying colors! YEA MOO!
Dec 25, 2012 marked it as to-read
Now I'm going to get to test and see just how smart my kitty is!
Rob Mawer
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good for a laugh.
Lisa
Jan 21, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: all cat owners
How fun, and it takes only a few minutes. It helped to confirm what I've know for a decade...my cat Rudy posesses a superior intellect...he might even be TAG. =)
Shannon
Feb 15, 2008 marked it as to-read
ooooooh. I gotta read this.
Lisa Palmer
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My cats are geniuses of course!
Gretchen
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cats
I found this book to be a much more satisfying assessment of my cat's IQ than the previous cat IQ test book I read. (And yes, I realize how sad it is that I read not one, but two books on testing my cat's IQ.)

This book seems to be more hands-on and has questions that relate to the actual behavior of your cat. The book is divided into four sections: Cat Observation Test, where you read statements about your cat's behavior and then answer Never, Seldom, Often, Usually, or Always; Cat Performance
Kash
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Probably not actually very scientific but who cares. To us our pets are smart regardless of what these books may say. I did what the book instructs the reader to do and found out that my pet cat Sam is actually smarter than I thought. This is a fun book. Have at it.
Jan 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun way to spend a little time with your cats to test their reactions, etc. I'm glad I got it from the library, though, and I recommend that you do the same. I think it's accurate and reflects your pets as their best relaxed selves. I'll use this book with any future cats I get!
Rebecca Rosenblum
Very silly. A fun way to play with and think about your cat, but no real scientific validity, or even information. Sometimes the cat could score IQ points for something I've never thought about or understood as "smart" but there's no explanation as to why it matters. Frustrating!
Melissa
Mar 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anf, anf-humor
Cute, but not all that worthwhile.
Zulekha Saqib
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My husband & I had such a fun-time testing our furry Einsteins :D there is even a certificate at the end for your cat on completion of the test.. would recommend this book to all cat owners!
julie hollis