Start by marking “Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)” as Want to Read:
Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)

Feast of Fools

(The Morganville Vampires #4)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  49,434 ratings  ·  1,304 reviews
The wait is over. dig into the feast...

In the town of Morganville, vampires and humans live in relative peace. Student Claire Danvers has never been convinced, though, especially with the arrival of Mr. Bishop, an ancient, old-school vampire who cares nothing about harmony. What he wants from the town's living and its dead is unthinkably sinister. It's only at a formal bal
Published June 3rd 2008 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Feast of Fools, please sign up.
Sophie Yeah the invitation rule is garbage in this book. Michael is now a vamp and so it should be the humans who require invites, but yet it's still the vam…moreYeah the invitation rule is garbage in this book. Michael is now a vamp and so it should be the humans who require invites, but yet it's still the vampires who are left standing on the front step (Oliver and Ysandre ask for invites), and Jason (a human) was in their kitchen without an invite. It's just a huge continuity error.(less)

·  49,434 ratings  ·  1,304 reviews

Start your review of Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
Alkyoni
Ok. Let me begin with the negative stuff because I really want to be done with it asap and then go on about how amazing this book was.

We get such an awesome plot and characters, would it be too much to ask for some consistency in the world building too? At first, vampires needed an invitation to enter the Glass House. I get that. Then, the humans needed an invitation instead. I get that too. Now everybody’s strolling in and out like nobody’s business and it’s driving me nuts!

Also, I know that wr
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 Not All Parties Are Fun Stars

After having to fight for their lives with crazy vampires and even crazier anti-vampire fanatics nothing should be able to scare our heroes anymore, until a strange vampire walks through their door. A vampire so bad that even the worst vampires in Morganville seem to be afraid of, one who claims to be Amelie's father. Who knew the Ice Queen actually had family that was even scarier than her?

The vampire isn't alone. He has with him 2 extra vampires way too dangerous
MissBecka

Book 4 and it's the best one yet?! Holy crap this series is amazing.
So much freaking happened in this and I cannot wait to dig into the next book.
I love you MYRNIN!!!
Jess
Apr 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"Will you swear?" And Myrnin said, shockingly "I will." And he proceeded to, a string of swear words that made Claire blink. He ended with, '-frothy fool-born apple-john! Cheater of vandals and defiler of dead dogs!" and did another twirl and a bow.

Well Feast of Fools, definitely isn't a filler book. Although slow in the middle, it was probably the best one yet! Do these just keep getting better? Hmm...interesting.

I loved every minute of this one. I think it's safe to say I love Myrnin more now,
Alaina
“Crap, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I'm thinking we have about fifteen vampires and no blood," Claire said. "Is that it?"

"No, I was thinking we're out of chips. Of course that's what I was thinking.”

(view spoiler)
Arlene
Feb 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Feast of Fools is the fourth installment of the Morganville Vampire Series, and it was a bit slower placed than the first three books. However, it did deliver an explosive ending with a signature series cliffhanger. I’ve become vested in the main characters of this series, which includes Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael. I like how their actions and loyalty toward each other remains consistent from book to book, and it was nice to see Shane begin to accept Michael as a vampire.

In this book, three
J.Elle
Mar 19, 2010 rated it liked it
As these books continue, I find I am less and less concerned with what will happen to Morganville and its' inhabitants and more concerned with when Shane is going to break and finally "do" Claire. Not that I condone that sort of thing, but it's a book and seriously, there is only so much tension you can build in a book before it starts to get repetitive. So, my unauthorized and likely, unwanted, opinion is, let it happen or kill Shane off. Finally, the other beef I have is that the reader is lef ...more
Amber J
I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler free way. If you feel anything in my review is a spoiler and is not already hidden in spoiler brackets please let me know. Thank you.

This book has to be the most edge-of-your-seat, nail biting, suspenseful books of them yet. Even when everything was as a supposed calm, you just knew that crazy stuff was right around the corner.

I love Claire. She never does anything I expect her too. She's this small, helpless, but smart teenage girl, but
Celeste
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This was definitely the most exciting installment thus far. A new threat comes to Morganville. An outside threat. Enemies become allies as the town bands together to protect itself. We get more of Myrnin, which made me happy. I love Claire’s development, and Shane is growing on me. The relationships in the series really make the story, which is why I was so happy to see those on opposite sides banding together in the face of a common enemy. As with the preceding novel, this book ends on a cliff ...more
Andrea
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
The stakes have been raised and I mean that pun intended! Claire is slowly becoming more of a badass rather than a scared little girl. She can't do much against the vamps but she manages for the most part. I have a feeling she will be very important for the rest of the series. Seems like overall the series is picking up. I still have minor annoyances usually revolving around Shane being a dumbass, but I'm really enjoying this series.
Karin
Jun 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Caine has done it again. She starts FEAST OF FOOLS like she does the other books in the Morgenville Vampire series - right in the middle of the action which grabs you by the hair, yanks you in, and won’t let go until the story is over.

At the end of MIDNIGHT ALLEY, the foursome living in the Glass House gets some unexpected visitors in the form of Claire’s parents and (in Buffy the Vampire Slayer Speak) the Big Bad - Mr. Bishop A.K.A. Amelie’s “father.” With him in town there has to be tro
julia ☆ [owls reads]
Feast of Fools is a happy middle between action and intrigue and the pace holds steady through the entire novel. Claire continues to be a huge naive dummy about danger and has basically no sense of self-preservation despite knowing half of Morganville wants her hurt or dead \o/ We got more of Mr. Bishop and a pretty cool plot twist involving him and his blooood. Myrnin also has his moment to shine and I really love just how complex he is as a character.

Warnings for non-consensual kissing, harass
Aly
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
These books are fun because they're short and have a lot going on so I just fly through them. I also like seeing more into how the vampires feel and their histories, plus the cool things Claire develops with Myrnin and her relationship with Shane getting stronger. There's so much craziness and drama that it's nice the author still takes some time for Claire, Shane, Eve, and Michael to hang out and be normal teenagers. Those moments help balance everything out. Monica continues to be the worst pe ...more
Claire is still working on a cure for the disease, all while going to school, hanging out with her friends and dealing with her parents moving to town. Emelie's father, Bishop, has come to Morganville, complicating the power dynamic. A big feast is planned to welcome him, but it may be cover for something else to occur.

This one kind of ends right in the middle of things, so I'll definitely be adding the next one to my queue of books because I need to know what happens. I'm still enjoying the se
Carrie
Dec 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Feast of Fools is the fourth book in the Morganville Vampire series. Again it picks up right where the previous book had left off. Claire's parents have moved to town adding more people for Claire to worry about. A few new vampires have shown up that don't seem to have the best of intentions.

With all books in a series I try to keep my reviews a bit vague as I don't want to add much in that would spoil things but with this particular book there wasn't much to even talk about. Easily the slowest
Nicole
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was probably my least favorite so far. I really am enjoying Myrnin and all his craziness. Claire is really starting to grow up. This one has lots of drama. Damn Bishop and his crazy ideas. Like really he expects all the vampires to bring humans as a symblic sacrifice, i'm sorry what? Lunatic, I daresay he's craazier than our beloved Myrnin. But that is ok we have Clair and Myrnin to save the day and put Bishop in his place. Amelia is becoming a quite annoying character. Why would you use ou ...more
Shaz
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
one of the best in the series loved the whole bishop scene a truly brilliant villian
Anzu The Great Destroyer
No review for this one because I am le lazy. Great book, this series keeps getting better and better. I am pleased. Now off to read the fifth one.
Nida Kazi
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so in love with this series.
Brooke
May 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Feast of Fools starts off where Midnight Alley left off. The Glass house has been taken over by a vampire, Mr. Bishop, who claims to be Amelie's father. He has big plans for the humans and vampires of Morganville, and he, along with his evil cronies, will do whatever it takes to put them into motion. It all comes down to the masked ball where the vampires bring human dates. Who will pledge loyalty to Mr. Bishop, and who will stick with Amelie?

I really enjoy anything that Rachel Caine writes. All
Heather
Apr 26, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-books, 2010-books
Heather
Jun 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of YA, vampire books, and the Twilight series.
This is the 4th book in a YA series written by Rachel Caine (she does the Weather Warden series as well).

This book has the same romantic tension between Claire and Shane- along with some sinister events happening in the town of Morganville.

Morganville is a town where vampires live freely among humans- with humans being kept (for lack of a better word) by various vampires. Some are good, most are bad, and all the humans are doing is trying to survive!

A fun installment that has quite a cliff-ha
Nic
May 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Caine hasn't let me down yet. Again another amazing installment in the Morganville Vampires Series.

In the fourth book we find out more of the secrets of Morganville and find out what Bishop wants. There is never a moment of peace but that makes for one fantastic read. The characters are brilliant as always and it was good to see Myrnin was in this book. I love Claire and Shane's relationship, their moments together always bring a smile to my face.

Awesome series. A must read!
Laura LlamaDragon
I’ve been having trouble working up enthusiasm for the Morganville Vampires books, they seem to be a little hit or miss to me. After a break after the third book I did find the fourth book, Feast of Fools to be an enjoyable read. Much like the third book, this one adds a new character who brings a new element to the story, which also indicated that there is now a bigger picture forming that the series will focus on which wasn’t all that apparent in the first two books. With the combination of ne ...more
Tiera McMillian
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: september
While I am enjoying this series for the most part I still have several issues that don't seem to be getting better. Claire and her group are incredibly young and still seem so naive really in the face of all that is occurring here. Also, they are always on the outside looking in.. at least Claire seems to be. Its like in every single book we are striving and striving for the necessary information for each instance and we never get there. In essence the plot comes full circle with the MCs running ...more
Elizabeth
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
The Morganville Vampires

Feast For Fools

Rachel Caine

I read book four in this day too!

Claire is working for the crazy vampire Myrnin

That cliffhanger is Amelie's (boss lady) father in the form of the The Bishop

Everyone is on edge

Shane is recovering from getting stabbed (yer he got stabbed)

Michael plays pretty music and is being a weird vampire

Eve is struggling to deal with her crazy brother Jason (weirdo)

There's a ball?

Crazy vampire Myrnin takes Claire

Shit goes down

Plan.

Yer that sums it up I believ
Petra
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, romance
This series continues to be perfect mix of entertaining typical ya and nonsense. I find myself cringing a lot but I'm still enjoying it so much and will definitely continue with the series.
Caitlin Smith
FULL SERIES REVIEW TO COME
Jen
Mar 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I was a little reluctant to give 5 stars... but if I'm going to give a perfect review to any MV book thus far, it must be Feast of Fools.
I mean, this book was nonstop action. I literally found every idle moment I could to crack open FoF and devour as many words as I could.
Amelie's father is a mean, relentless, cold-blooded man, and will apparently stop at nothing to claim that which he wants.

Watching Claire mature is something so rare in teen novels... and really, in any novel. It seems so man
Maura
Oct 24, 2009 rated it really liked it

Wow I seem to be giving out Maura's Choice a lot. That's sort of funny, but really I haven't read any books so far that I haven't enjoy thoroughly. But if I have to give a 4 stars to any books in the Morganville Vampire Series, it would have to be Feast of Fools. Anyways for anyone who knows me, you'll know that my favorite book series of all time is Morganville Vampire Series. I just love all the action, sarcasm, and Rachel Caine's clever writing. What can I say the whole book series is fast pa

• Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses, #6)
  • Stargazer
  • Betrayed (House of Night, #2)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses, #2)
  • Pride (Shifters, #3)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Hunted (House of Night, #5)
  • Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9)
  • The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #4)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • The Sea Witch  (The Era of Villains, #1)
  • Blessed (Tantalize, #3)
  • Untamed (House of Night, #4)
  • Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)