Start by marking “Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)” as Want to Read:
Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)

Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires #4)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  47,482 Ratings  ·  1,259 Reviews
The wait is over. dig into the feast...

In the town of Morganville, vampires and humans live in relative peace. Student Claire Danvers has never been convinced, though, especially with the arrival of Mr. Bishop, an ancient, old-school vampire who cares nothing about harmony. What he wants from the town's living and its dead is unthinkably sinister. It's only at a formal bal
Published June 3rd 2008 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Feast of Fools, please sign up.
Sophie Yeah the invitation rule is garbage in this book. Michael is now a vamp and so it should be the humans who require invites, but yet it's still the…moreYeah the invitation rule is garbage in this book. Michael is now a vamp and so it should be the humans who require invites, but yet it's still the vampires who are left standing on the front step (Oliver and Ysandre ask for invites), and Jason (a human) was in their kitchen without an invite. It's just a huge continuity error.(less)

Alkyoni

Ok. Let me begin with the negative stuff because I really want to be done with it asap and then go on about how amazing this book was.

We get such an awesome plot and characters, would it be too much to ask for some consistency in the world building too? At first, vampires needed an invitation to enter the Glass House. I get that. Then, the humans needed an invitation instead. I get that too. Now everybody’s strolling in and out like nobody’s business and it’s driving me nuts!

Also, I know that wr
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 Not All Parties Are Fun Stars

After having to fight for their lives with crazy vampires and even crazier anti-vampire fanatics nothing should be able to scare our heroes anymore, until a strange vampire walks through their door. A vampire so bad that even the worst vampires in Morganville seem to be afraid of, one who claims to be Amelie's father. Who knew the Ice Queen actually had family that was even scarier than her?

The vampire isn't alone. He has with him 2 extra vampires way too dangerous
Jess
Apr 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"Will you swear?" And Myrnin said, shockingly "I will." And he proceeded to, a string of swear words that made Claire blink. He ended with, '-frothy fool-born apple-john! Cheater of vandals and defiler of dead dogs!" and did another twirl and a bow.

Well Feast of Fools, definitely isn't a filler book. Although slow in the middle, it was probably the best one yet! Do these just keep getting better? Hmm...interesting.

I loved every minute of this one. I think it's safe to say I love Myrnin more now,
Arlene
Feb 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Feast of Fools is the fourth installment of the Morganville Vampire Series, and it was a bit slower placed than the first three books. However, it did deliver an explosive ending with a signature series cliffhanger. I’ve become vested in the main characters of this series, which includes Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael. I like how their actions and loyalty toward each other remains consistent from book to book, and it was nice to see Shane begin to accept Michael as a vampire.

In this book, three
J.Elle
Mar 19, 2010 rated it liked it
As these books continue, I find I am less and less concerned with what will happen to Morganville and its' inhabitants and more concerned with when Shane is going to break and finally "do" Claire. Not that I condone that sort of thing, but it's a book and seriously, there is only so much tension you can build in a book before it starts to get repetitive. So, my unauthorized and likely, unwanted, opinion is, let it happen or kill Shane off. Finally, the other beef I have is that the reader is lef ...more
Alaina Meserole
“Crap, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I'm thinking we have about fifteen vampires and no blood," Claire said. "Is that it?"

"No, I was thinking we're out of chips. Of course that's what I was thinking.”

(view spoiler)
Andrea
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
The stakes have been raised and I mean that pun intended! Claire is slowly becoming more of a badass rather than a scared little girl. She can't do much against the vamps but she manages for the most part. I have a feeling she will be very important for the rest of the series. Seems like overall the series is picking up. I still have minor annoyances usually revolving around Shane being a dumbass, but I'm really enjoying this series.
Karin
Jun 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Caine has done it again. She starts FEAST OF FOOLS like she does the other books in the Morgenville Vampire series - right in the middle of the action which grabs you by the hair, yanks you in, and won’t let go until the story is over.

At the end of MIDNIGHT ALLEY, the foursome living in the Glass House gets some unexpected visitors in the form of Claire’s parents and (in Buffy the Vampire Slayer Speak) the Big Bad - Mr. Bishop A.K.A. Amelie’s “father.” With him in town there has to be tro
Shakira
one of the best in the series loved the whole bishop scene a truly brilliant villian
Carrie
Dec 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Feast of Fools is the fourth book in the Morganville Vampire series. Again it picks up right where the previous book had left off. Claire's parents have moved to town adding more people for Claire to worry about. A few new vampires have shown up that don't seem to have the best of intentions.

With all books in a series I try to keep my reviews a bit vague as I don't want to add much in that would spoil things but with this particular book there wasn't much to even talk about. Easily the slowest
Anzu The Great Destroyer
No review for this one because I am le lazy. Great book, this series keeps getting better and better. I am pleased. Now off to read the fifth one.
Nida Kazi
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so in love with this series.
Brooke
May 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Feast of Fools starts off where Midnight Alley left off. The Glass house has been taken over by a vampire, Mr. Bishop, who claims to be Amelie's father. He has big plans for the humans and vampires of Morganville, and he, along with his evil cronies, will do whatever it takes to put them into motion. It all comes down to the masked ball where the vampires bring human dates. Who will pledge loyalty to Mr. Bishop, and who will stick with Amelie?

I really enjoy anything that Rachel Caine writes. All
Nic
May 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Caine hasn't let me down yet. Again another amazing installment in the Morganville Vampires Series.

In the fourth book we find out more of the secrets of Morganville and find out what Bishop wants. There is never a moment of peace but that makes for one fantastic read. The characters are brilliant as always and it was good to see Myrnin was in this book. I love Claire and Shane's relationship, their moments together always bring a smile to my face.

Awesome series. A must read!
Heather
Jun 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of YA, vampire books, and the Twilight series.
This is the 4th book in a YA series written by Rachel Caine (she does the Weather Warden series as well).

This book has the same romantic tension between Claire and Shane- along with some sinister events happening in the town of Morganville.

Morganville is a town where vampires live freely among humans- with humans being kept (for lack of a better word) by various vampires. Some are good, most are bad, and all the humans are doing is trying to survive!

A fun installment that has quite a cliff-ha
Laura LlamaDragon
I’ve been having trouble working up enthusiasm for the Morganville Vampires books, they seem to be a little hit or miss to me. After a break after the third book I did find the fourth book, Feast of Fools to be an enjoyable read. Much like the third book, this one adds a new character who brings a new element to the story, which also indicated that there is now a bigger picture forming that the series will focus on which wasn’t all that apparent in the first two books. With the combination of ne ...more
Elizabeth
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
The Morganville Vampires

Feast For Fools

Rachel Caine

I read book four in this day too!

Claire is working for the crazy vampire Myrnin

That cliffhanger is Amelie's (boss lady) father in the form of the The Bishop

Everyone is on edge

Shane is recovering from getting stabbed (yer he got stabbed)

Michael plays pretty music and is being a weird vampire

Eve is struggling to deal with her crazy brother Jason (weirdo)

There's a ball?

Crazy vampire Myrnin takes Claire

Shit goes down

Plan.

Yer that sums it up I believ
Jen
Mar 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I was a little reluctant to give 5 stars... but if I'm going to give a perfect review to any MV book thus far, it must be Feast of Fools.
I mean, this book was nonstop action. I literally found every idle moment I could to crack open FoF and devour as many words as I could.
Amelie's father is a mean, relentless, cold-blooded man, and will apparently stop at nothing to claim that which he wants.

Watching Claire mature is something so rare in teen novels... and really, in any novel. It seems so man
Maura
Oct 24, 2009 rated it really liked it

Wow I seem to be giving out Maura's Choice a lot. That's sort of funny, but really I haven't read any books so far that I haven't enjoy thoroughly. But if I have to give a 4 stars to any books in the Morganville Vampire Series, it would have to be Feast of Fools. Anyways for anyone who knows me, you'll know that my favorite book series of all time is Morganville Vampire Series. I just love all the action, sarcasm, and Rachel Caine's clever writing. What can I say the whole book series is fast pa
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Ending: 8

Total: 6

In Dept

Best Part:
Stupid cliffhanger keeps me going.
Worst Part: Everything before the cliffhanger
Thoughts Had: Dumb; Dumber; Ugh

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
ugh.
Recommending: not really

Short Review: This book is 25% sexual tension. 25% all of them being b*thces towa
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Talk about tension! It started off tense and of course, ends on yet another cliffhanger. So much happens. I don't even know what to say. Plenty of angst all around and now, even more danger with Claire's parents in town.

Truly, Morganville goes to hell in a handbasket in this volume when Amelie's Father comes to town. He's a douche. So are the vamps he brings with him. Totally hate that bitch Ysandre and her constant come-ons to Shane. Francois is no better.

Jason---will someone kill this guy alre
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)

This was an okay story, but I have to admit that I was bored for the majority of it.

The main characters in this were all okay, although once again Claire was fairly happy to walk head-first into danger without a care. It was also a little frustrating when the gang automatically thought that Michael would be able to protect them – he’s the youngest vampire for pity’s sake!

The storyline in this just didn’t really interest me. Again it took place over a relativel
Heather
Apr 26, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-books, 2010-books
Siobhan
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah Bishop, you make things so interesting.

My interest had started to wan somewhat over the last couple of books, but with the appearance of a big bad guy in town things start to spice up. This was exactly what the series needed and had it taken longer to come about I would have been extremely disappointed.

For me, I view this as a real turning point for the series. Not just with characters but with there being a bigger plot at play, making it the point where the series grew to be truly interestin
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Claire’s parents have moved into town and want her to move in with them; however, (on top of her worrying about their safety in a place filled with vampires) she has to tell them that she wants to stay in the Glass house instead. However an ancient vampire, Mr Bishop, has arrived in town and is having a party and Morganville will soon realise that the vampires they already have are not as bad as they could be. This
Trisha
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-physical
"Feast," Miranda said again, "You're all fools, all fools - don't let him trick you."

amazing. Like, "keep you on the edge of your seat and your pulse racing" good.

I couldn't turn the pages quick enough. I absolutely devoured and LOVED this one.

Shane, Claire, Michael and Eve. They can't catch a break. I can't wait for them to get some wins!

Rebecca McNutt
At first glance this book looked really intriguing, but I ended up finding it rather vulgar and morbid, with unnecessary crude humor and pages full of nothing but blood and gore. Proof that anything can be published these days regardless of its content quality... :-\
Denise
Aug 11, 2012 rated it really liked it

I nearly woke up the whole house laughing!
Bluewaterstorm ~ Skeletons ~  Evil and Sassy Girl ~ For a reason ~ To be known as a Legend ~
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE FINISHED THE BOOK!!!!!!!
WARNING: FEWER WORDS CAN EXPLAIN BOOKS WITH A GREATER DEFFINITION. THIS BOOK IS EXPLAINED IN TWO WORDS "ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!". That's it, that's all that is needed. Anyone else think this? :P
Faith McKay
I wasn't really sure about the beginning in this one, but I ended up really liking it a lot. And it left me extremely excited for the next one!
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • Legacy (Vampire Beach, #4)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Huntress (Night World, #7)
  • Biting the Bullet (Jaz Parks, #3)
  • Pride (Shifters, #3)
  • Bad to the Bone (WVMP Radio, #2)
  • The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2)
  • Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
  • Uprooted
  • This Is Where It Ends
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
“I'm gonna kill him," Eve said, or at least that was what it sounded like filtered through the pillow.
Stake him right in the heart, shove garlic up his ass, and-and-"

And what?" (Michael)

When did you get home?" Claire demanded.

Apparently just in time to hear my funeral plans. I especially like the garlic up the ass. It's...different.”
1085 likes
“Crap, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"No, I was thinking we're out of chips. Of course that's what I was thinking.”
592 likes