Start by marking “The Viscount's Vow (Castle Brides, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Viscount's Vow (Castle Brides, #1)

The Viscount's Vow

(Castle Brides #1)

Half Romani, noblewoman Evangeline Caruthers is the last woman in England Ian Hamilton, the Viscount Warrick, could ever love-an immoral wanton responsible for his brother's and father's deaths. Vangie thinks Ian's a foul-tempered blackguard, who after setting out to cause her downfall, finds himself forced to marry her-snared in the trap of his own making. When Vangie lea ...more
Published July 31st 2014 by Soul Mate Publishing (first published September 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Viscount's Vow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Viscount's Vow

Sophia
I was intrigued by this book when I discovered that it would tell the story of Vangie and Ian from Highlander's Hope. They were secondary characters at the time, but the hints about their story were tantalizing to say the least. This story was a prequel in ways to Highlander's Hope as it introduced the players in the other story and some scenes in Viscount's Vow filled in details for that one. Even though this one chronologically comes first, in a pinch the order doesn't matter and they could st ...more
Diane K. Peterson
The Viscount’s Vow by Collette Cameron is a very pleasant Regency novel. While not officially part of a series, it is related to her previous book, Highlander’s Hope. Interestingly, the events in The Viscount’s Vow take place chronologically before Highlander’s Hope even though it was published several months later. These are Cameron’s first two published novels. In The Viscount’s Vow she demonstrates solid writing skills, but there were also a few things that indicate a beginning writer.

Ian Ham
Sandra Owens
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Viscount's Vow was a great read. It begins with the hero, Ian, intent on extracting revenge, but things go wrong and he ends up in a forced marriage. Sparks fly between Ian and Vangie from the moment they meet, and even when they're furious with each other, there is sexual tension just under the surface. For Ian, all is not as it appears, something he finds out almost too late. The twists and turns are many and surprising. One thing I loved was all the not so nice, but funny names Vangie cam ...more
Ronda Kienlen
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I read Collette Cameron's first book and loved it, but this second book surpassed my expectations. I started reading it one night, and finished it the next morning. I couldn't wait to discover the outcome between her two main characters. This book flows quickly and will grab your attention from the start. I can't wait for more from this author.
Mary - Buried Under Romance
Believing Evangeline (Vangie) Caruthers to be responsible for his father and brother's death, Ian Hamilton, Viscount Warrick, lies in wait for the perfect opportunity to ruin her. Yet, in spite of his personal protests, he notices every nuance of her expression, every step of her graceful dancing, and the slightest twitch of her smile.

"Had he imagined it, or had her steps faltered and her shoulders slumped, just the merest bit? Was her smile a little strained? Ian stared, searching her face. No
Tracy T.
This was a decent enough story. It had my attention enough to keep me listening\reading. (audible reveiw)

I liked the Vangie well enough, although I do wish she would have been a bit stronger female character. She was a bit too meek for my preference in a heroine. I liked Ian well enough, he was kind, handsome and strong. They did have some chemistry together and there are a couple nicely written sex scenes.

The story line and plot was decent. The evil stepmother was really vicious. The problem I
Ella Quinn
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Collette Cameron has done it again with The Viscount’s Vow. Miss Cameron has weaved a lovely story of a forced marriage between Vangie and Ian, deftly bringing the two together for their happily ever after. Along the way there are cutthroats, from all levels of society and a journey into a Gypsy camp.
Monica
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm happy to say I enjoyed this book just as much as Ms Cameron's first book, Highlander's Hope. I read it all in one day and could not put it down.

Ian Hamilton, Viscount Warrick, is determined to ruin Miss Evangeline Caruthers (Vangie), the woman he's been told is responsible for the deaths of his brother and father. When he finally meets her, he finds himself a bit distracted by her charm, which only ticks him off more. Before he can finish his plan, she suddenly collapses and he comes to her
Lindsey
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Evangeline Caruthers (Vangie) is vibrant as the day is long. She bounces off the page with her feisty tongue and very kind forgiving heart. Vangie is a woman stuck in two worlds; the Elite English Ton and the Gypsy Roma, a group of wondering kindhearted people. Trying hard to fit into the Ton she is taken for a women that gives away her favors and tongues begin to wag. Vangie becomes a target for men becuase of her heritage and beauty.

Ian Hamilton, Viscount Warrick is out for vengeance. Coming h
Candy
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this! I was really excited to hear that Collette Cameron’s second book The Viscount’s Vow was coming out, and I couldn’t wait to read it! And just like the first, once I started reading it, I couldn’t put it down! There’s some mystery and a lot of action in this Regency Romance!

The Viscount’s Vow begins two years before the events in Highlander’s Hope, so it is very much a stand alone. In this story, we find out how Vangie and Ian meet. Vangie (Yvette’s cousin from HH) is the daughter of
V. Herrington
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Ms. Cameron’s first book, Highlander’s Hope, and was thrilled to find two of the characters from that novel were the hero and heroine in The Viscount’s Vow.

From the first page to the last, I was captivated. Ms. Cameron‘s written a brilliant tale combining what one expects from a Regency romance with the exotic addition of Romani tradition and culture. The unexpected cultural mix is spectacular. The story surprised me on several occasions, and just when I thought I’d figured out what woul
Julie Ellis
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Collette Cameron has hit another one out of the park!

The Viscount’s Vow is her 2nd book, but is a prequel to her 1st book, Highlander’s Hope. In Highlander’s Hope we get to know Ewan & Yvette. In The Viscount’s Vow we again meet Yvette but a few years before her adventure to The America’s begins. In this book we get to meet her cousin, Evangeline, or Vangie to her family.

This book starts in an English ballroom during the season. Collette spins a wonderful visual tale of the colors, movemen
Jonel
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel was perfectly, wickedly innocent.

Cameron jumps seamlessly into the time period and the action with this thrilling tale of love, loss, and trust. As a reader, you get drawn fully into this scintillating tale via Cameron’s amazingly natural storytelling skills. She creates a uniquely wonderful storyline that keeps you reading and leaves you unable to put the book down. Cameron is a show-not-tell type of author, leaving her readers able to visualise each and every scene and setting.

The
Charlene
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book by this author and is actually a prequel. It is not necessary to have read the first book, this story is a stand alone novel and I actually loved this story more than her first book.

The story starts out with a brooding and angry Viscount Warwick at a ball. It seems that his younger brother just recently died and his father shortly after him. The reason he's there is to revenge their deaths. Which apparently was caused by a conniving trollup named Evangline Caruthers. He
Shasha
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
The emotions were vivid. It was refreshing to have a heroine that was half-English pulled between two cultures. There is plenty of action and drama. The servants have personalities.

A Roma princess? Really?! By the end the stereotypical comments made, especially by the heroine, were almost offensive. The Regency language was overdone--I frequently had to stop and reread, other words were used so many times that I was bored. The hero felt inconsistent (view spoiler)
Melanie
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first time reading this author and let me tell you, she is very good.

I loved the character of Ian Hamilton, the Viscount Warrick. What a great hero! He starts off with a vengeance in mind, but as soon as he realizes his folly, he’s more than ready to apologies and set things right for our poor, misguided and beautiful heroine, Evangeline Caruthers.

This was an entertaining and enjoyable read from start to finish because of authors use of a range of emotions, from betrayal ...thanks for
Brianna
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Introduced in Highlander’s Hope, it was neat to read Ian and Vangie’s story in The Viscount’s Vow.

Vangie is part gypsy and English, and has always had decisions made for her. Tired of having no control of her life, she takes a stand, determined to live life on her own terms. Ian blames her for his brother’s and father’s deaths, but after spending time with her, he realizes he’s been a fool about her true character.

I especially enjoyed the part of the story taking place in a Romani encampment,
Ronda Blanke Geiger
The Viscount's Vow

I did enjoy this book. It was a little confusing at first but all the pieces do eventually fall into place. Ian and Evangeline's story has lots of twists and turns but all is well in the end. Loved the Roma gypsy twist!
Debbie Davison
Aug 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another captivating book by Collette Cameron. Just when you think everything is resolved for a "happily ever after", another twist leads to more intrigue and adventure. As others have stated, it is hard to put the book down. I will be anxious to read more in this series.
Donna
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Collette has again done a wonderful job as an author! All of her research has certainly reached the mark. And I love the little bits of humor hidden here and there.
carol ann miller
Wonderful

I am sure you will enjoy this book as I have. It is a wonderful love story filled with mystery.
Sandee
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ereader
Very well written romance/adventure. Prejudice, scandal and subterfuge.
Ivyd
Oct 29, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Ian Hamilton, the Viscount Warrick, goes to London in search of Evangeline Caruthers. If not for her his father and brother, Geoff, would still be alive. When Ian finally locates Evangeline at a ball things don’t add up and events quickly go awry. Before Ian can say boo-hiss he’s being forced to marry the woman he sought to revenge himself on.

Why are heroes and heroines always going off half cocked and loaded for bear? In Ian’s case it’s because he believed, not his stepmother Lucinda,
AnnMarie
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Viscount's Vow is the first book in the Castle Brides series by Collette Cameron. It was released in 2013, why it took me so long to discover it I don't know. But, I am so glad that I did. This book is superb.

Evangeline Caruthers is a noblewoman but also part Romani. She tries to fit into the 'ton' but with a lot of people giving her the cut purely because of her Romani roots, and also with her trouble with remembering names, she is struggling. She is a beautiful woman and gets more than her
Lynelle Clark
I received this book from the touring host for and honest review.

It is a delightful romantic tale that takes you back in time. Although a long story the author’s writing style was fast paced and kept you interest through out. The detailed plot well delivered, the scenes well constructed, each a stepping-stone to create the plot and the characters strong and believable.
I really enjoyed this book from Collette Cameron. The first of her books I have read, definitely not the last.
The story was about
Alyson LaBarge

Let's go back in time, shall we? 1800's England, anyone? I totally got the feel of the story from the cover alone and that is an uncommon thing with Regencys I find. While I do not read Regency Romance frequently, I usually enjoy it when I do but I usually feel that most of the covers have a far too modern feel to them. Not The Viscount's Vow. I also know that in this genre, I find the same Tropes often. Now, that is okay but if you are a Regency lover and tired of the same old, same old, you ha
Jakki
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vengeance isn't sweet, but what if it can take one on an unexpected journey?

Determined to avenge his brother's and father's deaths, Lord Ian Warrick sets for London with one purpose: ruin the light skirt whose actions lead to their deaths. All is going according to plan, until Evangeline Caruthers, said light skirt, needs help. Found in a most compromising, though innocent, position, there is only one solution to squelch the wagging tongues: marriage. How will Lord Warrick survive a forced marri
Trish R.
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book and Awesome narration..

I have to agree with the other 90 four and five star reviews. I absolutely loved this book. It was so funny when Vangie screwed up someone’s name: Lord Pickles instead of Lord Pickering, for example, and there was so many more. I love any story where someone messes up names. And I liked Ian’s plan to ruin her, all the while desiring her. And I liked the fact that there was so little angst. I liked Ian’s fury when he found out what his evil stepmother did to Vang
My Book Addiction and More MBA
Another incredibly entertaining novel from Collette Cameron! When Ian sees Vangie across a ballroom, he can’t believe how innocent she looks, however he believes he knows the truth about her immoral behavior. And he’s out to teach her a lesson. After finally getting the chance to talk to her, he doesn’t know what to do when Vangie faints in his arms. When he tries to help her himself, instead of running for help, he finds himself in a very shocking situation, marry her or lose his honor. Determi ...more
Lori
Find this review and more at Lusty Penguin Reviews!

Collette Cameron has written another spectacular Regency romance in The Viscount’s Vow. Occurring two years before the events in Highlander’s Hope, Cameron tells the story of Yvette’s cousin, Evangeline “Vangie” Caruthers, and her forced marriage to Ian Hamilton.

Traveling to London, Ian has one thing on his mind, ruining Vangie. At a ball, he dances with Vangie, who ends up fainting. Ian sets into motion his plan to leave her half naked, thereby
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• To Challenge the Earl of Cravenswood (Wicked Wagers, #3)
  • The Letter
  • The Dreamer
  • The Second Daughter
  • Chasing Clovers
  • Mything You: Heroes of Greece
  • Sarah Sunshine (Montana Romance, #2.5)
  • The First Snowdrop (Frazer, #1)
  • Defiant Heart
  • What a Lady Requires (The Eton Boys Trilogy, #3)
  • Goodnight, Brian
  • Pretending You Are Mine (Patriots' Saga)
  • Persistence of Memory
  • Cross the Ocean
  • Rising Sun, Falling Star
  • Tempting Bella (Accidental Peers, #2)
  • Daring Miss Danvers (Wallflower Weddings, #1)
  • Heart of the Ocean
USA Today Bestselling, award-winning author, COLLETTE CAMERON pens Scottish and Regency historicals, featuring rogues, rapscallions, rakes, and the intelligent, intrepid damsels who reform them.

Blessed with fantastic fans as well as a compulsive, over-active, and witty Muse who won’t stop whispering new romantic romps in her ear, she lives in Oregon with her mini-dachshunds, though she dreams of l

Castle Brides (4 books)
  • Heart of a Highlander
  • Highlander's Hope  (Castle Brides #2)
  • The Earl's Enticement (Castle Brides, #3)