Start by marking “The Chosen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King #3)” as Want to Read:
The Chosen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King #3)

The Chosen

(The Nine Lives of Chloe King #3)

CHLOE KING MAY BE THE ONE.

Despite a rocky few weeks, Chloe King is starting to get it. She's figured out who she is (a girl with catlike superpowers), where she belongs (at home with Mom), and what she wants to do (chill with her friends).

Yes, she's got funky superpowers, and yes, two rival groups think she's some "chosen" leader. But no, she's not buying all that anc

Published January 6th 2005 by Simon Pulse (first published January 5th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Chosen, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Michelle
Jun 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Mandy
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome ending to this series:) After I finished watching the TV show, I decided to read the books. The books and the show only have a couple of things in common: Brian, Amy, Paul, Alek, Brian's dad and Chloe's mom. Other then those characters, everything else changed! I won't say just in case someone hasn't seen the show or read the books. Seriously, if you're looking for an awesome series to read, check this one out:)
elle
Aurora
This was the third book in the series The Nine Lives of Chloe King. I originally picked the first book up, because I liked the idea of a cat girl, and I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. The third book of the series upset me a little bit, because of it's unfinished ending. I get the feeling that the author was going to write more, but never did. It just left me a little unsatisfied.
Cass Jensen
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not how i wanted to end at all. ._.
Noel
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, favorites
Sometimes I get nervous with book series, especially trilogies when it comes to YA, because some stories just shouldn't be told over various novels. Some authors should just get right to the point and tell you the story in ONE novel. However, the publishing world likes trilogies.

description
Anyways, this book series is not like that at all. The Nine Lives of Chloe King is so good and I am having withdrawals. It makes me sad I don't have this book to look forward to at lunch every day anymore. Liz Braswell
Andreea
It was an OK read. I mean, if I was a little bit younger then I would have definitely enjoyed it more, because reading it now I felt it was childish at some moments. It doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad book.
The ending was nice, everybody was happy and they would continue with their "normal" lives.
Now I would want to, also, see the TV series and compare it to the books.
Kristina
Dec 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
I just finished this third book in the Nine Lives of Chloe King series. Throughout all the books, I just wanted more and this third and final book didn't deliver. The idea is fantastic, the framework for the plotlines is great, but it just wasn't ramped up enough for me. Not enough drama, not enough going on, some characters fell a bit flat - not much development or change..Chloe grew up a little within her role in the Pride but even that transformation was somewhat quick and shallow, the climax ...more
Anna
Jul 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Stories need to learn from this! When someone dangerous is lurking and killing people you don't need to handle it yourself even though you have super powers. CALL THE POLICE! The police are depicted as useless sometimes but they get the damn job done when it matters. This is kind of a spoiler review but it needs to be heard. Chloe calls the cops after a confrontation leaves someone dead. She makes an anonymous call that reveals the victim and murderer. Problem solved!

Another thing that finally
Victoria
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book much more then the first two. I was especially affected by the character development. In my opinion Chloe became such a stong and independent protagonist. I loved her in this novel because you get to see how much she matured and the reader can tell how much stress Chloe feels. Any normal person would have the same reaction that Chloe had and thats what I really appreciated in this book. Another character I was impressed with was Amy. I basically hated her in the first ...more
Melissa
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya
Maybe 2.5 stars. I did like this one the best of the trilogy, though it started to lose me during the last third or so. It is an easy and quick read, but it was just too crass or something for my taste, and some of the relationships were poorly sketched toward the end. Some plot threads just disappeared and at least one just kind of ended off screen with little fanfare despite being a really big deal. One positive is that Chloe was perhaps likable by book three, even if any reference to the One ...more
Bruna
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I really liked how Chloe empowered herself but I felt like this series still needed a fourth book... it closed too rapidly and actually didn't seem like a finale at all, there are so many loose threads?
Georgeanne
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fiction
Interesting read. More focused on the supernatural plot. At times the resolution felt like it was too easy/too simple, however it was exactly what I was looking for in a fluffy read.
Miranda Summerset
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A nice ending to a short trilogy, I like the couples put together & how peace was formed. Only 2 questions I'm still stuck with: is her adopted dad dead & does she have a brother?
Jax
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Elyse (ElyseReadsandSpeaks)
Alright, I'm done with all three. Man, these were not good. At all. 2 stars for potential and at least holding my interest. But no, not good.
Kat
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I am conflicted about this book. I loved some of the ideas, like violence only begets more violence and sacrifice for others. The vigilantes are not a good thing and always end up badly was fantastic Also some scenes were great. Chloe's clarity while looking down at San Francisco was nice and simple. The character development sucked. The characters who were supposed to be in love, well I had to be told about their interest I didn't feel it. The plot twist wasn't a twist at all because the author ...more
Kayla
Mar 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
if I can rate a book 0 stars I would. didnt even finish, end my suffering.
Jovy
Oct 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Elena
Feb 09, 2014 rated it liked it
I will admit that the start of this book, maybe well into the middle, was a little bit slow and dull, but the ending was very unexpected and pleasing which I really enjoyed. Which contributed largely to me deciding that this is my favorite out of the two apart from the insane amount of character development.

The conclusion of the story is much as anyone could have predicted. Chloe had more boy troubles, ends up with Bryan, unexpected relationships form (which I would have liked to see more of), C
Denisa C
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I know that many people stop at the first book because Chloe King, the main female character, is too slutty. I have to disagree. Okay, yes, she is hitting on two guys on the same time, but one of them is off limits. They can barely touch.
Plus going through the second and the third book you will see the character development in Chloe which is a really awesome thing. I like strong female characters, but I also enjoy female characters that find the strenght to do something different.
Another thing
Gary
Aug 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone a fan of Liz Braswell
Shelves: 2011, other-media
This time around Chloe is starting to get her wits about her. She starting to figure out and recognize situations as they are even if sometimes she a little delayed in drawing the conclusion. This books start at least a couple days after the end of the second book. This time everyone knows Chloe is the "Chosen One" and its up to her now if she will finally embrace the calling.

I didn't mind the shortness of the book this time around. It does a good jump of telling a complete story in a short amou
Alisha
Jul 20, 2012 rated it liked it
The one went back to being only okay, and sorta mediocre. Everything seemed to tie together a little too conveniently, for instance just because they saved two humans the curse was broken. That seems a little silly that in all those thousands of years, a Mai had never saved humans before. The 10th Blade seemed to accept peace very easily also, without a whole lot of convincing. It was a cute story, but just left me feeling like it could have been so much better if the books were longer and the s ...more
Haley Fuoco
May 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fourth-quarter
I did enjoy this book because it had a lot of good choices that chloe had to make. I really didn't like how the book was titled the Nine Lives of Chloe King but the author only wrote about two of them. Also I really didn't like the fact that Chloe gave up Alyec for Brian. What I really did like about this book was that it had a lot less fighting, and it was mainly about Chloe deciding if she wants to be the leader of the Mai. One connection I have with this book is Chloe has a friend that is a l ...more
Kristi
Oct 07, 2011 rated it did not like it
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the third and final book in the series. Chloe has accepted her Mai status, but now has to figure out how she can become the leader of a people she has almost no knowledge of. Further, there are others out to make sure that she does not live long enough to become the chosen.

She also want to find a way to bring peace between the Mai and the Tenth Blade group. She also uncovers something very interesting relating to the “curse” that has prevented humans and Mai from interacting sexually.

I t
Lizzie
Oct 24, 2015 rated it liked it
A couple of months ago I watched the television show "The nine lives of Chloe King" for the first time and fell in love the the characters and the story. I am sad to say the same did not happen with the book series. Chloe King's story of be the one or the chosen and leading the Mei is the same but I just did not like her the same in the books. Her attitude was a bit different. Although the books did get better as they went along. I also was unhappy with who Chloe ended up with. Overall I did lik ...more
Stefanie
My final take on this trilogy is that it is very entertaining, both at age 14 and at age 24, but Thomson spends too much time inside Chloe's head. I want more of a sense of the world. She did a great job of convincing me that Chloe was the right leader, but I wanted to see more of how the Mai lived and their interactions with each other, something I thought the tv show a better job of. I did like the ending. It was very solid and didn't leave me wishing for an extra chapter.

(view spoiler)
Jun 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Another fun, fast read. I was happy with the resolution of the love triangle in terms of who Chloe ended up with, but some of the...side results didn't work for me; the side results just seemed to come out of nowhere. The end of this book ended with all of the major conflicts resolved, at least for now, but seemed a bit rushed. There are also still some unresolved questions, particularly surrounding her adopted dad and what happened to him. He was mentioned a lot in this book, but nothing ever c ...more
Sarah Jimenez
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
These three books were really fun to read. True to many YA books, only the bad guy dies and everyone has a happily ever after. I really liked the development of Chloe and her band of friends throughout this last book. The tidy way this story was wrapped up didn't detract from my overall enjoyment, sometimes you just want to read a happily ever after.

This was a fun, fantasy story about a girl who finds out she's part of an ancient race descended from the Egyptian Gods Bastet and Sekhmet and the
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Hour of Dreams (The Pace #4)
  • Senshi (Katana, #2)
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 05
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 9 (Wild Ones, #9)
  • The Traveling Restaurant: Jasper's Voyage in Three Parts (Tales of Fontania, #1)
  • Kissing Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #1.5)
  • Curves & Courage (Future Alphas, #2)
  • Alight: The Peril (Pyxis, #2)
  • Dream of Me
  • Owlet (Society of Feathers, #1)
  • The Emerald City (Osland Trilogy, #1)
  • Beginnings (The Guardians of Vesturon, #0.5)
  • Before You Go
  • Perigee Moon
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 8 (Chrono Crusade, #8)
  • Fish Eyes ( A Stranded Mermaid Adventure )
  • Florence (Florence Waverley, #1)
  • Interred (Chronicles of the Interred, #1)
Celia Thomson and Tracy Lynn are pseudonyms of Liz Braswell.

The Nine Lives of Chloe King (3 books)
  • The Fallen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King #1)
  • The Stolen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King #2)