Start by marking “McFarland's Farm (Hope, #1)” as Want to Read:
McFarland's Farm (Hope, #1)

McFarland's Farm (Hope #1)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  1,246 Ratings  ·  255 Reviews
Wealthy, attractive Lucas Reika treats life like a party, moving from bar to bar and man to man. Thumbing his nose at his restaurateur father's demand that he earn his keep, Lucas instead seduces a valued employee in the kitchen of their flagship restaurant, earning himself an ultimatum: lose access to his father's money or stay in the middle of nowhere with a man he has s ...more
Published September 10th 2014 by The Romance Authors

To ask other readers questions about McFarland's Farm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about McFarland's Farm

Christy
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo 4cfecd6a-476c-4984-8cfc-b7785e0b97e0_zpsce78186a.jpg

McFarland’s Farm is an easy, sweet and sexy read.

Lucas has gotten into hot water one to many times with his father. He’s being cut off. He doesn’t have much of a choice but to go to Hope and stay with a family friend, Jared. That’s the only way he has a chance at getting his credit cards back.

Jared spends his days farming and his nights alone. When he’s asked to take Lucas in for a while, he can’t say no. Both of these men have known one another for a while. Both are secretly attracte
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Well, damn it, that was short.

But delicious. It was delicious, y'all, a delectable, bite-sized treat of CC fare.

Spoiled, pretty-boy Lucas is sent by his father to Jared's organic produce farm so he can learn a lesson about respect and earning his keep. What he finds is a hot but shy man with a huge heart. Jared has lusted after Lucas for ages, but Lucas is younger and far out of Jared's league. Or so Jared thinks.

Lucas is a huge brat at first, and his change of heart was perhaps too easily ac
Rosa, really

The title?

The cover?

However, the author?

description

Cardeno's either my first or second favorite purveyor of sugar fluff nuggets. (The other author is, naturally, Mary Calmes.) I love to gorge myself on her books like it's 8am on Christmas morning. (I was never one of those kids who paced themselves so they had three pieces left the next July. Or the next day. Whatever.) This book is quick and therefore more of a snack than a full-on gorge -- but it is the sweet treat we've come to expect from Ms. C.

Not
Karla

4.5 Stars! Wonderful heartfelt story sets the stage for this new series!

Once I started I couldn't stop. It never fails to amaze me how much depth, feeling and emotion Cardeno C. packs into a story. The characters are always likeable and easy to connect with, the stories flow and while there are issues to muddle through, they aren’t filled with an overwhelming amount of angst. McFarland’s Farm is no exception.

Jared is a sweet, humble, beautiful man and Lucas is a wild child, a snotty little bra
Gigi
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Gigi by: Susan
This is a great low-angst book that left me a happy camper. Definitely recommended for my fellow M/M romance friends who want a quick, fluffy, sexy read.

Thank you Susan for the great rec!
.Lili.
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it

Want a quick break from reality with some fluffy goodness? Check this one out! 3.75 Stars ♥
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧•°**★❧ •°**★
4 Star Sweetness

Judge it by what's inside, what I found inside....was.

Lucas...

Jared

And holy~heaven an ever so sweet romance!

The Book~

I like the way this book starts off with Jared and soon it is handed over to Lucas. This directs the pace of the story well and makes it very interesting every step of the way...it moves forward with ease, and this allows me a glimpse of both MCs POV's , which is always a favorite of mine.

That and the pure sweetness of Cardone's writing style makes her books irr
Susan
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it

Cardeno C writes the kind of fluffy smut that I can eat up any time, any place. Add in a lonely farmer who just wants to be loved? *swooooooon*

I love Jared McFarland. He's that stand-up guy who does right by anyone and has a HUGE heart and tons of love to give. He stole my heart.

Lucas, Jared's ex-wife's brother (long story...told in a bit of this, erm, short story), is a young party boy who misbehaves and has no direction in life.

Until someone shows him how to work and how to love.

Thi
Victoria  love books
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, audio-mm
Overall book rating 4 sweet stars
Audio book: Narrator -Paul Morey 4 stars
Book cover: 2 Stars

This was just sweet a bit short but sweet.

Martin
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One word: Amazing!
I just recently disovered my personal weakness for gay farmer MCs. For some reason these down to Earth type of guys looking for a partner to come home to after a hard day in the sun push all my buttons.

So it’s no surprise that shy Jared McFarland was love at first sight for me.

description

At 32 years, he is a divorced farmer in Arizona who wants nothing more than finally find a partner who sees more in him than just a brawny hick with a scar on his face. He is on friendship terms with hi
Amy
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars! 50-some pages of smutty insta-love goodness!
Jonetta
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Quick summary
Lucas Reitz is a party boy who tested his wealthy restaurateur father one time too many. Dad gave him the ultimatum of losing access to his money or going to Jared McFarland's farm, his organic produce supplier in Arizona. See, the thing is, Lucas has always lusted after Jared, unbeknownst to anyone, including Jared...and vice versa.

What I adored about this story
Jared. How could you not? He's a big, red-haired, lovable guy who was hard working, a
Susan
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
A very nice, angst free story by Cardeno C. She has the ability to write books that always make me feel all warm inside.

description

This story has a cute, but very spoiled brat named Lucas. His dad sends him to Jared’s farm to learn how to make something of his life.

Jared is a hard working farmer and pretty lonely. He always had a thing for the brother of his ex-wife. So when Lucas comes to stay with Jared, he is very tempted to act on his feelings.
Luckily Lucas does seem to change when being around Jare
Breann
There's just something about Cardeno C. that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. And then paired with Paul Morey narrating? Perfection.

Lucas, Jared's longtime crush, is heading to Arizona to stay with Jared. Not by choice, of course. His father sends him there to learn some discipline and responsibility. As he has none, instead he's a total brat.

They start out as kind-of enemies. I say kind-of because I don't think it's anything personal. Lucas is enemies with anyone who doesn't give him his w
Ann
Jared I loved, Lucas not so much.

He did redeem himself as the story went along, but it was too short for me to totally buy into loving him enough for Jared.

Dee
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it

Well this was delightful, pure sweet goodness though it seemed sadly short (or I once again need to try and start pacing myself reading-wise). Lucas was such a spoilt immature brat that it was lovely to see his metamorphosis and Jared was just plain adorable (I do love me a gruff bear with a squishy centre). There was no real angst or drama just a slowly pleasant romance I would dare to call heartwarming - in fact it was like comforting carrot soup that had a dash of ginger (because t
Elsbeth

Nice, short and sexy story!!

Adrianamae, Marco's fan
This was barely an okay read for me. Maybe if the book had been longer I would have have had a chance to feel different about this romance, and the growth of Luke as a character. But in this short story, everything happened too fast, including the sex scenes...and in that venue, I prefer one long, well set, well-thought-out, sensory, emotional sex scene that a lot of quickies.
Madeline...Just a Reader
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved Bratty Lucas
I loved strong quiet Jared
I loved the small town

It's Cardeno C so you know it's gonna be sweet and hot.

There was enough in this quick read to make me look forward to rest of the series.
MishyJo
Jan 01, 2015 rated it liked it
The audiobook book ruined this story for me I think. Lucas was way too campy. Also I don’t speak much Spanish ), but I know for sure that "saltillo" (as in saltillo tile on the floor) is pronounced sal-tee-yo.
Leaundra
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It ended up being a sexy and sweet story. I'm glad there will be more ;-)
Krissy
Despite the abrupt ending I really liked this book.
Gina
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, m-m, novella
Short, sweet and romantic, but I did want more from Lucas. How he went from spoiled rich young man to worthy of someone like jared. I didn't see it honestly. still sweet and I enjoyed it.
Bonnie-Anne Carmichael (Love Triangles Are Fucking Stupid.)
I was enjoying this but then it just like, ended. I felt like I read half a story!
Christy Duke
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm a hardcore fan of CC's and without it sounding condescending, I just have to say how very proud I am of her for taking a chance on self-publishing. I can only image how scary that must be, especially after having a long-term relationship with a publisher. Oh, I don't think she's finished using a publisher, but I commend her courage in striking out on her own, and dipping her toe in the water. With that said, let me be the first to say how much I loved 'McFarland's Farm', book one in a new se ...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, ebook, shorty, bgirls

A review by The Blogger Girls.

This was a really sweet story. It’s short, so things happen fairly quickly once the guys are together.

Sweet Jared is a produce farmer. He works very hard but lives a somewhat solitary life, having lost his mother when he was a teen and never really knowing his father. The town basically took him in and helped him along until he became successful on his own. He married young, but they were more best friends than anything, and still are. He is a bit scarred from the a
James Cox
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good contemporary read. I enjoyed it.
Manfred
Jun 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I am not as happy about this, as I thought I would be.
Sure the plot sounded great and honestly this had all the potential to be a 5 star read.
But then, somewhere near the end it felt the author had other things to do and just finished it within a few pages, without bringing the story to a close.
One day the (very sweet) main characters dance around each other, next day they are having sex, declaring their everlasting love and while in their first real sexual encounter the book suddenly ends.
I kep
Tj
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mix one gentle "salt of the earth" farmer with a bratty party boy secretly long for home and you a dynamite combination!

The only drawback, it was too damn short. I am greedy, and I wanted a longer more detailed read.
  • Control
  • Payoff (Market Garden, #6)
  • Wood, Screws, & Nails (Hard Hats, #1)
  • Going Up
  • The Shearing Gun
  • Heaven Can't Wait
  • The Lonely Drop
  • Crooked Tree Ranch (Montana, #1)
  • Carte Blanche
  • 500 Kisses
  • Ever the Same (Love is Blind #1)
  • Saving Alexander
  • Northern Star
  • Trouble & the Wallflower
  • Grumble Monkey and the Department Store Elf (2013 Advent Calendar - Heartwarming)
  • Luke's Present (Morning Report, #3.5)
  • Maybe This Time (Belonging #2)
  • Sex and Candy
4620386
Cardeno C. - CC to friends - is a hopeless romantic who wants to add a lot of happiness and a few "awwws" into a reader's day. Writing is a nice break from real life as a corporate type and volunteer work with gay rights organizations. Cardeno's stories range from sweet to intense, contemporary to paranormal, long to short, but they always include strong relationships and walks into the happily-ev ...more
More about Cardeno C....

Hope (3 books)
  • Jesse's Diner (Hope, #2)
  • Smitty's Sheriff (Hope, #3)

“He had to bite his lip to stop himself from asking if Jared could do the job naked in front of the office window so he could watch. And beat off.” 0 likes