Start by marking “YouthNation: Building Remarkable Brands in a Youth-Driven Culture” as Want to Read:
YouthNation: Building Remarkable Brands in a Youth-Driven Culture

YouthNation: Building Remarkable Brands in a Youth-Driven Culture

Youth is no longer an age--it's a commodity YouthNation is an indispensable brand roadmap to the youth-driven economy. Exploring the idea that youth is no longer an age--it's a commodity that's available to everyone--this book shows what it takes to stay connected, agile, authentic, and relevant in today's marketplace. Readers will learn the ins and outs of the new consume ...more
Published April 20th 2015 by Wiley (first published April 13th 2015)

Meg Meiss
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway-books
It's an economically driven book on the youth markets based around my age group. I sat throughout reading the book going "This is totally spot on". definately worth the read!!
Lynne
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ultimate teaching and parenting call to action! This is a paradigm shift of how society works - in educated countries. It's a clear analysis on pop culture and future for the millennials. By reading between the lines, teachers and parents need to adapt how we teach our kids to prepare them for the new world they live in. It's a world for self motivated clear thinkers who specialize in their talents and passions - so they better have some!
Cody Faldyn
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In his book Britton provides an effective marketing plan with practical advice and strategies for keeping your business brand relevant to the new economy of youth-driven cultures. The goal of the book is to teach you how to use psychographics to target younger markets, craft a brand story that will attract new target markets, build highly engaging online communities, and stay ahead of the competition.

For your convenience, we had Matt Britton on our podcast, The Entrepreneurs Library, to give a d
John Schumacher
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
The YouTube content creator is the new movie star. "TV" as we know it is dead. Advertisements, more than ever, must now become storytelling vehicles. In marketing, the only constant is change.

This is a great book for those unfamiliar with the current impact our social-savvy youth are having on almost every aspect of our lives. I think it's my own fault for reading a book explaining an industry I work in (social media and influencer marketing). It didn't tell me anything I didn't know, but this i
Kristin Murphy
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
The world my kids are growing up in is very different from the one In which I grew up. This book did open my eyes to the world changing around me and "has empowered me to embrace the disruptive societal forces at play and harness them as a force for good in my life and in my career"! Thanks Matt Britton!
Alex Devero
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: economy
The technological revolution has transformed the economy into one driven by youth, which has meant a complete disruption of the marketing strategies of the past. It’s therefore essential to understand the driving forces of the new economy: a group known as YouthNation.
Alex Milburn
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the insights from this book. Start to finish. I'm not 'down with the kids' so this helped me understand a little better why they share what they do online.
Amir
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great synopsis of the industry in current state and emerging trends, for SMBs looking to catch up this is a g rest one to have on your list
Shadi
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book reflects what Millennial (Youth Nation) and Gen Z thinks, how they communicate and where the money is. In the branding side, how companies are shifting to Social Media to create buzz.

And yes it is true that more people are connected like never before and I agree that having a facebook or social media history is becoming a nuisance therefore the GO DARK is now starting, my brother's generation (Gen Z) are more prone to that since SNAPCHAT is their friend.

What I find interesting is ho
BrantKusay
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
YouthNation is Americans born between 1982 and 1998. This book gets you thinking about how the future will be and look like because of YouthNation. Covers alot of topics mainly based around technology and how companies have to change their business and be more efficient because of it.
Jordan
Jul 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Pretty interesting. At first it seems like a no-brainer to the millennial, but I wound up with many interesting notes and takeaways that surely color my business perspective. Easy to get through and we'll set up and thought out.
Anburaj
Jul 24, 2017
Nicole
May 17, 2015
Matt Britton
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Customer Service Revolution: Overthrow Conventional Business, Inspire Employees, and Change the World
  • Make It Rain!: How to Use the Media to Revolutionize Your Business & Brand
  • KNOWN: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age
  • They Ask You Answer: A Revolutionary Approach to Inbound Sales, Content Marketing, and Today's Digital Consumer
  • Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers
  • Pitch Like a Girl: Get Respect, Get Noticed, Get What You Want
  • Merchant, Soldier, Sage: A New History of Power
  • The Revenge of History: Crisis, War and Revolution in the Twenty First Century
  • Grow Your Value: Living and Working to Your Full Potential
  • Pope & the CEO: John Paul II's Leadership Lessons to a Young Swiss Guard
  • Very Thai: Everyday Popular Culture
  • How to Invest Your Time Like Money
  • The Daily Edge: Simple Strategies to Increase Efficiency and Make an Impact Every Day
  • Rendezvous with Oblivion: Reports from a Sinking Society
  • The Economics of Enough: How to Run the Economy as If the Future Matters
  • Shut Your Monkey: How to Control Your Inner Critic and Get More Done
  • Audience: Marketing in the Age of Subscribers, Fans and Followers
  • The Distraction Addiction: Getting the Information You Need and the Communication You Want, Without Enraging Your Family, Annoying Your Colleagues, and Destroying Your Soul
1 follower
Matt Britton is known throughout the advertising industry as an expert in social media marketing with a unique & deep domain expertise in the Millennial generation.

Matt currently serves as founder and CEO of New York-based MRY (formerly Mr Youth)—a world leading social media and youth marketing agency. Since founding the agency in 2002, Mr Youth has worked with some of the world’s leading bran