Start by marking “Kade's Game (Sterling Shore #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Kade's Game (Sterling Shore #1.5)

Kade's Game

(Sterling Shore #1.5)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  3,896 Ratings  ·  179 Reviews
We never go after what we want without circling around it at least a hundred times. Instead, we play games, try to work just the right angle, even when it's not necessary.

You've heard Raya's version, and now it's Kade's turn.

He had everything mapped out. His life was a series of strategy and games, all of which he was mastering. And then Raya Capperton invaded his life at
Published August 17th 2014 by C.M. Owens

To ask other readers questions about Kade's Game, please sign up.
Sumedha (the wordy habitat) Downloading books on goodreads isn't possible. You'll have to buy books from Amazon and download it onto a Kindle device

Talia (Red Hot Ink)
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
DNF

I can't even remember how far I got into this one, because Raya was almost non-existent. I felt like her presence was mere props. I really liked her version of the story, and thought that getting Kade's POV would enrich what I had already read, but it felt like something got lost instead.

As a hero, I didn't particularly loved him the first time around cause I'm not into jerks, even if fictional. I thought this book would make me change my mind about him, and it partly did, but I just couldn't
Valentina "TinchyB"
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perfect male POV!!!!
Dawn Hurley
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love me some Kade

Love me some Kade

I loved reading this from his point of view maybe more than from Rayas. I saw his feelings develop more quickly than I had imagined. I love his jealousy and the way he cares for Rays. this is one of the best series out right now..
CarolBee
I usually dislike retellings of stories. I just skim through it when it gets so blatantly repetitive. But I really loved Kade from the first book so I had to eventually read his POV of Hooked in the Game. I don't know if it's because it's been a while since I read the first book, or if Kade and Raya had such different personalities, but I really enjoyed reading Kade's version of exactly the same story. Which it was, honestly. It starts at the same day and ends pretty much the same day. Except th ...more
Angela
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Basically the same book as the first but his point of view I love getting his POV to see when he decided to go for it. And the different scenes - like going shooting with Josh!
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Kade's POV, I'm always a little concerned when female authors write a second book from male POV that i adored from the heroines perspective, most time's the Author manages to emasculate him, not in C.M Owens case i think i just fell in love with him a bit more.

The book had me laughing out lout especially when Kade was sat waiting for Raya while she tried on clothes and his reactions to ladies adverts as he was flicking through the mandatory waiting area magazines.

also loved

"And why does
Danielle
Mar 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Skim read this book as I've read the first one, again nice rainy day filler book.
Not sure I would rush to read others in the series unless I run dry on reads.
Libby Harrison
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
It didn't really add anything to the previous story
Nareh
I liked this one as much, if not a tad bit more, than Hooked on the Game just because this one provided insight on Kade's perspective. It was a good read but I agree with some other reader's when they said it could have been incorporated with the first book as alternating viewpoints. I found myself skimming a lot of it as I had just finished the first one and this was all the same scenes only from Kade's viewpoint. Overall it was good but not great.
C.J.
Jan 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Good story. Nice to see Kade's side of things.
Lesley Book Lover
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
An enjoyeable read, it was good reading from Kades point of view.
Christine
I love when authors rewrite stories in the hero's POV!
Peggy M
Yes, this is the same story as in the first book ‘Hooked on the game’ but this time from Kade’s POV. So I hear you think ‘why would you read the same story twice?’. Well I can tell you that after finishing ‘Hooked on the game’ I couldn’t WAIT to read this story! Simple because I had a feeling that there was so much more to the story. I really wanted to read and know what Kade feelings and thoughts were. And I liked this story as much as the other one.

Strange that seeing things through someone e
Kitlina
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5* for this one
It rarely happens for me to like a book from the h's perspective more than the H. But it was the case with this one.
I really hoped that he had something more to bring to the table, but I was wrong. He was stupid, an idiot who didn't trust her at bone level, when it mattered. That bugged me the hell out.
I get what the author wanted to say about games and shit, but this didn't do it for me.
Of course it was an ok read, a nice tale to see his POV but other than that it didn't bring
TSN
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was ok

I really didn't need Kades side of a story I already read. This did not add anything new.

And it almost always fails when a female author tries to write from a male pov. This was no exception.

Read Hooked on the Game - It's good! But skip this one.
Pam
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story. I read Hooked On The Game first, but preferred Kade's version. He was hilarious. Really didn't know how to deal with women. Stubborn and passionate. Three times I've read it over the years and it's funny every time. Highly recommend.
Neringa Neringiukas
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm always curious about hero's POV, when books is based on the h. So, I was really glad when I found out about this one. I almost dropped Hooked on the Game to read Kade's. But that books was to good to quit.

It was really great to see some parts from Kade's point. It answered some questions and made me laugh. It was quirky and funny. I enjoyed this book as much as the first one. I'm looking forward to the next one in the series.
Heroesinbooks
5 KADE STARS

This is Kade's version of events of the book HOOKED ON THE GAME. I think it can be a bit risky when an author writes the same story from the hero's viewpoint.It really paid off in this book. I think I liked this one even more. Kade Colton is a lovely hero and I loved being inside his head. I am really enjoying this series.
Jenee
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!

I love reading all of the books by this author! There are few books that make me stay up late to finish, and so far everything C.M. Owens writes has me staying up late because I just have to finish it!! love her!!
Kristi
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was good to see his point of view on this story too. 4 stars.
Alisa Hilde
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sigh...
Tasnima1329
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I read the first book a year ago so I was kind of lost when I was reading this book so I would recommend you read this right after reading the first. I understood all of this story but I felt like in Kade's book Raya's charecter (main charecter from book 1) was made to be more emotionally weaker, she would so easily become upset and she was just to naive especially compared to her in the first book. The fact that by the end of the book she is shown to be much more independent and strong seems un ...more
Khanique McDaniel
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Is it the retelling of 'Hooked on the Game'? Yes. But it is from Kade's POV so there are scenes and conversations you couldn't have seen from the first novel and it is a different ending. You could bypass the scenes that overlapped but it is good enough for you to read those nonetheless. As for the future of this series, I might continue but I am in no rush as I don't know the Sterlings and have no real reason to look forward to their drama filled tales based on the blurbs & Dane Sterling ta ...more
Kerry Baker
Although not strictly second in the series, as it is the first book retold from Kade's perspective, this is always the book I read second. Three stars given because, although it is written well and the story is still good, I feel like this would have been better suited to the style of the others, told from a dual perspective in one book instead of split across the two.
That being said it is unique to be able to read to books at the same time, one chapter at a time from each, starting with Hooked
Shan ~ A ~
I actually liked this book more than the first book, which is the same story from Raya's pov.

For one I liked the author's writing style, just as I did in the first book, it made it easy to read, so the story didn't feel bogged down or repetitive.

I think that I may expect more from my heroines than I do my heroes and I would rather have a woman who is strong and secure in who she is than one that lets her insecurities hang out all over the place.

This was better because Kade was just a young guy
Samantha Payne
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! I abso-fucking-lutely loved this book. I really enjoyed reading this love story in Hooked On The Game but to be able to read it in Kade's perspective just topped it off. I find it fantastic to be able to read about what the guy is thinking and feeling. To find out that Kade had strong feelings for Raya from the beginning just shows how much of a sweet guy he really is. If the first book of the series you got the feeling that Kade had feelings for Raya but it was not 100% confirmed as it w ...more
Eleanor
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-2014, romance
5 Kade's Game Stars

I don't normally read books that are another persons pov pf the same story. I just don't have the time. But I'd heard such great things about this book so I decided to give it a go. It wasn't let down. I really enjoyed reading Kade's version of exactly the same story. What he was feeling and thinking. I'd really recommend reading this after Hooked on the Game the first in the Sterling shore series.
Izzie d
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is Book 1 from the series from Kade's POV.
If you read book 1 you will want to read this as Kade was a bit of a dark horse in book 1, not really showing his feelings until later. Some events took place that we never had any details on and in this book we see them as Raya was not aware of them and book 1 was mostly from her POV.
It is a re-cap of events but there are extra details.
Erika Shannon
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved Kade side of the story. Although he came out a bit like a constitute prick he soon redeemed himself only to lose it.

I totally felt for Raya. But these two characters are perfect together. Thank you CM Owens for writing such a great story.
Karen Lovvorn
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Poor beauty, Raya, and rich hot guy Kade hate each other . Theme his pals bulldoze her house, almost killing her. How can they find a way to live under the same roof which is what his dad insists they do?
  • Buried (Hiding from Love, #4)
  • Craving Me, Desiring You (Triple M, #4)
  • When You Were Mine (The Moreno Brothers #1.6)
  • You're What I Want (Y.A. #4)
  • Taking A Shot (Portland Storm, #2.5)
  • Drift (Silver Strand, #5)
  • Three Lives to Live
  • The Spider Prince (Desert Princes of Jikkar, #4)
  • Tangled in the Laces (Assassins, #6.5)
  • Hanatsukihime, Vol. 02
  • The Heavenward Path (Mitsuko, #2)
  • Everybody Cooks Rice
  • Fusion (Explosive, #5)
  • Adrian Lessons
  • The Right Kind of Love (Blue Hearts Series Book One)
  • G.A. Aiken Bundle: The Dragon Who Loved Me, What a Dragon Should Know, & Last Dragon Standing
  • The Class Trip (Sweet Valley Twins Super Edition, #1)
  • Stellar Collision (Falling Stars #2.5)
C.M. Owens only writes romance, but she's a sub-genre whore.

Sterling Shore (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Hooked on the Game (Sterling Shore, #1)
  • Tagged & Ashed (Sterling Shore, #2)
  • The Sterling Boys (Sterling Shore, #3)
  • Loving War (Sterling Shore, #4)
  • Breaking Even (Sterling Shore, #5)
  • A Redo (Sterling Shore, #6)
  • Triple Dare (Sterling Shore, #7)
  • Identical Disaster (Sterling Shore, #8)
  • Perfectly Toxic (Sterling Shore, #9)
  • Make Me (Sterling Shore #10)