Start by marking “Livian” as Want to Read:
Livian

Livian

Fairy tales return to darkness as a wingless half-breed child, Livian, unaware of her royal warrior lineage, struggles with the unaccepted gnarling of her roots and purpose of her twisted life. Her only connection with the outside world is her grandfather, Inennious, as he protects both her existence and the hidden remaining dragons by leaving behind all forms of society t ...more
Published September 17th 2014 by Twisted Core Press (first published June 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Livian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Livian

Judy Gill
Mar 15, 2013 Judy Gill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love this story. It's one I'll be reading again, because it makes me smile, leaves me feeling happy. Picarella knows how to grab the reader's attention in the beginning and keep it until the very last word. Magic, and dragons, and real-life fairies with truly distinct personalities and mannerisms, other amazing creatures and beautifully described scenery and events made this special book come alive in my mind.
Valarie Kinney
Mar 09, 2015 Valarie Kinney rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
This novel captured my heart from the cover all the way through. On the surface, Livian is a fantasy story laced with intrigue, adventure, and magical creatures, but the heart of the story wrestles with deeper truths that speak to the soul. What is destiny, and can it be changed? Does anyone have a right to negate the worth of another, based simply on physical differences? When the greatest of tragedies turns out to be the most solid of strengths, Livian's world is shaken to the core. Yet the qu ...more
T.K. Toppin
Sep 07, 2012 T.K. Toppin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not your typical fairy tale scene with fluttery fairies and benevolent unicorns. This is like a fairy tale gone wrong - in a good, refreshing way. From the get-go, you're presented with gritty violence that leaves you itching to find out more, and the fate of the lone survivor in the aftermath. Following the life of Livian, a fairy halfbreed, who lives secluded from the rest of the world with her grandfather and dear friend Elsa, the tale weaves through her coming of age story. Richly se ...more
Tiffany Dyer
Aug 04, 2012 Tiffany Dyer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every page of the book had a twist in turn to keep you on your toes! I love how the book has fresh new ideas rather than beating the same old lame horse to death.
Jude Johnson
Aug 04, 2012 Jude Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved delving into this world of fantastic creatures, triple moons, and conflict created with delicious depth and detail. Livian chafes at the protective restraints her guardian grandfather places upon her daily life, just like every growing child. But Livian doesn't appreciate the dangers surrounding their hidden haven, or the drastic consequences her impetuous actions may wreak upon their fragile world. The climax is truly intense, right up to the final word.
Ms. Picarella tells a great tale,
Chrissy Moon
Apr 08, 2013 Chrissy Moon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not an avid fantasy reader because I always feel threatened by what I always thought was complicated and intimidating creature names and rules. But there is nothing intimidating about LIVIAN.

It is a perfect account of a young girl who is considered an oddity in her land. The word placements by the author are beautiful and deliberate. It is written cinematically so the readers have no trouble imagining the events.

Personally, I loved how the author put a new spin on how we perceive certain
Dawn Kirby
Mar 25, 2013 Dawn Kirby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot stress enough how amazing this book is. Normally I can't get into fantasy. But this book grabbed me and refused to let go. I'd put it down to go to sleep and end up sneaking a few more peeks just to see what happened next. LIVIAN is NOT your granny's fairytale. It is dark, deep and entrancing. Picarella is a true artist, painting her words on the canvas of your imagination.
Danielle Zwissler
Review coming soon!
Twisted Core Press 7DS Books
Twisted Core Press 7DS Books rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
Thom F.
Thom F. rated it it was amazing
Frantiska Oliver
Frantiska Oliver rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2012
Ronald
Ronald rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2013
Olivia Picarella
Olivia Picarella rated it it was amazing
Michelle Picarella
Aug 18, 2014 Michelle Picarella rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorites
Scoutaccount
Scoutaccount rated it it was ok
May 19, 2017
Kat Daughtry
Kat Daughtry rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2014
MK
MK rated it did not like it
Dec 14, 2012
Stacie
Stacie rated it it was ok
May 12, 2014
Kevin Breaux
Kevin Breaux rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2014
Janet Holley
Janet Holley rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2012
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2012
Alston
Alston rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2012
Kat Daughtry
Kat Daughtry rated it it was amazing
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2015
Stephanie Longchamps
Stephanie Longchamps rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2015
January Bain
January Bain rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2012
Tina Buranis
Tina Buranis rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2013
Înnôçéñt Diamond
Înnôçéñt Diamond rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2013
Tiffany Dyer
Tiffany Dyer rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2014
L.T. Getty
L.T. Getty rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2012
  • I See You
  • The Blood of the Dragon
  • Visions and Shadows (Vaalbara, #1)
  • The Warrior's Soul (The Year of the Dragon, #2)
  • Steamfate
  • Dreamlancer: The Tournament of Heroes
  • Thunderstorm (Daughters of Eden, #1)
  • Knotted Roots (Knotted Roots, #1)
  • Other Side of Forever
  • Christmas on Conrad Street (Misty Harbor, #2)
  • The Long Ride Home (Cowboys & Cowgirls)
  • Thunder Road (Thunder Road, #1)
  • Stealing Fate
  • Freedom is Not Free (Rashard "Stone" Mysteries #1)
  • Don't Call Me Angel
  • Song of the Fairy Queen
  • Clockwork Secrets: Heavy Fire (Clockwork Heart, #3)
  • Poppy
Michelle Anderson Picarella is the creator of 7DS Books, C.E.O. of Twisted Core Press, L.L.C, and former Publicity and Marketing director for a wonderful small Seattle publishing company. For more information, visit
www.7dsbooks.com - www.twistedcorepress.com
More about Michelle Anderson Picarella...