Start by marking “Wanderlust: A Modern Yogi's Guide to Discovering Your Best Self” as Want to Read:
Wanderlust: A Modern Yogi's Guide to Discovering Your Best Self

Wanderlust: A Modern Yogi's Guide to Discovering Your Best Self

Published May 12th 2015 by Rodale Books

To ask other readers questions about Wanderlust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wanderlust

Start your review of Wanderlust: A Modern Yogi's Guide to Discovering Your Best Self
JeriLyn
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health, yoga
I’ve had my head in and out of this book for a good three months now and decided to proceed with posting a review because I’ll never really be “done” with it. For me, it’s not a book I can read chronologically. I tried that and was only successful until about page 20 and then I was all over the place. It’s the kind of book that encourages you to open it up, flip through its pages, and discover a place to land. And I just keep doing that over and over. There are a few articles I haven’t yet read, ...more
Kathy
May 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
I felt so white when I picked up this book from the library. Reading this entire thing was the equivalent of looking at yoga Pinterest boards while my soul drank a pumpkin spice latte. It was not what I was expecting at all. The book is absolutely gorgeous; kudos to the designer, but damn the content is crap. The only parts I found useful were the suggested asana routines and the articles about breath work. Otherwise, this book was full of bullshit like "If you hate your job, quit" or "Find your ...more
Cindy Heaton
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a decent directional book about finding your "true North". As far as that goes, it's pretty good. It is made up of a bunch of very short essay's written by people in and out of the yoga world (Joel Salatin, Moby). I think it's a well rounded resource chock full of ideas and direction. I didn't do all of the practices that are included at the end of each chapter because I found the cuing to be a little confusing, the ones I did try I enjoyed. I liked all the info on the branches of yoga, ...more
Magdelanye
Spiritual development meets starbucks in this beautiful but somewhat irritating coffee table adventure, riding the trend
emma
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a big collection of essays, photographs, prompts, and yoga flows, based on philosophy and sense of self/work/purpose. It's beautiful, thought provoking, and I took several pages of notes, including...

but consider this. whatever exists now is a cumulative manifestation of all the individual decisions made by the majority of the people of the culture for a period of time...the point is that our decisions are not made in a vacuum. we are all interconnected and, moment by moment, building a
Brandi
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What advice would a Yogi give?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I
LOVE
this book! There is so much useful information and advice that I can use in my life. Jeff Krasno's "Wanderlust: A Modern Yogi's Guide to Discovering Your Best Self" is an exceptional, highly-detailed book featuring quotes, yoga positions, recipes, journal pages, and a host of additional practices and advice regarding health, relaxation, de-stressing, etc.
This book has now taken the 'priority' spot on my coffee table.
I won my copy of this book
Stephanie Spence
Bought this at a Wanderlust festival and enjoy the wisdom and visual layout. Perfect gift for aspirational yogis.
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was really inspired by this book! It includes spiritual thoughts to meditate on, personal stories from various people about their yoga journey, and quotes from famous spiritual teachers, philosophers, and yogis. There are meditation guides, holistic food recipes, and asana (yoga pose) sequences to practice. There are journal pages with questions to answer or creative challenges to do, and the pictures are so beautiful! Seriously, the design and photos are the main reason I bought this book! ...more
Alissa
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
March 2018 Re-read :)

June 2017 Even though I am reviewing this book (and I'd give it more than five stars if I could), I am by no means finished with it. It's filled with exercises, essays, advice, and fun little tidbits about life and happiness and all the good things. It's something you can read straight through...but then keep on the coffee table or nightstand, picking it up, opening at random, and reading whatever is on the page. It's something I will revisit again and again until the
Tommy
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a really wonderful book, from the design to the content. It's full of powerful images, quotes, exercises, and essays about yoga, meditation, food, travel, wellness, and mostly, about making your life exceptional.

I can't say I 'finished it' yet, but I've read through it and completed some exercises and journal entries , but I really see it as an ongoing experience, a book I'll turn to frequently for inspiration and a touchstone for "True North".

It may feel a little New Age-ish for some
Èlia Viader
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely in love with it. It provides a lot of information with great pics.
Eden Marie
Feb 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Makes a great coffee table book, but it's primarily beautiful images. Not a whole lot of substance here. I enjoy reading through it every now and again, but it's not particularly informative.
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really like this, and it’s one you can dip in and out of and come back to. There are yoga sequences and playlists and articles by TONNES of really interesting people (in the yoga world and other fields) and the articles are all succinct but informative.
Heather Delia
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me as a gift. It's not something I would have purchased myself, and I loved it. It has beautiful images and loved how I could pick it up, read a few pages and then feel inspired when I put it down.
Dominique
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great book to start 2018 with. I really enjoyed it, and will probably be re-reading it one or twice throughout the year. After finishing it, I realised that I still have a lot of searching to do, but I am definitely on my way to True North.
Lia Hulit
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Beautiful book, gorgeous photographs, fun flows. I enjoyed the way it was broken down into themes and gave writing activities to really immerse yourself in the teachings and make the most of the inspirational methods and lifestyles promoted in this book.
Natalie Andrusky
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is absolutely gorgeous ! I enjoyed flipping through it as a light read, but the content seemed very scattered and this book is more of a collection of essays on different topics. I found some of the readings very inspirational, but overall the book lacked the depth I was looking for.
Saira
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: yoga
This is a beautiful book, but it is not the kind you read from start to finish. I don't think I'm really done with it, because it is the kind of book you will pick up whenever you get the chance and take something new away from it.
Andrea
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is beautiful. The content is great, the photography is amazing, the quality is wonderful. This is definitely a book I am keeping and displaying in my yoga room....it won't be donated!!
E
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Didn't quite finish
Brooke Smith
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wonder and wunder and wanderlust!
Intentional Goddess
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a book I rented from the library and will be purchasing soon, a rare thing. It’s that good and complete. So many awesome Journal pages, ideas, routines. Must read.
Faith Tydings
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that I will purchase (after I borrowed from the library) and keep forever. Full of journal prompts, yoga poses, playlist ideas and so much more.
Cheryl Olseth
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Keep this book on your bedside table. It includes various yoga flows, gratitude lists, meditation practices, ways to lower stress. It really is a reference guide to self.
Amanda Catherine
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved how this book was set up almost in short stories. The experiences shared were extremely inspirational and the yoga flow examples helped guide me through my own practice.
Kat
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I sped through this book as quickly as humanly possible while still reading and internalizing every word- Yes, all of ~300 pages on this textbook-sized book. Because it's a library copy and It's close to the return date.

Anyway, it feels like I should have spent longer on it. It seems like it's meant to foster a life change, to be read and implemented over the span of 3-5 years. It contains recipes and poses, 30-day challenges and multiple ideas for places to go all over the world and what to do
Tina Subba
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS Book. Okay , the words in caps says it all.
The authors of this book explain in a very simple way the benefits of doing yoga , meditation and simply being mindful. It has such a positive and fun way of bringing that side of yoga which will make you take out your yoga mat that's hidden way at the back of your closet ! I can't fully explain how it makes feel when i read this book, all i can say is that its so positive and i make it point to go through some pages every night
Casey
Mar 28, 2016 rated it liked it
The first half of this book was wonderful and inspiring. My favorite sections were those about various meditation techniques, Hindu deities and the chakras. While these sections weren't super thorough, I think they were still good intros to beginners (but not total newbies) to yoga. The photos, illustrations and quotes are all beautiful as well!
The biggest downfall of the book was the lack of information -- because this is the first book I've actually read about yoga, a lot of terms and ideas
Taylor Hansen
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
This book is the sort of book that should be on every coffee table in America (and beyond) and every High schools modern equivalent to home-ec 101. It's a wonderful example of when content and presentation combine to magnify each other in all the right ways. Everything from the images, fonts, & stick figure asana guides to the playlists resonate with the same feeling and energy of the content itself. It blends so many facets of the growing trends in living a more conscientious contemporary ...more
Ashley Chew
Jun 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: spirituality
First let me say that this book is absolutely beautiful!! The photos & overall design are very well done. Which is why I gave it 3 stars instead of 2.
I felt like there was a lot of information they wanted to put in the book so they just wrote a small blurb about everything but never got into real detail about anyone thing.
For example, they touch briefly on things like chakras, acupuncture, Hindu gods & goddesses, & meditation, all things that I am interested in but I don't feel

• Yoga Girl
  • Holy Cow: An Indian Adventure
  • The First Six Weeks of School
  • The Secret Power of Yoga: A Woman's Guide to the Heart and Spirit of the Yoga Sutras
  • The Soul Searcher's Handbook: A Modern Girl's Guide to the New Age World
  • The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice
  • 2,100 Asanas: The Complete Yoga Poses
  • I Hate You, Don't Leave Me: Understanding the Borderline Personality
  • The Wisdom of Sundays
  • An Hour To Live, An Hour To Love: The True Story Of The Best Gift Ever Given
  • Yoga Nidra
  • Shopaholic on Honeymoon (Shopaholic #3.5)
  • An Hour to Live, an Hour to Love: The True Story of the Best Gift Ever Given
  • Yoga: The Iyengar Way
  • The Wisdom of Sundays: Life-Changing Insights from Super Soul Conversations
  • Every Body Yoga: Let Go of Fear. Get On the Mat. Love Your Body
  • Let It Out: A Journey Through Journaling
  • Aim True: Love Your Body, Eat Without Fear, Nourish Your Spirit, Discover True Balance!