Start by marking “Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5)

Beauty and the Mustache

(Knitting in the City #4)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  18,126 ratings  ·  1,791 reviews
This is a previously-published edition - ASIN: B00MRQJ5M4

This is a full-length novel, can be read as a standalone, and is the fourth book in the 'Knitting in the City' series.

There are three things you need to know about Ashley Winston: 1) She has six brothers and they all have beards, 2) She is a reader, and 3) She knows how to knit.

Former beauty queen, Ashley Winston’s
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 387 pages
Published August 28th 2014 by Caped Publishing (first published August 24th 2014)

·  18,126 ratings  ·  1,791 reviews

Christy
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-audios
5 stars!

description

Beauty in the Mustache is my favorite full length novel by Reid to date. It was AMAZING (Ninja at First Sight is my favorite thing she’s ever written, but this is a very close second!) and I can’t believe I waited so long to read it! This one will make you laugh, cry, smile and swoon. Drew was amazing with his poetry and sweet nature. Ashley is tough and resilient. She is also fun and feisty. They were a perfect couple!

I can’t recommend this book- or anything that Penny Reid writes enou
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I must begin this review by apologizing to Penny Reid.
For I received this arc in august and I read it not too long after it landed on my kindle app. Unfortunately, or quite the contrary actually, this book struck me deeply emotionally and I wasn't expecting it. I was in a fragile space at the time, personally, due to family matters and the subject treated in your book was both linked to this and my personal situation in regard of (view spoiler)
So I read
XxTainaxX
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
FREE today on AMAZON!!

Why did I ever wait so long to read this author!? I loved this book. It was funny, sweet, romantic, emotional, poetic, and sexy! The whole package. Drew and Ash meet after he wakes her up by revving an engine and she retaliates as she would any of her 6 brothers.

There's a reluctant attraction on either side but Drew seems to feel more strongly about resisting the allure than Ash does. Drew is actually friends with Ash's mom too and things get complicated as a family situat
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Penny Reid Fans, Knitting In the City, Romance
5 Only Penny Reid Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free--It's FREE!!!
I am at a loss. I cannot address all of the things I feel about this book without taking away your personal experience of it. So I won't.

What I will share is the gift this book is ... in so many ways. She gives us amazing characters; humor, banter, and just plain goodness throughout every chapter...real dialogue and thoughts... things every day people think about and do...assumptions siblings make and she does it all with an intelligenc
Brandi
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars

description

I adored this story. I can't believe I waited so long to meet bossy and broody, Drew Runous - a sexy, outdoorsy, alpha male type, who also - quotes Nietzsche, bakes pies and writes poetry. Yes, I did quiet a bit of swooning.

He was the bodice ripper, Scottish highlander or Viking conqueror, historical romance kind; an unshaven, lion wrestling, mountain man recluse, toss you over his shoulder and plunder your goodies kind of handsome. He was both scary and swoony. I wanted to braid his b
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
FREE ON AMAZON! 7/21/17

“With you there are only two distances that matter: Here. Not here. You are not here.”

photo beauty and the mustache.png

Ashley Winston is a former beauty queen who left home as a teenager for college and 8 years later never returned. Tormented by her 6 goofy brothers, she distanced herself from everyone in her family except her mother. Ashley receives news that her mother is in the hospital and will not see anyone, so she rushes home from Chicago to Tennessee to see
♥Sharon♥
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHOOOT!! IT'S LIVE. COME ON YOU ONE CLICK ADDICTS, IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO MEET DREW RUNOUS!❤

5 +++++ Sexy, Sexy, Viking Stars!

“From which stars have we fallen to meet each other here?”
~ Friedrich Nietzsche

photo batmcollage1_zps97835025.png Penny Reid is really amazing. From the first chapter, her words and writing style holds a promise that what your about to read will be FANTASTIC. Batm was fantastic. It was amazing. It was sexy. It was funny. And the cherry on top of all that was Drew Runous. (I’ll get to him a little later i
ღFloღ the coffee addict
6 **philosophical** STARS

“We are most awake to the world and to our own longings and desires when we suffer.”

I'm legit speechless. This book was absolutely perfect to me - from beginning to the end. I can only warn you, this is going to turn into a huge gush fest. It took me a week to put my thoughts in order and write this review and still I don't feel I can do this book justice in any way. I'm just going to say it, and it's already November, so it's not such a far leap...Beauty and the Mus
Beverly
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Beverly by: Mandy
5 Bless it… Stars

“Fear don’t count if you really want something.”

Let me start by saying this is one of the most beautiful, well written stories I have ever read. From the very beginning I was hooked and it wasn’t because there was a crazy twist or suspenseful plot, no it is because Ms. Reid had me falling in love with her characters.

A little bit about me. I actually live near where this book is set. My dad was in the military so I grew up all over the place, but since my dad retired in my te
Belle Aurora
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***6+ stars***

Penny Reid astounds me.

When you think of Penny Reid and her writing, you expect a certain something.
Namely depth, love and smart humour.
She delivered - as per usual - but this time, she gave more. More than I expected. More than I knew I wanted but was ecstatic to receive.

9% into this story, I had to stop and gather my emotions before reading on.
I spent majority of this book overwhelmed by the beauty of words; something that rarely happens to me.

I love Penny's author voice, and I h
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 STARS :D

I finished this book but I'm still thinking about this all over again!It was an emotional read!The writing was so beautiful, the story,the characters ...everything was perfect! I love when I become emotionally with realistic books!The characters were intelligent !I think it's the first book that I did not only love the main characters also the supportive once..Each chapter begins with a quote!This was so clever!!!This story is about family,love,friendship,loss and acceptance.

After
Geri Reads
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5++++ stars!

Fire burns blue and hot.
Its fair light blinds me not.
Smell of smoke is satisfying, tastes nourishing to my tongue.
I think fire ageless; never old, and yet no longer young.
Morning coals are cool, daylight leaves me blind.
I love the fire most because of what it leaves behind.

This book made me happy and in love. Full stop.

It’s one of those reads that didn’t have unnecessary angst, just a well thought out plot with awesome dialogue and great characters all around. I’ve enjoyed
Jen
5 For the Love of Nietzsche Stars

It seemed he had a gift for shocking the butter off my biscuits.

Sweet. Baby. Jesus. Yes!

Do I feel like I'm objectifying Drew and his quiet and steady brand of awesomeness by posting a hot viking gif? Kinda, but I've come to terms with my pervy self and I've decided I'm OK with it.

"Roosters need a purpose. If you don’t give a rooster a purpose, they make trouble.”

Drew and Ashley together made for a sweet and lovely book, but the way Penny Reid can weave together
Didi
I'M AT A LOSS FOR WORDS. Maybe not, but it feels like that. This was...PERFECTION. I want to wrap this book around me and lose myself in it's intensity. I loved it!

I love this series, it's everything you would want. It's romantic, laugh out loud, bust open your gut-hilarious, sweet, smart, witty, with great friends I wish I knew, wonderful support, fantastic fun times and heroes that not only make you swoon, but effortlessly melt into a puddle. My favorite so far was Friends Without Benefits. I
Catarina
4,5 “SO MANY BEARDS” Stars

description

Ashley left home and her family behind a few years ago to find a life for herself in Chicago. She never regretted that decision and she never returned home. But when a sad family event happens she has to come home to her mother and her biggest support and her six (yes, SIX!) bearded brothers. Its when she meets Drew, another awesome and yes, bearded, man that will make her feel things that she wasn’t used to.

description

Their lives are different, they live in different cities but
Christie«SHBBblogger»
This book is currently FREE right now! (7-21-17) If you haven't read it yet, what are you waiting for?
-->Amazon

Title: Beauty and the Mustache
Series:Knitting in the City #4
Author:Penny Reid
Release date:September 9 , 2014
Rating:5 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Drew was beautiful and poetic and raw and real.

The end. Enough said.

Alright...maybe I'll talk about a little more.

When I heard that Drew was a poet I already knew I was going to love him. Add into that, tha
Dee Montoya
*****5++++ Pogonophile Stars*****

*ARC so kindly provided by the author.* ❤

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

photo 29138824-8d71-403c-bc00-0064e849f3c4_zps5fa46cc9.jpg

BATM is the fourth book of the Knitting in the City series, I recommend reading them all, because each book is truly AMAZE-BALLS! but this one can also be read as a standalone.

Ashley is a pediatric nurse who left her hometown of Green Valley, Tennessee to go live in the city, looking for a better future far away from the
Jill
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jill by: Didi

My first Penny Reid...er, read. The romance was lovely; the story in turns funny and sad. But it was the six hirsute Winston brothers that stole the show for me. I'm a hero-centric, male-oriented reader, so with the hero and six bearded, backwoods boys on my reading radar I was a pretty happy camper.

Lots of fun. Now, if only Ms Reid would write a series featuring the Winston brothers...

Steam: 2.5
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
4 stars

Who is this guy on the cover? No, seriously who is he? Because he isnt my Drew. I wasnt going to write a review but I felt like I wanted to shout to everyone how I swooned over Drew. So here goes: *swoooooon*

A few reasons why I couldnt rate 5 stars. I felt it was a bit slow in places, the title (I guess Beauty and the Beard doesnt have a good ring to it?), I must be loosing my sense of humour because I didnt find it funny.

Overall an enjoyable read, I liked the interactions with
Sabrina
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Currently FREE
Amazon US * Barnes & Noble

4 'Melted my butter' Stars

I've been meaning to go back and read the Knitting in the City series but for some stupid reason I didn't. So when I saw that Beauty and the Mustache was free on Amazon I decided it was a sign that I should finally read at least something from this series. And now here I sit, mad at myself for not reading this sooner.

Ashley Winston is so unlike her brother, whom I've already fallen in love with, yet she's also the same in the
Duchess Nicole

I think Penny Reid must be really smart and she must read a lot of fucking books. All kinds. Lots of variety. And I love her. And I loved this hero and heroine. A favorite of the series, fo sho. When I can't tell if the hero is a beta or a gamma, I know I'm in love.

Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover by: Paige Bookdragon
☆☆4.5 FABULOUS STARS!☆☆

Gosh I LOVED this book. Having 3 brothers of my own I could empathize with Ashley. I literally fell in love with these characters. Especially Drew. Get your smelling salts ready cause he will make you swoon! He was everything a girl could ask for and more. He was charming, poetic, selfless, caring and so thoughtful! Every word that came out of his mouth was luscious.

I don't want to give the story away, but I must say I loved the storyline. Ashley Winston comes home after 8
Mo
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this one. Ashley returns home after eight years. She has 6 brothers, all of whom have beards!!

Loved her first meeting with Drew. Yes, we do regress to our teenage years when we interact with our siblings. I know.
Loved her friends. There was an interaction in the kitchen with two of her friends and I swear I was nearly pissing in my knickers at their carry on.

Jacqueline's Reads
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, 4-star-books
4 Major Beard love Stars

Beauty and the Mustache is a standalone novel and is part of the Knitting in the City series. I am doing the audio version of this read. I enjoy audio books a lot because I can listen at any time or place. Also I feel like I can connect to the characters better.

There are many reasons why I picked up this book. All my friends love Penny Reid, I am also a knitter and I love funny books. I would describe Penny Reid’s writing style (at least this series) much like a chick-lit
Karen
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 STARS
[image error]  photo Nietzsche__by_radicalpanda.jpg

”With you there are only two distances that matter: Here. Not here. You are not here.”

Another stunner! I loved the whole book…bearded hillbilly brothers and all! This is the fourth book in Penny Reid’s Knitting in the City series. And honestly these books just keep getting better and better.

[image error]  photo Megan-Fox.jpg

This is Ashley Winston’s story. When she’s called home to Tennessee for a family crisis, she is faced with something much more dire than she was expecting.

[image error]
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★4 Stars★★★★

After eight years, Ashley travels home to Tennessee to find out why her mother is in hospital, and although they speak to each other daily and meet up annually, she hasn't had anything to do with her 6 bearded brothers since she left home to go to college.

She then meets Drew, who she is perplexed to find out is a very close friend of the family, her brothers boss, and thinks of her mother as his own. Who is this bearded sexy Viking?

This was a dream to read, I loved everything abo
Dali
Ok, ok... my review is a pretty bad one but the teaser I found is really swoony, right?

I need more stars in my rating system. It deserves a minimum of 5+ ⭐. Wow... so darn swoony, but also fun, entertaining with pull at your heart strings feels. A breathtakingly beautiful romance.

Drew Runous is THE perfect books boyfriend. He’s a man’s man, thoughtful, caring, supportive and oh so incredibly romantic. The list goes on and on, hence THE PERFECT MAN. And Ashley Winston is his ideal match. She’s s
McGee Magoo
travisfimmel1
**There's a thousand glowing, eloquent, thoughtful, beautiful reviews for this book out there. You should go read them. Then go read this book. Or just skip the reviews and go in blind. Just know you are going to read something amazing, funny, different, weird and heart-wrenching.

I had been forewarned that this story was somewhat different than the previous Knitting in the City novels. But that didn't deter me. Penny Reid is a genius and I had faith that I would fall in love with Ashley and Dre
BookLover
This story was FLAWLESS! As I move forward through each of the books in this series, I get more and more invested in the knitting group. After each read I think to myself, Penny Reid can’t top that one. But she does!

In reading Ashley’s story, I felt like I was stepping into her life at such a pivotal and heart wrenching time. Despite the seriousness of what was going on in Ashley’s life, I laughed, swooned and, yes, cried. Like I said, the story was flawless. At no time did any situation feel c
Paige  Bookdragon
If there's such a book that I 'll beg you all to read, this will be it

I love Drew.

We all have a lot of book boyfriends and book husbands, but Drew will always be a one of a kind.

description

I've read funny heroes, broody heroes, dark and tortured heroes, but never like Drew. He's the perfect combination of a viking and a poet.

“In that moment, I finally figured out what kind of handsome he was. He was fiction-handsome. Romance novel handsome; but not the clean-cut (billionaire) alpha male or even the tat
Sharks of Awesome: Beauty and the Mustache 40 112 Apr 12, 2015 12:57AM

• Killer Queen (Painted Faces, #2)
  • Wanderlust (Modern Love Story, #3)
  • Running Barefoot
  • The Chocolate Touch  (Amour et Chocolat #4)
  • Beyond Repair
  • Avoiding Amy Jackson (Infamous, #2)
  • Perception: An Experiment in Terror Novella Collection (Experiment in Terror, #2.5, 5.5, 5.7)
  • The Story Guy
  • Imperfectly Criminal (Imperfect, #2)
  • Apples Should Be Red
  • Snow Falling on Bluegrass (Bluegrass, #3)
Sign up for the newsletter of awesome: www.pennyreid.ninja/newsletter

Penny Reid is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers, Knitting in the City, Rugby, and Hypothesis series. She used to spend her days writing federal grant proposals as a biomedical researcher, but now she just writes books. She’s also a full time mom to three diminutive

Knitting in the City (7 books)
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
  • Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2)
  • Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)
  • Happily Ever Ninja (Knitting in the City, #5)
  • Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)
  • Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7)
“With you there are only two distances that matter:  Here. Not here. You are not here.” 109 likes
“You underestimate how deeply you cut when your intentions carry no knives.” 72 likes