Start by marking “Fearless Fourteen (Stephanie Plum, #14)” as Want to Read:
Fearless Fourteen (Stephanie Plum, #14)

Fearless Fourteen

(Stephanie Plum #14)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  79,815 ratings  ·  3,322 reviews
Personal vendettas, hidden treasure, and a monkey named Carl will send bounty hunter Stephanie Plum on her most explosive adventure yet.

The Crime: Armed robbery to the tune of nine million dollars

Dom Rizzi robbed a bank, stashed the money, and did the time. His family couldn't be more proud. He always was the smart one.

The Cousin: Joe Morelli

Joe Morelli, Dom Rizzi, and Dom
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 310 pages
Published June 17th 2008 by St. Martin's Press

·  79,815 ratings  ·  3,322 reviews

James
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Book Review
4 of 5 stars to Fearless Fourteen, the 14th book in the "Stephanie Plum" mystery series, written in 2008 by Janet Evanovich. Another fine adventure in the life of a normal, every-day gal who just happens to be a bounty hunter. Everything you'd expect shows up in this one... Ranger's after Stephanie in his normal sly approach. She takes on a job working for him and finds herself lusting even more than usual. But she still sorta loves Joe. Except he's got his hands full with someon
Cherise
Jun 17, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
I’m not going to give a book synopsis. What I am going to do is say goodbye to one of my all time favorite series. The last couple of books have been horrible, silly and ridiculous; this one was no exception.

The characters I once loved and look forward all year to hearing from are barely visible. The little quirks that used to make them unique and funny are now taking over their entire persona making them slightly moronic. The dialogue that used to be naturally witty seems forced and contrived.
Anushka
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
You know what I realized after reading a Stephanie Plum book after such a long gap?
That you should read Stephanie Plum book after long gaps.

Last time I read this series, I read around 7 books at once and that's why I found them boring and losing their touch as the series progressed.

Yes, these books are repetitive but they are just full of mindless fun, you should concentrate more on the "fun" part or else it gets boring for you. I had thought I wouldn't be able to read this series beyond 13th bo
Jilly
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I called Morelli and got his voice mail. "Just checking in," I said. "And by the way, no reason to get alarmed, but do you have personal liability insurance tacked on to your homeowner's?"

I don't think we have to worry about Stephanie making an eventual decision between Morelli and Ranger. Morelli should be dead soon from the stress of being with her.

In this book we have a kidnapping, a stalker, a teenage tagger, potato guns, and a maybe-wedding coming up.

In typical Stephanie fashion, she make
Julie (jjmachshev)
Aug 10, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-reads
OK. I may have my breath back now from laughing so hard. I just finished Janet Evanovich's "Fearless Fourteen" starring Stephanie Plum, Ranger, and Joe and I literally laughed, snorted, and guffawed my way through this book. I've read and heard some of the bad-mouthing this book has gotten and although I understand some people are anxious for Stephanie to make a choice between Ranger and Joe, I, for one, am just happy to keep reading about Stephanie's wild and zany life.

This time Stephanie has q
Cyndi
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Janet Evanovich has done it again. Great book! Not many books are as truly entertaining as a Stephanie Plum story. No matter how many times I read them I still laugh out loud and can't put them down. I would recommend these books to any one, and always smile whenever I do.

June, 2016. -- still lovin' it!

May 2018 — Ranger in a tux. Yum!! In this book we have an aging country singer who is hilarious! She is vibrant and tough. Meanwhile Morelli has everyone digging up his yard looking for treasure.
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
In my mind, my kitchen is filled with crackers and cheese, roast chiken leftovers, farm fresh eggs, and coffee beans ready to grind. The reality us that I keep my Smith&Wesson in the cooky jar, my Oreos in the microwave, a jar of peanut butter and hamster food in the over-the-counter cupboard, and I have beer and olives in the refrigerator. I used to have a birthday cake in the freezer for emergencies, but I ate it."/>

I haven't touched my Plum stash in a while, knowing I'll need it for
Julie
Aug 14, 2008 rated it it was ok
After Lean Mean Thirteen I swore I was not going to go out and buy the hardcover off the shelf. I was disappointed. And then I listened to the Audio book and the interview with Janet at the end. I was more then disappointed I was MAD. JE and other people I gather, since reading other reviews, keep rambling on about this love triangle. Joe Steph and Ranger and Steph not being able to choose. Choose? Steph is living with Joe, sleeping with Joe. Ranger gets what? Not much of anything. He's in the b ...more
Kelly ...
Nov 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
The Stephanie Plum books are funny... laugh out loud funny. They will not challenge you. They will not surprise or shock you. But they will entertain you and make you laugh.

I have been struggling with my health and my TBR was filled with classics which are not the books you read when your brain is mush. So, I returned to this series where I left off. In the past three days I have read this one and the next four. And it was fun.
LJ
FEARLESS FOURTEEN (Ama. Sleuth/Humor-Stephanie Plum-New Jersey, Cont) – Poor
Evanovich, Janet – 14th in series
St. Martin’s Press, 2008, US Hardcover – ISBN: 9780312349516

First Sentence: In my mind, my kitchen is filled with crackers and cheese, roast chicken leftovers, farm fresh eggs, and coffee beans ready to grind.

Stephanie keeps suspecting someone has been in the basement of her boyfriend, police detective Joe Morelli. Stephanie is baby-sitting teenaged “Zook” after him mother was arrested. Z
Relyn
Aug 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Relyn by: a library book store clerk originally got me started on this ser
OK. This is the first time I have ever admitted to reading these books. Make that the second time. I told a friend who I already knew loved the books. I am taking a big leap of faith that I don't loose serious-reader points in my friends' estimations. I've talked about brain candy before. These books aren't even candy. They are more like, a dessert buffet. Absolutely no redeeming nutritional value, but a real pleasure to consume.

These books are funny! FUNNY! They are. Yes, canned humor and some
Lindsay
Jun 17, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2008
I was very frustrated with this one.

I almost gave up several times, but stuck with it. If this had been a stand-alone book it would have immediately gone in the garbage, but since it's a Plum, I'm obligated to keep it along with the rest of the collection.

The side characters are downright annoying in this book (Brenda, Dom, Carl the Monkey to name a few) and even the regulars just didn't seem right. The whole thing felt thrown together, almost like Evanovich just wanted the money and could care
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have a confession to make, I save this series up for those times when I really need a good laugh and know that I will get both characters I love and have a freaking good time while reading it, not to mention laugh out loud numerous times while doing so. This series is just fun, plain and simple and I adore it, weird love triangle and all.
K.D. Absolutely
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
I have been seeing so many books by Janet Evanovich in my favorite second-hand bookstore. They are almost paper-thin and cost P10 (~$0.23) so I said, why not pick one of these and try. Wrong move. This book, Fearless Fourteen is part of a series called Stephanie Plum and so I had to know the background of the characters found in most of the 13 earlier books.

Stephanie Plum is likened by Evanovich to Seinfeld, a central character that the rest of the characters revolve around. Plum is a bounty hu
Elle's Book Blog
Series: Stephanie Plum #14
Genre: Mystery. Women Sleuths + Humor

:: 5 Pretty Little Stars ::

Oh man! I love this series and have for a while now. I can honestly not get enough of Stephanie and the antics she seems to ALWAYS find herself in and around. Fearless Fourteen is just as much fun as Evanovich's previous books, if not better! I have definitely noticed a small amount of growth in Stephanie (as she is sort of settling down now) and some MAJOR changes in Morella. I love how in love wit
Dianna
Jun 11, 2008 rated it liked it
Okay, my rating isn't really objective - I'll admit that now. I'm a Ranger girl, and he doesn't figure prominently in this book, so I gave it a poor rating. Otherwise, it's a good, average member of the series. Not really worth the wait, imo, but once again, I'm biased. I'm also a bit disappointed that she seems to be writing towards making Joe and Steph a permanent couple.

There's an interview with Evanovich on the web (romancenovels.tv) where she says she wanted to make this series into a kind
Margarita
Nov 25, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mysteries
I really enjoyed this series early on. Now it's getting a little old, and this book in particular was quite thin on story. I got pretty impatient with Stephanie always being called, alternately by the men in her life, "cupcake" and "babe". I would like to see this series take a fresh new turn.
Dolly
Jun 21, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: nobody
Shelves: fluffreading
What a nadir for this series. Mystery? There wasn't one. Mr Secret Identity? I'd spoil it for ya, but it wouldn't really be a surprise. Or in any way interesting. At all. The whole who-is-Zook's-baby-daddy thing? I'd spoil that for you as well, but again: it would be a big ol' letdown.

Even the funny bits weren't funny in this book. Ms Evanovich apparently got ahold of an online dictionary for MMORPG slang and made up a subplot based on it. She got some of the terms way wrong. It was painful to r
Alison
Jun 20, 2008 rated it it was ok
I like some of these books better than others, I think they started going down hill after 11 (even though, as a whole I believe I gave them all 5 stars) but until this book I have never been completely disappointed.
I am so sad to say goodbye to Stephanie Plum. She did give me many hours of enjoyment.
Darinda
May 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
The 14th book in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. Another silly adventure involving a little romance, a little mystery, and lots of humor.
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
This story is exactly what I expected from a Stephanie Plum novel :D
Deborah
Jun 06, 2008 rated it liked it
Not as good as her last few. I still enjoyed it of course, there were some fun moments as usual, but I thought it kind of drug on a bit.
I think she needs to do something a bit different. Maybe concentrate the main story on one of the other characters, Grandma or Lula, or even Ranger. One of them could get in a fix and Steph could help get them out of it. Give some back story on them etc.
She seems to be in a bit of a rut, and needs a bit of change.
Renee M
Apr 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Predictable but fun. Just when I thought the humor was too broad, I found myself laughing aloud and shaking my head. Sometimes you just need a banana peel.
Silke
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Es war wie immer ein Vergnügen :D
Heather
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
Well….after fourteen sometimes funny, occasionally trite, often steamy and always relatable books, I feel it is time to bid farewell to Stephanie Plum. I know there are two more installments left to go, and who knows how many will be published in the future but Janet, my friend; thou hast beat your literary horse with a wooden mallet, repeatedly.

Stephanie is no longer funny. What was once endearing commitment phobia, now reeks of egotism, selfishness and just a wee bit of sluttiness. After four
Aimee
Jul 06, 2008 rated it did not like it
Stephanie Plum is back along with the regulars - Lula, Connie, Mom, Dad, Grandma Mazur, Tank, Bob the dog and of course Joe and Ranger. And some new characters were introduced - a young boy named Zook who is into video games; a once-famous but now sort of has-been singer named 'Brenda'; her stalker Gary and of course various 'skips' that Stephanie tries to apprehend along the way. I will admit that I still get excited when Evanovich comes out with a new book in this series. This is simply becaus ...more
Kattie
Sep 02, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who have read 1 - 13 and are addicted.
Recommended to Kattie by: No one - I heard it was bad
I gave this book two stars because eleven thru thirteen were so much better.

When I read the synopsis on the back cover that there were new thrills including a monkey named Carl, my first thought was, "oh man, she is way out of ideas for these books and is now resorting to gimmicks like adding a monkey."
I was relived to find that not only did Carl the monkey not have a substantial part in the book, he was barely mentioned in two places. Still don't know why he was added.
Another problem I have wi
Lain
Jun 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Whew. After paying full price for this in hardback at an airport bookstore, I was so relieved to find that I enjoyed it MUCH more than the previous few entries in this series. Finally, I felt we were back to all that I loved about Stephanie and gang, without the formulaic feel that 12 and 13 had.

Sure, there's everything you can expect from a Plum mystery -- a wild Grandma Mazur, a hot Joe and Ranger, a crazy Lula, and more -- but Stephanie's quest for a missing $9 million and a kidnapped woman w
Caitie
Jun 17, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
NEEDS MOAR RANGER. I thought this book was less eventful than your average installment of Stephanie Plum's misadventures, and I thought the Brenda-related story line was a bust. But what the book lacked in plot, it made up for with actual progress in the love triangle, GASP. Or maybe not so much *actual* progress as really hitting home how much progress there's been already. I talked about it in detail over here.
Christel
Feb 08, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: janet-evanovich
I will be serious this one time. I could not finish it!! I have loved all the Plum books until this one and I have never been so disappointed in my reading life as of a book. I probably will not read another one.
how long can it go on? 38 367 Jul 27, 2014 01:06PM
The Women's Myste...: #17 Fearless Fourteen 1 2 Aug 09, 2013 10:56PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Fearless Fourteen 1 4 Feb 13, 2012 11:41AM
Ending 4 84 Jan 31, 2012 03:56PM
Join in the discussions! 1 13 Apr 30, 2009 01:27PM
  • Full House (Full #1)
  • Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #4)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • R is for Ricochet (Kinsey Millhone, #18)
  • Curse of the Spellmans (The Spellmans, #2)
  • Bubbles Betrothed (Bubbles Yablonsky, #5)
  • Killer Insight (Psychic Eye Mystery, #4)
  • 4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers, #4)
  • Have Your Cake and Kill Him Too (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #5)
  • The Plot Thickens (Fearless Jones, #0.5)

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
“The elevator doors opened, and Ranger stepped out and spied Tank stretched out on the carpet.

"Fainted," I said.

Ranger walked to Tank and stood hands on hips, staring down at him. "Tank doesn't faint. I've been in firefights with him. He's a rock."

"Well, the rock fainted.”
109 likes
“I looked over at him. "Is that a proposal?"

There was total silence for a couple beats. "I'm not sure. It just popped out."

"Let me know when you're sure."

"Would you say yes?" Morelli asked.

"I'm not sure.”