Start by marking “No Weddings” as Want to Read:
No Weddings

No Weddings

(No Weddings #1)

Award-winning author Kat Bastion teams with her husband, Stone Bastion, in this first book in the No Weddings Series about Cade Michaelson, a successful man with his sights set on a new venture in business, and Hannah Martin, the woman who makes it personal.

Published September 8th 2014 by Kat Bastion and Stone Bastion

To ask other readers questions about No Weddings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Weddings

Shurrn
Adorable and unexpected...

"...Real love is messy. It's fights, but more about the making up. It's pulling apart to find our own paths, but running together and holding on tight, refusing to let go. Love is the calm in the middle of the storm."
Don't freak out over what I'm about to tell you...
There was NO SEX in this book.
This is still a 4+ Star read with fabulous romance, witty dialogue, a fun cast of characters... And most importantly, it made me want to read the rest of the series.

I hones
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FreePuxBbysb_zps01205461.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (1/22/2015)

BLURB:
I think I have my act together as a successful bar owner, my master’s degree within reach, and a list of no-strings-attached women warming my bed. Turns out, I don’t.

Hannah believes she has safeguarded her wounded heart by shunning men and focusing on her new baking business. The thing is, she hasn’t.

When my three sisters and I form an event-planning business with Hannah as our baker, I have no idea how my life is about to change. As Hannah and I work cl
Mallory
Oct 21, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 22%

Cade is a disgusting douchebag. That's about all I can say of the 22% I read.
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 star rating...

This had warm, sass and from a male point of view that actually rang true... Wonderful. It felt like a real family bond between the brother and his sisters. You wanted all of them to just be happy and live their lives because they seemed like good people over all... not perfect but people you would want to know.

The love story was very special due to the way it was handled. Both parties had been severely hurt... their ability to trust others as well as themselves ripped out. So
Dali
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

From frenemies to so much more than friends this flawlessly written story is a fresh delight, feeling like an old school romance set in modern times.

I say old school because there’s no rushed affair or race to get between the sheets even though the electrically charged atmosphere around Cade and Hannah alone could light up a small town. No, the Ice Queen and swaggering player take their time peeling away their armor and breaking through the façades built to protect their hearts.

Cade a
Robin (Bridge Four)
3.5 tension filled Stars

Finally a romance exclusively from a male perspective and ohhh the sexual tension is so thick you can cut it with a knife. If you are looking for a story with a great build up then look no farther it is here.

photo tension_zpse9e1021c.gif

Cade and Hannah have both been through a traumatic event and since then have guarded their hearts. Cade has chosen to not form any emotional bonds but that doesn’t mean he should give up physical ones. His coping mechanism is sex with no strings.

Hannah had defined
Dirty Dayna
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
 photo http3A2F2F31.media.tumblr.com2F536d28dfb4133cff5d34c78d408913b12Ftumblr_nee0euVXBq1qc0cxpo1_1280_zpsb7ilv8gq.jpg

The author just gifted me this book!!!! AND we are friends on GR.. Can today get any better!!!

5 naughty three dots Stars

No weddings.. totally not the book I thought I was getting and just wow. Clearly most people that read my reviews know I like a little sexy time in my reading time. But there is ZERO, ZILCH,NADA, NIEN Sex. AND I LOVED IT!!!!!
*Sigh* --Ladies Meet Kincaid
 photo http3A2F2F40.media.tumblr.com2F69e63d2b28e9d7f7ecd13982ca192fc72Ftumblr_nftmkaO4a21rq5h24o1_500_zpsbonljrxp.jpg
This is Cade (Kincaid) ‘s book. The book calls him Cade( but damnit Im loving the Name Kincaid )decides with his three s
Rachel
Overall rating: 4 "Ice Queen" Stars!!!

My good friend, Dali, has been recommending this series to me for awhile now! I just got 4 out of the 5 books in the mail last week from a signed book giveaway, so I figured, what is a better time to start like the present?!?! :D

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)

(view spoiler)
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
ARC provided through NetGalley for an honest review.

3.5 Invitation Only Stars

Kincade "Cade" Michaelson is the youngest and only son in four siblings, including older sisters Kristen, Katherine "Kiki" and s Kendall. Starting his own business (a new bar) and going into business (exclusive catering) with his older sisters while in Grad School, Cade meets Hannah Martin, cake and cupcake maker and artist.

Cade and Hannah don't hit it off right away, but six months later, when "Invitation Only" is fo
Liz* Fashionably Late
2.5 Stars

This is fun and sexy:

This is just annoying:

Warning: this book is a complete teaser. I'll be honest with you, I love the idea of taking your time, building the romance, specially in NA where things get hot pretty fast, but Hannah and Cade took it to another level. I was intrigued by this book, a male POV in NA was something I had to read yet.

Cade started like an arrogant player, a womanizer. After a few chapters there was some depth quality in him I couldn't wait to discover, the story b
Cristina
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 43%

I tried...I really tried but this book did nothing for me. I couldn't relate to the characters and the story line did not hook me...

So I gave up...but...

description
Susi
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this fantastic book.
Wow! Kat and Stone, Congrats on a brilliantly written story.

I am so excited to share this review with all of you. No Weddings is my favorite Summer read!

No Weddings is a cleverly written story told in the male point of view. I am a huge fan of male POV. I love getting into the mind of the male protagonist. Kat and Stone, your male POV was simply perfect!

So how can I best explain how I feel about this book? Here goes…

The perfect recipe is made up of fresh ingr
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
3.0-3.5 ★

Talk about warm and fuzzy feeling! This book feels like a cashmere blanket by a cozy fireplace on a nippy fall evening...

Other than it being romance, I really didn't know what to expect seeing that this is a first Bastion read for me. And was that good? I say yes. If you look at my book list, I tend to favor a good amt of raciness in my romance read, but I can appreciate any kind of romance, really. If you strip away the smexy times and excessive angst, this is what you get. A nice stor
Linda Sims
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this first book in a new series, No Weddings tells the story of Cade who along with his three sisters start a party planning business. They agree on a few rules some of which are no childrens parties and no weddings. The sisters also stipulate that Cade must not party with the hired help! They all agree that Hannah who the sisters know should be taken on as she's a fabulous baker. Cade had previously met the beautiful Hannah and been given the cold shoulder by her. She has no in ...more
Deniz
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So many good things, but a few things I didn't like as well
So how to rate this? hmm...

3,5Stars

not sure if I am round up or down...

What I do know: I WANT the next instalment!

review to follow closer to release date...
just one thing three little dots have a very different meaning to me after this.*smirks*

REVIEW:

When I first saw that Kat Bastion is releasing a new series and having a book tour, all I could think was, that I wanted in. I hadn't even read the blurb nor had I any clue what it was abou
LPJ
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley

If I'd have known this one was of those books, I never would have read it. I'm well aware of the kind of thing that turns me off and a book series that stretches one relationship out into four or five books is exactly the kind of thing that puts my Kindle in mortal danger of being thrown across a room.

I'd thought this series would be about Cade and his sisters, as in each sibling gets a book. The novelty of a husband and wife writing team was also too intriguing to ignore. But the clo
Ava
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC provided via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review

4 male POV teasing stars.

First, I have to say the advertising team had done an incredible job. Focusing about the team (the authors, married couple), the story, the exceptional male's POV. I began reading it and discovering it because the blurb didn't really explained that story, just a male and a girl, business and attraction.

So with the story, there was something strange, some mysteries to be unfold because who was Cade, why, how com
Jessica
Jun 17, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
so when i quit on page 12 i had to wonder how a woman wrote this book. Because the hero is an ass that is utterly unappealing to women. Perhaps it was because I'd just finished watching an episode of How I Met Your Mother but the way he talks, innuendos underlying everything, reminds me of Barney. He's a manwhore who has zero respect for women, apparently even his sisters. I had a nasty sneer on my face the whole time but I was trying until i hit the whole "they act like they're PMSing all the t ...more
Casey
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A copy was provided by Netgalley for an honest review.

No Weddings is one of those feel good romantic comedies that you pull out when you need a perk-me-upper. It was fun, sweet and full of cupcakes, great friends and amazing family told from the POV of Cade. The party planning family, the Michaelsons, are the family dreams are made of. They bicker, have fun and love each other unconditionally. Cade and Hannah develop the kind of friendship I have only ever dreamed of. The kind of friendship that
~Jessica~I'm a Hoodie Ninja~
NOOOOOOOOO! why did you end?!
Jen
Oct 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bastion
Hannah and Cade

It took me a bit to get into this. It is told from Cade's pov and he isn't the nicest of guys. At first. He really makes a turnaround when he meets Hannah though.
Bookish Temptations
Rating and review will come closer to publication, but I must say that this is one to put on your TBR list if it isn't already!!! :)
Linda
Not a Fan of insta-romance ? You are going to love this book!

"No Weddings " will take you on a high sexual tension rise , along with a nice long relationship development written in the male POV .

Kincade Michaelson, comes from a large family with an incredible family dynammic the siblings all get along and considering that he is the youngest and only boy , he has his sisters wrapped around his fingers for the most part, but Cade is not a spoiled brat . Cade is a well educated business entrepren
Alexa Nichole Demers
My reviews can be found here...

photo 8b10f759-8955-449d-8f3c-6348c3614003_zpse17e1634.jpg

“It’s pulling apart to find our own paths, but running together and holding on tight, refusing to let go. Love is the calm in the middle of the storm.”

Cade and Hannah have both been destroyed by past relationships. Now each of them are coping in their own ways until they meet. Then coping turning into a team affair because they are the only other people that know how each other have felt. This book was truly the beginning of a relationship that was meant to be f
Jane
ARC received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Actual rating 3.5 stars.

In this story our protagonist is a 24-year-old Cade who has three older sisters. The Foursome, as they refer to themselves, decide to make money in party planning so they'll be starting their very own company.

In this party planning business, they also need someone to provide them with cakes. That's where our leading lady Hannah comes in. She's a maestro when it comes to cakes, cupcakes, you name it. After a
Leanne Crabtree
I first saw this book as a giveaway on Goodreads and entered to win it. Unfortunately I wasn’t a lucky winner and after re-reading the synopsis I decided I wanted to read it anyway, which isn’t always the case with the books I enter to win on Goodreads. So off I went to Amazon to search it out and I was surprised by the price (77p) so I pre-ordered it and two days later it was delivered.

Let me say this now; I'm not a big contemporary romance reader any more. I tend to stick to paranormal/urban f
Becca Moree
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No Weddings was an unexpected treat! I haven't read a romance novel that focused solely on the male's point of view in a very long time and No Weddings reminded me why I love them!

Cade and Hannah are both amazing characters. They each have so many different layers that are slowly revealed as their story grows with each page.

Both Cade and Hannah have been burned in the past and have dealt with it in not so healthy ways. Watching as they struggled to accept the friendship that the other offered wa
Christa
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-arc
No Weddings was pure enjoyment! I loved the two main characters, Cade, and Hannah. It was so much fun to read about their developing friendship. There was wonderful chemistry between the two, and I am looking forward to seeing where that will go next. Cade's sisters and friends made great secondary characters.

Cade Michaelson and his three older sisters decide to start an event planning company. Hannah is suggested by one of the sisters as the one they need to provide all of the cakes. As Cade a
HeatherTX
Fun & flirty!

In "No Weddings" you get a wonderful casts of characters from the main H/h of Hannah and Cade, to Cade's feisty sisters, Mace the roommate and Ben the business partner/friend. Absolutely loved the sisters and the chemistry Cade has with them!

Basically we get a story of two people that have each experienced devastating heartbreak from previous relationships that has left them both very untrusting and unwilling to put themselves out there again. The same two people who are in busi
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Authors & Reviewers: Win a signed paperback of NO WEDDINGS (Ends 09/23) 1 8 Sep 16, 2014 09:40AM

• Revenge
  • Cauldstane
  • Draw Me In
  • Barbed Wire and Daisies
  • Return of the Magus: A Supernatural Magic Thriller Trilogy (The Sacred Quest Trilogy #3)
  • The Golden Locket (Unbreakable Trilogy, #2)
  • The Land of the Shadow (The End of All Things #2)
  • How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love With You (How to Survive High School)
  • The Christmas Lights
  • Revenge of the Vampir King (Thrones of Blood, Volume 1)
  • Serving Pleasure (Pleasure Series, #2)
  • Christmas Under a Starlit Sky (A Town Called Christmas #2)
  • A Year in the Life (Courtlands - The Next Generation, #1)
  • Prima Donna (Friends First, #2)
  • Pretty Dirty Secrets (Pretty Broken, #3)
  • Secret Somethings
  • Thirteen (Psychic Surveys Companion Novels, #2)
  • Take Two (Modern Love Story, #2.5)
LATEST PROJECT:
LAWBREAKER, the third standalone in the Unbreakable series, a full-length new adult romance told in dual POV, coming September 17, 2018.

Kat Bastion won several awards for her bestselling debut novel Forged in Dreams and Magick.

Kat and Stone Bastion’s bestselling first novel No Weddings and the No Weddings series were named Best of 2014 by multiple romance review blogs.

When not defi

No Weddings (4 books)
  • One Funeral (No Weddings, #2)
  • Two Bar Mitzvahs (No Weddings, #3)
  • Three Christmases (No Weddings, #4)
“What was it with women and pushing men’s buttons?
I get that a woman wants to look attractive. News flash: you already do. We see it. But apparently to women, owning their own beauty isn’t enough. They arm all the weapons in their arsenal to gain the attention of every Y chromosome within a ten-mile radius. Why do they go to all the trouble? Validation.

Meanwhile, biology dictates survival of the fittest; battles ensue, wars are fought, and somewhere amid all the carnage, a victor emerges to claim his female. All because said female just wanted to go out and feel pretty that night.”
0 likes