Start by marking “Always You (Second Chances #1)” as Want to Read:
Always You (Second Chances #1)

Always You

(Second Chances #1)

Lucas was all I ever wanted, but he was the man I could never have.

All we had was friendship and my silly hope for more. When he left and took all of that with him, I moved on. Settled. I figured that happiness wasn't in the cards for me.

Until, one night of drinks with an old "friend" gives me a hope I never expected, but don't know what to do with.

This time, I have the
Published March 24th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Always You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always You

Carissa
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s-2015
4.5 Stars

A wonderfully engaging debut novel from Stephanie Rose that will pull at your heart strings and leave you in awe, of the power of love.

Sexy and meek, Samantha O'Rourke has had a crush on her best friend's cousin, Lucas Hunter, forever. Lusting after him throughout college was heartbreaking. Samantha's never had the courage to tell Lucas about her feelings. Lucas is now moving to California for a job and Samantha will never get the chance to express herself to Lucas. Leaving well eno
Bev
A sweet, low angst romance with what some people would label as cheating, but not me. You can't cheat on a cheater!! End of.

Loved the epilogue and fabulous relationship Lucas had with Bella.

1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Samantha O'Rourke has had a crush on Lucas all throughout college, and yet he always saw her as a friend and nothing more.

Lucas knew Samantha was beautiful but, because he has plans after college, he can't and won't start anything with her or anyone else.

Fast forward, and a Facebook friend request to Samantha gets the ball rolling again and man, is Lucas ever happy he sent that request! When he asks Sam to coffee, never did he expect to see how much more beautiful Sam is now, and it gets his b
J.A. DeRouen
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I’m so honored to have received an advance copy of this book from the author. Thank you!! I swooned hard over the love story of Sam and Lucas. I’m a sucker for a second chance romance, and Stephanie Rose did not disappoint. The start of their relationship is heartbreaking and unconventional, but you can’t help root for them through it all.
At the heart of it all, this book is about believing you deserve more - believing you’re worthy of an all-consuming, lifetime kind of love. There were so many
Barbara➰
I loved Lucas. He was so good with Bella. I actually read her story first and decided to go back and get her parents' story.
book bruin
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Second chance romances are one of my very favorite tropes, and Stephanie Rose never disappoints! I actually read this series of interconnected standalones out of order, but all of the books in the Second Chances series can truly be enjoyed without reading the others first. Always You introduces us to Lucas and Samantha and the story is told from both of their points of view.

I loved Sam and Lucas together. They each have their baggage and fears, but when they're together it's amazing. I do wish t
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 Always You Stars ~

Always You is the debut novel for Stephanie Rose and I have to say she knocked it out of the park. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I loved that it was a cross between a second chance romance and a friends to lovers type story. I will say it leaned more towards the friends to lovers story because the main couple were never really together in the past…the heroine just had a major crush on him but was afraid to
Amy
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars!

Always You follows the story of Samantha and Lucas. Samantha has had a crush on Lucas for as long as she has remembered, but he has never once looked her way. When Lucas gets an opportunity to move to the west coast, Sam finally decides that it’s time to move on. She moves on with Marc. At first things seem wonderful. He’s the perfect guy. They fall in love, get married and have a baby. Now, many years later, Sam and Marc’s marriage is slowly deteriorating. He’s jobless
Paige
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 "Always" Stars

Always You is a second chance romance between two people who have never been more than friends, but after coming back into each other's lives, realize what has always been right in front of them. Samantha has always been a little in love with her best friends' cousin, Lucas. He was older, so sweet, gorgeous and protective. Too bad he only ever saw her as a younger sister to protect. When he moves across the country for work, Samantha determines that she is going to give up on h
Faith Andrews
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You need to watch out for this debut author! This book is going to pluck those heart strings and warm up your cold nights!

I had the honor of reading Always You when it was just a thought in Stephanie's mind...I am so proud of her for sticking through and putting her dream to paper!

Always You is a beautiful, relatable tale about true love, second chances, starting over and never giving up on your dream. Sam is every modern woman of today...REAL and Lucas...oh, Lucas you are the total book boyfrie
Gia Riley
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A firm believer that everyone deserves their happily ever after, a lot of my favorite books are second chance love stories. Always You does not disappoint. It's not an easy ride for Samantha, with her past decisions ending in regret. Thankfully, Sam's character is strong and determined. She doesn't give up easily and wants nothing more than to follow her heart.

The highlight of this story for me is Samantha's daughter, Bella. Watching her come out of her shell was truly worth every ounce of sadn
Stephanie Rose
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Always You is FREE for a limited time!

Sharing My
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Always Lucas!

I loved this book! Lucas was so hot with his alpha tendencies! Samantha had a crush on Lucas in college, but the man he is now has Sam feeling a while lot more. Lucas always thought of Sam as just a friend, until he sees her all grown up. Lucas was so romantic, and so patient as Sam dealt with her past. He truly was her knight in shining armor. I'm looking forward to reading Only You next.
I'll refrain from rating this book since I was nowhere near the end when I put it down for the last time. I marked this as a dnf at 48%.

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't do it any more. Life is just too short to read a story that's not only cliche, but written in such a boring way that I just didn't care. I mean, if you find yourself skimming at just 10% into the book, it's a bad sign.

Here's what I didn't like. It's just the same old cliches all over again. Here's one of the NA recipes: manwhore/p
B.L. Berry
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Every once in a while when I'm done reading a book, I sit back in a thoughtful moment and simply think "damn...I wish I wrote that." That happened earlier today when I finished an ARC of Always You by Stephanie Rose.

Always You is a believable second-chance love story that will have you rooting for Samantha and Lucas from page one. I loved how I was instantly connected to the characters, drawn into the plot with her writing and dialogue, and found myself wanting to throw my kindle at the crux of
Malene
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it
A very sweet second chances romance. I really liked Sam, Lucas and Bella. Such wonderful characters with so much heart and love. I had some trouble connecting with Sam and Lucas. I felt I was missing more build up to their relationship. Some more wooing and courting but maybe that's just me. Sam was one strong kick ass woman who doesn't talk crap from anyone. I loved that! Lucas stole my heart with his love for Sam and her daughter, Bella. His chemistry with Sam was hot and he's got a d
Terri
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Enjoyable second chance story . Samantha and Lucas met in college through her best friend who happens to be Lucas's cousin. She always had a crush on Lucas who was know to be a ladies man, but never acted upon it as she thought he was out of her league. Lucas got a job offer and relocated to California. Ten years later and Samantha receives a friend request from Lucas, he's back. Very sweet, swoon worthy read.
M A R I G O L D
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/26/2019)! 🎁
Shannon Daniel
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Always You is the best second chance at love book I've read in a very long time. From page one I was captivated with the writing, the characters, and the story. I was completely taken with Samantha. She was in love with her good friend, Lucas, who was leaving to go work in California. She had worked up the nerve a couple of times to tell him how she felt but always chickened out before she was able to tell him. She knew Lucas looked at her as just a friend and a sister type. But she couldn't qu ...more
Milot
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"""He was more than just a crush, or the man of my dreams. He was the other half of my soul, my Superman who would always rescue me—even from myself....... He completed me in every way possible."""

5 baby girl superman stars

I'm lucky enough to received an ARC of this debit book by ms Rose and gosh I love it so much. Always you is one great story of second chance love, friendship, never losing hope and a journey in finding your happy ever after and true love.

Sam and LuCAS story felt all REAL. Th
Lia
I really enjoyed this book. It was a pretty easy read and I was engrossed through every page. This was just an honest to god {second chance} love story. I needed a book like this.

"You gave me the courage to fight for what I wanted, and I never wanted anything more than you. Always you.”

I feel like it needs to be said that I don't condone cheating in any form or fashion. It's wrong and hurtful to everyone involved. BUT... Marc was a grade-A asshole and I honestly don't feel bad for him at all.

I
Kimberly Rose
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was honored to receive an ARC from the author. It is hard to believe this is Stephanie Rose's debut book. The plot line moves effortlessly, leaving the reader craving more. I COULD NOT put it down. I loved the characters. The author developed them beautifully throughout the story. They grow, they change, they are flawed, and they are completely believable. So much of this book captured my heart, and had me gripping my chest. I can't wait to read more from Stephanie Rose. (less)
Stacia
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Stars...

This was a great debut novel from a new author! Some of the topics in this book are hard to write about and do them justice, I think Stephanie Rose nailed it!

Not to mention, there is a new bookboyfriend in town... Lucas Hunter is sweet, loving, sexy, and oh-so-swoon worthy!

Lucas looked like he was fighting with himself to pull away.

"Tell me to stop. Tell me to stop kissing you and I will..."

I look forward to reading more from this author!
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm so glad that she got what she wanted in the end. The guy she was married to was a complete ass. I'm surprised she stayed with him that long. You knew it was bad when the daughter didn't even care if she saw him again or not. Thankfully the right man came along and showed both of them what a real man looks like.
Jen
Aug 28, 2014 added it
Great debut novel! Review to come on the blog :)!
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of KU Book Reviews

RATING: BUY IT

“The only woman for me is you. The only woman I’ve ever loved is you. Always you.”

I may not have read her books before, but I’ve been a fan of Stephanie Rose for a while. Her covers, her blurbs, her reviews—all of it has made me want to get my hands on her books. However, in the way of most bloggers/reviewers/bookworms, my intimidating TBR stopped me from being able to do so.

Until now.

When Ms. Rose participated in #BedtimeStoryInTheKorner in KU
Rebecca Bistel
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Second Chance

I absolutely loved this book.

Possible Spoiled...

Samantha and Lucas were so adorable together. I do not normally read books with any hint to cheating however this book was written so tastefully that I think it showed a very real aspect of today's society without being over done. I also loved that Sam and Lucas had real life struggles for a couple in their 30s. Having to deal with divorce and custody made this book more real.

Ms Rose is a new to me author and I cannot wait
Hope~The Click Happy Clicker
I think I'm fangirling over Stephanie Rose. This book didn't let me down. It was such a sweet, fun read for me. Now it's on to the next book in this series!
Selma
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for second chance love stories. As a true romantic at heart I believe that there is a soulmate for everyone of us. Someone who is going to make us feel whole. Always You shows how two people who weren't meant to get together when they were young were given a second chance at it many years later. They know that they have always been perfect for each other but timing was never on their side. Their journey to a HEA is going to be a bumpy road full of ups and downs. But trust me, the en ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Merging two editions to one 3 20 Mar 27, 2015 07:55PM

• Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Wrapped in Lace
  • Then There Was You (So Much It Hurts, #2)
  • Third Strike (Chances, #3)
  • Late Last Night (Montana Riverbend, #1)
  • The Marrying Type
  • Belong (Seven Year Itch, #3)
  • Wanted: Found (Kindle Worlds Novella)
  • Over Easy (The Continental Breakfast Club, book 1)
  • The Late Blossoming of Frankie Green
  • Hollywood & Vine
  • The Last Shot
  • Snowflakes & Fire Escapes
  • Easy Silence
  • Vision of Hope (Infinity, #3)
  • Saving Evangeline
  • Redemption (The Sin Trilogy, #6)
  • Raven (Fight or Flight, #1)
Stephanie Rose is a bad-ass New Yorker, a wife, a mother, a former blogger and lover of all things chocolate. Most days you'll find her trying to avoid standing on discarded LEGO or deciding which book to read next. Her debut novel, Always You, released in 2015 and since then she's written several more—some of which will never see completion—and has ideas for hundred to come.

Second Chances (3 books)
  • Only You (Second Chances #2)
  • After You (Second Chances #3)