Start by marking “Eva, Kopi and Matcha” as Want to Read:
Eva, Kopi and Matcha

Eva, Kopi and Matcha

Published June 2014 by Candid Creation Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Eva, Kopi and Matcha, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Matcha this book is very helpful, seemore review at ? http://uji-matcha.vn

Sooraya Evans
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Cute.
Alyssa J.
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's a breezy comic book with funny daily situations in Japan and China, though Penang makes an appearance at the end.

As a Malaysian who hasn't fully experienced Singapore or Japan, it was a funny and sometimes surprising glimpse into both cultures.

My favourite comic in the entire book has to be "Crows in Japan". Made me literally laugh out loud.
Adan
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Some of the comics were legitimately funny, but the book could have been much stronger with a really good editor to help the strips and the language shine brighter.
Wendy
Dec 23, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a fun comic! It's stereotyping of course, as no 2 people are ever the same, but in a fun way and not offensive. It makes me miss Japan and reflect on good and bad sides of both Japan and Singapore (and the rest of South East Asia at least). I think it's a good, fun read for everyone who has or hasn't travelled abroad. For people who haven't, then it's an eye opener that other people have different way of thinking. And for people who have, it's a reminder to always pick the good habits of ...more
Nurhidayah
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a comic book that comparing cultures between Japanese & Singaporean in a very funny way. The main characters in this comic books are: Eva (the author), Coffee (her imaginary pet friend in form of dog) and Matcha (her imaginary pet friend in form of cat). If you are looking for a light reading material yet informative, I suggest this book to you. I could not stop giggling while browsing through the pages !

Khamis, 14/12/2017
Ada
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: grade-7
A funny comic book comparing Japan and Singapore.
Daniel
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hilariously funny! The comics describe the many differences between Singaporean and Japanese life. Of course both has its pros and cons.
Fanny
Feb 10, 2016 rated it liked it
I've been a fan of the author ever since I discovered her online comics. I used to live in Japan before and living in Singapore now, I totally can relate to her experiences as a Singaporean in Japan.

If you need a good laugh and interested to know how life in Japan, pick this up :)
Hikaoru
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
The comparison between Singapore and Japan is funny, a glimpse of a country that's not my own.
I think what made it funny was that somehow, the positive things that we associate with those country is a hassle to the people who actually lived there.
Maktimah #20sen
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book much likely about the difference between Singapore and Japan. Eva dislike somebody call her auntie. Eva is a Singaporean ,though. The comics is funny. Eva is travelling in Japan with her imaginary pets, Kopi and Matcha. And the drawing is very nice.
Joy (Cheery♡Reads)
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
I love it....
Jessica
Nov 28, 2014 rated it liked it
An entertaining light-hearted read.
Not meant to be taken too seriously.
Asna
Jun 29, 2016 rated it liked it
I like a quick read.
Skye
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute!
Yiling
Aug 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Somewhat superficial in its comparison of Japanese and Singapore culture, but I don't think I'm meant to take this volume too seriously.
Angie