Start by marking “Daniel's Esperanza” as Want to Read:
Daniel's Esperanza

Daniel's Esperanza

A rancher and his wife provide a haven for wild mustangs on ten thousand acres in northern New Mexico. Unable to have children of their own, they also provide a home to a broken and abused teenage boy from Virginia. Their wild horse sanctuary gives comfort to the boy, while the family faces challenging actions and lies from a vindictive neighbor and the threat of the boy's ...more
Published August 14th 2014 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Daniel's Esperanza, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daniel's Esperanza

Start your review of Daniel's Esperanza
Veronica
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It took a long time to get this book published...and it's very special to me. I hope everyone who reads the story enjoys it. From start to finish, it's like one of your children. Because of this, a five star rating from this biased author.
Usha Appalaneni
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I quite enjoyed reading this book. It's a pretty easy read with a very nice theme. I've never known much about horses or the condition in which wild horses are treated so I found the book to be very informative, as well. The book starts with Daniel, a teenager with an abusive past, already in his new home with the Carpenters. His past rears its ugly head throughout the story but that isn't the only source of conflict. Much of the story deals with the antagonism from the Carpenters' neighbors, ...more
Angie
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Synopsis: "A rancher and his wife provide a haven for wild mustangs on ten thousand acres in northern New Mexico. Unable to have children of their own, they also provide a home to a broken and abused teenage boy from Virginia. Their wild horse sanctuary gives comfort to the boy, while the family faces challenging actions and lies from a vindictive neighbor and the threat of the boy's biological father resurfacing.

Under the backdrop of Native American culture and New Mexico ranch life, Daniel
Meredith Hillenbrand
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The author did her research, the characters were developed, and my questions were answered throughout the story. I felt the plot flowed nicely as well. The author's descriptions of characters and scenes were well-written, I became part of the story many times. None of the descriptions were tedious, though. I loved learning more about the wild mustangs, and there is even some intrigue and romance in the book.

Stacey
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This was a wonderful and sweet book. As a lover of horses ( I have five of my own), and a believer that wild horses should be left alone, I was predisposed to love this book; I was not disappointed. The story was about family and the healing power of love. After finishing, I immediately gave the book to my Mom, and she dearly loved it. I want to thank Goodreads and the author Veronica Randolph Batterson for this giveaway which I was fortunate to win.
Anita
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming.
This book was an easy read book.I have given it to a young girl that has two horses of her own. She will love it. I really enjoyed reading this book. Thank you goodreads and Veronica Batterson.
Gloria
Oct 22, 2014 rated it liked it
This is an easy to read, accessible book about abuse of both children and animals. Hope and love arising out of the turmoil is a strong theme. Horse lovers will especially love the focus on the wild mustangs and how people are working to save and protect them.

It seemed like the book perhaps took on too many types of characters: childless woman, bipolar mother, abusive father, possibly gay biological father, sociopath teen, and so on. Some of the focus and story tension was watered down because
Janet Arroyo
Margaret
Aug 27, 2014
Ms. Reader
Aug 28, 2014
Veronica Randolph Batterson is the author of the novels, WILLIAMSBURG HILL, and DANIEL'S ESPERANZA, and the middle grade books of fiction, BILLY'S FIRST DANCE, and FUNNY PAGES. She is also a visual artist and photographer. After living many years in Chicago, Veronica now resides in Memphis, TN.

Her artwork can be viewed at www.veronica-batterson.pixels.com. Follow her on Twitter (@VRBatterson), and
“When you turn around, you'll see something I bet you've never seen before. If it takes your breath away, then you'll fit in nicely. If you don't feel anything, then maybe you don't belong here.” 2 likes
“Stallions," Frank said, "they're fightin' over a girl. - DANIEL'S ESPERANZA” 0 likes