Start by marking “Очи сини коси черни” as Want to Read:
Очи сини коси черни

Очи сини коси черни

„Тя го знае: даже когато настъпи последната нощ, едва ли ще си струва да се отбележи, защото това ще бъде началото на една друга история, историята на тяхната раздяла.
Той не разбира много-много какво казва тя, неговите истории винаги са били много кратки, обречени. Историята с младия странник с очи сини коси черни е най-дългата, колкото повече време минава, но това е зарад
Published 2014 by Прозорец (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Очи сини коси черни, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Очи сини коси черни

Start your review of Очи сини коси черни
Antonomasia
Sep 22, 2019 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Antonomasia by: Momus lyrics
Not my sort of thing. Apologies to GR friends who love this book. (Though I've now noticed that some others friends' opinions of Duras' most famous book, The Lover (1984) are similar to mine about this one.)

It's the mood and sparseness that I didn't like, in this archetypally French, archetypally arthouse novella of hard-to-define, emotionally and sensually charged encounters between a predominantly gay man and a straight woman - and the attraction they both have to another man. The two unnamed
DoctorM
An odd and unsettling book...

An unnamed seaside town in an unnamed country, there at season's end. In a room in a rented house is a couple. They are together at twilight, naked, but not lovers, or at least not lovers in any usual sense. She is beautiful, young, damaged, ghostly. He is slightly older, gay, no less alone. And there in the dusk, they...talk. About love and lovers, about their lives and about what they've lost and the people they've seen vanish.

This is a lovely, eerie, sad, melanch
Nate D
Jun 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the lovers, the doomed
Recommended to Nate D by: the hypnosis of the waves beyond the terrace
Basically concurrently with the film series at the Spectacle, and now extending beyond, I've been devouring Duras' novels lately. But strangely, no one work really obviously stands apart from the other for me -- they're more like movements of some larger work constructed of many disparate voices and even mediums, converging around her central obsessions.

Particularly, her 80s work, her late inventions and stylistic evolution. This one glides especially along with Duras' fantastically minimal 198
Luís
Here is a wholly subversive and disconcerting work. How to say? I have the impression that it shelters the quintessence of the New Roman in its pages; we find all the characteristics specific to this literary movement: the external focus, the characters whose identity never revealed to us, and this non-existent diegesis. It is an utterly striking story that Marguerite Duras offers us. In a seaside resort, inside a hotel, man and woman are entirely captivated by a handsome stranger with "blue eye ...more
Jeremy
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a weird, entrancing little book. Duras writes about a messed up love affair using these short, elliptical, almost hypnotic paragraphs. Everything seems to loop and feedback into itself, love becomes memory, becomes desire, becomes obsession, becomes death, etc. It's a weirdly visual book, you can almost see how a moody, black and white film version of this would work would unfold through itself. Duras has a gorgeous, brooding pensiveness all her own.
Lucy Qhuay

Well, this didn't make any sense to me.

This is a story about a man who sees a blue-eyed, black-haired foreigner, next to an equally blue-eyed woman, and instantly desires said man.

Not seeing him again, nor knowing what to do, but meeting the woman later, he strikes a weird deal with her, in which she is to live with him, so as 'he doesn't go mad'.

The story goes on about the weirdness that comes from the absurdity that was that deal.

The woman apparently desires that man, who desires the other man
S̶e̶a̶n̶
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018

Somewhat inadvertently, due to illness and travel, I ended up taking a week-long break from this, which is not the ideal way to read a Duras novel. Most are best read in one sitting, if possible. This one bears similarities to The Malady of Death and The Man Sitting in the Corridor, although I prefer those two over this one. Familiar themes of the difficulties of intimacy and the variable nature of love, draped in the vague eroticism that Duras specializes in. Form-wise there is an interesting t
Rebecca
Apr 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tis impossible to read Duras without a contagion of longing.

"It was there that it happened. The love I haven't talked to you about - it was there. There that I saw for all time a young foreigner with blue eyes, black hair, the one I wanted to die for that evening with you in the cafe by the sea."

"She says people ought to learn to live like them, with the body abandoned in a wilderness, and in the mind the memory of a single kiss, a single word, a single look to stand for a whole love."

*rests c
Xandra
Her unique style will make me come back to Duras over and over again. She is one of the most efficient and seductive writers. She conveys only what is needed, never over-explains, never oversimplifies. Her stories are clear and devastating for the reader who takes the time to search the depths of her sparse prose.

This book is almost like an extended version of La maladie de la mort, with the difference that here the man is gay and the relationship with the woman is less physical but just as, if
sara
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 more likely. I can't exactly find words to describe my experience with this book, I am also pretty sure I did not understand everything in it, even if I enjoyed it quite a lot (but do yourself a favor and don't start it when you're supposed to study, because it does weird things to you and it's not as easy to read as initially thought) and all in one, it was a weird experience.

((for ~6 months, i will still write my reviews only in very few sentences, i'm sorry!! i just don't have the time o
Cody
It's been two years, I don't remember shit. Wait! It was fucking amazing; I do remember that much. The opening to the rabbit hole for me.
Emily
Jul 08, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a novel about a gay man and a straight woman in room together naked. That's about it. I found it mildly entertaining.
Alshia Moyez
Sep 17, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: avoid-this-mess
This is the first time in my life I've EVER given a book a 1 star before. Now, I've been a hardcore fan of this author's for so long I can't even remember. Her book, THE LOVER drew me in and made me a fan. I'm also a fan of THE NORTH CHINA LOVER (which is a longer, revised version of The Lover). I've tried to convert friends over to Duras, only for them to tell me they couldn't get into her work. Lucky for me they didn't get to this horrible book I'm about to review right now.

At 60 pages, it was
Marcos
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pleasure came down from above and took possession of us, did away with us, swept us away forever, and then vanished.

They stayed like that a long time, eyes closed, afraid. When they woke, once more they both were weeping, eyes turned to the wall, in shame.

I’m like you now, emerging from some long mysterious suffering of which I don’t know the cause.

An evocative two-hander of a novel, it is about a bisexual man who meets a woman who resembles a man he had once been infatuated . Curious about hi
Jivana Drenth
Mar 01, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I would enjoy this book because I enjoy Marguerite Duras work, but unfortunately I didn't. I thought it was so confusing and repetitive. At the beginning I thought once I get a hold of it I'll start comprehending it and therefore enjoying it, but I just couldn't wrap my head around it.
In the description of the copy I got from my local library, there's a commentary that Duras made about this book, she says that we should read it even if we hate it, we should just read it because neithe
Alison
Mar 25, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first third of the book because I like Duras' writing style, but I cannot say that I liked the book. I never connected with either of the characters in a way that made me give a damn about what happened to them. There is a good reason that this is the least often read and studied of Duras' work.
lapetitesouris
I don't know what I think about this one. Teetering on a 2 or 3. Duras herself said "even if you hate it on principle, read it".

I suppose nobody does agony & longing quite like Duras. There were some typical dreamy lines littered throughout, which makes it worth it. But otherwise I could sum it up with so much crying over nothing. Seemed a bit self indulgent to me.
Jimmy
This wasn't as good as The Lover... and I think the other one I read was North China Lover? Not sure, since it seems like all her books cover the very same territory, this one included. Which I am getting kinda bored of.
Histteach24
Apr 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not her best but beautifully written. Painfully insightful to longing for someone we can't have...
Adrian Gheorghe
May 07, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely not my cup of tea.
Catarina K
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My personal favorite by Duras.
V Mignon
"Hell is other people."
Jean-Paul Sartre, from No Exit

On the coast of an unknown country, a man and a woman reside in a house by the ocean. He has paid her to come and stay with him. She lies down on the floor, sometimes sleeping, sometimes awake, but always naked. There is nothing physical between them. The woman pines for a man she once met but has since disappeared from her life. The man was sexually awakened upon seeing another man with blue eyes and black hair. They reside within walls, list
Steven
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Duras: a masterpiece. One of her best and favorites to me so far.
Stephen B
Another reviewer said they felt that none of Duras's books stood out, but that all her novels go to form a kind of interconnected tangle of themes and stories and obsessions that suggest an ambiguous whole; somewhere.

I'm not quite sure why feel bound to her novels, although it may be I'm more attracted to her way of expressing ideas so obliquely: I don't really understand them, but yet sense intuitively what they might mean. As if its just the mood I'm responding to. And - this confounds me - I
Mary
Jul 12, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-the-library
Robert Steiner put it best in his LA Times Review: "The problem with this novel is that in its effort to evoke mystery, it is woefully precious and sentimental. The characters do not so much feel as wax poetic. They are in fact too immature in their passions to be dramatic for very long, and since they are more temperament than flesh, more given to tableaux than action, it is difficult to be concerned with their fates. Theirs is the sort of despair that evokes irritation rather than sympathy, bo ...more
Lydia Swartz
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite of Duras. Also pretty much the most erotic book I've ever read. Yep. It's true. This is true kink, before it was a genre & a friggin' industry. Without all that tiresome 90s strutting about & the endless outfits & equipment that litter most so-called kinky lit. Also, this is Duras at her economical, lyrical, alcoholically brilliant best.

If you're hopelessly vanilla, then I suppose this might be mystifying/boring to you.
Antonia
This is a book that you can't forget it too easily. And you can't also make a simplu review. It's mind blown. This woman, meets this man, and somehow, she's in his house, with a black scarf on her eyes. No, he didin't kidnap her. He is gay. And she is with the man that he loves. That man has blue eyes and black hair. I don't know how to describe anything else, so I'm gonna let you read it. :)
Dawn
Feb 20, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Duras has this tough face. Her novels, when they're good, take on the functionality of her face. This one goes so fast and is hard on you. It is looking, in a way, right there. It is looking around at nothing, without anything to see for sheesh for years.
Terry
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Strange. Weird. Yet compelling.
Gary Lee
A bit too conceptual for my tastes.
round and round 1 18 Apr 24, 2007 07:03AM

• Princípio de Karenina
  • O Filho de Mil Homens
  • Hayat, Mutsuz Olmak İçin Çok Kısa: Aforizmalar
  • O Ana Adanmış
Marguerite Donnadieu, better known as Marguerite Duras (pronounced [maʀgəʁit dyˈʁas] in French) (April 4, 1914 – March 3, 1996) was a French writer and film director.

She was born at Gia-Dinh, near Saigon, French Indochina (now Vietnam), after her parents responded to a campaign by the French government encouraging people to work in the colony.

Marguerite's father fell ill soon after their arrival,