Start by marking “Dead Islands (Necrose, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dead Islands (Necrose, #1)

Dead Islands

(Necrose #1)

BEN CHASE and his friend TY are fresh from teaching English in South Korea, and they’re on their way to experience the Big Island of Hawaii – but their vacation turns into a nightmare when two passengers unexpectedly die during their flight.

Desperate to recover their sense of excitement, they meet up with Ty’s friend Anuhea and her friend Charlotte, who Ben finds himself i
Paperback, 1st edition, 218 pages
Published August 14th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Dead Islands, please sign up.

Heather Langston
This is a typical zombie book. Two guys go on vacation, meet up with 2 girls, zombie virus spreads...and, well, the usual. This was a short read, finished in about 2 hours. I would have liked more..."meat" or depth to the story (and no, not meaning more zombies). Towards the end, it did seem like I would get something other than zombies running around or the foursome hanging out (a little back story, what caused the zombies...something) but then it ended. I read zombie/apocalyptic books not real ...more
Nancy Silk
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Stay In, Lock The Doors, And Read This Great Zombie Story"

In Shanghai, China, Darius Johnson always walks down an alley, a shortcut to the factory where he works. There has always been litter and trash, but this is the first time he's come across a dead man ... one who had horror on his face and his stomach eviscerated. With trepidation he decides to keep walking, fearing if he called the Chinese police, he'd be the one to wind up in prison. There are screams and as he comes to the main street,
Theresa Filibeck
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really great start

This is going to be a blockbuster series, it's smart and has a great storyline, the character line is one that you'll find you like and want them to survive, they're likable and the main character is a affable heroic young guy who has a zest for life he hasn't known he has until life is threatened. All in all a very enjoyable read.
Dominee
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really well done.

Looking forward to reading more! Great start to the series. It's so hard to balance romance + apocalypse without it being obnoxious, which is usually my number one complaint. You navigated beautifully!
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Soft review**

I read this book in a couple hours. I hadn't read a zombie horror book in quite a while. I was thirsty *haha*. This was quite honestly a good read. I gave it 5 stars because the story was well paced. It had some predictability as does all zombie horror. It spreads the hero fights a horde then wants to get home to his family. Overall I rated it highly because i plan on reading the next book in the series Dead Horde
Sally Balboa
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm a sucker for zombie stories of any kind. I Have been ever since birth, so it's no surprised that I really enjoyed reading this. Had the perfect amount of gore and personal tragedy poured in, for my taste anyway.

Dead Islands is set in Hawaii, two back packers have come her to vacation for adventure and perhaps a good looking girl or two. From the time Be and Ty get to Hawaii they encounter zombie attacks every turn and like most people they put it off as a weird disease, until they get to the
Allie Burke
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-read
I was super stoked to get my hands on this book after following Tim Moon's many adventures and finding similar tastes in literature via his reviews on Geeks Unleashed and Quest for Books. I have a paperback of this novel due to my Kickstarter Backery, and I just have to say in person the cover is awesome; it reminds me of a comic book.

And the book is awesome too: it is a very solid zombie novel. Dead Islands is written in such a way that the reader is fluidly pulled along the storyline itself w
Autumn
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: story-cartel, 2014
I received this book via Story Cartel to give an honest review.
You know it is really hard to write a good zombie book. You have to make sure you have a lot of key points within the story being told. You have to have an awesome plot, the characters have to be written in a way of how they would be able to adapt to something so terrifying, you have to make it real feeling.
With Dead Islands I enjoyed the bit of mystery surrounding how zombies are happening. You have people having a cough and then i
Perry Lake
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies
You can't say “Dead Islands” doesn't have action. From the opening scene in the streets of Shanghai, to a zombie attack in an airplane over the Pacific, to utter chaos in the Hawaiian Islands, “Dead Islands” keeps moving throughout.

Curiously, no one in the early part of the novel seems to be aware of the spate of zombie movies flooding the theaters these days. Everyone's like, “I never heard of such a thing.” That doesn't make the book bad, it just seems odd to me.

On the other hand, once the her
Kathy
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First off I wish to say this is the first book in a series. So there is a cliffhanger. So there is no resolution. Now that is done, LOVED LOVED this book. A different take on apocalyptic fiction. I won't say zombies as I am not sure this is what it is. It could be, could be man made problems. No way yet of knowing. It begins on an airplane full of people leaving China and we wind up in Hawaii. The parts on the plane are ones that make you wish to cover your eyes yet you need to know what is goin ...more
Ami
This apocalyptic tale begins differently than most zombie filled novels. And that is good. I like a good zombie story but I love to find a really good one with lots of twists, turns and surprises. This is a really good one. I consumed it in less than 3 hours and I plan to get the next in series so I can read it tomorrow. Of course there is a cliffhanger that I feel compelled to get answers about. That is the way books should work, one leading to the next for my long-term reading addiction.

So, w
Hazel
Sep 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and be sent a copy of this eBook by the author in return for an honest review; this did not determine the outcome of my review.

A pretty good opener to a series with enough action to “whet your appetite” so to speak and spark enough interest to read the next one to see how it all pans out and the story develops.

I thought the characters were interesting although seemed a bit “dim” and naive as to understanding and reacting to what was g
Andy-t
Aug 29, 2014 rated it liked it
This i enjoyed! The action starts in the first chapter and the pace does not drop for one second. From fighting the zombies in Shanghai streets, on a plane flying over the ocean to the climax on the Hawaiian islands Dead Islands is a book that does not disappoint. As other reviews state the fact that this apocalypse happens in the modern day makes for a very interesting read. A promising start to what i am sure will be a great series.

Best Points - Modern day setting, descriptive gory fight scene
Ankit Shah
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
very good book. story has many action .the first attack in shanghai was superb. plane scene was also good. but while doing health check uo at airport it can be seen that humans don't take things seriously on the early stages otherwise it could have been stopped from spreading into the Iceland . but nonetheless it got spread out at several different place. also survival of ben and group was good part. now I am waiting for second part . Awsome book.
PJ Lea
Likeable characters.

A pretty good apocalyptic story in a new setting, with nice visual descriptions. Quite a lot of action, though it is slow going in places. The characters are OK, likeable enough but without the strength that you would normally expect. It did seem odd how oblivious they seemed a lot of the time, though it is possible that it is exactly how run of the mill people would react if this happened.
Jamie Eastman
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good start

So, it seems to be starting a little slow, but it's seeming to do this intentionally for character development, which is a good thing, I like character development, I mean I am all for blood and gore but honestly without getting to know people I'm spending time with it gets old. I'm looking forward to the next.
Mao
Oct 11, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was quite enjoyable and funny. There seems to be so many zombie books recently and I didn't think this book would be anything special. However I couldn't seem to put it down. Even though the storyline is typical, I think the authors way of writing helped to make this book a good read.
nadina j whitsitt
Dead Apocalypse

I loved this book and gave it five stars. But if I had known it was a cliffhanger I probably wouldn't have started reading it. It's a great read but I usually wait until all the cliffhangers are put together than I buy the whole bunch at once.
Kathy
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this so much and I was really getting into it when it ended. Loved the characters especially Ben. Would have loved for more of it. Where is the next one?
Shea
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!

I cannot wait for the next book to be released! Great storyline, interesting characters, development of the plot kept me completely engrossed to the end.
Nora
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Would like to read the next book in the series so I can find out what happened to Ben and his friends.
Fran  Andrews
Hmm.

Not too sure about this book. Interesting premise presented in the prologue but after that it seemed to become just a gratuitous blood and Gore zombie novel.
hIpnoticraQs
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Short but sweet, fast paced, descriptive zombie fun. Characters were easy to like and relate to. Eagerly awaiting book 2 !! :)
Victoria
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

These two guys are on an airplane when two people are sick but they have a virus called zombies. So they get to Hawaii and all hell breaks out in every countries and states.
Michael Broussard
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, kindle
Enjoyed the reading.
NightReader
Ty and his buddy are coming back to the US and stop in Hawaii just in time for the zombie apocalypse to start. They pick up a couple of girls and a bouncer, who conveniently has a brother who is in the Coast Guard and fight zombies and assorted human filth in paradise.

Not bad, just not very memorable.
David Congdon
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was a good book. I am looking forward to see how things turn out

The one part I was a little confused about was the chapter about his girlfriend. The location in the book didn't fit
Vickie Garner
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could not put it down!

There is shock, eeew, and awe in this story. It was extremely well written with great established characters. The detail in the storyline was mesmerizing . Ended suddenly which I really liked for a setup for a book 2.
Velinda haywood
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent Storyline

I liked the premise of a vacation gone horribly wrong, but for educated men i was surprised that Ben and his best friend didn't put things together sooner.
Dystopia Land: Dead Islands: Necrose Series (R4R) 2 16 Sep 20, 2014 03:33AM
Zombies!: Dead Islands (3 paperbacks, Ends 8/28/14) 2 7 Aug 28, 2014 05:30PM

• Necropolis (The Shadow Wars, #1)
  • The Road to Hell is Paved With Zombies (Zombie Fighter Jango, #1)
  • Snatchers
  • Colony Z: The Island (Vol. 1)
  • Life Among the Dead
  • The Passenger (Surviving the Dead, #3.5)
  • Ravage (Ravaged World Trilogy, #2) (Damienverse, #6)
  • Mace of the Apocalypse (Mace of the Apocalypse #1)
  • Death Storm (Hungry Gods, #1)
  • The Dead Road: Vol. 1 - Isolation
  • The Dead Survive (The Dead Survive, #1)
  • Ping: From the Apocalypse (Ping #1)
  • Jenny Undead (The Thirteen, #1)
  • The Last Overseer (The Overseer, #1)
  • Palpitations
  • Virus The Unknown (Season 1 of Dying Hope, Zombie Apocalypse:)
  • Zombie Rehab (Impact, #2)
  • Cure (Strandville Zombie Series, #1)
TIM MOON is a writer and avid hiker from Washington State, where he also attended Washington State University. Tim is a lifelong fan of science fiction and fantasy and primarily writes in those genres. He loves to travel, go backpacking, play with his dog, and watch movies. Tim moved to South Korea to teach English and wrote Dead Islands (re-titled Dead Apocalypse), book one of the Necrose Series. ...more

Necrose (3 books)
  • Dead Horde (Necrose #2)
  • Dead Evolution (Necrose #3)