Start by marking “Schooled (Mastered, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Schooled (Mastered, #2.5)

Schooled

(Mastered #2.5)

When Amery Hardwick first met martial arts master Ronin Black, she wasn’t ready for the level of his sensual artistry—or his need for extreme control. Nor was she prepared for the primal urges it released in her. Amery and Ronin were made for each other.

When they married they were certain their future would be a fulfilling journey of love and passion. But happily ever aft
Published December 2nd 2014 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Schooled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Schooled

Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
What a great little teaser/read while waiting for the next book, Unraveled, to come out in March. Amery and Ronin are on their way to Japan so that Ronin can study from a master Sensei. He must immerse himself in his art so that he can better himself. Only leaving Amery behind is not an option so together they travel abroad and begin a new journey.

This is a short and sweet read; therefore I will keep this relatively short as well. You will see the sexy control freak and his lovely lady in a new
Krista
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads, novellas
SCHOOLED was a quick fix for my Ronin withdraw symptoms. I didn't even realize how much I missed him until reading this quick novella. I will never get enough of this sexy, enigmatic, complicated man.

In SCHOOLED, Ronin and Amery travel to Japan for a month so that Ronin can complete his yearly training under his martial arts instructor. It's a rigorous training regimen, and he can't bear to be separated from his wife for the weeks that it takes, so he just took Amery along with him and decided
Under the Covers Book Blog

Just when you think you've read the whole story about a couple, there's more left to be revealed!   In SCHOOLED Lorelei James takes us to the core of who Ronin is.  While on their honeymoon, Ronin and Amery travel to Japan for some fun and sexy times, as well as some training for Ronin with his Master.  And this book is very much Ronin's story.

SCHOOLED is deep and sensual, more so than sexual.  What an incredible job by Lorelei James at giving the perfect insight into martial arts and how it go

Kim O
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ronin and Amery will always be one of my favorite couples. There's just something about them that I feel I could continue to read. This novella is short and sweet and set in Japan with some naughtiness along the way.
Now that we've pretty much closed the book on the them I'm really looking forward to the next two books in the series.
Bookish Temptations
I didn't want it to end! Book crush for sure. I'll share my thoughts and rating closer to release date :)
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Just when you think you’ve read the whole story about a couple, there’s more left to be revealed! In SCHOOLED Lorelei James takes us to the core of who Ronin is. While on their honeymoon, Ronin and Amery travel to Japan for some fun and sexy times, as well as some training for Ronin with his Master. And this book is very much Ronin’s story.

SCHOOLED is deep and sensual, more so than sexual. What an incredible job by Lorelei James at giving the perfect insight into martial arts and how it goes be
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted at The Book Nympho

icon AUDIOBOOKicon kinkyicon nomnom

SCHOOLED is another book I had on my Netgalley account but when I found out it was going to be produced in audiobook format I waited so I could listen to Luke and Rachel bring Ronin and Amery back to life. Their narration is so good!

Amery and Ronin have been married for 6 months now and they are heading to Japan for 2 months. Amery is excited and uneasy at the same time. She only speaks a few words in Japanese and doesn't know all the rules of the culture yet.
Cassandra Caress
5+++++++++ tied up stars for Ronin and Amery!

Oh how I missed these two! *sighs* After Ronin's bad injuries and his break from fighting and training, they are getting married and are spending their honeymoon in Japan. But this trip is more than just a honeymoon, it's Ronin's yearly training with his sensei to learn new techniques...or so it was planned.

But this time, the training is different, his sensei is different and this gets to Ronin and makes him withdrawn from Amery.
Amery is caught in a l
Dusti Dasilva
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When this book showed up in my 'review folder' I jumped for it! I loved the first 2 in the Masters series and couldn't wait to read this one. Its a fill in (a kinda in between if you will) while we wait for the next book Unraveled. I loved the 'honeymoon' part of this book, and the way that Ronin lets his soft side out more. I also loved how we get to see them Married and still madly in love with all that raw hot passion. Amery has to deal with not having Ronin present at times after his trainin ...more
Autumn
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2014
Ronin Black has spent months recovering from the injuries he sustained fighting. Now he’s fully recovered and able to return to Japan and train with his sensei. This trip will be different than any other before – he will be bringing his wife with him.

Amery knows how devastated Ronin was unable to train or fight. It is such an important piece of the man that he is in his heart. She quietly and steadfastly supported him through his struggle – but now it’s his turn.

She’s now in a country where she
 Spanxmcb (Yovanka)
What a nice fix of Ronin and Amery while we wait for Knox and Shiori's story in Unraveled!

We pick things up after the end of Unwound with Amery and Ronin on an extended trip to Japan. Amery is meeting the Black family patriarch for the first time and Ronin is getting in some required training with his sensei. For the amount of erotic scenes in the novels, this novella is decidedly a bit more chaste, but the focus is on the progression of Amery and Ronin's relationship and the love that has evolv
Ela
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars
Tori
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2014/12/review-...

Favorite Quote: How could a man be so arrogant yet so humble?

Schooled is a short peek back into the lives of Ronin and Amery Black. Despite their differences (cultural and sexual) they learned to adapt and have gotten married. When Ronin heads to Japan for his yearly martial arts training with his sensei, he decides to take Amery along as he can not bear to be parted from her for so long. This vacation/honeymoon combo is exactly what A
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
I love checking in with past characters and Schooled gave me exactly what I was looking for as we wait for book 3 due out in March 2015!

Ronin and Amery have married and are blissfully happy in their union. When it comes time for Ronin to go back home to Japan to continue his training he whisks Amery with him as a sort of delayed and extended honeymoon. The training and its commitments take much of his time, ultimately leaving Amery to fend for herself in a foreign country whose language she does
Jess
Dec 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for_review
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: C+

Schooled catches us up with the now newly married Ronin and Amery as they take an extended vacation/training trip to Japan. It’s a chance for them to get away, for Ronin to immerse himself into his rigid training for three weeks and for Amery to meet Ronin’s family, specifically his hard to please Grandfather.

I’m not normally a huge fan of short stories, but I found the length of Schooled to be just about perfect for Ronin and Amery, they’r
Julie
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

A student should always study his craft to perfection. For Ronin - this involves traveling back to Japan to study with his Sensei. Now that he is a newlywed, leaving Amery behind is not an option. To further his martial arts instruction, Ronin needs to study for a least a month with a rigorous schedule. So - he decides to take Amery with him to Japan. Both plan on enjoying an extended honeymoon in his home country while making sure his training doesn’t keep them apart.

So many things a
Monica **can't read fast enough**
SCHOOLED is a quick sexy read that actually leaves the reader with the sense of having read a fully developed story, which is a nice change from what you get with many shorter stories. In this novella we get to see a different side of Ronin. Returning to Tokyo with Amery as his wife, Ronin is under a lot of pressure from both his family and himself. He feels the pressure of his family obligations, his desire to return to training with his sensei, as well as making sure that Amery is secure in he ...more
Blackravens Reviews
Blackraven's Review:

I loved catching up with Ronin and Amery in SCHOOLED. As Lorelei James' writing grows and spreads into different genres, so does her couples. Ronin and Amery had obstacles to overcome in this issue, but that was part of the intrigue. I loved that Amery stood her ground, even when at times it was difficult. Ms. James addressed several of the characters' hot buttons and came up with compromises that were reasonable and believable. In addition, Amery and Ronin learned to communi
Charlene
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this quick read. Definitely not a stand-alone, I'd only recommend if you've read the first 2 of the series first.

In this novella, we follow Ronin and Amery as they travel to Japan for Ronin's annual training with his sensei. Loved the setting, and the new characters we meet. My favourite part of this series though, is how Lorelei James portrays the rope work that is at the core of the relationship. She is able to make it seem so sensual that you can feel the rope on your skin...

4 ★
Sonya
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great little update into Amery and Ronin's lives. They are still newlyweds and on a trip to Japan so that Ronin can work with his master sensei and build his body back up from the injuries he received while fighting. They are leaning more about each other and Amery also gets to meet more of Ronin's family. A great teaser until the next book is released. Don't miss it!
☘KathyD☘
I enjoyed this story, but didn't love it like I have the two previous stories. Aubrey and Ronin continue to be a H-O-T couple and it was interesting to see them interacting in Japan and as a married couple. These two are quite the steamy pair, but something was just a bit off...but only enough to keep it from being a 5-star book!
Brianne
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this novella, in that it shows us Ronin and Amery about 6 months after the end of Unwound, as they are still adjusting to married life and the give and take that brings. I absolutely loved the last few lines of the book.
Nicky
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy, hotness Ronin and Amery. Love this novella as we get to learn more about Ronin's past & his training in Japan and this incredible love story. Great end to their story. Great job Lorelei!
Lirajean
Mar 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: d-s, romance
Amery and Ronin are even MORE in love in this added story. More and more and more! They are so into each other!

I get it. Time to move on. Who else is gonna fall in love in this series...?
JoAnne
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
loved this novella!
Robin
Nov 25, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little disappointing I felt it was mostly fluff. Some of it was good but the dynamics and powerful relationship which unfolded in other books played a back seat In this book
Penny Dunn
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was sad this one was so short. I wish there was more
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Too short for my liking but equally hot as the previous books.
I love Ronin Black.
Carole-Ann
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
A nice quick-Ronin-fix.
Meleeta Morris
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ropes and knots, while this is not normally something I would read, I am so glad I did Msg. James never disappoints me.

Master Black and Amery are six months into their marriage but they still have a few issues to work through. Ronin is a master at rope bondage, he loves the beauty of it especially when his ropes are on Amery. In this novella about the couple, they both learn a life lesson. Great read.
Lorelei James & O...: Schooled - The Master Series - Novella 19 17 Dec 03, 2014 09:26AM

• The Training Session (Naughty Bits, #2)
  • My Wicked Devil (Club Wicked, #3)
  • The Denim Dom (Suncoast Society, #5)
  • Forever Starts Tonight (Loving on the Edge, #6.5)
  • Once Upon a Time in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #8)
  • Bash: Volume II (Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club, #4)
  • Unconditional (Masters and Mercenaries, #5.5)
  • Impact (Buckin' Bull Riders, #1)
  • Screaming O (Cocktales, #4)
  • Slave World (Slave World, #1)
  • On His Terms (Mastered, #2)
  • What Goes Bump In The Night: A Halloween Paranormal Romance Anthology
Lorelei James is New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary erotic westerns and erotic romances. She lives in western South Dakota.

Mastered (4 books)
  • Bound (Mastered, #1)
  • Unwound (Mastered, #2)
  • Unraveled (Mastered, #3)
  • Caged (Mastered, #4)
“She sipped, unprepared for the explosion of flavors on her tongue. She looked at Ronin and her eyes narrowed. Hey. The man wore that same expression of ecstasy during an orgasm.” 0 likes
“Like everything else he did perfectly, Ronin was a perfect travel partner. Knowledgeable. Attentive. Flexible. Spontaneous. Passionate.” 0 likes