Start by marking “Dark Guardian” as Want to Read:
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

It has been four years since Ethan Daniels stepped foot in Crown City. Four long years that he allowed everyone to believe he was dead and gone. But now he's back, and with a vengeance.

After the gruesome death of his adopted sister at the hands of a merciless gang, there is nothing he wants more than revenge. He can't sleep, he can't think; all he hears are her cries in
Published July 24th 2014 by Zharmae

To ask other readers questions about Dark Guardian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Guardian

Start your review of Dark Guardian
Nate
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the story! I could not put it down. The character of Ethan is a very complex, dark, three-dimensional character who is written excelently. And all the supporting characters really compliment him. The story is a very nicely written, atypical revenge story. I am excited to read the follow-up, which hopefully comes soon!
Nikki
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It starts off like a typical superhero origin with a bit of mystery surrounding Ethan's past. However, as things are unraveled, the story gets its own unique features. Ethan's personal journey is the main focus of the story, and the plot takes a back seat to his character arc. Katrina and William offers good foils to his character but in different ways. I like how the story focuses more on the hero than the villain, something not seen in most modern superhero tales. That being said, the action s ...more
Shelle Perry
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As origin stories go this was pretty good. Ethan Daniels is a bad ass superhero of a questionable supernatural origin. He is fighting government corruption while trying to live a normal life and protect those he loves. He is troubled and flawed and not quite sure if his hellbent quest for vengeance is what he should be doing with his life. So, it is also a bit of a cliche. Unfortunately, it didn’t help much that every time he dispatched a bad guy he sounded like Oliver Queen uttering his famous ...more
Carla
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
*I was given a copy of this book as a gift from Stephanie's Book Reports in exchange for an honest review.

After not hearing from Ethan Daniels for four long years, his loved one presumes he is dead. Needless to say, everyone is shocked by his sudden return. After spending time with him, some people soon notice that Ethan is not the same man who vanished all those years ago. After witnessing the gruesome death of his adopted sister, Naira, he wants one thing-revenge. He returns home to take out t
J.A. Ironside
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is not my usual fare when chosing a book. All too often I find the male protagonist in these kinds of tales of self discovery and redemption difficult to access and the female characters, flimsy. Not so here. Habib has created a sympathetic protagonist who takes us on a compelling journey from would be anti-hero to believable good guy. Ethan starts the story driven by the desire for revenge. It was refreshing watching him gradually relinquish his hold on the need for personal satisfaction a ...more
Vicki Bunker
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read. Great job on your first novel Ammar.
William Adams
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! Great plot and character development. Very impressive for a first book!
Samantha
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A thrilling book. Not only was the story full of great action it also has a healthy debate and look at what we, as a country based on laws, has to deal with. There are many scenes of the private life of the main characters and including this made the book all that much more enjoyable.
Victoria
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars. Not a bad first novel, but I think the later books are better in this series. Probably because the author continued to mature in his craft. The story is a little bit more complicated here, with some extra characters. The story is written in chapters with little and big cliffhangers at the end of each one that moves the reader forward. The spoken dialogue is used to move the plot forward. The protagonist, Ethan Daniels, is similar to a Batman or Punisher type hero or anti-hero. The actio ...more
Danika
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is there action and adventure in this? Yes. Bloodshed and lots of fighting? Yes. However, this book was a nice surprise because of the heart and soul. The action is secondary, and the true story lies in the themes of good vs. evil, the themes of overcoming what we've done to rewrite our destiny. Powerful.
Eleanor
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is escapist fiction at its very best! The action, mystery, suspense and twists would keep you hooked. There are other sub-plots which are equally entertaining to a thriller lover. You just need to - borrowing the clichéd phrase- suspend your disbelief, that’s all.
Madison
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting story. Read the first 15 chapters before I forced myself to put it down and get back to my responsibilities. :)
Has some very surprising twists in the plot. Even when you finish the book, you are wanting more of the story to read.
Eugene
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story! I really enjoyed the characters, plots, tone, style, and theme of the novel. It has great messages about forgiveness, redemption, and a passion for freedeom (both internal and external). But it masks its themes with a good mix of action, drama, suspense, thrills, and romance. I'm very interested to see how Ethan's, Katrina's, and William's story will turn out at the end. I was excited to go to Ammar's website and see that a sequel is in the works. I will be following the sequel's ...more
Farah Habib
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story! This book has it all: action, drama, thrills, mystery, and romance! Great character development and an amazing plot with plenty of twist and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat. Once you pick up the book, you simply cannot put it down! By far the best fiction novel I've read this year!!
Regina
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had me giddy every time I picked it up—it’s not often a book has me say literally out loud every time “I am so excited I get to keep reading this!” It holds up, it’s exciting as hell, and I couldn’t take my eyes off the page.
George Goodwin
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked it when I first read it, and I liked it even more when I learned that this is the author's first novel (written when he was a freshman in college no less). Though there is quite a bit of violence, it is mixed in with some solid character growth.
Victor Gomez
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fully enjoyed the book! Met the author at an author event and he is a very nice gentleman as well. Wish him the best!
Anthony walck
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME

The best book I have ever read! I cannot wait for the story to continue. The next one can't get here quick enough.
Victoria
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Barb VanderWel
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Alex Summers
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a thrilling ride! Ethan Daniels is a total boss!
Teressa
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a great, easy, and creative book. I was hooked after the first page. The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. The author made the mental visions so easy and vivid, and the characters/action felt so real. I would highly recommend this author and this book.
Don
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was honestly amazing. The flow of dialogue and action is seamless. Loved it
Roxanne
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well developed story that pulls you along. Characters are believable and realistic. Story holds your interest all the way to end.
Destiny
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whilst I found the writing took a while to get used to, it was definitely unlike anything I’ve read before. The premise and the plot were both amazing - slightly far fetched but then once explained, seemed very plausible.
Rhonda Seth
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books that I have read. It the story of the cat and mouse chase between a vigilante and a mobster, but it has some great twists at the end that I won't spoil.
Ariel
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ammar Habib knows how to hook the reader and never let go; he's definitely become one of my favorite authors. Pretty much stayed on the edge of my seat for the whole book.
Fiona Maguire
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and can’t wait to read the next two books in the series. Again I love the layout of this authors book the size and that the pages are white I really enjoy as they are easily read. I know for most readers out there this wouldn’t be a feature they talk about but for people that don’t read often I think it helps. The story line was brilliant and the best bit for my reading nature is I didn’t guess what was going to happen next I read a lot of books and find I can predict ...more
Lauren
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never thought this would be my kind of book. But having read reviews for the most recent in the series, I decided to give it a try. It has lots of action, but the rest of it is great as well.
C. Hale
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this very much indeed. I found the book exciting. Ethan is a lovely hero, and I was concerned about him so it kept me going all the way. I can't wait to read the sequel.
Follow the Books: October Read-along 1 4 Nov 30, 2015 07:10PM

• The Rhinemann Exchange
  • The Gemini Contenders
  • The Matlock Paper
  • The Scarlatti Inheritance
  • The Aquitaine Progression
  • The Icarus Agenda
  • The Matarese Circle (Matarese #1)
  • The Bourne Ultimatum (Jason Bourne, #3)
  • I, Sniper (Bob Lee Swagger, #6)
  • The Bourne Objective (Jason Bourne, #8)
  • The Bourne Supremacy (Jason Bourne, #2)
  • Gone Tomorrow (Jack Reacher, #13)
  • Without Fail (Jack Reacher, #6)
  • Worth Dying For (Jack Reacher, #15)
  • La Porte de pierre (Le chardon et le tartan, #1)
  • The Affair (Jack Reacher, #16)
  • One Shot (Jack Reacher, #9)
  • The Bourne Identity (Jason Bourne, #1)
Ammar is an award-winning & bestselling author originally from Lake Jackson, Texas. Writing has always been a passion of his since he was in elementary school. Ammar enjoys crafting stories that are not only entertaining, but also have something useful to say to the reader. He is also the founder/editor-in-chief of Thriller Magazine. Ammar presently resides in his hometown. He lives with his famil ...more