Start by marking “Love and Blarney (Ballybeg, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love and Blarney (Ballybeg, #2)

Love and Blarney

(Ballybeg #2)

Married in Manhattan…
Ruairí MacCarthy abandoned his life in New York to deal with a family crisis in Ireland. Twelve months later, he’s traded his three-piece suits and Wall Street career for jeans and a job managing his family’s pub in Ballybeg. When his estranged wife bursts back into his life looking for reconciliation, Ruairí must decide if home is where the heart is.

Published August 14th 2014 by Beaverstone Press LLC (first published August 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Love and Blarney, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and Blarney

Karla

3 Stars! Sweet addition to this fun series, but it had the potential to be so much more!

Oh, how I wish the author would have made Ruairí and Jayme the stars of a full length book and not just given them a novella. It had the bones for a great second chance love story, but it was over before it even got started. My problem was, I didn’t get to fall in love with Ruairí and Jayme as much as they were in love with each other.

I had the pleasure of reading Love and Shenanigans a while ago and it got
Coco.V
Feb 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/11/2019)! 🎁
Juliana
2.25 stars.

To be honest, I picked this book because it wasn't particularly long and it worked for two different reading challenges. It's set in Ireland and it's a place I've always wanted to go. This book didn't offer much because it was more of a novella. I haven't read anything else in this series but I'd say that these characters should have had a longer story. It all seemed a bit too rushed and compact. I didn't feel any of the sexual tension that was building up and I didn't connect with t
Rhonda Campbell
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read

This is a good book. I really liked Ruairi when he was introduced in the first book. He is the strong, silent type, the perfect bartender and you can tell he's had his heart broken before. Finding out what happened between him and Jayme kind of took away from his appeal to me. I liked Jayme and admire her for coming after her man. Once again I find the female character is the one who dominates the story. Which is fine with me I like strong female characters!
MsChris1161
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, reviewed, ebook
Zara Keane gives her readers another delightful second chance love story with LOVE AND BLARNEY, the second book in her Ballybeg series set in the quaint Irish town of the same name. I'm always happy to be reading a romantic story about couples who love each other deeply despite being separated and like nothing better than paging through as it all works out.

Love and Blarney reunites Ruairi MacCarthy and Jayme King, a couple so desperately in love they married in a fairytale Manhattan wedding wit
Dympna Mahon
In Love and Blarney, the story centers around Ruairí MacCarthy, local pub owner. Years ago, he left Ballybeg for New York, thinking he'd never return. But now he's back to take care of the pub and some pressing family issues.

Ruairí has some loose ends to clean up. For one, he's left behind a wife in New York that no one knows about. He's never told her details about his family, and both of his worlds collide when Jayme shows up in Ballybeg in a last effort to see if their marriage can be saved.

B
Janet
Ruairí MacCarthy is an immensely likable hero. He’s obviously still saddened by the breakup of his marriage—and bitterly regrets not telling his pediatrician wife that his past is mired in family troubles of one sort and another. But he’s a loyal son and brother and he’s doing what has to be done (he thinks!). Jayme King is a darling, much tougher than the woman Ruairí remembers.

I would have loved the story to be a bit longer but thank goodness, there are more Ballybeg books to enjoy.
Tea
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Short and not particularly deep, Love and Blarney is an inoffensive tale without much conflict and just as little romance. It's more a slice-of-life peek at the lives of a couple whose marriage has hit a blip brought on by a complete lack of communication. Yet, that lack is believable under the circumstances. (I've known people who have made similar choices for similar reason.)
Nancy
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

I was hopeful when I started reading this--I do adore a romance set in Ireland, and I'm particularly fond of Cork. I didn't feel that I really got a feel for Ireland here, and even though the H/h were an established couple from the beginning, the story just skimmed along the surface. We never get to know the characters very well. They remain sketches rather than becoming portraits, with only the barest glimpses at what has kept them apart for a year and precipitated their pending divorc
Corinne
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After Love and Shenanigans I knew I'd need to read more of the goings on in this fictitious small town. I like Zara Keane's even writing style.
This short story spans only a few days, followed by an epilogue "7 months later" (with somewhat predictable content). Ruairí plays a small role in the first book, but this can be read as a stand alone. I had to smirk at his sisters' attempts to help the reconciliation of the couple along. Overall light-hearted, despite some serious content.
I received a
Jackie Turner
Honestly, I hadn't been expecting the second book in the Ballybeg series to be so short but it was a really sweet read! I loved learning about the woman who had been in the mysterious pub owner's life from the first book!

It was nice as an American to have certain parts phrased so that I could understand them due to Jayme also being American and traveling to Ireland to get some closure with her husband.

The secret she'd been hiding was a little heart wrenching but I like that Zara Keane drew some
Angie Peoples
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zara Keane doesn't disappoint with this second installment of the Ballybeg series. The beautiful setting in Ireland makes me want to go there. The characters were fascinating and well developed. Ruairi is a hunk of a man and sounds like the perfect dream man while Jamye is the perfect educated woman. Together, they make magic. I'm already starting the third book because I can't wait to read it today.
Judy
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
I liked this book, but it was so short that the plot seemed to stop suddenly. Just not quite enough there to make me happy. Otherwise the setting and characters were pleasant enough. I don't remember the first book in this series being so abbreviated.
Izzie d
It is a good story but the Hero's attitude annoyed me to be honest. The heroine basically had to chase him down. She ignored his calls but he had told an epic lie, despite his 'I omitted the truth, I didn't lie' excuse.

No cheating, HEA and an epilogue.
Charlene Rowe
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Short in more ways than one

Typical kindle lack of decent editing or proofing. This is a pretty short story..with a bit of story missing as well. I liked the characters but wish it was all fleshed out a bit more
Jeannette
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Sweet

This was a good book to read. I liked the characters and their story. I just wish it would be longer to read
Staphysagria
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really sweet, loveable, vivid characters, beautiful description of the scenery. Some moments in the story are written so clearly that you automatically start to reel off a film before your mind's eye.I forgot to mention I received this book by insta freebie in return for an honest review. Well, I am hooked now and will probably end up buying the entire series....
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Copy received from the author for an honest review

Love and Blarney is a novella in the Ballybeg series, and you dont not have to have read Love And Shenanigans first, but why would you want to miss out on the sweet fun read that it is.

Jayme and Ruairi's (Rory) marriage is in tatters, divorce about to become final and they are on opposite sides of the Atlantic. Misunderstandings, miscommunications and stubbornness have gotten them where they are today.

I loved that Jayme was the one to "man" up a
Steph
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If your spouse fled halfway across the world amid half-truths and anger, would you let them go or would you try and salvage what once was? That's the situation Jayme and Ruairí find themselves in when Jayme comes to Ballybeg to reclaim her man.

Jayme King is on her way to Ballybeg, Ireland to try and salvage any scrap of a marriage that may be left to her estranged husband of a year, Ruairí MacCarthy. Ruairí now owns a pub and is getting ready to move on with his life; in fact he had a date the
Isabell
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on Dreaming With Open Eyes

I kindly received Love and Blarney in exchange of an honest review by the author via Netgalley.

Love and Blarney is the second story (novella) in Zara Kean's Ballybag series. It can be read as a stand alone but I recommend reading the books in order. Love and Shenanigans is the first book (full length novel) in the series and came out 17th May this year.

Love and Blarney is about Jayme and Ruarí (spoken as Rory). We meet Ruarí for the first in Love and S
Heidi
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was kindly gifted this book in exchange for my honest opinion and a review.

This is the second book in the Ballybeg series you can read this brilliant book in order or as a stand alone.

I was so excited to read about the mysterious Ruairí from the snippets in book one i new he was one to watch out for and i was spot on.

Ruairí MacCarthy and Jayme King got married in Manhattan and were happy until Ruairí left his life in New York to deal with a family crisis in Ireland but in doing this he left be
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
I'm falling in love with this series in a big way. Not only are the characters and their stories interesting and less formulaic than most of the other romances I've read, I feel like I've been transported to a small seaside town in Ireland every time I read one. It's like a mini-vacation in a book, and really, what's better than that?

Victoria Rainey
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romancebookworm
Love and Blarney is the second book in the Ballbeg series by Zara Keane. While this book is part of a series it can be read and enjoyed as a standalone novel with ease.

Ruairi MacCarthy was a stockbroker working in Wall Street not hearing a word from home. However, his mother called needing his help and Ruairi left the new life he made behind to help his family and the pub the family owned. One small thing, Ruairi left a wife behind in the United States. Ruairi comes across as a man with a big h
Madelyn
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love and Blarney is story about love, forgiveness, and reconciliation-something we can all relate to.

Jayme King and Ruairi MacCarthy are in love and married--yet one lives in Ireland and the other in New York. Talk about distance makes the heart grow fonder. And in this case it certainly has. Both Jayme and Ruairi have kept secrets, secrets that have eroded the foundation of their young marriage.

Fireworks fly when Jayme arrives in Ireland in order to save her marriage. She wasn't prepared for su
Jonel
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Keane’s vivid descriptions and exciting narrative made me feel like I was vacationing in Ireland alongside the characters. This is also a steamy story without being focussed on the bedroom. Keane’s writing allows you to feel the tension between the main characters. She backs all of this up with a solid and entertaining storyline that I couldn’t put down.

I loved getting to know the main characters in this tale. Although we’ve met Ruari before The sweetness and tenderness between the two main char
Katie(babs)
Zara Keane’s writing is so engaging, and it shows here in this short novella about a husband and wife reconnecting. Ruairí is an interesting name for a hero and really a sweetheart. He first was introduced in Love and Shenanigans, the first book. His American wife, Jayme travels all the way to Ireland to reclaim him after he walked away from her and their marriage. The reason why Ruairí turned his back on his marriage is explained quickly, and you really feel for the guy and his reasons why he l ...more
Nicole
ARC provided in exchange for honest review.

Full review here My Book Filled Life

I found this to be an enjoyable story; Ruairí didn't have an easy life growing up, and he was bound and determined to not end up like his father. He eventually made his way to New York, found work as a stockbroker and married Jayme after a whirlwind courtship. Jayme is a woman who may have had a privileged upbringing, but that doesn't mean she's spoiled and pampered, and had no issue with working in the pub or even he
Kim
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley, kindle, 2014
I received a copy of this book with thanks to Net Galley and the publisher.

When Jayme's husband returns to his family in Ireland without telling her why, she thinks their marriage is over. After the divorce papers are sent out - she decides to go and visit him to see if there is any hope for their marriage.

She discovers that he returned because he'd heard his mum was very sick and he had to rescue the family business. He is ashamed of his family and had previously told her he didn't have one. Hi
MaggieReadsRom

I have mixed feeling about this story. On one hand I enjoyed it and read it in practically one sitting but on the other hand it just felt as if I had missed some vital information. I also missed the humor that gave the previous book (book 1) its spark. I realize these two characters had a bit more emotional baggage than Gavin and Fiona but still they were too stern for my taste.

LOVE AND BLARNEY is a nice but really short novella about a couple on the verge of divorce. But they manage
Crystal
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charming and witty second chance romance set in Ballybeg, Ireland. A year had passed since Ruari left his wife and New York City to go back to Ireland after finding out about a family emergency. His wife Jayme decides to fly to Ireland to find out if there is any chance they could work out their problems. Once there, they come to terms with both of their pasts and decide to try to make their marriage work. Did they do it? One click this quick read today and find out.

This is the first story by Za
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Man Like Mac
  • Mine Under the Mistletoe
  • Erected (Erector Set, #1)
  • Three of Hearts
  • Smooth Talkin' Stranger (Contemporary Duo, #2)
  • Sunset Fire (Vikings of Honor, #1)
  • Meghan's Wish (Love and Danger, #2)
  • Half Moon Harbor (Bachelors of Blueberry Cove, #2)
  • Show Me: Missouri
  • Christmas Roses
  • His Christmas Wish (Holland Springs, #3.5)
  • Stranded for Christmas (Holiday Acres, #4)
  • Redheaded Stranger (Bluebonnet Texas, #3)
  • The Virgin Witch and the Vampire King (The Virgin Witch and the Vampire King #1)
  • Devil's Plaything (Playthings #1)
  • Journey to Yesterday (Yesterday, #1)
  • The Frenchman's Captive Wife
  • The Empress of Ireland
Zara Keane is a USA Today bestselling author of Irish cozy mysteries and romantic comedies.

Zara grew up in Dublin, Ireland, but spent her summers in a small town very similar to the fictitious Ballybeg and Smuggler's Cove.

She currently lives in Switzerland with her family. When she’s not writing or wrestling small people, she drinks far too much coffee, and tries—with occasional success—to resist

Ballybeg (5 books)
  • Love and Shenanigans (Ballybeg, #1)
  • Love and Leprechauns (Ballybeg, #3)
  • Love and Mistletoe (Ballybeg, #4)
  • Love and Shamrocks (Ballybeg, #5)
“The bar door creaked open. "Jaysus, Ruairi. You've not gone and pissed off your new girlfriend before you've had a chance to shag her?” 1 likes
“light singsong way of a foreigner who’d tried hard to master which of the many syllables” 1 likes