Start by marking “Stone Castles” as Want to Read:
Stone Castles

Stone Castles

She turned her back on the girl she was. He'll show her the woman she was meant to be.

After ten years pursuing a prestigious career in New York, Pip Martin has returned to the Yorke Peninsula to farewell her dying grandmother. She doesn't intend to linger - there are too many memories in the small country town and not all of them will stay in the past.

Like Luke Trenor

Published November 25th 2014 by Pan Macmillan Australia

To ask other readers questions about Stone Castles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stone Castles

Start your review of Stone Castles
Sharon
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-read
Returning to the Yorke Peninsula, South Australia isn't going to be easy for Pip Martin. Visiting her grandmother will be an upsetting time for Pip as her grandmother is dying and if that wasn't bad enough, she would also have to deal with someone from her past, Luke Trenorden.

Pip walked away from Luke ten years ago, but could they still have feelings for one another or have they both moved on since then?

This is the first book I've read by Trish Morey which I quite enjoyed. If you enjoy readin
Dale Harcombe
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Pip Martin returns from New York and her high paid career, to the Yorke Peninsular, South Australia, which she left years before. She comes back because her grandmother, her only known family is dying. The reasons she left and has not been back are explored and include Luke Tredenorden, a teenage boyfriend. Of course you can already see where this is heading as they reconnect. But is there too much water under the bridge and have they managed to quell the flame that was between them?
I liked Luk
Desere
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
For ten years Pip Martin has been pushing the limits pursuing a prestigious career in New York. Then she returns to Yorke Peninsula to say farewell to her dying grandmother. She doesn't want to linger, she wants to get into town unseen, say goodbye to her grandmother, say hi to her best friends and then get out and back to her perfect happy life in New York, which not only includes the perfect job but the perfect sexy hot friend Chad , that comes with all the right benefits a climb to the top of ...more
Helen
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful story emotional moving and sensual it is beautifully written and will draw you in from the first page I savoured every word and although I wanted to get to the end it is a book that I did not want to finish and it touched my heart in many ways. This is the story of friendships family and a romance that although sacrificed through grief and missunderstanding has always remained and when Pip returns home to the beautiful Yorke Peninsula from New York to see her grandmother her ...more
Nicki Edwards
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You know those books you're still thinking about days after you finish? This was one of those books. Trish Morey is a fabulous storyteller and this is a fabulous story.
Lily Malone
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I haven't read Trish Morey before, and I really enjoyed this book.
The reunion romance trope is a favourite of mine. A reunion romance already comes laced with extra tension between the main characters because of the past they share and usually, the secret that broke them up and kept them apart.
Something I really enjoyed in this book was the familiarity I felt with the Yorke Peninsula and South Australia. South Oz was a 'home away from home' for me for most of the 2000s and my husbands parents ha
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-books
Trish Morey writes beautifully about the Yorke Peninsula, South Australia, the area in which her main character, Pip Martin returns to after a ten year absence. Busy carving out a successful career in New York, Pip is drawn back to her home town after she hears the news that her beloved Grandmother’s health is fast deteriorating. Making the trip back home to say goodbye was never going to be easy for Pip. A decade ago she left her childhood sweetheart Luke for the glamour of New York, after both ...more
Malvina
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a welcome Christmas gift from a friend. I couldn't resist dipping into it immediately - and the story kept me reading. Longer than Trish Morey's other books, there is a lot more soul searching here. Her heroine, Pip Martin, has pretty big character flaws, and they are exposed fairly relentlessly in the book. Pip basically ran away from tragedy in the beautiful Yorke Peninsular (South Australia), to New York's big bad banking world. Her dying grandmother brings her back to the friends sh ...more
Nas Dean
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
STONE CASTLES by author Trish Morey is a December 2014 release by Pan McMillan.

Pip Martin had everything she wanted back in New York. A high flying job she loved and great life. So when she came back to the deathbed of her Grandma, why did she feel something was lacking? Was it to do with Luke Trenorden, the man she had walked away from ten years ago?

Luke certainly felt the spark rekindle for Pip, but would it bring them close or shatter any chances of them ever finding happiness? Then the big s
Nigelle-ann
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was very lucky to be sitting in a masterclass in the Clare Valley of South Australia, when Trish talked about an old cupboard and memories that it might have, as part of an exercise we were doing.

A year later we were launching her book at the Clare Writers' festival.

I loved this book from page 1, Trish writes with a freshness that is rare considering she has written so much. She brings a new voice to rural fiction, with strong characters who are not afraid to make mistakes, sexy men. Her ded
Fiona Lowe
Some beautiful descriptive writing. Makes you want to visit the Yorke Peninsula :-)
Stacey Houllis
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pip Martin Returns to Yorke Peninsula from New York to farewell her dying grandmother. She doesn't want stay long to go there do what she came back home for. Her parents and brother died in car accident 10 years earlier after their deaths she learns of secret that change her plans for her future with Luke Trenorden the childhood sweetheart she loved and planned to marry.
Pip stays with her best friend Tracey her husband and three children at B& B they own. Pip reconnects with another best friend
Bec Whyte
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. its one of the best ive read in a while and while the blurb makes it sound cliche, I found it well wrtten and went hunting for more by the same author
Jocelyn
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Wonderful read by aussie author Trish Morey,also 1st time reading anything by her:)
Judy
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A nice easy read which I really enjoyed. Only criticism I would have is that the sex scenes were a little over-descriptive!
Kay Unwin
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book! I always remembered it but forgot to list on this Goodread ap! It was wonderful as was the other book from this author Cherry Season! Just delightful!
Dísir
Pip Martin hasn't been back to the rural town in which she grew up for a long time and meeting Luke Trenorden wasn't supposed to be part of the plan after rushing back to make her granny's final moments. But her return brings back to the surface all of the issues between them that have never been resolved and Pip is finding, to her horror, that it is increasingly difficult to leave Luke...once again.

Evocatively written, Stone Castles is a second-chance story of 2 teenagers torn apart reuniting
Margaret
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Stone Castles is a chick lit book with a difference. This is my first Trish Morey book, and I will be on the look out for her again.
It grabs you from the first page. You are there, whether it be in New York or in South Australia. She transports you within the story, her characters are very believable, from an Australian point of view, her verbalisation is spot on.
She has you laughing with the sisterhood, cheering on the larrikins, and endearing you to a small country township, where people know
Eleni Konstantine
Wow, what an amazing read. The story of Pip coming home after many years abroad to say her farewells to her dying grandmother is an emotional one as you'd expect. The emotional roller coaster ride continues with Pip being confronted by her past, including her ex, Luke.

A lovely story about connection, forgiveness, and belonging. I cried, I laughed, I sighed.
Loved seeing South Australia charm the pages in effect being its own character.

This is Trish Morey's first single title and I'm looking for
Merete
Jun 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
Too ordinary and predictable story after my tast!
Michelle
loved Stone Castles for the resonating homecoming element of the story but I also loved it for Morey’s characters and the plot twists that hit me from left field. Live, Love and Laugh with Morey and her Kadina crew; you won’t regret it.

To read the complete review please head to: http://bookgirl.beautyandlace.net/boo...
Deb Bodinnar
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Life is very different on the Yorke Peninsula to New York, when Pip arrives back home to see her Grandmother before she dies, some things are still there, like her ex-boyfriend Luke. A story of love, loss, understanding and misunderstandings, I enjoyed this novel and recommend it to Rural Romance readers.
Jill
Aug 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: australian, romance
'Stone Castles' by Trish Morey was a cut above the usual Australian rural fiction in that the characters were normal, nice people who the reader could identify with. The story was ok (even though it was one of those 'teenage-lovers-break up-and-meet- 15- years-later' plots). It was set in the Yorke Peninsula in South Australia and the area was brought to life with vivid descriptions.
Tawny Hewitson
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
New author to put on my favs list. Couldn't put this book down I laughed and I cried. One of those books where you re read paragraphs because you have actually stepped into this fictional world and want to relive the words. Can't wait for Trish's new book in may.
Meagan
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novel, completed in one afternoon of solid reading!
Pip is returning home to see her dying gran, and her lifelong friends after a long time away. The visit forces Pip to confront her past, what it means to be happy and the one man she hasn't ever been able to forget.
Rita Chapman
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Worth reading. I enjoyed the fact that it is set in Australia and Trish Morey's descriptions of the sights and smells of the bush. Very predictable ending but good likeable characters and a feel-good story.
Kay Graves
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book typical of the genre.
Jane Potter
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Good. I think I'll read this and 'intensive care' by nicki edwards and then I'm done with romance for a bit.
Kerry
May 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Loved the setting.Made me want to explore the Yorke Peninsula. I thought the characters were well developed and appealed to the Aussie in me.
Monique
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really good modern romance. Easy read.
Stone Castles 2 2 Oct 02, 2019 03:29AM

• The Model Wife
  • The Wife and the Widow
  • The Perfect Wife
  • The Pearl Thief
  • Grown Ups
  • A Lifetime of Impossible Days
  • Into the Night (Gemma Woodstock, #2)
  • The Burnt Country
  • Shatter (Joseph O'Loughlin, #3)
  • The Dark Lake
  • Always and Forever
  • A Wedding in December
  • Another Piece of My Heart
  • The Grazier's Wife
Whether she's writing romance or her longer, more complex, womens fiction, USA Today Bestselling author, Trish Morey is determined to provide her reader with that aaaah happy ever after ending, made all the more satisfying by putting her characters through some gruelling stuff along the way. And with 38+ titles and in excess of 7 million book sales worldwide, it looks like the readers agree.

A four