Start by marking “Completely (New York, #3)” as Want to Read:
Completely (New York, #3)

Completely

(New York #3)

Everest. If they can make it there, they can make it anywhere. Maybe even New York, where Ruthie Knox takes her charming rom-com style to new heights.

Beneath her whole “classic English beauty” appearance is an indomitable spirit that has turned Rosemary Chamberlain into something of a celebrity mountain climber. But after an Everest excursion takes a deadly turn, Rosemary
Published September 26th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Completely, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Completely

Melissa
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, netgalley
*3.5 stars*

In a genre that typically relies on a few tried-and-true storylines, Ruthie Knox delivers something different with Rosemary and Kal’s. I have to say, even more so than the love aspect, I appreciated the driving force behind it all—the sense of empowerment and the burning desire these characters shared in regards to chasing their dreams. I think far too often we let things fall to the wayside and some of us never recover.

The story opens on Everest, not quite at the peak, but Rosemary i
*****2.5 Stars*****
{Netgalley ARC}

I really tried to get into this story, but when I got to the 50% mark and I still found myself skimming and absolutely BORED TO TEARS, I decided it was time to call it quits.

I've read a couple of Ruthie Knox books before and really enjoyed them and the cover of this book was calling to me, but the story & the characters were BLAND!

The Heroine is writing a novel about climbing the seven summits with a group of women and they start off with Mount Everest, but
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*2.5 stars*

I'm a huge fan of Ruthie Knox and the New York series, so that fact that I didn't love Completely was a big blow.

I feel like the first two books in the series (Truly, Madly) were so strong that the author felt pressure to perform with Completely but couldn't quite deliver. It felt phoned in.

I'll start with what I liked. I really liked that we got a non-white male MC, which is fairly rare in romance. I mean, diversity is becoming a necessity these days, not something you get cookies
D.B. Reynolds
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars A little slow, but very sweet love story, with Knox's usual realistic, wonderfully drawn, and very engaging characters. I'm not sure I give Rosemary and Kal much of a chance, but I'm sure rooting for them.
Ana
The subtle humor and the underlying search for purpose made this book stand out. The ending was almost too sweet for me, but I can't pretend to not understand it's appeal. Complicated people find love and I just found an interesting new author to read.
Roxanne
Full review soon!
Michelle [Helen Geek]
July 2017 -- 3.5 Stars

I think this was a uniquely told story. I didn't expect this to evolve like it did. The characters and their interaction was different from what I've come to expect from this author. Did I like it .. yes. I think I did.

So, we have a climb to the summit of Mt. Everest. There is a catastrophic event that pulls these two strangers together. They, naturally, come together as survivors who "understand" each other, but remember ... they are strangers.

We also have a bi-racial aspe
Carvanz
This is a different kind of romance for me. It is extremely intense not only in the relationship between Kal and Rosemary but intense in their life struggle. They are both searching for who they are, what they are meant to be and what to do with their futures.

Rosemary was lost in her marriage. She is now determined to climb the Seven Summits and write about her adventures. It’s her plan. She counts every step, every breath, every heartbeat. When a natural disaster diverts her plan, the struggle
Jan
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
2.5 to 3 stars. An unusual CR in some ways, and sadly, it didn't really grab me. I really liked the first book in this trilogy, Truly and I so WANTED to love this one too, but no....

Rosemary is aged 39, English, and the ex-wife of Winston who was the H of the slightly lame second book in this trilogy, Madly. And that, right there put my back up a little. I quite liked Winston, and now we were focussing on his ex. He'd been pretty unhappy when he met Allie, the h of Madly, and presumably his pri
~Mandi~
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Completely
New York #3
Ruthie Knox
4.5 STARS ✨

I really enjoyed the majority of this book. The beginning and middle were great but the ending seemed drawn out.
I loved learning about the Sherpas and mountain climbing even though it's fiction I felt the stories were real.
The family histories and dramas really made this book a winner. Learning about what Kal's mother went through and the things she accomplished were amazing.
This book was so much more than just a romance. It's about finding yourself
Lady Heather

Publication Date: September 26, 2017

I can't wait to start this book!
LOVE this series!

An Advanced Review Copy of this book has been provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review
Lisa Aiello
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

I'm a little blown away by how much I connected with this story. Not so much the subject of this book, because I have zero interest or knowledge regarding climbing mountains. But the message behind all of this hit me so hard, that at one point I had to walk away and contemplate. We have our heroine, Rosemary, a near 40 year old woman, who spent her entire life being "wallpaper". She just existed in the background,
The_Book_Queen
It was lovely returning to Knox's writing again, and while I liked this one, something was missing -- in the romance, the characters -- that just left me underwhelmed.

~ * ~ * ~

I'll be discussing it more in the next Whatcha Reading podcast, which will go up on TBQ's Book Palace this Saturday.

If you wish to look at some quotes/thoughts I highlighted, please check out my Twitter feed
nick

If you’ve read my review for Truly and Madly, then you already know how deep my love for this author’s writing runs. Ruthie Knox writes stories about love, family and finding yourself, that may not be unique themes, but they will touch every fiber of your being. Completely was no different. Yet again, Ruthie Knox has expertly crafted a story full of love, passion and hope, one that will speak to many romance readers.

Rosemary Chamberlain is the heroine of Completely. We know her as Winston, hero
Cheryl
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
I really enjoyed the other titles in this series. This book took too many turns and yet kept a very slow pace. I didn't ever come to fully appreciate the characters.
Xan West

A copy was provided by the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

This book didn't really work for me. I really enjoyed the other connected books, especially Madly. This has some of the same qualities I enjoyed--strong characterization, detailed depiction of a specific aspect of NYC, hot sex scenes, feminist framework. That said, I'm troubled by some of the core plotting choices, and didn't connect with the MCs or enjoy them as much as the other books.

I liked the r
Alison
Whew, how to describe that?

I love Ruthie Knox, her books defy description. I just wish I could remember that whenever I start a new one as they are inevitably so 'different' that I put them aside where they languish for weeks if not months. So was it with this book. I didn't even start properly reading my ARC until the release day despite downloading it back in June!

So, this book features Rosemary Chamberlain (the ex-wife of Winston from the second book in the trilogy, Madly). Rosemary left her
Aly
Sep 27, 2017 rated it liked it
We didn't met Rosemary previously, but we heard about her. She's Winston ex-wife who left him and their daughter because her life was suffocating her and she dreamed of something else for her. She seemed to search for adventures and you doesn't get more adventurous than climbing Mount Everest, right ? She intend to write about the journey and she organized a trip with a team of British women to climb the Seven Summits (the highest mountains on each of the continents). But a natural disaster will ...more
Rebecca
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will forever be ashamed I didn't read this sooner but I'm also glad I waited until I was totally in the mood for a romance read as this book was a perfect example of romance done right.

I had some doubts. I loved the idea of the book and everything is hears about it but remembering what I knew of Rosemary from the last book I wasn't overly enamoured with her and wasn't sure I'd enjoy a book focused on her and her journey. Turns out I'm an idiot because I loved it.

The thing is, this is a romanc
Nicki K.
I received an advanced copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Surviving a deadly avalanche while climbing Mount Everest, celebrity mountain climber Rosemary Chamberlain and her guide Kal Beckett find themselves in shock after living through such a trauma, and share a night together before their respective plane rides home. However, the two soon find themselves thrown together yet again, and begin an affair against their better judgement.

Having read the first book in R
Ellie
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved the previous book and was really excited to read this one when I learned that it will be about Winston's ex wife. We rarely get romances with older women (she is 39) and I was looking forward to see how her second chance romance was handled. Sadly, this book did not work for me as well I expected. There are some things I liked about the story and the characters but the things that bothered me outnumber them.

This is a kind of opposites attract story, where she is white, older, richer, det
Em
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this trilogy. The second book is still my favorite but this was a really fresh, unique story & I loved that it's mostly from the female principals PoV. She's smart, funny and confident.

Longer review to come.
Marlene
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Reading Reality

One of the things about series romances is that there’s a tendency, or more likely a downright desire, to make sure that everyone within the series’ orbit has found their own HEA by the end of the series. Even if it’s not with the person they began with. After all, just because a story features a second chance at love doesn’t mean that second chance has to occur with the same person the first one did.

Especially when that option has been rendered moot by an
Erin Arkin
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Ruthie Knox writes some of my favorite adult romances and to say I was excited when I saw this one is absolutely an understatement. I loved the first two books in this series and if you are looking for contemporary romance that is well written and swoony, definitely check out Knox's books...this one included.
Heather in FL
This was such an interesting series. Three completely different couples in three completely different circumstances, and each one was interesting. This one was about Rosemary, Will from #2's ex-wife. After the divorced, she decided she needed to climb the Seven Summits and she would write a book about the experience. But her first attempt up Everest is cut short when an avalanche decimates Base Camp. She wasn't there, but she still had to be extracted from the mountain. One of the Sherpa on the ...more
Julie
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Although Completely by Ruthie Knox is billed as a romance, it is more of a work of women’s literature. There is a romance between the main characters, Kal and Rosemary, however, it is secondary to the other major events and issues in their lives.

Divorced and estranged from her daughter, Rosemary is focused on her childhood dream of being a mountaineer. The beautiful Brit meets Kal at base camp on Mount Everest. Kal is the ruggedly handsome, Sherpa Ice Doctor—his role is to “diagnose” the conditi
UltraMeital
DNF 32%

This is not what I was expecting.. I've loved everything I've read by Ruthie so I've been waiting impatiently for this book to finally release and now I feel so annoyed and I'm not sure with what or who. This book just didn't work for me. It started out slow and kept the pace. I felt disconnected from the characters, the way the story was told, both MCs kept their "walls up" which made them feel distant not just from one another but from me as well. I wanted to see ONE big reaction. ONE e
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
Book: Completely
Series: New York #3
Author: Ruthie Knox
Release date: 26 September 2017

Plot: Rosemary Chamberlain has broken free from her confining life as lady of the manor and is working towards finding the answer to life's questions (maybe) at the summit of Everest.
However, when an avalanche destroys everything in its path, Rosemary is forced to consider that maybe she'll have to look for answers elsewhere.
Kal Beckett was on the mountain with Rosemary and feels just as lost. His conflicting em
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Laugh (Burnside, #2)
  • Taken (Under the Skin, #3)
  • A Crown of Bitter Orange (La Vie en Roses, #3)
  • To Fall Among Vultures (Union Earth Privateers #2)
  • The Hot Corner
  • The Charmed (The Charmed Trilogy, #1)
  • Compromised (Alpha Ops, #5)
  • I Do (If Only..., #3)
  • Sunshine and Shadow
  • Fight to the Finish (First to Fight, #3)
  • Brutal Game (Flynn and Laurel, #2)
  • Driving Her Wild (Wilinski's, #3)
  • Just For Fun (Just Everyday Heroes: Day Shift, #4)
  • Scavenger Girl: Season of Atchem
  • Highland Betrayal (The Sons of Gregor MacLeod, #3)
  • Summer at the Castle Cafe (Castle Cove #1)
  • Seeking Mr. Wrong
  • Special Interests (The Easy Part, #1)
USA Today bestselling author Ruthie Knox writes contemporary romance that’s sexy, witty, and angsty—sometimes all three at once. Her debut novel, Ride with Me, is probably the only existing cross-country bicycling love story. She followed it up with About Last Night, a London-set romance whose hero has the unlikely name of Neville, and then Room at the Inn, a Christmas novella—both of which were f ...more

New York (3 books)