Start by marking “Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2  (Cardcaptor Sakura, #2)

Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura #2)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  3,219 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
Sakura Kinomoto seems like your average fourth grader--loves P.E., hates math--but there's something about her that's not so normal... she can use magic! As the Cardcaptor, it is Sakura's job to use her powers to track down the missing Clow Cards before disaster befalls the Earth. But there's a new boy in town, Syaoran Li, who claims that the cards are his birthright. Acco ...more
Published September 14th 2004 by Tokyopop (first published April 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2

Sonia
Jan 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
I love this series. I mean when i was a little girl, this anime was my life. I watched every episode, bought the cards, and even later learned of the uncut japanese version, I watched it. I was nuts about this series. The manga series and anime are different. minor changes. This volume though made me cringe.

Tomoyo is the cousin of Sakura once removed (?) and she is in love with Sakura. The problem I had with this volume is the fact that Tomoyo's mother is trying to carve her daughter into looki
Sesana
Apr 30, 2012 rated it did not like it
I cringed through the entire volume. First there was the discovery that Sakura's parents married when her mother was a 16-year-old high school student and her father was her teacher. And then there's the even more squicky subplot of one of Sakura's classmates (in fourth grade) apparently accepting a proposal from one of their teachers. (Did I mention that they're fourth graders?) Next to that, Tomoyo and her mother's shared legacy of unrequited love for a cousin can almost pass you right by. (Th ...more
Glire
Oct 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shaoran ha aparecido.

description

No le doy mas estrellas sólo porque de verdad me descoloca todo eso de la relación de Rika con su profesor. El profesor como mínimo debe tener como 20 años, y Rika tiene 10 años. No quiero basar toda mi calificación del tomo en eso, ni juzgar demasiado porque tal vez es cultural, tal vez en Japón eso no está mal visto. No lo sé. Y si ignoramos ese hecho, todo lo demás sigue siendo genial.

Taylor
Nov 06, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, shojo
Am i the only one totally weirded out by the multiple student-teacher relationships in this manga?
Danny Phanton
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omfg con este tomo, me encantó mucho, mucho, mucho, esa relación de Tomoyo-Sakura me encanta, esto es mucho fangirleo, fanboyleo, como sea, me encanta, aparte esos guiños del hermano de Sakura con Yukito y Syaoron askldjklasdjkla, es genial, me gusta más todo eso que lo de las cartas, pero me alegro que Sakura vaya mejorando para atraparlas, ¡me encanta!
Kami
Dec 08, 2012 rated it liked it
- I am not ok with teachers going out with students, especially 4th graders!! EW!! I can' believe Sakura's dad and mom had a teacher/student relationship too!

- This new guy, Syaoran, is weird! I'm still trying to figure out if he is gay or if there is something else about Yukito that hasn't been revealed yet.

- The illustrations still crack me up!

- That sword card is really cool! I want that one!

- I don't quite understand all the different outfits Sakura has to wear when she goes out to find a C
Estefanía Cantoral
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Que bonitos gráficos!
De la historia me gusta que toque temas tabú de manera más directa que el anime (obvio).
Dyah
Marks the appearance of Li Syaoran.
But the way he's smitten with Yukito is ridiculous, I think.
herdys
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read one star reviews and I don't care what people say about cousins loving each other being incest or the teacher romance. CLAMP have always done things like that. If you think they are gross then don't read the manga. I don't believe this is a reflection of real life, it's called fiction. *rant over*

I read this when I was a teenager and discovered manga. I loved it then and I still love it now, just in a different way.
Okuta Otherside
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this volume finally we can know more about Sakura's parents and Tomoyo's mom past. Also Li Syaoran is appear in this volume too! More shounen-ai and shoujo-ai hints, more complex clowcard to seal and we get more info about Clow, the magician that makes the clowcard. I personally love this volume more than volume 1 and can't wait to starting read the volume 3!
Vera
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
If I were to judge this single-handedly based on Sakura's story, it would be a 5-star review, but adults proposing and crushing on what? 10 year old girls? That part is not ok and although I could have ignored it, I don't think that's a very good picture to pass on to kids reading this.
Natalie
When Sakura opens a book in her father's library, she accidentally frees the Guardian of the Seal and now must collect the escaped Clow Cards. Cue the cutest, most tooth-achingly sweet adventure ever! Given that the target audience for this is kids, older readers may feel a little disenchanted with how easily everything is solved. And not to mention, this is volume where things get weird.

Sakura is a fourth grader. One of her classmates is engaged to their teacher. Sakura's mother was a student w
Robin
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
When asked what my favorite manga-ka is, I'd have to say CLAMP without a moment's hesitation. When asked what my favorite manga by CLAMP is, though, I hesitate. It's so hard to narrow it down.

Ultimately, though, CCS is definitely in my top five. This manga is so damn charming. The main character is wonderful, delightful, and so strong, her supporting cast is memorable and beautiful. The manga covers many themes and motifs, but the one that's most compelling to me is the concept that love comes
Azur
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it
The main storyline is wonderful but why is everybody's love life weird as heck? (I'm not talking about the homosexual relationships, they are perfectly fine.) (view spoiler) ...more
Sheila
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
HAHAHAHAHA esto es tan bonito y cómico

Cosas para recordar:

Mamá y papá de Sakura se casaron= ella 16 y el 25 (Siendo el profesor)
Mama de Sakura y la de Tomoyo son primas
Tomoyo le gusta Sakura y también Touya por el parecido a Sakura
Sakura y a Li-Shaoran le gusta Yukito
Yukito(Tsukishiro) le gusta Touya (Hermano de Sakura)

Rika y el profesor son novios y el le dio un anillo de compromiso... (Rika tiene que tener como 12 años y el profesor como 25)

Yamazake: Yo tambien estoy nervioso por saber si comp
Lau
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Qué tierno es este manga!

Sakura es muy muy ingeniosa! y no recordaba lo odioso que es Syaoran cuando recién aparece (aunque cómico también).

Hoe... nunca había caído en la cuenta de que Tomoyo y Sakura son primas, lo que no le impide a Tomoyo estar enamorada de ella... no es incesto eso? XD. También me resultó perturbadora la relación de Rika con "alguien mayor que ella", se fueron medio al cuerno con eso y aún así está mostrado con ternura. Sólo CLAMP XD.

Steph
The first volume was so good. Why did they have to introduce pedophilia and incest and other nasty stuff to this otherwise adorable and innocent manga??

That grossed me out so much, I contemplated giving this volume fewer stars. But I really loved the part with the flower card. It's morbid, but I'm fascinated by the idea of suffocating in a mess of flowers. too much sweetness is deadly. But of course flowery Sakura herself saved the day!
Bookworm
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Things that make me happy: queer presentation.
Melissa
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
OMG. I am only giving this manga an extra star for nostalgia's sake.

I know I gave Vol. 1 four stars but there are some really disturbing aspects about Vol. 2 that I somehow never noticed before (when I read the manga and watched the anime as a child).

Vol. 2 had a bunch of really weird/disturbing relationships going on.

First, we discover that Sakura's mom was only 16 when she married her 27-year-old teacher. LIKE WHAAAAT?? That means Sakura's dad was a pedophile!!
I guess Sakura takes after her
Jae Meh
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’m sure i want to read clowcard sakura and i know the book was interesting because it has magic and the picture was beautiful so i decide to read it since i know some of japan language.

The cardcaptor sakura 2 is about one little girl who get back the missing card because the card turn into real life and it bad so Sakura need to return them into their true form. She will gain her power if she collect many clow card because some clow card help her. Sakura is different than any character in the s
Elizabeth
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sakura need to track down the all missing card but she need a strong power to collect all card. This book lesson was about how the magic work and how to control. And she need to fight with other people have those card so sakura need to fight with other people to earn power card. And Sakura has collected all of the Clow Cards, but her quest is not over yet cause there is the master who control all card. And if Sakura fight with his master she will earn all cards so sakura need strong power to fig ...more
Vie
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-manhwa
I understand there are some people don't like this volume because CLAMP featured some 'problematic relationship' here quite clearly than in the anime (or maybe I just skimmed it over when I was a kid and still thoughtless at that time?) and it maybe disturbing to read. Like relationship between Sakura's parents and Rika with their teacher.

Nevertheless, I read this volume with open minded and still enjoying the story.
Also the cutesy side, they were introducing Syaoran here and I forgot how adorab
Brenda
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, manga
This volume was so cute. Sakura and Li's crush on Yuki was very adorable. The crush between the teacher and student was a little strange though because of the age difference but shouldn't be surprised since Sakura's parents had the same thing happen to them. They fell in love when they were student and teacher and it was nice to finally meet Tomoyo's mother and the relationship between her and Sakura's mother (cousins). The rivalry between Sakura's father and Tomoyo's mother was funny. The rival ...more
Ceejay
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This classic manga by the crew at Clamp continues with us finding out more about Sakura and Tomoyo's parents. It seems that there is a surprise connection. We also meet a new Cardcaptor. Life won't be made any easier for Sakura with this extra Cardcaptor around. It also seems that Sakura's crush on Yukito might have some competition! Oh! And there are clow cards to be obtained.
Rahmah
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, pinjam
Emang banyak adegan yang beda antara manga dan animenya. Di manga, Pak Gurunya suka sama Rika, tapi di anime nggak terlalu ditunjukkan *mungkin karena pangsa pasar animenya untuk segala umur kali ya, jadi diminimalisir adegan 'kayak begitu' hahaha XD*.

Tapi emaknya Sakura nikah umur 16 tahun. Di Jepang boleh ya nikah muda dan masih sekolah, terus suaminya juga satu sekolah lagi?
elodie
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, manga
There was some disturbing stuff in that volume. And I don't remember any of it from the anime. Then again, the last time I watched an episode of that show was 15 years ago so I don't remember much anyway.
Nara Hexley
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
*3.5 stars*
Omg I’m loving it. Tomoyo and Sakura are meant to be together.
Tefy Lima
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Me gusto mucho esta parte aunque no me acostumbro mucho con el orden de las imagenes pero poco a poco me acostumbrare
Anto
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, in-2018, magic, manga
Hay cosas que mi mente inocente no procesaba de pequeña y ahora me dejan impactada jajaja.
Mike
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
A joy to read, artwork is amazing.
  • Sailor Moon, #9 (Sailor Moon, #9)
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 2: To Plant

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from twelve to seven. Of the remaining seven, Tamayo Akiya
More about CLAMP

Cardcaptor Sakura (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #1)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura #3)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #4)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #5)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 6 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #6)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #7)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #8)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #9)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #10)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99