Start by marking “Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #8)” as Want to Read:
Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #8)

Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 2

(Cardcaptor Sakura #8)

Capturing Cards was only the beginning...

Once upon a magic night, an English sorcerer mixed Western wizardry with Eastern enchantments to create a magical deck of cards called the Clow Cards. These cards were hidden inside a dusty old book for decades, their powers virtually wasted. Then one fateful day, a young girl named Sakura Kinomoto discovered the book in her father'
Published December 17th 2002 by Tokyopop (first published March 5th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Cardcaptor Sakura, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cardcaptor Sakura

Dyah
In which Li Syaoran being super cute and I want to keep him in my pocket >,<
Robin
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
When asked what my favorite manga-ka is, I'd have to say CLAMP without a moment's hesitation. When asked what my favorite manga by CLAMP is, though, I hesitate. It's so hard to narrow it down.

Ultimately, though, CCS is definitely in my top five. This manga is so damn charming. The main character is wonderful, delightful, and so strong, her supporting cast is memorable and beautiful. The manga covers many themes and motifs, but the one that's most compelling to me is the concept that love comes
Naomi
Nov 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Such a fun cover for a good book...
Aimee
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
I'm really liking what I've read so far in this series. The characters are amazing and adorable.
Shirley Ririhena
Re-read and it still one of my favorite series, i remember how much this comic influence my imagination
Lucinda
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, 2018
Really cute, but I do wonder if Toya is even gonna get to talk to Yuki.
Sophia Fletcher
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun cutsy girly magical girl manga with innocent romance and fantasy
Cristina R.
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5
My heart Syaoran!
I'm getting more and more excited but at the same time worried.
Melissa
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shojo, manga, ebook, magic, japanese
3.5 stars.

This is by far my favourite volume in this series!

----------------------------------------------
Average rating for the entire series: 2.5/5
My reviews for the rest of the series:
Volume 1 | Volume 2| Volume 3 | Volume 4 | Volume 5 | Volume 6| Volume 7 (Master of the Clow, Vol 1) | Volume 8 (Master of the Clow, Vol 2) | Volume 9 (Master of the Clow, Vol 3) | Volume 10 (Master of the Clow, Vol 4) | Volume 11 (Master of the Clow, Vol 5) | Volume 12 (Master of the Clow, Vol 6)
Kati
Aug 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
I can't decide if Eriol is evil or not. He keeps testing Sakura's skills, but when she's sick, he heals her. And then there are Eriol's henchmen, especially Ruby Moon who wants to get rid of Yue - which means of Yuki too - and steal Toya's power... I love the scenes with Toya and Yukito - Toya keeps trying to tell Yuki something and Ruby Moon keeps interrupting them, which is really frustrating. And Sakura. Man, that girl is blind. Shaolan is so in love with her *sigh* Also, I wonder if Sakura's ...more
Kami
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
- Yukito and Sakura's dad look the same. Sometimes it is hard to tell them apart.

- This makes me want to get a bear for my hubby, but he probably wouldn't appreciate it.

- Sometimes they spell Cerebos with a C and sometimes with a K. Which is correct?

- I love that Toya calls his little sister the Monster.

- I enjoyed this volume a lot more than the first one. There was more content.

- I can't decide if Clow Reed is a bad guy or a good guy.
Alexandra
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
The romance is getting serious and so adorable I might die. Things between Sakura and Syaoran is so much more intense in the book than the anime! And Toya/Yukito too and just.. so much love. There are loads of unexpectedly frustrating moments too when I just want to shake some sense into the characters (I've forgotten how oblivious Sakura is) and Tomoyo is such a troll but it's all in a very good way.
Joseph Hare
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a really fun and sweet volume. The storyline of the Master of the Clow arc is only just beginning, but already there's been some memorable moments. As always the interesting and unconventional relationships between the characters continue to be the most endearing element. CLAMP really captures the beauty of love in a very honest way that transcends boundaries and labels. The artwork is exquisite. I adore this series.
Sara
So cute! I liked that we find out who that old man in the summer house was/is and it's very interesting. :) BUT 1.)there should've been a chocolate for Shaoran and 2.) another, separate chocolate for YUE! (I don't care how Sakura feels-Yukito is all well and good, but Yue is better.)
Oh and actually, 3.) Shaoran should've given his chocolate to Sakuraaaa, the poor cutie, but oh well. :3 Later, I'm sure. ;3
Megan M
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The moment Li realizes he's not gay... the entire book is just made. So amazing. That a mystical Clow Guardian had to explain that to him will never not be funny.

While there are a couple good battles sequences in this volume, this is a very relationship based collection. Toya and Yukito continue to be absolutely adorable, Li is still a blushing mess whenever Sakura is around and there's some lovely stuff with Fujitaka and Nadeshiko.
Mazohyst
Jan 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: teens, library, manga
When I was younger, I always rooted for Sakura and Yukito to be together. I was always annoyed at Toya and Li for always interfering. But I see that Yukito and Sakura are more oblivious than ever of the feelings of the people around them.

With Eriol in the picture, he must be confusing Sakura a lot. Eriol is so... Peculiar. I just want to know everything about him at the moment. I can't tell who he is.
Jaimie
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute volume of the series! There was less Clow Card action than normal, but instead we get more general character development. There's drama over teddy bear-giving (which I assume is a Japanes kids' way of saying that they like someone), and even more adorable is Valentine's Day. I wish that we did handmade chocolates here instead of storebought ones!
Velvetea
I'm starting to think that Japan is an alien world where everyone is incredibly nice and polite to each other. But elemetary kids!!?? Those were the meanest of brutes...I'm moving to Japan and starting school over p_q.
Erin
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
My favorite part of the story line was in this book.
Jessie Radford
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Strange things start happening again for young Sakura, and stranger yet Li is acting strange himself. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and glad the series didn't end.
Priscilla
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Toya and Yukito are killing me, every single time.
Amanda
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The second installment has Sakura struggling to make the Clow cards her own and growing up a lot. Really loved the whole second part!
Munch
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Still great :)
Victoria
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
LB
4.5 / 5
May
Jan 28, 2018 added it
Shelves: 2018-reads
they're all so adorable (except that teacher, that teacher sucks)
Jerry
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute, fun, and exciting.

• Sailor Moon, #9 (Sailor Moon, #9)
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 5: To Blossom

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from twelve to seven. Of the remaining seven, Tamayo Akiya

Cardcaptor Sakura (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #1)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2  (Cardcaptor Sakura, #2)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura #3)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #4)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #5)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 6 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #6)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #7)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #9)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #10)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #11)
“Why do I keep thinking of her alluva sudden?! Especially when the only time my face gets red and my heart starts puonding...is when I see him! -Syaoran Li” 11 likes