Start by marking “Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #1)

Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura #1)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  19,243 Ratings  ·  241 Reviews
From Clamp comes the thrilling adventures of Sakura, a fourth-grader who accidentally finds an enchanted book called The Clow. The book once contained a set of magical Clow Cards, but they all escaped while the guardian of the book fell asleep. Now, Sakura is thrust into a mystical journey to capture all the cards before they wreak chaos and destruction!
Published July 6th 2004 by Tokyopop (first published May 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1

Yesy (The Book Vagrant)
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Oh the memories!

This was honestly more of a 3.5 star read for me, but I decided to bump it up for the nostalgia.
Carla
Siempre es bueno volver a lo que te hace feliz. Y Sakura es una de esas cosas.
April
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
CHILDHOOD I LOVE YOU

description

You bet your sweet ass I've read this 50+ times, the beginning of CS was perfect.
Danny Phanton
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Me encanto leer a Sakura, volver a ese punto de la infancia cuando veía el anime y recordarlo ahora fue genial, me hizo reír en varias partes y me encanta Sakura, como ve a Yukito, es muy divertido, un poco infantil, si, pero bastante entretenido.
Paula
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mangas-comics
Es tan graciosa Sakura quedándose dormida todos los días, las peleas con el hermano cuando le dice dinosaurio o algo incorrecto delante de Yukito ella le pega, y Kero pensando solo en comer, lindo revivir esta historia.

...

Me acuerdo que de chica veía el anime por Cartoon Network (buenos tiempos) y hace unos tres años lo volví a ver y shipear a Sakura y Shaoran, aunque sea infantil quiero volver a revivir esta historia hermosa<3
Dyah
After years, Elex decided to reprint this manga, and I decided to collect it.
Cardcaptor Sakura is probably the manga that makes me adore CLAMP. I truly love the concepts of collecting magical cards. And I also love most of Sakura's outfits (made by Tomoyo, her bestie... it's hard to believe a little girl can make those complicated outfits!).

Reading it again, I noticed several things I didn't really care the first time. Though the main characters are children (elementary school students), there a
Alexandra
Nov 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
I finally got around to reading this (strangely enough I decided to do that after rewatching the first episode ever of Sailor Moon) and I must say I'm surprised at how different it is from the anime. I thought it wouldn't be that much, but even the same cards have different capturing plots. And it apparently wasn't Sakura's fault all the cards flew away in the first place. But I guess it's understandable that the manga would have a tighter plot and the anime would have more filler episodes. (I'v ...more
Glire
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Soy fan de Sakura CC desde niña. Tengo toda la serie y las dos películas en DVD, las cuales solía ver una y otra vez hasta volver loca a mi hermana con mis gritos de "¡libérate!". Shaoran fue mi primer amor (no shame). E inclusive tengo mi propio juego de Cartas Clow. Y, a pesar de todo eso, esta es la primera vez que leo el manga (no tengo idea de porqué no lo leí antes), y tal vez es mi fanatismo hablando, pero: es genial.
Estefanía Cantoral
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recuerdos de infancia en 3, 2, 1!! Es verdad que si ves primero el anime te quedas con ganas de que el manga sea más largo y detallado, ya que tienen diferencias importantes, pero tanto el manga como el anime me encantan!
Maggie Gordon
I remember watching and loving Card Captor Sakura when I was little, so now that the omnibus manga collections are out, I thought it was a good time to revisit. The story is simple and definitely geared towards younger readers. I love all the queerness in the narrative, and how all the characters express love so easily towards one another! It's a great model for kids that you don't often see in media devoted to them. I am not a fan of the gross teacher/student relationships that popped up, parti ...more
Melinda Luo
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best manga of my childhood, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE This Book SO MUCH!!! <3
This book gave me the freedom of imagination, and it helped developed many ideas for my own stories!! The story plot of this manga, to me and my friends, was also very good and interesting!
It puts together the magical realm together with the human world, it also goes through many stageds of life, school, friendship and love.
Would definitely recommend this manga or any written by CLAMP, their books e
Lau
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Qué tierno es este manga! Sakura es lo más lindo que hay, dan ganas de tenerla de hermanita.
Cuando lo leí la primera vez no noté ciertos detalles, como lo (por ahora) inútil que es Kero xD, o el desastre atómico que son las guardaespaldas de Tomoyo que la dejan sola constantemente.

Es realmente una historia muy entretenida, las cartas Clow son geniales (deberían hacer un juego actual donde haya que juntarlas), los atuendos que le diseña Tomoyo a Sakura son tan tiernos como extraños, y en general
Sesana
Apr 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I remembered really liking Sakura, despite some... issues with later relationships. None of that is here in the first volume, though. Here it's pure, innocent fluff, which is what I always liked about it. The art is very, very cute, and the characters are very likeable. I like how straightforward the plot is (catch the cards!) and how we go straight into the action without an entire volume of backstory. I'll definitely continue re-reading the series. (Though I can't remember if I ever managed to ...more
herdys
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
re-read after many, maaaaany years! Still as cute, funny and heartwarming as always!
Natalie
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: CLAMP fans, Tsubasa fans
Recommended to Natalie by: my sis
Elfdart
Jul 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
the anime for this was on all the time when i was younger and i really enjoyed watching the show, but the manga differs from the anime a bit, which isn’t a bad thing. fist off, the first series is only 6 books, the second one is only six too, and this kind of surprised me at first because the anime had something like 50 episodes, and after reading the manga i saw how much filler was in the anime. the captures in the manga are all major cards (none of the cheap cards like the move card…) and the ...more
Gusfina
--- Cardcaptor Sakura 1-12 ---
Plot: Ok
Gambar: Gambar manis dan background manis menambah kadar kemanisan komik ini.
Penokohan: Ok

Konsepnya unik dan menyegarkan, gambarnya manis, penuhnya para pasangan di komik ini, dan fakta tamat dalam 12 buku dengan ending yang manis pula membuat saya tetap suka buku ini sampai sekarang (meski tidak sesuka dulu tentunya).

Satu hal yang sangat pasti adalah... dulu saya membacanya hanya sekedar membaca. Saya terlalu bodoh polos untuk menyadari ada banyak pasangan
Starbubbles
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, classics
I saw a few episodes of the anime, and I'm surprised by how charming the manga is. I'm actually really looking forward to tracking down and reading the rest. Sakura proved to be adorable in her pursuit of the Clow. It made me wish I had a friend that wants to play dress up in all sort of costumes. haha!
Sylwia (Wish Fulfillment)
I grew up watching the anime, but could never remember how it ended. I tried to re-watch the anime several times to get to the end, but anime is too time-consuming so I finally decided to switch over and read this series. My review pertains to all 12 volumes.

Why You Might Bump This Down On Your TBR: The strangest elements of this manga are the normalized child/adult (student/teacher) relationships from Sakura's parents to Sakura's friend and teacher. This is even stranger when one of the adult c
Nara Hexley
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
3,5 stars.

I have the entire collection so I'm planning on reading them before the year ends.
Since it's the first volume of the series, which was published in 1996, sometimes I found the drawing too confusing. Maybe it's because I'm not really used to read mangas with some sort of action or 'fighting' so when Sakura was trying to capture the Clow Cards, it was difficult for me to follow.
Apart from that, I loved it. Everything reminded me of my childhood when I used to watch the anime every singl
Okuta Otherside
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my childhood memories, finally i can collect this manga! Just as typical magic girl story, this manga is about Sakura Kinomoto, 4 grade in elementary school and her daily life that also including to catch magical creatures and seal it in Clowcard. I always admire Clamp's artwork, it's so beautiful! Going to read the next volume of this manga to know another adventure of Sakura!
Rosa
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In love!!!
He visto la serie tres o cuatro veces a lo largo de mi niñez/adolescencia y ahora, 15 años después, encontrar los cómics me ha hecho muchísima ilusión; nostalgia pura! Así que aquí estoy, reviviendo la historia de Sakura ♥
Fiorella
Ayyy, me encantó. He visto Sakura dos veces cuando era niña y nunca pensé leer el manga, pero estuvo súper divertidoo!!!
Rhina Luu
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, childhood
First shoujo anime I have ever watch. I love this series. The manga is awesome.. the anime is awesome... This is just awesome...
Vie
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ah... feels...

I remember when I was a kid, I didn't want to go to the church because I didn't want to fall behind of Sakura's weekly anime on the TV.
15 years later, I'm still having the same feeling about all of the characters.
Sakura and the gang still capable of creating a happy bubble for my adult self.

PS. I will be patiently waiting until Eriol comes to the school.
#SakuraEriolshipper
Emma
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, manga
Once you start this book, it is very obviously a shoujo manga. The costumes Sakura Kinomoto wears, the problems in her social life, her little chibi animal companion...it's all very girly. Sakura is in 4th grade, and it is her job to capture all of the 'Clow Cards'--powerful cards created by Clow Reed, a famous wizard. The Clow Cards have escaped the book they are housed in, and if they are not gathered back together, "Disaster will befall this world." So, every time something weird happens, for ...more
Jane
Jody
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I loved this book. This manga was WAY better than the anime. Then again, when the anime is dubbed into English, they always lose a lot of their flavor. The main reason for this is because some of the topics are too sensitive for younger audiences. They also took a lot of Sakura's back story out of the anime, I'm told, to target more of a boy audience, seeing as that's the target audience of most anime that's dubbed into English.

The reason I gave this manga a 4 out of 5 is not because I didn't e
Robin
Reason to read CCS Cardcaptor Sakura (if you haven't already *shocked expression*):

It's by CLAMP - only one of the most amazing manga-kas ever!

The characters - OMG, CCS is full of amazing characters you'll love & care about - Sakura, Syaoran, Kero, (view spoiler), Tomoyo, Touya - the list goes on & on. It's because of Sakura & Syaoran that I love Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 1.

The cutest little outfits EVER! I am not a princessy type of girl, but even I "Han
Theresia
Aug 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Reread, vol. 1-12)

Repeat with me: it's so fluffy I'm gonna die.

No, seriously. The whole series, even with the tone-wise darker second half, is sickeningly sweet I've got toothache. CLAMP's artwork is NEAT like holy hell Zeus above and Hades below how did the lightweight inking work? Who gave CLAMP an idea for this turn in their career, considering that CCS came after the depressing a.f. X, borderline ecchi Miyuki-chan, and less depressing but still shaded by gloom Magic Knight Rayearth. If you
Shoujo Manga Book...: Cardcaptor Sakura Discussion 2 13 Sep 04, 2017 05:55AM
cardcaptor sakura 11 50 Sep 27, 2013 01:52PM
  • Sailor Moon, #5 (Sailor Moon, #5)
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 1 (Alice 19th, #1)
  • Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 1

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from twelve to seven. Of the remaining seven, Tamayo Akiya
More about CLAMP

Cardcaptor Sakura (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2  (Cardcaptor Sakura, #2)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura #3)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #4)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #5)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 6 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #6)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #7)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #8)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #9)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #10)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99