Start by marking “Less Than Nothing (Less Than Nothing, #1)” as Want to Read:
Less Than Nothing (Less Than Nothing, #1)

Less Than Nothing

(Less Than Nothing #1)

Sage’s life as a teenage runaway in San Francisco is simple: Snatch a few hours of sleep on park benches and bus stops; dodge perverts, predators, and cops; and make enough as a street musician to eat. But her world flips upside down when she meets Derek – hot, tattooed, and charming, a singer from Seattle whose looks and talent take her breath away.

What begins as a reluc
Published October 7th 2014 by Reprobatio, Ltd. (first published September 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Less Than Nothing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Less Than Nothing

Start your review of Less Than Nothing (Less Than Nothing, #1)
.Karéz.
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, 2014, arc-s
4 Nothing left to lose Stars..

description

Less than nothing. is a Sweet, full of dreams,and hope story.

Stage a 17 year old, having a mother who prefers alcohol rather than living, and an abused stepdad who treats her as a punching bag. stage her only way out is to runaway. living on streets in San Francisco.
her main income is by singing. having her Yam(her guitar),and her gifted talent nothing can stop her from performance. until one day. a charming, talented man takes her Spot. Derek who also a singer fro
Ilze
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Meh.

description

Every time I am disappointed in the new adult genre I tell myself I will stop reading NA books, but then I read some interesting blurb and I can't help myself.

This was one of those times. Although I liked the idea of the story, the execution of it did not work for me. I wish the author had focused more on the homeless life rather than put it in kind of a background. Also, I wasn't really sure of the message of the story - is it anybody can reach their dreams? I really don't know because bei
Shh moderator
 photo Free Pu2 xB by sb_zpszpjxmaz6.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (2/24/2015)

BLURB:

What begins as a reluctant partnership quickly develops into a cross-country race against time - and aw
Kim Cano
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Less Than Nothing by R.E. Blake is a romance novel with adventure, humor, and one of my favorite things, travel. The main character, Sage, is seventeen years old, and even though I’m not a teenager anymore, I found her easy to relate to. Any woman who has ever been in love with “The One” will empathize with her predicament. I especially enjoyed her inner self talk. It kept me smiling throughout the book.

With so many romances about billionaires and bondage, I found this coming of age tale of two
Nawal
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Now I’m not very much of a young adult reader but I read the blurb and was intrigued so I decided to give this a go. And was I glad of that choice! It wasn’t filled with the usual teenage drama but had a knack for showing the reader something a little different to what they’re used to. It’s a beautiful story, one that refuses to let you go after you finish reading.

This story embarks on a journey of a girl named Sage who’s succumbed to the tragedies of life and has to do what she must to ensure h
Rosa Sharon (iScream Book Blog)
I can resist anything but temptation...
I want to share with you my scientific, proven, guaranteed method of finding 5 star reads. If I see a guitar on the cover, I read it. I have accidentally discovered awesome authors that I would never have given a chance. I never purposely choose a YA book, I prefer more mature reading, but sometimes my method brings great rewards, like now. I have been glued to my kindle, deeply connected to Derek & Sage's heartbreaking, inspiring, and beautiful story. What
Books Laid Bare
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a story of life and what it takes to survive it.
Within the YA genre I have to say that this was far from average and being able to say that means that I am absolutely delighted.
The story is evolutionary and will stay with you as you close the last page.
Sage has had a far from easy life, one that has left her not only existing through untold tragedies but having to make choices that were far from what she would have ideally liked in order to exist from day to day.
Living life on the stree
Romance Readers Retreat
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4½ stars

This book surprised me in many ways, but I think the most surprising thing was that I really did enjoy a New Adult romance involving two homeless teens. We follow the lives of Sage and Derek, two 17/18 year olds who both live on the streets, earning enough money to survive by busking in San Francisco.

Derek and Sage quickly strike up a friendship and find they can earn more by playing as a duo. Derek has an ambition to enter a talent show in New York and asks Sage to join him.

The story
Angie
**I received an ARC through Netgalley courtesy of the publisher in exchange for an honest review.**

This book seemed like two different stories in one. Part one being hitching and busking across the U.S. Part two being life during a singing competition.

Sage and Derek are two teens trying to live day to day on the streets of San Francisco by busking. Sage first meets Derek when she sees him singing in her spot. Sage isn't willing to give it up without a fight though. But Derek uses his charm to ta
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2015
I must admit I've been in a bit of a reading slump lately. Exams are over, summer has started, and even though there are so many books I want to read, I just can't get into any. I thought an easy read like this might help me speed through a book and get me out of this slump... No such luck.

This was clearly a romance story hidden beneath the premise of two homeless teenagers who love music. I didn't expect much from this book anyway, but still found myself disappointed, hence the "it's okay" 2 st
Flavia (OddCloud)
Aug 22, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
Rating: 1.5

In the beginning I really liked it. I was actually really curious to see how the author tackled life in the streets and all that. The characters were starting to gain a little color, although pretty two dimensional. Sage didn't outgrow her stubborn-angsty-teen suit, and Derek was the hot bad-boy crashing in Sage's life full-speed. That's about it.

The road trip across the country started okay and the obstacles they met on their way seemed legit enough. But after a while it all fee
Terri
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review also found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

**I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher Reprobation via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. The expected publication date is October 7, 2014**

This was a YA/NA read that has broken the mold from the other stories I have read. While there is the typical loved story it puts the romance on the back burner and focuses on the actual story of the characters lives and the demons and obstacles they need to overcome
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
The first thing that drew my attention to this book was the musical aspect and the across country travel. After reading the book, I'd have to say that those two things remain the most appealing. It was easy to imagine Sage and Derek on the streets of SF, singing and it was easy to imagine them in New York doing the same thing on stage. The whole road tripping with the truckers was fun.

The backstory for Sage and Derek unravels slowly and gently, bit by bit. Sometimes I don't love that approach, b
Rachel
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Less than nothing - R.E Blake

A story about being homeless and making something of yourself.

Sage, a 17 year old runaway, bumped into Derek, 18, when he tried to busk on her turf. After a rocky start, they partner up and what happens next is life changing.

I got pulled into their story. I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I Feel that this author picked up ed sheerans life but put a spin on it. Unlike ed, sage and Derek ran away from home. They had a tough time and they both slept in h
Cinisajoy
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for an honest review. I am totally and througholy in love with RE Blake. This is one of the best NA romances I have ever read. I take that back. Make it the best NA romance I have ever read. You feel like you are right there with Sage every moment. Fantastic work. Great book. I look forward to reading many more from RE Blake.
I highly recommend it to everyone. Even if you don't like NA or romance, this is a great book.

The only thing that would make this book even b
Roz Balidio
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
This book deserves more than what it's getting!

At first, I thought it was cheesy and all the crappy things like 'oh he's so gorgeous!' or 'he's so handsome I'm gonna die!' thing. It maybe but not really.

The author's style had me hooked and sent me butterflies everytime some big thing's going up. Their performances sent chills to my tummy and I felt like I was there with them, or maybe make me feel what they're feeling.

I'm also proud to say that the story made me feel like I'm watching (or readin
Katie Valdez
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's a great story!! Lovely book
The only con I've got is the winner hehe but I absolutely loved it!

Can't wait for the other two books.

Female POV with great touches, made me laugh, cry and even scream

You guys should totally read this one
Yesley
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars!!

Saw this book on kindle unlimited. Sounded interesting. Gave it a try and was not disappointed. Great characters. Great storyline. Easy to get wrapped up in. Liked it enough to continue on to the next book.
Katie Pearce
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
this book was utter trash. and I loved it! finished in one sitting, so addictive and I'm left wanting more. hoping she wrote a sequel *fingers crossed* ...more
Carol
May 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Sage and Derek met while both of them were living on the streets and singing to make a buck. When they put their talent together and were a big hit with the crowds. Dereks dream was to get to New York and try out for a talent show. He convinces Sage to come along and off they embark. Trying to find rides and dealing with predators are some of the hardships they are having. They finally make it and their digs are something to cringe about. Throughout this book all Sage can think about is how she ...more
Staphysagria
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A vivid description of two teenagers' life on the road. I am anxiously following their personal road trip to reach New York City to take part in that singers ' contest.And what starts as a hitchiker' s road movie gains momentum when they reach their destination. They meet new people, their lives change dramatically and then their entire future seems to shatter.... I guarantee you a sleepless night until you find out what happens to those adorable young people with their difficult backgrounds and ...more
Heather
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it
First half (maybe even 2/3) was really good. Original story, liked the characters. After they reached New York, it just seemed to unravel.
Blue
Jul 04, 2017 rated it liked it
A bit slow at times but a unique storyline.
Selipperydickdip
This had the odd moment where it captured my attention, but mostly found myself wanting to flick past the humdrum and get the more exciting bits.
Raz
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Complete review available: Less Than Nothing

I totally forgot when I went away with my brother's kindle eons ago (5 years, but it feels longer) that I'd downloaded a selection of free ebooks from the kindle store, so when said kindle did a little haywire dance the other day and randomly started up on the first page of this book, it was unexpected. Not unwelcome though. Blake's Less Than Nothing was a strong read though - nothing ground-breaking or 'hold the headlines' worthy, but strong, well-wri
Isabell
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
First posted on Dreaming With Open Eyes

I kindly received Less Than Nothing in exchange of an honest review by the publisher.

Less Than Nothing is the breakout debut NA novel from USA Today bestseller R.E. Blake. Sage & Derek's story continues in More Than Anything (#2) and Best of Everything (#3).

Sage, a seventeen-year old teenager has been living on the streets of San Francisco for a couple of months fleeing from an alcoholic mother and abusive stepdad who treats her like shit. While most girls
Arya
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I’ve gone a little bit Netgalley crazy in the last few weeks. Honestly though there are so many awesome titles out there that I just can’t help myself right now!

Less Than Nothing has a beautiful cover! I admit it I judge books by there cover. I don’t think it portrays the story perfectly but I still really liked it and it made me really interested in finding out about the book.

Anyways I really liked this book it was interesting to read and defiantly fit the bill for what I was looking for. I was
Sophie
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: summer-2015, 2015
2015 summer reading #4

I liked this book. It isn't one of my favourites but it's decent. Again it was another full length novel free on the kindle app.

It is about a seventeen year old girl called Sage who is homeless and sings to make a little bit of money in San Francisco. That's where she meets Derek, another street performer who is on his way to preform in a talent show to boost his career. He convinces Sage to go with him to preform as a duo. Along the way it seems he isn't the person she th
Carrie Lahain
** I received an Advanced Reading Copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Two homeless young street performers join forces and travel across the country to try out for a talent show that could change their lives.

Seventeen-year-old Sage has been on the streets in San Francisco for four months after escaping her dysfunctional home. Using her guitar and vocal talent, she makes enough to keep herself fed--barely. Sleeping is another matter. She spends most nights traveling from spot to spot
Vivian
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An inspirational story about a boy and girl finding each other in the least likely of circumstances. Their story is about life's many trials and how to live through them in one piece.
Sage is just trying to survive, one day at a time. She’s running from a painful past and lives by the motto tattooed on the side of her ribcage “Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose.” She needs no one…until Derek.

Derek has been on his own for 3 yrs, living on the streets as a street performer. No a
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Deceive Me
  • The Tanglewood Tea Shop (Tanglewood Village #1)
  • Breaking the Rules (The Cornish Village School #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend (The Celebrity Corgi Romances, #1)
  • All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)
  • Candle's Christmas Chair
  • A Family for Christmas
  • Killing Memories (Killing Memories, #1)
  • See You Soon
  • Becoming Odyssa: Adventures on the Appalachian Trail
  • Twenty-Seven Years in Alaska: True Stories of Adventure in the Alaskan Wilderness
  • Living the Dream
  • Opposites Attract (The Locklaine Boys #2; a Love Hate Relationship spinoff)
  • The Twenty-Ninth Day
  • Black
  • Almost Perfect (The Locklaine Boys, #3)
  • Fire & Ice (The Locklaine Boys, #1)
R.E. Blake is the USA Today bestselling author of 30 adventure thrillers and mysteries, now embarking on NA and romance.

Less Than Nothing (3 books)
  • More Than Anything (Less Than Nothing, #2)
  • Best of Everything (Less Than Nothing, #3)