Start by marking “Rocky Mountain Romance (Six Pack Ranch #7; Rocky Mountain House #9)” as Want to Read:
Rocky Mountain Romance (Six Pack Ranch #7; Rocky Mountain House #9)

Rocky Mountain Romance

(Six Pack Ranch #7)

Second chances are the sweetest—and the hottest.

It took a spectacularly embarrassing break-up to knock Steve Moonshine Coleman off his lazy butt. In the ten months since that night, he’s changed his ways, and now that Melody’s back in town, it’s time for this sweet-talking cowboy to convince her to get back in the saddle with him.

A return to her veterinary position in
Published October 21st 2014 by Vivian Arend

To ask other readers questions about Rocky Mountain Romance, please sign up.
Vivian Arend He'll get a story, I promise. He's just too much of an ass still--I can't inflict a heroine with him yet. ;)

Start your review of Rocky Mountain Romance (Six Pack Ranch #7; Rocky Mountain House #9)
Talltree
FREE on Amazon today (12/09/2017)! ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

I’ve been a huge fan of the Six Pack Ranch/Coleman Family/Thompson & Son’s series by author Vivian Arend since its inception. I’ve always appreciated the complexity of the stories, the huge family ties, and of course the absolute sexiness that comes with her writing. While I enjoyed Rocky Mountain Romance, for me it didn’t have the same charm and I just didn’t feel that since of “rightness”
Vicki
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Although I'm not usually a fan of second chance romances, this one was a surprise. I thought the pacing was good and even though it was a little predictable at times, overall extremely entertaining. Definitely need to read the previous books in the series.

*ARC provided by NetGalley
Tanya
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This one is 4 stars, honestly not my favorite of the series, but I can't say I have disliked any I have read by Vivian Arend.

Melody is a large animal vet. Steve Coleman and Melody casually dated for 2 years apparently, and then they broke up and she left for a year for further vet training. For those like me who have trouble placing characters, Steve is Anna's brother from the Thompson spin-off (Anna Coleman and Mitch Thompson's book). Steve has two other brothers as well. Melody is very good
Christi Snow
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
My Review:
This may be #7 in the series, but it's the first book I've read from it. While that certainly works because the book is great as a stand-alone, I have to admit I think I've fallen in love with the Coleman clan and will probably go back and read some of the others because I enjoyed the characters and the glimpses into their stories were intriguing.

But this book was about Melody and Steve. They broke up (i.e. Melody dumped him with a pitcher of beer over his head) ten months ago. Since
Lisa
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: oct, 2014
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 stars. This is a great addition to the series. The Coleman clan never disappoints. Steve and Melody were absolutely adorable together. Taking a chance on love again after a bad break-up was a slow moving process for them but in the end made for a perfect afternoon read.
Alli Cooper
I don't think I've read a book by Vivian Arend yet that I didn't enjoy. This one was full length and there were some scenes that were hot hot hot! I loved that this is a second chance romance but it isn't based on "I DID SOMETHING UNFORGIVABLE BUT YOU'LL FORGIVE ME AFTER 3 WEEKS" This was "We dated and I was lazy and insensitive and didn't care as much as I should have, but now I've decided to grow up and be attentive". I loved Steve and his dedication to Melody and making things work between ...more
Rebeka Duran
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy cowboy!! I love me some cowboy stories!! This one kept me going but something fell a little flat for me. All in all I still enjoyed the story. Second chance romance are my favorites!
Ivana Azap Feješ
Much better

It was much better than the previous book,much more believable,strong recommendation even when Melody iritated me with her atitude
Kaetrin
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Why I read it: Someone linked to the audiobook on Twitter and I one-clicked that sucker straight away.

What worked for me (and what didn’t): I’ve been enjoying this series mostly on audio – Rocky Mountain Freedom isn’t out yet so I read that one – and I was happy when I saw there was a new book out. Not only that, it’s a bit longer at more than eight hours of listening. Steve Coleman hasn’t featured strongly in the series previously. He was playing guitar and singing with the band at Trader’s Pub
LizBookAddict
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
*******NETGALLEY*******

4 Hot-Country-STARS!!!!

When I started this book I really had no high expectations because the love rekindled story never really appeals to me. But I am a fan of Ms Arend and this series I absolutely love.

The book starts off pretty slowly or atleast that is what I originally thought but in hindsight I appreciated the character building particularly Melody POV. She's a strong Heroine who knows what she wants and makes it absolutely clear from the offset. A very admirable
Kelly
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Son of a gun! Starting with book 7 in this series MIGHT have been a teeny, tiny mistake. Now I'm going to have to go back and read all the books that came before because OMG! SUCH A FUN GROUP!

(For the record, I had no issues with starting the series this late in the game other than wanting to meet all the couples who came before. Something I can totally go back and do. YAY!)

Steve and Melody were so darn CUTE (and hot. For serious.). Yeah, Steve screwed up when they were together last, but he
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
ARC Courtesy of Netgalley

Cant believe this is already the 7th book in this phenomenal series. This is by far one of my fave "cowboy series" out there.

This is the story of Melody and Steve. They dated for 2 years, before Melody had enough and left him. She then took off for a year for vet school and now she is back in town to take on a job at the local vet clinic.

When Melody left him, Steve realised that he had made the biggest mistake of his life taking her for granted for so long. Now that she
Cas H.
Oct 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Steve Coleman is a very lazy guy. He had the perfect girl, and he threw the relationship away just because he was too lazy to put anything into it.
Melody Langley is the ex-girlfriend of Steve and is going places. She just returned from a year long course in Veterinary medicine. She has returned to start a new life.
Steve has to prove that he has changed before Melody wants anything to do with him, including sex. She wants more, and Steve needs to give her more, or be lost to her forever.
This
Cali Jewel
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Steve Moonshine Coleman lacked ambition and was content to go along in life never bucking the status quo. It takes losing the love of his life in a very public and ultra embarrassing break up to kick his butt into high gear. (and what an awesome butt too) Melody Langley works hard and plays hard and is looking for a man that can keep up in all facets of her life. Watching Steve try to prove he is the only man for the job is both entertaining and heart warming. Gotta Love Second Chance romances, ...more
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC for review from NetGalley

Another great book by Ms. Arend. They had been together for two years, he was stupid, she moved away and now she's back. I loved how Melody and Steve worked their way to I love you. There was no instalove even with their history. Loved, loved, loved seeing all the Coleman and Thompson's. Can't wait to find out more about Lee and his mystery woman. And one of these days I will get around to reading Freedom and find all about Travis, Cassidy and Ashley.
Tanielle
Refreshing read, kind of drawn out but in a good way. I thought there'd be more drama about why they broke up. Maybe more chase behind them realizing they should be together though. In the end this was a good one to read.
Mandy
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite "family" series. Loved Steve and Melody's journey back to each other and I love how Ms. Arend builds conflict. She doesn't dump it all out there at one time and fill it full of angst.
I'm ready for Trevor's book!!
Michelle the Romance Witch
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free-arcs
wow totally sexy and sweet. full review coming soon to the blog.
ms bookjunkie

I liked it, but my brain had a tough time trying to keep all the Colemans and their spouses straight. Time to reread the series! ;)
Abra
The description for this book vastly overplays the action in this book. It's a good straightforward story about a female veterinarian. Melody Langley is a vet who works at the local veterinary clinic. About ten months ago, just before she left town for some additional training, she breaks up with her boyfriend Steve by pouring a pitcher of beer over his head in the local bar. He was pretty much a waste of time - a minimal effort kind of guy. You don't find out what specifically caused her to ...more
Amyiw
3 1/2
These are easy, sweet reads but not particularly special usually. There has been a few that I have not enjoyed for characters or plot but most are pretty nice. This one was good, a quick read. This was a second chance at romance. These two didn't have much more than benefits from their first relationship, so when Melody comes back to Rock Mountain, the new relationship is definitely different. Steve decides that he will fix what was wrong and has changed quite a bit since Melody left to do
Jackie
I always enjoy a visit within the world of the Six Pack Ranch family and friends. This one is the second chance romance tale for Melody and Steve but it is so much more than just a love story, it is a story about personal growth, change and most of all the importance of family.

Between the humor and the sexy there is a whole lot of serious and taken altogether the book is well rounded character wise as well as is the plot itself.

The easy pace, wonderful look into small town ranching community and
Ruth
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have enjoyed Vivian's Six Pack Ranch series so much and this one was another. Steve and Melody had previously dated and when Melody comes back to town to resume a place at the local vet clinic, the first person she runs into is Steve - an auspicious beginning or not? Steve has tried very hard to make positive changes in the year Melody's been gone, and he wants to prove to her that he's a better and more responsible man, and boy, does he do that! Lots of chemistry with these two, the pages ...more
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Non Vanilla

Melody has returned to Rocky Mountain after completing her advanced veterinarian degree. She isn't looking forward to running into her ex-boyfriend, Steve. When her car up and quits, Melody tries to get it started again. Until it catches fire that is. Trying to get Lady, a dog she is delivering to the senior home, her worst nightmare appears. Good ole Steve Coleman in all his glorious cowboyness has run to save her from the car fire.

When he whole heartedly apologizes for his past
Deb Diem
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rocky Mountain Romance by Vivian Arend is an entertaining read. Ms. Arend has given us a well-written book filled with fantastic, lovable characters. Melody is returning to her position in Rocky Mountain House after getting advanced veterinarian schooling. Steve turned his life around after Melody left for schooling and now wants a second chance. Their story is full of drama, humor, action and sexy bits. I enjoyed reading Rocky Mountain Romance and look forward to reading more from Vivian Arend ...more
Shermaine Dowling
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really good 2nd chance story

Msg Arend's book 7 in a series dealing with Coleman clan of ranchers, the telling of Steve and Melody's story was unique, with just the right amount of humor, heat, and HEA. I especially liked how regretful Steve was about how his selfish behavior had ended his relationship with Melody was before she left town to finish her veterinary training. He was so determined to show her he recognized the error of his ways, had been willing to change and wanted nothing more
Helen Williams
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Rocky Mountain story

Steve realizes what a jerk he was when Melody dumps a pitcher of beer on him. But he learns too late. Now Melody has returned after finishing veterinary school. He desperately wants another chance with Melody to show how much he has grown. She finally gives him another chance. But being a lone female veterinarian among bigoted male farmers proves to be quite the challenge. Steve takes the position of defending Melody's honor which puts their relationship on the
L M
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another lovely read in this series.
Having a second chance to prove he has matured to the woman he lost makes Steve one happy cowboy.
Maddy comes back to become a part of the Rocky Mountain Animal Clinic but faces mysoginistic behaviour from some of the ranchers.
Getting back together with Steve was not on her list of things to do but she cannot help falling for the more mature man.
I wasn't 100% a fan of Maddy only because I felt Steve had to do way more of the proving things and Maddy coasted
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Kisses for Christmas: A Holiday Boxed Set
  • A Cowgirl's Christmas (Carrigans of the Circle C, #5)
  • Montana Darling (Big Sky Mavericks, #3)
  • The Bachelor's Baby (Love in Montana, #3; Montana Born Bachelor Auction #3)
  • His Kiss (Heroes of New York, #2)
  • Taming Rourke (Devereaux Billionaires, #4; Billionaires in the City, #7)
  • Flawless Surrender (Surrender #2)
  • The Navy SEAL's Christmas Bride (The Heroes of Chance Creek, #4)
  • Merry Random Christmas (Random #7)
  • Cowboy Wants Her Heart (Heartlands, #3)
  • The Montana Bride (Marvells of Montana, #1)
  • The Santini Collection (The Santinis, #1-4)
  • Wild Thing (The Magic Jukebox #3)
  • Cowboys of Chance Creek Vol 0.5-2 (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #0.5-2)
  • When Love Comes (Diamond Creek, Alaska, #1)
  • Perfect Ten
  • Night is Darkest (Men in Blue, #1)
  • The Cowboy Rescues a Bride (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #7)
With over 2 million books sold, Vivian Arend is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over 50 contemporary and paranormal romance books, including the Stones of Heart Falls, Six Pack Ranch and Granite Lake Wolves.

Her books are all standalone reads with no cliffhangers. They're humorous yet emotional, with sexy-times and happily-ever-afters. Vivian pretty much thinks she's got the

Six Pack Ranch (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Rocky Mountain Heat (Six Pack Ranch #1, Rocky Mountain House #1)
  • Rocky Mountain Haven (Six Pack Ranch #2; Rocky Mountain House #2)
  • Rocky Mountain Desire (Six Pack Ranch #3; Rocky Mountain House #3)
  • Rocky Mountain Angel (Six Pack Ranch #4; Rocky Mountain House #4)
  • Rocky Mountain Rebel (Six Pack Ranch #5; Rocky Mountain House #5)
  • Rocky Mountain Freedom (Six Pack Ranch #6; Rocky Mountain House #6)
  • Rocky Mountain Retreat (Six Pack Ranch #8; Rocky Mountain House #11)
  • Rocky Mountain Shelter (Six Pack Ranch #9; Rocky Mountain House #13)
  • Rocky Mountain Devil (Six Pack Ranch #10; Rocky Mountain House #15)
  • Rocky Mountain Home (Six Pack Ranch #11; Rocky Mountain House #16)
“he suggested as mildly” 0 likes