Start by marking “Aerisia: Gateway To The Underworld (The Sunset Lands Beyond, #2)” as Want to Read:
Aerisia: Gateway To The Underworld (The Sunset Lands Beyond, #2)

Aerisia: Gateway To The Underworld

(The Sunset Lands Beyond #2)

Discovering she is another world’s prophesied heroine was not something Hannah Winters could have ever predicted. However, having accepted the mantle of Aerisia’s Artan, Hannah must now move beyond the pain of the past and conquer her magic in order to save this land. Will the pitfalls awaiting her—suspicion, rumors, lies, betrayal, murder, warfare—halt her quest? Who is H ...more
Published July 29th 2014 by Griffineus Publications (first published July 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Aerisia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aerisia

Start your review of Aerisia: Gateway To The Underworld (The Sunset Lands Beyond, #2)
Sharon Hughson
May 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Even though this installment of the trilogy answered most of my questions from the first book, it made me even more disconnected from the main character. I give it a 3.4 out of five stars.
In truth, there are flashes in the book where the narrative comes alive. A paragraph here or there during the first-person scenes helps me connect with the main character. In most cases, her portions are either shallow or immature. I keep forgetting she is 20-something, is learning powerful magic and is expecte
Alexandria Woods
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We Get Answers

*****Spoilers*****

This one is more interesting than the first and moves along more swiftly. We find out why the Artesians were certain of Hannah's powers and it turns out that Rittean and Risean are her family as her father came from Aresia. Good thing Hannah embraced her role and is accepting of the war she must now join. Hannah wields her powers in a display to convince her followers after dark agents spread rumors about her legitimacy. It was a little hard to believe the dark on
The Mysterious Reader
I am so totally bingeing on Sarah Ashwood’s The Sunset Lands Beyond Series. I just finished both books 1 (Aerisia: Land Beyond the Sunset) and 2 (Aerisia: Gateway to the Underworld). They were simply that addictive. I’ve separately reviewed book 1 so now it’s Gateway’s turn. What can I say about this book? Hannah Winters continues to be a fantastic lead character. She’s now truly come into her role as Aerisia’s foretold Artan and is growing in power - but the Dark Powers are growing ever more bo ...more
The Mysterious Reader
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pam Hage
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series has such good covers, my goodness! And I liked the story as well. I'm afraid I didn't grow more attached to Hannah. She still has moments where she acts like a teenager, but I did like her becoming more proactive in this book as she accepts the role as Artan (view spoiler) ...more
Jazzmin Vise
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

If you're a fan of fantasy, this is definitely worth the teas. In the first book, Hannah was often seen as dependent and weepy and weak. She had strength but was still very much so discovering herself and her purpose. In this book, we get to witness Hannah truly figuring out who she is and reconciling the expectations of being a leader with who she is as an individual. The love story continues to blossom slowly and I loved reading about it. The way the characters begin to develop and mat
Peter Bruyns
Three=60%

Three, yes, but if I was a teenager I'm sure it would have been at least a four. It reads a lot like a soapie, nevertheless I'm glad I bought it. It seems to me that events are building towards a crescendo, if only I bought one more book. I'm aware that it takes skilful editions writing to give that effect. The author has done well. Hannah is on her way to discovering her power. I'm sure she will find a serious opponent soon.
Auburn
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad

I would put the Second in this series as a solid meh. It moved the story, grew characters, and progressed towards the end. But the middle got kind of repetitive and boring. That's not to say you shouldn't read it if you have read the first. And I will be continuing on. But its not a must read now story.
Pam McCallister
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book
Krista Moran
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enchanting. Captivating.
Cecilia Pulliam
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series! One I will re-read numerous times. I laugh, cry, and bite my nails. Can't put it down.
Janeen Ippolito
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I couldn't put this book down! Great use of world building and the fiery couple trope.
Kandi Wyatt
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this second edition of the Sunset Lands Beyond series. Excellent characters, plot, and development.
Sarah McConahy
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed seeing Hannah grow into her role, despite doubts and setbacks from herself and others. Great cast of side characters and fresh worldbuilding. Will definitely re-read.
Erth
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
now i am hooked. This was such a great, easy and creative book. i was hooked after the first page.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. the author made the mental visions so easy and vivid of the surroundings and the characters actions felt so real.

i would highly recommend this author and this book.
Don Sloan
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hannah returns as the reluctant heroine of an entire world in this remarkable fantasy tale of classic good versus evil, but set in a reality parallel to our own -- in the magical land of Aerisia.

Author Sarah Ashwood recreates the enchanted domain and peoples it once more with all the depthless characters from Book One: the wondrous fairy Aureeyah, Hannah's young friend Rittean, and, of course, her chief protector and smoldering love interest, Lord Ilgarth.

In this book, Hannah simmers as she spec
Karla
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book! This one picked up where the first one left off and the action went strong all throughout the book. It was a great sequel- there was a lot more being introduced about Aerisia that was interesting to read about: New characters were introduced, especially new races like Giants, the Doriun, mountain faery, etc and we get more information about The Evil One and the Dark Side.

I really liked the way Hannah was written in this book. It was an improvement, her character development w
Barry West
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Aerisia: Gateway to the Underworld is a continuation of Hannah’s Winter’s quest in the magical lands of Aerisia: Land Beyond the Sunset. In this book, as the last, we follow our heroine as she navigates the dangerous waters of a strange land, preparing to take her place as their fabled heroine. But will she discover who her true allies are and be successful against an encroaching and growing evil, or will she fail in her quest…

Now, I have to say that while I liked the first book in the series, I
Allies Opinions
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was just as awesome as the first. I really enjoyed exploring the changing relationship between Ilgard and Hannah. He is a pillar of strength in her time of need.

I am fond of the way their relationship is playing out. Considering all of the trials and obstacles they have weathered, I would say the bond they are building is very realistic.

I also enjoyed how there is more explanation of the prophecies in this book. They are timed really well and add weight and merit to each new event that
Christine
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***THIS BOOK WAS PROVIDED TO NERD GIRL IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Hannah Winters went for a walk near her home in Colorado, and ended up in a Fairytale.

Only unlike any Fairytale she remembers. In this one, She is the hero, and everyone looks to her to save Aerisia.

Bound by Joining with a large scary man whose every thought is hidden behind a stalwart façade, Hanah encounters all manner of strange creatures, and takes a trip to the Underworld in her efforts to learn to become The Artan.

Sa
Peggy
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Suspense, love, and parle .....

The writings are captivating with short chapters that give insight from all points of view. I believe Lady Hannah has captured the hearts of most of the people of light.
Reading the next book in the series is a given. The intrigue is just to intense.
Sorry, no spoiler here.
Kristy
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: for-review
The main character became less annoying throughout the book, but there were still times when I just couldn't stand her. I thought the book dragged at times, so I have to admit to skipping paragraphs. Overall though the plot was good & I really like Ilgard and am intrigued to find out the ending to this series.

*I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*
Kristina
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book was absolutely amazing!! We will see Hannah Winters in the land of Aerisia in a movie one day!! The world that has been created is a beautiful one and I loved it. I want to go there and I want Ilgarde to fall in love with me! I absolutely loved this book and cannot wait for the third installment. If you want to escape into another world this is the series for you!
Heather Goble
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book more than the first one. I'm not sure how the story will wrap up if it's supposed to be a trilogy. The story moves at a nice pace and the character development is pretty good. I'm eagerly awaiting the third novel.
Da
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the book one and even more the second! Love the characters and the story....can't wait for the third book!
Cindy  Nykiel
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fascinating

totally captured by the storyline and how the heroine overcomes and excel's , looking forward to the next book. :)
Kevin Mckee
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Excellent

Captivating read, well characterized ... Realistically handled fantasy that begs the reader to trust and believe. Excellent story very well written.
Rob Shute
Oct 15, 2020
Nilda
Mar 09, 2016
Mandy Gaydash
Sep 27, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Spellbreaker (Spellbreaker Duology, #1)
  • Damned Souls and a Sangria (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #8)
  • The Lost Princess (The Riddle of the Key)
  • The Passion of Hades (The Hades Trials, #2)
  • The Keepers (Alchemy, #1)
  • The Promise of Hades (The Hades Trials, #3)
  • Shadow Hunter (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #1)
  • Queen of Dreams (The Masks of Under #3)
  • Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles, #1)
  • Blind Fall (Stolen by an Alien, #5)
  • Reign (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High, #3)
  • Buttons & Hate (Buttons, #2)
  • Age of Deception (The Firebird Chronicles, #2)
  • Deceit and Seduction
  • Catching Genesis
  • King Of Flames (The Masks of Under #1)
  • Touched (Touched, #1)
  • Wolf's Surrender (PSI-Ops/Shadow Agents, #1)
Don’t believe all the hype: Sarah Ashwood isn’t really a gladiator, a Highlander, a fencer, a skilled horsewoman, an archer, a magic wielder, or a martial arts expert. That’s only in her mind. In real life, she’s a genuine Okie from Muskogee who is the author of the brand new Beyond the Sunset Lands series, the Sunset Lands Beyond fantasy trilogy, the fantasy novella Amana, and A Minstrel’s Musin ...more

The Sunset Lands Beyond (3 books)
  • Aerisia: Land Beyond The Sunset (The Sunset Lands Beyond, #1)
  • Aerisia: Field of Battle (The Sunset Lands Beyond, #3)