Start by marking “Paranormal Texas: Your Travel Guide to Haunted Places near Dallas & Fort Worth” as Want to Read:
Paranormal Texas: Your Travel Guide to Haunted Places near Dallas & Fort Worth

Paranormal Texas: Your Travel Guide to Haunted Places near Dallas & Fort Worth

Why creep around at night when so many haunted places in north Texas are open to the public & active during the day?

Not only does Tui Snider explain the intriguing stories behind the paranormal activity in the Dallas - Fort Worth area, but she gives directions to places you can visit in person, such as the:

*Serial killer's grave where EVP's are common
*Amusement park wi
Published August 19th 2014 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Paranormal Texas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paranormal Texas

Julie
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Paranormal Texas by Tui Snider is a 2019 publication.

This is a fantastic non-fictional travel guide to the various true hauntings the author discovered in and around the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. The book provides fascinating background information about the haunted places discussed in the book and includes many of the author’s personal ghost hunting experiences.

Since I live reasonably close to the DFW region, I am in driving distance to some of the towns and locations listed in the book. Yet, I
Terry McIntire
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Live in N TX and have heard occasional ghost stories all my life from the area. Although I am very skeptical, Tui's book is a great overview of "haunted places". Made me curious enough to check a few out and visit some of the small towns in the book. Especially if you live in the N TX area, it is definitely worth a read.
Jack
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overall a decent, region-specific travel guide if you are coming to North Texas and are looking especially for haunted, historical sights.

Some more specific information on the hauntings would be nice though. Several entries alluded to orbs, voices, etc. but nothing further. More historical facts about these places, even a few extra tidbits, would help flesh out some entries and make them more appealing to a traveler.

That said if you have a very specific thought in mind for your Texas visit, thi
Linda Hill
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you love haunted places and you're going to be in North Texas or other parts of Texas for that matter, my good friend Tui has created a guide to some great places to investigate. Some are businesses, restaurants, B&Bs and more. Enjoy the read and plan your haunting experience in Texas.
Rob Alex
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Getting ready to head to this area, and now I have a long list of places to check out. You can tell the Author really loves the Paranormal experience as well as we do. Some great and amazing detail in this book down to how to gain access to many of the haunted places. Bravo to this author!

Peace and love,
Rob @ http://authorstalkaboutit.com
Theresahpir
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book, which was a quick and entertaining read for the Halloween season, but one I'll enjoy throughout the year!

For anyone that is familiar with my reviews on here, you know I am a paranormal investigator and I really enjoy collecting, reading, and reviewing a variety of books on various paranormal topics...but a favorite of mine has always been regional ghost stories.

Tui Snider is a master at telling an entertaining and spooky story with just the right amount of historica
Jacqueline Smith
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As both a native to the DFW area and an author of ghost stories, I knew that Paranormal Texas was a book I simply had to read. I was surprised to find out I've actually visited several of the sites listed in this enlightening and haunting book. I wish I had known to keep an eye out for ghosts!
I'm a believer. I always have been. My mother loves Halloween and the supernatural, so from the time I was little, she had me engrossed in books and television programs about the paranormal. My sister and
Darcia Helle
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Paranormal Texas is perfect for its intention, which is as a travel guide to haunted places in Texas. The book is arranged by area and destination, and includes addresses and websites. For each destination, the author offers a bit of history and the type of paranormal experiences its known for. If you're interested in ghost hunting and live in or can travel to Texas, I highly recommend getting a copy of this book to help you plan your trip.

As a reading experience, this book doesn't offer quite
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, texas
I bought this book because it was cheap and I love hearing new ghost stories, especially local ones. I was hoping to see some stories about more of the suburbs, but was satisfied overall with the cities covered.

I have to admit that I now have several day/weekend trips planned because of what I read. I love old cemeteries and ghost towns. This book appeared to give some good directions to some local history.

I'd like to read more books by this author.
Patricia Lynne
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tui takes you to some great places in Texas were you could find some ghosts and hauntings. My only wish is that she had gone more in depth. It's great if you live in the area, but if you live far away, having the tales go in depth more would have been wonderful.
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thank you tui for sending me this book as a Goodreads giveaway. I found it very informative with entertaining facts.
It certainly made me want to visit a lot of places in Texas. Also has some great camp fire stories.
Ruth Casey May
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

This book was very informative about Haunted Sites in the DFW area, I would love to have this author do another book including haunted place in the whole state. I definitely plan on checking out some of the sites mentioned!
Diana
Paul White
rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2016
Venita Lutton
rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2017

• Weird Texas: Your travel guide to Texas's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets
  • When I Was Your Age, Volume One: Original Stories About Growing Up
  • Thanksgiving: The Pilgrims' First Year in America
  • In The Minds Of Murderers
  • Your Neighborhood Gives Me the Creeps: True Tales of an Accidental Ghost Hunter
  • Transforming Stigma: How to Become a Mental Wellness Superhero
  • Subjects Matter
  • Dreams from the Monster Factory: A Tale of Prison, Redemption, and One Woman's Fight to Restore Justice to All
  • The Blender Girl Smoothies: 100 Gluten-Free, Vegan, and Paleo-Friendly Recipes
  • Tommy Gun Winter: Jewish Gangsters, a Preacher's Daughter, and the Trial That Shocked 1930s Boston
  • Repeat Offender: Sin City's Most Prolific Criminal and the Cop Who Caught Him
  • The Wrong Carlos: Anatomy of a Wrongful Execution
  • There's A Riot Going On: Revolutionaries, Rock Stars, and the Rise and Fall of '60s Counter-Culture
  • He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not (My Boyfriend Is a Monster, #7)
  • Rectify: A Story of Healing and Redemption After Wrongful Conviction