Start by marking “Paranormal Texas: Your Travel Guide to Haunted Places near Dallas & Fort Worth” as Want to Read:
Paranormal Texas: Your Travel Guide to Haunted Places near Dallas & Fort Worth

Paranormal Texas: Your Travel Guide to Haunted Places near Dallas & Fort Worth

Why creep around at night when so many haunted places in north Texas are open to the public & active during the day?

Not only does Tui Snider explain the intriguing stories behind the paranormal activity in the Dallas - Fort Worth area, but she gives directions to places you can visit in person, such as the:

*Serial killer's grave where EVP's are common
*Amusement park with a
Published August 19th 2014 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Paranormal Texas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paranormal Texas

Start your review of Paranormal Texas: Your Travel Guide to Haunted Places near Dallas & Fort Worth
Julie
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Paranormal Texas by Tui Snider is a 2019 publication.

This is a fantastic non-fictional travel guide to the various true hauntings the author discovered in and around the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. The book provides fascinating background information about the haunted places discussed in the book and includes many of the author’s personal ghost hunting experiences.

Julie
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Paranormal Texas by Tui Snider is a 2019 publication.

Since I live reasonably close to the DFW region, I am in driving distance to some of the towns and locations listed in the book. Yet, I wa
Taylor
This haunted handbook is the perfect eerie escort to usher in the Halloween spirit(s).

Thank you so much to Castle Azle Press, LSBBT, and the author for providing me with a final copy in exchange for an honest review.

What I love about an author like Snider is that she’s not only open, but also extremely receptive to feedback. Her willingness to listen to her readers is the reason this new-and-improved volume exists. Fans of the O.G. Paranormal Texas requested photos, additional venues, more pers
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This is a book you will want to keep in your glovebox!

I am always looking for new and different things to do on the weekend and this book came along at the perfect time.  While I haven't gone exploring my town yet, I have marked many pages to see what is around me.

Since I live in Arlington, I, of course, had to check out those spots first.  The first location that caught my eye was the Lost Cemetary of Infants, only because it was in another book I read recently about the Home for the Redemption
Kristine Hall
What a breath of fresh air it is to read Paranormal Texas: Your Travel Guide to HAUNTED PLACES near Dallas & Fort Worth, 2nd Edition. From the book’s subject matter to its author’s style of writing, Paranormal Texas is a fun and informative step outside the box from any travel guide I’ve read before.

“If there’s one thing I learned while researching places to include in Paranormal Texas, it’s that where there’s history, there will be hauntings!”

Author Tui Snider’s guide takes readers to twenty-f
Jenn Z at That's What She's Reading
description

I have always been fascinated by the paranormal, especially when it comes to true encounters. I've watched all the shows - Ghost Adventures, Ghosthunters, Paranormal State, The Haunting Of, and who could forget the unfortunately short-lived The Lowe Files featuring the beautifully magnificent Rob Lowe and sons. I love hearing stories that other people have with something that seems to defy explanation, and in the spirit of the Halloween season, it seemed completely apropos to check out a travel
Lynn Poppe
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ghostbusters movies. Doctor Who. Harry Potter. Urban Fantasy books. I love them all. But truly, I’m a skeptic. Without proof, I can’t accept that ghosts and other objects that go bump in the night (or day!) exist. But as the saying goes, I Want to Believe. And Tui Snider’s second edition of Paranormal Texas is a great travel guide to help lead the reader find that proof her\himself.
This travel guide is well-organized. The sections are broken down by location, with the table of contents listing h
Maida
So persuasive. Y’all will want to go to the haunted places mentioned in this book.

Full review is at maidamalby.com
Lone Star Literary Life
Featured on Lone Star Book Blog Tours Lone Star Blogger Team average rating: 4.8 Stars.
Belle Whittington
I don’t always choose to drop my name in the hat for each book review opportunity that pops up in our blogger group. But, seeing as how Halloween was coming up, and, quite frankly, seeing as how this book looked totes awesome, I nearly screamed my ever-loving lungs out whilst filling out the review request form. It’s a good thing that Google forms don’t record sound, ‘cause Kristine would prolly’ve called the Po-Po thinkin’ there’d been some bloody-murder occurrence.
At any rate, I squealed with
Heather
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(This review will be on my blog All the Ups and Downs soon.)
Those who know me know that I love the paranormal, mainly ghosts. When a chance came up to read Paranormal Texas by Tui Snider came about, I couldn't say no. As a Texas girl myself and a fan of all places ghostly, this seemed like the perfect book for me. I wasn't wrong!

Paranormal Texas by Tui Snider is a fantastic guidebook for those looking to chase ghosts in the great state of Texas, more specifically, towns and cities near Dallas
Ruthie Jones
Paranormal Texas by Tui Snider is a must read for anyone interested in exploring haunted sites across North Texas. While many of the ghosts highlighted in each chapter come across as somewhat friendly and harmless, the creepy factor is still pretty high. This collection is chock full of enough ghostly sightings and paranormal activity to keep any ghost hunter busy for a long time.

It stands to reason that haunted sites and paranormal activity are steeped in either historical facts or local lore,
Christena
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Before venturing upstairs, the research team left a few items behind, including a folder full of newspaper clippings and a flashlight. Upon entering the upstairs billiards room, investigators were shocked to discover those two items sitting on a table, as if Scotty from “Star Trek” had beamed them up when they weren’t looking.”

I love ghost stories. I love real ghost stories even more. Paranormal Texas makes the ghosts truly authentic.

Are you a disbeliever? Are ghosts real? In Paranormal Texas y
Lorilei Gonzales
With Halloween just around the corner, Paranormal Texas was a very timely read. In a strange and spooky coincidence, the last book I reviewed was about angel statues in cemeteries, and this book features the creepy image of one on its cover! While we’re on the subject of the cover, let me just say that I like the layout – it looks like a guidebook – but I found the font difficult to read (especially since it’s in white). I also appreciate that it informs you of the updates from the first edition ...more
H. Ringer
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve had my experience with the unexplained and unusual occurrence. However, this book will open up a whole new world. A mesh of history meets lore. Spooky and out-worldly events that even a skeptic can appreciate. (Sorry, I had to put spooky in there at least once.)

I’ll start with why this book interested me and my own paranormal but funny history. To this day, my mother (and family) talk about their old house in Galveston which just so happened to be haunted. The house was originally built by
Melissa
I first encountered Tui Snider’s work when I read and reviewed Understanding Cemetery Symbols two years ago. What I found then was a woman who was part storyteller, part adventurer, and part believer in the things the rest of us prefer not to notice – the unexplained, the ineffable, the shouldn’t-be-possible.

While I did not read the first edition of this book, Paranormal Texas: Your Travel Guide to Haunted Places Near Dallas & Fort Worth, I can tell you that this edition, the second, had me urgi
Terry McIntire
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Live in N TX and have heard occasional ghost stories all my life from the area. Although I am very skeptical, Tui's book is a great overview of "haunted places". Made me curious enough to check a few out and visit some of the small towns in the book. Especially if you live in the N TX area, it is definitely worth a read.
Jack
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overall a decent, region-specific travel guide if you are coming to North Texas and are looking especially for haunted, historical sights.

Some more specific information on the hauntings would be nice though. Several entries alluded to orbs, voices, etc. but nothing further. More historical facts about these places, even a few extra tidbits, would help flesh out some entries and make them more appealing to a traveler.

That said if you have a very specific thought in mind for your Texas visit, thi
Linda Hill
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you love haunted places and you're going to be in North Texas or other parts of Texas for that matter, my good friend Tui has created a guide to some great places to investigate. Some are businesses, restaurants, B&Bs and more. Enjoy the read and plan your haunting experience in Texas. ...more
Rob Alex
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Getting ready to head to this area, and now I have a long list of places to check out. You can tell the Author really loves the Paranormal experience as well as we do. Some great and amazing detail in this book down to how to gain access to many of the haunted places. Bravo to this author!

Peace and love,
Rob @ http://authorstalkaboutit.com
Theresahpir
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book, which was a quick and entertaining read for the Halloween season, but one I'll enjoy throughout the year!

For anyone that is familiar with my reviews on here, you know I am a paranormal investigator and I really enjoy collecting, reading, and reviewing a variety of books on various paranormal topics...but a favorite of mine has always been regional ghost stories.

Tui Snider is a master at telling an entertaining and spooky story with just the right amount of historica
Jacqueline Smith
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As both a native to the DFW area and an author of ghost stories, I knew that Paranormal Texas was a book I simply had to read. I was surprised to find out I've actually visited several of the sites listed in this enlightening and haunting book. I wish I had known to keep an eye out for ghosts!
I'm a believer. I always have been. My mother loves Halloween and the supernatural, so from the time I was little, she had me engrossed in books and television programs about the paranormal. My sister and
Darcia Helle
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Paranormal Texas is perfect for its intention, which is as a travel guide to haunted places in Texas. The book is arranged by area and destination, and includes addresses and websites. For each destination, the author offers a bit of history and the type of paranormal experiences its known for. If you're interested in ghost hunting and live in or can travel to Texas, I highly recommend getting a copy of this book to help you plan your trip.

As a reading experience, this book doesn't offer quite
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, texas
I bought this book because it was cheap and I love hearing new ghost stories, especially local ones. I was hoping to see some stories about more of the suburbs, but was satisfied overall with the cities covered.

I have to admit that I now have several day/weekend trips planned because of what I read. I love old cemeteries and ghost towns. This book appeared to give some good directions to some local history.

I'd like to read more books by this author.
Patricia Lynne
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tui takes you to some great places in Texas were you could find some ghosts and hauntings. My only wish is that she had gone more in depth. It's great if you live in the area, but if you live far away, having the tales go in depth more would have been wonderful.
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thank you tui for sending me this book as a Goodreads giveaway. I found it very informative with entertaining facts.
It certainly made me want to visit a lot of places in Texas. Also has some great camp fire stories.
Ruth Casey May
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

This book was very informative about Haunted Sites in the DFW area, I would love to have this author do another book including haunted place in the whole state. I definitely plan on checking out some of the sites mentioned!
Diana
Nov 04, 2014

• Comfort Songs
  • Beyond the Horizon: Heartbreaking and gripping World War 2 historical fiction
  • Finding Esme
  • Spent Identity (Annalisse Series #2)
  • Ain't Nobody Nobody
  • A Distance Too Grand (American Wonders, #1)
  • Journey of the Pale Bear
  • All in
  • Longing for a Cowboy Christmas
  • The Other Half of Happy
  • Why Stuff Matters: A Novel (Caprock)
  • Covey and JayJay Get Educated (Covey Jencks mysteries)
  • The Caretakers
  • Singapore Fling (Carpe Diem Chronicles 2)
  • The Gryphon Heist (Talia Inger, #1)
  • The River