Start by marking “Three Strikes and You're Dead;” as Want to Read:
Three Strikes and You're Dead;

Three Strikes and You're Dead;

Baseball goes on strike...and the fans are not happy. A chat groom group is formed "Friends against the baseball strike." They rant against the astronomical salaries and greed of the players who have ruined the game for the everyday fans.

One member, "The Vindicator," decides to take action to end the strike, and soon, some of the highest paid baseball players are being mur
Published July 24th 2014 by Xlibris

To ask other readers questions about Three Strikes and You're Dead;, please sign up.
Michael I feel that many players are overpaid and because of that, teams have to raise the prices at ballparks so that enjoying a game in person has become…moreI feel that many players are overpaid and because of that, teams have to raise the prices at ballparks so that enjoying a game in person has become prohibitive for many average income families.(less)

Bob
Jan 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Having suffered through several Major League Baseball strikes/lockouts, including the two big ones in 1981 (713 games) and 1994 (948 games), I immediately saw the appeal in Michael A. Draper's tale of murder and 'vindication.' After all, who among us hasn't questioned the motives of men who walk away from their jobs to pad a salary that's already more than we'll make in our lifetime?

Three Strikes and You're Dead takes that anger, that frustration, and (let's be honest) that sort of jealous envy
Ethan
Apr 15, 2015 rated it liked it
The news is constantly filled with stories of the disagreements between professional athletes and the franchises or leagues that they play for. In Three Strikes and You're Dead by Michael A. Draper baseball players and their teams can't agree on contracts. The players want more money and the teams want to pay them less. While the millionaire players battle it out for even more compensation, the fans are left to suffer the consequences of their discontent. Higher salaries result in higher ticket ...more
Thomas Strömquist
Sep 24, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Thomas by: Michael A. Draper
Mike Draper is an online friend of mine and he was kind enough to give me a copy of this, his second book, and I of course said that I would be happy to read and review it. It is a first for me, and I just had the time to get nervous about it before the book arrived and I dug into it, finding, to my immense relief, that it was highly enjoyable. For a self-published second outing, I would say it is really impressive!

The story revolves around one especially enraged (and deranged) baseball fan, who
Dianne
Grab your pipe, and your magnifying glass, we're on a hunt for clues in a polished, and intriguing mystery! We all complain about the crazy money athletes make, the cost of tickets, etc., but for most sports fans, particularly diehard baseball fans, don’t dis their teams or their favorite players! But let these players go on strike, and even the staunchest union supporter gets a little testy and the chatrooms fill with fans and their opinions. When one, down-on-his-luck, bitter, average Joe deci ...more
Michael
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Baseball goes on strike...and the fans are not happy. A chat room group "Friends against the baseball strike" rants against the astronomical salaries and greed of the players who have ruined the game for everyday fans. One member, "The Vindicator," decides to take action to end the strike, and soon some of the highest paid baseball players are being murdered. Who will be next? Can the murderer be stopped? The action and suspense build as the FBI and a trio of private investigator students rush a ...more
Arnis
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The books content is based on MLB lockout, which corresponds well with the recent NHL lockout. Some don't like so much that they are willing to take the matter in their own hands and act drastically. And this someone is Joseph Skubul and his financial sponsor Advocate( an immigrant from Yemen).

From amateur private detective team I liked Randy Larkin but its chief was so little noticeable that he just as well might not be in the story. The chapters devoted to investigation and the minds of perpet
Mike French
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was sent a copy from the author for a honest review.

As an avid reader of Thrillers and a sports fan,Three Strikes and You're Dead is right up my alley. Kept me up late at night and on the edge of my seat from start to finish! I highly recommend this very well written novel to all my GR friends!!
L.A.
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Posted first to Blog Critics as Book Review" 'Three Strikes and You're Dead by Michael A. Draper.

Sports fans are the most loyal of factions. They back their teams and follow them all the way. Even when they are playing poorly, the ardent fans continue to root them on. As with all types of celebrity whether sports personalities or others in the limelight, there is also the possibility of that fandom to become adoration and even obsession.

In Three Strikes and You’re Dead by Michael A. Draper we
Barbara
Oct 19, 2014 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

As the story opens baseball players go on strike and no resolution is in sight. Fans across the country are infuriated; they resent being deprived of their favorite sport and believe the players are too highly paid already. Some are especially furious because they believe the overpaid players are making it financially impossible for average families to enjoy a day at the ball park.

In an online chat room two especially angry ind
Linda
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-crime
Someone is killing baseball superstars. There's another players strike underway, and the self proclaimed Vindicator wants to teach a lesson to the greedy, overpaid sob's who are ruining the sport, players and owners alike. Randy Larkin, insurance agent, is basking in the satisfaction of having successfully taken down a cop killer, when news about the baseball murders breaks and grabs his attention. Now Randy starts to think about becoming a real PI, and is itching to tackle this case.

Once you ac
Kathleen Kelly
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was asked by the author if I would review his second book, Three Strikes and You're Dead. As I had read Splattered Blood I was eager to read it. This book carries over the same characters, as in the previous book. There is a baseball strike going on and a lot of unhappy fans. One such fan decides to take matters into his own hands and starts killing the highest paid players in the sport. I guess I can empathize with the reasoning, not the actual deed of killing the players. I also think that s ...more
Steven Peterson
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is an enjoyable mystery novel. The focus is on a person wanting to penalize baseball players on strike--who make huge amount of money. Over the course of the novel, three murder attempts are carried out by this person (in cooperation with another person with very different motives)--all successfully. Top major league players making a lot of money are the targets.

The "good guys" are three essentially novice detectives, who have carried out successfully a solution to a murder (in the sports c
Jeff Norburn
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
A major league baseball strike is underway and someone is murdering the league’s top players. Randy Larkin, an insurance agent turned amateur sleuth and his two partners hear about the baseball murders and convince the Commission that the crime-solving trio should be given a chance to help the FBI solve the murders.

The story alternates between the first person narration of our protagonist and the third person perspective of the so-called Vindicator and the fanatic pulling his strings. Randy and
Sheri
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Three Strikes and You're dead by Michael A. Daper

Baseball players go on strike and the fans are not happy. A baseball chat room, where people are venting about baseball, the (ball players) salaries, the strike, and more, is started. One member only known as "The Vindicator" decides to take matters into his hands and starts to kill off baseball players.

Three private investigators along with the FBI, try to stay one step ahead of the killer , track him down and bring him in. An original murder/mys
Carol
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Michael Draper is an Internet book friend and he requested a review of his latest book Three Strikes and You’re Dead. I will try to be as unbiased as possible.

A baseball strike is on and there is much discontent among the fans. But what can you do except complain about it? Baseball players get millions, why are they wanting more thinks, Skubul? Skubul is on disability, is an avid baseball fan and eats a high fat and sugar diet. He goes into a chatroom to complain. His chatroom moniker is the Vin
Katherine
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, reviewed
Do you love baseball? Do you think it is priced out of the reach of families? Are the players overpayed? How about that baseball strike back a few years ago? Can you imagine the nerve of those guys? What can we do about it? Isn't there someway to send a message to those pampered, spoiled, drug abusing, woman dissing, prima donas? How about we kill a couple of them off to get their attention? Anybody out there who feels the same way?

A chat room, a lonely, slightly off kilter guy, and a manipulat
Brenda
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Baseball is as American as apple pie, and plenty of people build their lives around their favorite players and teams. When the game goes on strike over salaries plenty of fans are unhappy, but a man who likes to call himself "The Vindicator" decides to strike back and teach the baseball industry a lesson by singling out some of the most high paid, popular stars in the business and murdering them. From the beginning his methods are clever and he doesn't leave many clues behind. It really becomes ...more
Jennifer (JC-S)
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
‘The pounding on the door was so unexpected that he spilled part of his drink.’

Baseball players are on strike, and they certainly don’t have everyone’s sympathy. The Vindicator wants to teach them a lesson, and what better way to do this than by killing some of the league’s top players? Randy Larkin and the team at the Peterson Detective Agency are having coffee when news breaks Bobby Chapel’s murder. They talk about the case:

‘Sounds like someone who has just taken the first step in what is pla
Stephanie
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
THREE STRIKES AND YOU’RE DEAD, a baseball-themed crime novel, is the second sports mystery from the Connecticut-based Michael Draper, following on the heels of his basketball-centered SPLATTERED BLOOD. It continues with the protagonists of his first, while giving us a tight new mystery set in a new sports milieu.

Baseball has gone on strike; its new season is in jeopardy; its fans are not happy. A chat room group "Friends against the baseball strike" complains of the star players’ multi-million
Heather Pearson
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
There are some people who live and breath sports, and I'm talking about the spectators. When a lengthy strike threatens, baseball fan Joseph Skubul can't just sit at home and wait for it to end, he takes action. While chatting on an online forum, he joins forces with a person who identifies himself as The Advocate, and they make a plan. Not only are they miffed by the strike, but they are disgusted with the enormous salaries that the top players are pulling in. They want to bring baseball to it' ...more
LORI CASWELL
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Angered fans take to a chat room to complain about the baseball strike and madness ensues.

I didn’t realize this was the 2nd book with these characters but had no trouble following the story. Roseanne has decided that she, her brother, Graham, and Randy all need to become private investigators and somehow convince the powers that be at the baseball league they are perfect to investigate these murders. After that the story takes off on a wild ride.

I am very impressed with the wr
Julie Barrett
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Three Strikes and You're Dead by Michael Draper
I liked this book for a few reasons: it's about baseball players and the travel. It's not a book I'd typically read but the author sent a copy along.
I hope baseball never goes on strike, it's too American but with the very high paychecks some get, in this story the game is put on hold. A few of the higher paid players are killed, by various means and we learn their story and also that others are planning for more deaths.
They want the game to go back
Diane
Apr 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was asked if I would be willing to read this and review it. To be honest I don't like baseball. Didn't even like it as a kid or to play it in school after getting hit with a baseball bat and two black eyes. So I was not sure about this.

Well I found out this was not strictly about baseball league. The story is also a mystery. We find out the baseball league has gone on sticky. Which is not new, but someone is not happy with the high paying players and is killing them off. They fell the fans sh
Michael
Marianne
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a well-written tale not only of murder but of the power of manipulation. It involves three very likable characters who find themselves pursuing private investigation after having solved a personal complex case.

Baseball is on strike, and some of the highest paid team members are being murdered. The authorities are having a difficult time tracking down the killer, and as time is going by, more players are becoming victims. Now, with the assistance of Roseanne, Graham, and Randy, leads beg
Sharon
Oct 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
I read Mike Draper's book called Splattered Blood so you can imagine that I was pleasantly surprised when I found this story was also about Randy, Roseanne and Graham.

The book is a mystery centered around the highest paid baseball players being murdered. The MLB is on strike and someone is very angry about this because they feel that the players already make too much money and that they are stealing America's favorite pastime. The more the players make, the more the tickets cost etc and now it
Dana Burgess
+I received a copy of this e-book from the author in exchange for an honest review. Honestly - I very much enjoyed this book: the story is solid and the characters are well rounded. It did take a few chapters before I was really transported into the story and was able to get past what I would call a rough writing style but I was glad I stuck it out because I was treated to a great experience. All in all, a good book - solid entertainment.
Shelley
Jan 16, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: guest
Author's guest post at my blog:
Marilyn Dalla
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you like sports sprinkled with suspense and psychological manipulation, this is the book for you. Great job, Michael.
Patricia
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had the pleasure of getting to know this author, Michael A. Draper, (now deceased), when I reviewed his first novel “Splattered Blood” in 2012. https://thejoyofthewrittenword.com/20...

Draper’s second novel, “Three Strikes and You’re Dead”, did not disappoint. In his first novel I admired Draper’s writing skill. I still do. The story moves along at a quick pace, while at the same time developing the characters within the plot itself.

While this book is written with the baseball fan in mind, you
Michael A. Draper holds a master's degree in teaching from Saint Michael's College in Vermont. He spent four years in the Air Force, achieving the rank of captain. Currently agent emeritus in the field of life insurance and retirement planning, Mr. Draper found a great deal of inspiration for this novel while working with law enforcement personnel.