Start by marking “The War Within "Kira's Crisis" (The War Within, #1)” as Want to Read:
The War Within "Kira's Crisis" (The War Within, #1)

Read Excerpt

The War Within "Kira's Crisis" (The War Within, #1)

Kira Allen has endured her fair share of bumps and bruises. Growing up with an unstable childhood and having to battle with a mental illness, resulted in her never expecting too much out of life. That is until the day she encountered Avery Watson, it was love at first sight. She and Avery have amazing friends, share two adorable kids, and embody a passionate and forever lo ...more
Paperback, 1, 300 pages
Published August 12th 2014 by Tye Shirelle (first published August 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The War Within "Kira's Crisis", please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The War Within "Kira's Crisis"

Minerva
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I would like to Thank Tye Shirelle for the opportunity to read and review your book.

Faced with a heinous betrayal by the person she loves the most, Kira's illness spirals out of control. Lack of treatment surrenders her to reckless behavior and uncontrolled actions. Can she ever forgive Avery for her treachery? Will Avery be able to get passed Kira’s reaction and love her enough to fight to repair the damage their relationship endured? Can they keep their family together?

Rating

Review
Shelley
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The War Within is a story of love, family, loss, betrayal, and mental illness. It is an emotional look at one woman’s struggle with the various aspects of her life as she copes with bipolar disorder.

Kira didn’t have a picture perfect childhood. Growing up with a mother who suffered from mental illness meant that Kira’s life was difficult, lonely, and filled with inconsistencies. Her mother’s illness ended up pushing loved ones away and out of Kira’s life.

Kira ended up making a wonderful life for
Chasity
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
‘The War Within’ was an intriguing, touching story about love and heartache. Kira, one of the main characters suffers from bi-polar disorder. This story follows Kira during some of her best times. Kira’s mother suffered from bi-polar disorder, which caused a very rocky childhood for Kira. This was a story of love, loss, hardships, betrayal, and suffering.
I thought the book was well written and told a very touching story. I thought Avery and Kira were both interesting characters. However I though
Serenity
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book brought me on the best emotional journey this year. It's got a good pace and storyline to keep you glued until the end.

Avery and Kira have a good relationship and a good like altogether. Its a real relationship and what a relationship can go through in real life. You have ups and downs and I enjoyed watching them face each challenge and find a way to make it through it.

This is a new lesbian story for me and it has to be one of the best. The story is heartfelt and can even be relatable
Rochelle Webb
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I first want to thank Tye Shirelle for giving me this wonderful novel. I would have never realize it was your first. The way you explain your story I could picture my self with Kira, Avery, Emma and Evie. Plus I want to tell you how much I enjoyed not just another love story but a girl on girl. Not to many people have the balls to put a good novel together. But yours wasn't just good. It was outstanding. I'm not a lesbian but I felt my inner lesbian come out after I read this well put together s ...more
Rena Huisman
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely a book about love, passion, and heartache. It gave a glimpse into the life of a woman who suffered from bi-polar disorder, and her attempt to live a version of a "normal" life among her wife, children, and friends, while trying to be true to herself. I am so glad that I took the opportunity to read this book.
Brenna Jameson
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For a debut novel this was intriguing! Forget about the lesbian couple, this is just about a REAL couple and the problems REAL people face. I want more ... pronto... because I need to know what happens with.... "oh wait, never mind". This is a spoiler free review. Read this book and then decide what would you do in this situation? Does love conquer all? I don' t know but I Need the next book.
Shawnie T
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a fantastic book! I so enjoyed reading a novel about a lesbian marriage that accurately portrays the ins and outs of the relationship. As a lesbian it is difficult to find a book that I am able to connect to as I did this one. I believe that this novel brings to light issues that many are to afraid to portray. Well done Tye Shirelle!
Jeanne
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
What a great book. I cant wait for #2. I experienced the highs and lows right along with Kira. It was an interesting look into a not often written about illness. I may have gotten teary eyed in a part or two.
Bobbi
Seems to end suddenly with nothing resolved. Sequel coming maybe?
JaimeL
Jul 21, 2018
Tye Shirelle
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Montaza
Dawn
Aug 30, 2014
R. Mark
Aug 31, 2014
I live in Northern Virginia with my wife and two daughters. I am an avid reader and writer. I have taught middle and high school English for ten years. I have many artistic interests and have worked as an independent photographer. I created the book cover for The War Within and several other products. A devoted mother, I started out writing short stories as bedtime entertainment when my children w ...more
“I know, but Jesus Kira, even Achilles had a weakness.” 0 likes