Start by marking “Six Feet Under (Mad Love Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Six Feet Under (Mad Love Duet, #1)

Six Feet Under

(Mad Love Duet #1)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  418 Ratings  ·  193 Reviews
Six wasn’t the hero I needed.

But he was the man I wanted.

And it was my selfish craving, the desire to own him, that would be our undoing.

No one tells you that love is a disease. An infection that tears your heart apart, leaving you half the person you were before. A malady that leaves open wounds. An invisible disorder tracing scars in the places you couldn’t see if you w
ebook
Published April 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Six Feet Under, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Six Feet Under

Dri ✰
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 4 “Every beginning has an end” stars!! ★

“You look so beautifully wild (...) Like a thunderstorm, right before it unleashes its fury.”

Mira me deixou em um conflito constante. Personagem única. Impulsiva. Intensa e imprevisível. Um verdadeiro furacão. Foi extremamente difícil acompanhar seus passos e não sentir raiva, indignação e revolta com suas ações e ao mesmo tempo compreeder o seu estado emocional. A sua luta diária.
Ela conseguiu—com sucesso—despertar todos os tipos de emoções em mim;
Ashley (5171MilesBooks)
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, loves
Full review posted on: 5171 Miles Book Blog.

Oh, my heart. I'm not even halfway through this book at the moment of writing this, but I had to stop and quickly jot down thoughts before I've forgotten them.

This book explains the substance of our feelings as humans. The main thing all of us want is to be loved unconditionally, to know no matter how much we screw up we won't be left and alone. There is so much hurt and ugliness in the world, it's hard not to be a little broken.
Six is the epitome of
Paige
I should not have read the preview to the next book. *deep breaths into a paper bag*

4 “Whirlwind” Stars

Six Feet Under is a kind of manic love story with a fairly unlikeable (at first) heroine and a hero that even at the end of the book is still kind of shrouded in mystery. Mira and Six’s relationship spans years, goes through upheaval after upheaval with a whirlwind love story thrown in the mix.

Mira is suffering from mental illness. Has been her whole life. And nothing seems to quiet the crazy
Whitney Barbetti
Aug 13, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Sneak peek at a tiny part of the synopsis. Keep in mind, this will be a dark book. The title alone should tell you that.

____
I kissed death more than once.

Angry lines cut across my arms and throat and thighs, marking the paths I followed to meet my creator.

But each time I kissed death, Six pulled me out.
____

Follow me on Facebook for updates, or join my fan group.
Talon
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Sometimes, in moments like that one, I wondered at all the love I held for him. Love that seemed too big for me to contain behind my ribs."

Years. That is the amount of time I have waited for this story from Whitney Barbetti. Weeks. That is the amount of time it took me to read and devour this book. That's not a bad thing though. It's quite the opposite. I beta read this book for Whitney and she sent me bits and pieces at different intervals of time. I am so glad I read it that way because the
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ★'s

“On a scale of one to ten, how much do you love me right now?”

This is a story about a girl with a mental illness. And that mental illness makes her cut and take drugs and drink and take all kinds of crazy, reckless, irresponsible chances. She lies and she steals and the list just goes on and on. And it makes you wonder what in the hell does this good looking, wonderful, great guy named Six sees in her? It's hard to not wonder if he's up to something. Was he hired by her Mom? And what abo
Na
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it
"But every beginning has an ending"

To be honest, I have no idea how I really feel about this book. Six Feet Under targets a heavy topic. A topic you most likely only truly understand if you walked in the same or at least very similar shoes. And I think Whitney did a tremendous job, creating such a broken character. Mira is so selfish, I couldn't bring myself to really like her or to see what Six might be seeing in her. But at the same time I felt so sorry, for both of them.

"I don't embrace the d
Greta
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Sometimes pain is more than just a feeling. It's a thing that lives in me. I'm wound so tight that I'm suffocating. It's better to hurt than to be numb."

Iniziamo subito con dire che questo libro fa male al cuore. Six Feet Under è una storia che ci fa conoscere Mira e Six, una coppia già conosciuta nel duet della Barbetti 'He Found Me' e hanno anche qualche apparizione in 'Ten Below Zero'. Quando lessi quest'ultimo, sono rimasta subito attratta da questi due misteriosi personaggi, e quando s
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Six Feet Under (Mad Love Duet #1)
By Whitney Barbetti
4.5 Stars

Well my goodness what an emotional journey Six Feet Under took me on. This is not a glitter and sparkly rainbows story. It’s one that gives you a wounded young lady who is dealing with mental illness.

Mira has heard voices in her head since a young child. Voices that tell her to do things that you and I know are not what we should do. But to Mira, those voices give her freedom.

Growing older, she found that along with the voices, now y
Carla Bulian
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ana Vizentim
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
3,5 “On a scale of one to ten, how much do you love me right now?” Staars

To be honest, I have no idea how I really feel about this book.
There are so many unanswered questions that I can't understand...
Her recovery...
How he loved her despite all her problems...
Lydia and Cora/Andra...

I really don't know how to feel about this book.....
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cant even describe in the English dictionary the correct words to describe how phenomenal this story was. The writing is out of this word addicting. The story line in itself will make you feel, & bleed every single line, paragraph, chapter, scene. I can go on and on.

These characters i feel as if I know them. I was right there with them through it all. I’m not even gonna go into what this story is about. Read the blurb alone.

I’m so scared for book 2. Completely, blown. Away.

Whitney what
Mandie
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book!! I’m having so many raw emotions about this book! It was so beautifully written! I cried, and then cried some more! I can’t even describe my emotions more than that! This book will forever be in my mind!! It’s one of my tops reads of the year so far!!!
I just can’t wait to read the next book!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own
Vanessa (nessreads)
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 "On a scale of one to ten" Stars!!!!!

I feel like I've just gone 10 rounds in a boxing ring with Mike Tyson. I am laying on the floor trying to catch my breath. I am exhausted and emotionally drained. I can't move, I am physically incapable of moving one muscle, the only exception is writing this review. Whitney Barbetti has ruined me. I AM RUINED! If I had any more tears to cry I'm sure they'd be running down my face. I can't think straight
Elizabeth Sherrell (Elizabeth’s Pretty Little Reads)
“Like a parade through my heart, a storm over my soul. It wasn't a fall; it was an explosion, obliterating my life. What had been nothing had become everything. Love put me in a chokehold.”

Give me a book that’ll make me think and feel. A book that’ll make me think outside the norm, and feel every thing a little more. A book that’ll bring me to tears. One that’ll open my mind and heart to subjects, situations, topics that aren’t an everyday discussion, but should be.

The writing in this novel is
Whitney
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“It amazed me that love couldn’t bottom out, that there wasn’t an end to it. That the space allocated for love was infinite.”

I’m not even sure where to start . . . I’ve been waiting for this book for what feels like forever. I love these characters so much, and I’m so happy to finally have their story.

I’ve been a fan of Whitney Barbetti’s writing for a long time. She makes me feel a whole gamut of emotions with every book, but with Six Feet Under, the emotions evoked were deeper and more inten
Karlie (cozyreadsandtea)
*3.5 stars
Rabiya
Apr 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
Can't wait to read it.
Love Whitney ❤
Elizabeth (Liz)
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, genuine, honest depiction of alcoholism and mental illness and the connections to people we love. Mira’s character development is handled so, so well - both as simply a human being, and also within the context of her alcoholism and mental illness. Bravo, Whitney Barbetti! It’s also just an incredibly compelling read for those looking only to be entertained (and nothin’ wrong with that). Six is...wow. He’s more complex than I originally thought, and I still wonder just what his reasoni ...more
EscapeNBooks
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Six Feet Under by Author Whitney Barbetti is book one in the Mad Love Duet, a highly emotional and angst-filled contemporary romance.

“The voices never steered me wrong, because I always got something I didn't know I needed as a result. A high, fame, attention, and most of all: a sense of belonging. Every story has a “but” though, and he was mine. The voices did me a favor until they told me to talk to him.”

The very beginning of this novel gave such a vivid perspective of a daunting reality. Mira
Chelsea | WithHerBooks
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Six Feet Under … WOW. I think I’m still processing everything. And that ending though! Whitney Barbetti has given me one of the biggest book hangovers I’ve had in a while with this one. Yet, I regret absolutely nothing.

“It was nearly impossible to keep up my tough girl persona when someone could see the cracks beneath it.”

I would like to begin with giving readers a warning about the sensitive subject-matter in this book. It may not be for everyone as it deals with topics such as addiction, dru
Cindy
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books-2018
Phenomenal! WOW!!! What one hell of an emotional journey Six Feet Under is. From a woman who struggles from mental illness and self harm, to that ending, WHOA!!!

Mira has always heard the voices in her head, voices that talk to her, tell her to do things. Between drug abuse, alcohol, and self harm she's learned to quiet the voices at times. Then she meets Six and her life is turned upside down!!

I ADORED Six. He's patient with Mira. Does everything he can to get her better. The way he takes his t
Tania  Desired Reads Bookblog
Wow this book was fantastic!!!
It places you inside Mira's head, whom is dealing with mental illness, her relief is cutting, drugs and alcohol.
This book spiked my anxiety, it had me on edge,
It sucks you in and messes with your emotions. It was raw, intense and gut wrenching.
On a bender night out Mira meets a stranger at a bar by the name of Six. After multiple run ins she becomes fascinated wity him.
The two form a unique bond.
Six becomes the one person who loves her, and wants to save her from th
Kim Whitehead
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a difficult book to read!! The struggles of mental illness and addiction is so hard to grasp. It’s hard to understand what really goes on in their minds! So many ups and downs!
Giovanna Conte
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4,5
Melissa  Wright
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a story. This book will suck you in. It is such such an emotional read. Its raw and true in the world of someone suffering mentally.

Mira will make you angry, have you lauging, hurting, and crying. Her pain she goes through everyday is real. You will want to scream at her sometimes, but then you see how really strong she becomes.

Six will have you falling in love with him from the beginning. His love and support he has for Mira is unconditional.

The ending is a cliffhanger be warned and i
Cindy M. Green
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Six Feet Under is not a romance for the faint of heart. If you are looking for hearts and flowers with swooning oooo’s and aaaaah’s, this is not the love story for you. The journey of Mira ad Six is honest, heartbreaking and at times downright sad. Along with the bad, there are good, happy moments for Mira and Six. There are times to cherish as they try to navigate the complexities of their new relationship.

Mira suffers from mental illness, life does not come easy to her and every day is a battl
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
Six Feet Under was a very interesting read for me. It’s very long and the first half felt super slow, so I was struggling at one point, but I’m so glad I stuck it out. I feel so bad for Six, it just breaks my heart to pieces! Although, to be fair, I know NOTHING about him and KILLS me. I am praying to the book gods that book two is in his POV, although I’m almost certain it’s not. I need to get into his head!

One thing that is really unique about this book is the way that time passes. I don’t wa
  • One Last Ride (Second Chance, #3)
  • Lovers Like Us (Like Us, #2)
  • Untitled (Bad Blood, #2)
  • Be Mine
  • Destined to Forgive (Destined, #3)
  • There's Fire (Jameson Sisters, #2)
  • The Invisible Lie
  • Untitled (Fairfax, #3)
  • Irrevocable Trust (Irreparable, #1.5)
  • Beauty Hurts (Beautiful, #0.5)
  • Balancing Pointe (CageVec Security, #2)
  • Nearly Undone (Nearly, #3)
  • Keeping Alex (An Unexpected Fate, #1)
  • Echo the Stars
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Memphis Lights (Country Star, #1)
  • Wrapped in You (Waiting for You, #2)
  • Unleashed
***Please message me via my website - I am almost never on Goodreads! Thank you!***

Join my Facebook fan group (not a street team) for first looks at upcoming books, exclusive cover reveals, and giveaways!

I am the author of new adult and contemporary romance novels. Please visit my website to see all of my current novels.

Mad Love Duet (2 books)
  • Pieces of Eight (Mad Love Duet, #2)
“You kiss me with lips that have loved another,
And you tell me words that you´ve said before,
And I let myself pretend for a moment that you are not the sum of your memories.
I tell myself these lies so you don´t have to.”
2 likes
“I´d learned that those who looked the best were actually the worst on the inside.” 1 likes