Start by marking “Affliction (Knights Rebels MC, #2)” as Want to Read:
Affliction (Knights Rebels MC, #2)

Affliction (Knights Rebels MC #2)

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  8,522 Ratings  ·  832 Reviews
Three little words are all it takes to rip his world apart. Lost in his own affliction, Sy has been living in a darkness that he doesn't ever want to let go of.

Until she arrives and shines her light so bright that nothing else mattered.

She was only in it for the chase, for the thrill of capturing the unattainable.
But what happens when her world shatters around her, spiral
Published November 29th 2014

Captivated by You by Sylvia DayRuin by C.D. ReissRowdy by Jay CrownoverYou Were Mine by Abbi GlinesRipped by Katy Evans
2014 Romantic Releases (October to December)
19th out of 420 books — 1,915 voters
Reaper's Property by Joanna WyldeMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyUndeniable by Madeline SheehanReaper's Legacy by Joanna WyldeOwn the Wind by Kristen Ashley
Motorcycle MC
39th out of 421 books — 1,125 voters

More lists with this book...

Lisa
Dec 02, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, for-review

See my review at Sinfully Sexy .

4 Stars!

description

Affliction is book two in River Savage’s Knights Rebels MC series. I became an instant fan of this author and this series after reading book one, Incandescent. Once again this author has penned another raw and gritty tale. While the first book was more light-hearted and fun, this second installment to the series has more serious undertones as our hero and heroine struggle with being completely enveloped with a darkness that threatens to consumes them.
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
DNF @ 38%

Sadly the plot had two things I don't like....

and

...okay make that three. It also had the dreaded (view spoiler) plot line. Which in turn led to all of the secrets and drama.

WARNING: Plot spoiler ahead....

(view spoiler)
 ⊱✿⊰ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰
Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review THANK YOU!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY RATING Affliction (Knights Rebels MC, #2) by River Savage

SY THE BADASS BROODY SEXY BIKER

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this WAY more than book 1!! This just made me feel, the emotional turmoil of losing a loved one, the battle of guilt, trying to move on with life, just so beautifully written, LOVED every moment of reading this and I freaking can not wait for the next book in this series!!

You really are a ball of
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
dnf @ 70%

I simply couldn't bring myself to care about the characters. I dont know if it's because of me or because of the writing.

This book deals with some serious topics namely (view spoiler) but the writing was not good enough to deliver those emotions to me IMO.

And I just want to add that this whole
I-was-so-horny-that-I-forgot-about-using-protection-shit

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

Email: sizzlingpages@gmail.com

Incandescent REVIEW HERE

Wow, totally blown away here.

From the moment Holly and Sy met in Incandescent I was screaming inside.

They had such an intense attraction that sizzled underneath. Sy's animosity and ambivalent attitude just made me want to peel back his layers. I wanted to see the man beneath the inked fortress he’s erected for so
ღFloღ the coffee addict
2 don't let the pretty pic fool you STARS

“She thinks no one can see it; see the hurt she hides behind, but to me it stands out, screaming for someone to take it all.
If only I weren't so fucked up, maybe I could help her.”

That's pretty much the books in two sentences.

The second instalment in the Knights Rebels MC series tells the story of Sy and Holly. Both characters were introduced in Incandescent. Holly is Kadence's best friend and Sy is part of Nix's MC. After really loving the first boo
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***3.5 Stars***

After the events of the first book, I was really curious how the author was going to figure everything out between Holly and Sy....and I have to say, she did a good job!

First off, let me just say that Sy's past broke my freaking heart! Any time I saw those damn italics appear on page, I had to brace myself for some serious heart squeezing emotion.

The beginning of Sy and Holly's relationship was intense and dysfunctional. It was spurred on by pure lust and attraction. A lot of th
Mrs. JesseWard
Dec 05, 2014 Mrs. JesseWard rated it it was amazing
~~~~~~ 5 "Sunshine Stars" ~~~~~~

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book.

Oh my God...Sy is a true Alpha, a dirty talker, a badass broody Hotmess Biker. This man is sex on a stick!!!

description

Holly is sassy and sexy who after the events of first book has spiraled into a dark place and Sy is drawn to her and knows he can help her overcome her emotional scars.

description

I loved this book more than first one.
The ending was great. I highly recommend it to every one that loved Incandscent! Affliction will not disappoint you guys!

Ca
Polly
Dec 02, 2014 Polly rated it it was amazing
Y'all know I have love/hate relationship with MC books.

Well this one was great!!

It was alpha, gritty, and super sexy without the guy being a dick.

The perfect kind of MC book in my opinion!

I'm a bit worried about the next book but fingers crossed Ms. Savage continues to write "Polly Friendly" MC books!
JudyB
This was a good love story centered around two people who struggle through some very heavy emotional issues to find true love and happiness. The story actually dealt more with their own personal struggles and the negative impact of being afraid to share and face the terrible losses in your life. Sy is one hot, moody, unhappy man who expects full disclosure from Holly but fails to completely put all of his cards down until the last part of the book. But I think he is one of the most sensitive her ...more
CC
Aug 20, 2015 CC rated it liked it
Shelves: safe-for-me, series
I know this book is generally highly rated and I recognize the quality of the work. However it was just too much sadness and despair for me to really enjoy in this genre. I liked the characters and admired them for trying to survive the tragedies in their lives, but there was so much sadness. Sy was such an asshole to her in he prior book I jut did not see it as a foundation for any friendship/relationship. I know he was dependable to her during her troubles, but I had a hard time letting go of ...more
Vanessa
4 Sexy Sy Stars!

photo AfflictionCasting_zpsaa6a96f8.jpg

Wow! This was a great book! I really liked it!!! Sy is sexy, tortured, and alpha! Found another new author to stalk.
Lindsay
This book leaves me torn. When I read Incandescent, I loved Sy. He was quiet and moody and mysterious. I even liked Holly. She was fun and a great friend to Kadence. But there was something different in this book. I'm not sure exactly what changed with Holly, but she felt off to me. Her fun personalty came off as annoying sass that was trying too hard. So it was really hard to connect with her in the beginning. And I really didn't like her for Sy.

It wasn't until the overlapping events from the
Sheridan
First off, I have been in a constant state of readiness ever since I read Incandescent and was introduced to Sy and Holly. I do love me some Kadence and Nix, but I really enjoyed Sy and Holly. If ever there was a couple that deserved to be together – it’s them. If ever there were two individuals, who based upon their past experiences, could help the other out – it’s them. From book one in the Knights Rebel series you are introduced to Sy’s character quiet, sullen, brooding and you are introduced ...more
Sweet Daisey
Affliction was awesome. I love a good MC biker book and this was one of the best. Holly and Sy's story was a heartbreakingly touching emotional roller coaster. Sy was a rough, sexy alpha biker with a tragic past and a broken heart. Holly was a fun loving party girl until her life is shattered in an act of violence. Their chemistry was amazing and story really draws you in as Sy and Holly try to help each other heal from their emotional and physical wounds. I definitely recommend this book and lo ...more
Vasiliki
Jan 28, 2016 Vasiliki rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

Most of the times in a series, the first book is amazing and the second is just a rewrite! This is not the case with this series! The story of Sy and Holly is beautiful!!!! Really beautiful! The writing is amazing and the plot moves again fast. The book is written again from a double POV (Holly's and Sy's) and POV is changed with every chapter (like in the previous book) but the author had another ace in her sleeve for this book. The book doesn't start where the previous book stopped but
Paige
4.5 "SuperSy" Stars

After having finished Nix and Kadence's story, I was so ready to dive into Sy and Holly's. Even though these are all standalone novels, I think it really helped that I read Incandescent first since Holly and Sy's story really starts then. Even though we only got a glimpse into what was happening between them, I think that point of view was really beneficial to completely understanding their connection. And what a beautiful connection in was.

Sy's story started with a gut wrenc
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Book Basics

Genre : - Contemporary Romance
Series : - 2nd in the series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - yes
Rating - 4 stars

Review

Another great addition to the series.

Not as light-hearted as book 1 in my opinion.

The first 25% or so touches on the timeline and events from book 1 - I would say it is necessary to read book 1 first,
~Dawn~TUG
Nov 19, 2014 ~Dawn~TUG rated it it was amazing
Shelves: august-release
**Copy kindly received from Ms. Savage in exchange for an honest review and blog tour...been waiting for this one!! Thank you..

FUCKING LOVED IT!! Full review to follow...

Two Unruly Girls Blog

TUG Facebook
Sarine
ok those two books i read were so good ! i can't wait to see the other 2 alpha biker hot dudes !!!!
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
We met Holly in Incandescent as the totally cool BFF of Kadence. And then something awful happened to her at the end of the first book.

In the second book we get to find out how she and Sy got together. And we get to know what makes Sy Tick.

This story had me in tears in the first chapter and reading Sy's story was heartbreaking.

“I’m not letting you get lost again. I’m not letting you become me.”

He had so much patience with Holly, trying to get her to be the girl she was before the tragedy stru
Vallsykes
Jul 20, 2015 Vallsykes rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: those in need of a quick biker fix and can forgive shortcomings. LOL
2.5 stars, same rating as the first, unfortunately
description
This starts off with a very devastated biker...and me, the reader, mad at women who deceive men in really raw ways. This trope is sooo done sometimes. Overcooked or unfinished.

But anyway, I kept reading and when the hurt and afflicted biker, Sy, tries and fails to fight his combustible attraction to a woman who is apparently "his type" (banging body and long blonde hair, like his ex, his kryptonite), the heat is ON.

Of course these two torch the
Gillian
Nov 24, 2014 Gillian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It’s a twister…it’s a twister…umm actually no its that friggin’ River Savage with her second installment in the Knights Rebels’ MC Affliction.

Let me tell you it sure as shit does feels like a tornado…an emotional all-consuming one, and I fucking loved every second of it!

Affliction sucks you in immediately and turns your emotional state around and around, twisting you this way, then that way, all the while simply tearing though your heart and reeking havoc like a mother-fucking cyclone!

If you t
Julia's Book Haven
Dec 05, 2014 Julia's Book Haven rated it it was amazing
"Five SuperSy Stars!!!" <3
 ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋLina's Reviews Book Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo REVIEWBUTTON_zpsdoyr98fj.jpg

I've been wanting to start this series since forever!!! I kept hearing about the books but I never had the chance to sit down and read them. Affliction has got to be one of the best biker reads I've ever had the pleasure of reading.
The book is raw, emotional and it doesn't sugar-coat life's blows.
We meet Sy who is a member of the Knights Rebels MC. He is quiet, gruff and his eyes speak of danger and raw pain.
When Holly gets caught up in his world, their fates become entwined. Holly is deeply at
Ellen
Having read and loved Incandescent, I couldn't wait to read Affliction, the second book in the Knight's Rebels MC series. Affliction was a but of a surprise, having a much more emotional story than the first book in the series. This book can absolutely be read as a standalone, although the characters are first introduced in Book One and some of the plot might be a little spoiler-ish.

Sy is angry, gruff, and hard-edged, having suffered a very, very painful loss several years before. He spends the
Val ⚓️ Shameless,  Bitchy & Skanky ⚓️ Mrs. ClayDanvers/RemingtonTate
3.75-4 Stars

I liked this one a lot better than the first one, although I find myself not having all that much to say about it at the moment. But that's what happens when you read 4 books in one day and get 1 hour of sleep.

Perhaps I might try to write a proper review on this later...but I doubt it.
 B.E.Love
Feb 11, 2015 B.E.Love rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars, I loved book 1 and and loved this book too. Loved the hero Sy and the heroine Holly. This is a great series, and I can't wait for book 3.
**sorry my review sucks but that's all I can muster while I'm sick. I'll come back later to write a real review.
I LOVED THIS!!!! Enough said.
  • Anguish (Jokers' Wrath MC, #3)
  • Craving Resurrection (The Aces, #4)
  • Beautiful Outlaw (Savage Outlaws MC #1)
  • Into the Storm (Signal Bend, #3)
  • Sal (The Ride #2)
  • Broken & Burned (The Sacred Hearts MC #2)
  • Reaper's Stand (Reapers MC, #4)
  • The Diary of Bink Cummings: Vol 3 (MC Chronicles, #3)
  • Shades (Evil Dead MC, #3)
  • Withstanding Me (Breakneck, #2)
  • The Scars That Define Us (The Devil's Dust, #2)
  • For Her Honor (Mountain Skulls MC #2)
  • Soothing His Madness (Bantorus MC, #3)
  • Raine Falling (Hells Saints Motorcycle Club, #1)
8219684
River Savage is the Author of the Knights Rebels MC Series. She released her debut novel, Incandescent, in August 2014.

An avid reader of romance and erotic novels, her love for books and reading fueled her passion for writing. Reading no longer sated her addiction, so she started writing in secret. She never imagined that her dream of publishing a novel would ever be achievable.
With a soft spot
More about River Savage...

Knights Rebels MC (6 books)
  • Incandescent (Knights Rebels MC, #1)
  • Desertion (Knights Rebels MC, #3)
  • Infatuation (Knights Rebels MC, #4)
  • Reminiscence (Knights Rebels MC #5)
  • Audacious (Knights Rebels MC #6)

“Do you believe in God?” Her small hand grips onto my larger one. “Yeah, baby girl,” I say, looking down and watching her smile at my answer. “Do you think God will let me see you again?” She continues to ask questions that keep breaking me. “I know he will,” I say, believing it more than anything. My faith has now been shaken, but I can't lose hope that where she is going will be somewhere beautiful and amazing. “When I go to God, will I see Charlie the goldfish?” She yawns, almost drifting off as the hospital machines beep around us. I nearly smile at her question, but I can’t, because at the end of the day we’re talking about death, and the inevitable end that’s fast approaching. “I don’t know, baby girl,” I tell her, wishing I had the right answers for her.” 10 likes
“I want serious, baby. You’re it for me.” 3 likes