Start by marking “The Glowing Knight (The Orphan Queen, #0.2)” as Want to Read:
The Glowing Knight (The Orphan Queen, #0.2)

The Glowing Knight

(The Orphan Queen #0.2)

Skyvale faces problems worse than anyone realizes. Secrets are building. Enemies are everywhere. Told from the perspective of Tobiah, the crown prince with a dangerous secret, and set two years before the heart-racing action of The Orphan Queen, this 100-page digital novella brings to life one of Jodi Meadows's most beloved characters.

Tobiah Pierce is ready to break free o
Published September 1st 2015 by Harper Teen Impulse

To ask other readers questions about The Glowing Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Glowing Knight

Eragon by Christopher PaoliniAlanna by Tamora PierceBitterblue by Kristin CashorePoison Study by Maria V. SnyderThe Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
YA Second World Fantasy
525 books — 750 voters
The Orb of Truth by Brae WyckoffNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerGraceling by Kristin CashoreBreaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerEclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Objects
202 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Glowing Knight (The Orphan Queen, #0.2)
Jodi Meadows
Aug 12, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Pass pages turned in. :)
Alaina
Another reason why I love novellas (other than being super short and quick reads) is that they can be so funny. The Glowing Knight will make you laugh because it does have some pretty funny moments. I love reading more about Tobiah and he seems to be a crowd favorite. I'm definitely leaning on the 'FULL ON LOVE TOBIAH" than the hating part right now. I hope?

I loved reading more about his life and him being a vigilante. It's sad that he's just realizing that the people closes to him can betray hi
Taschima
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Glowing Knight is part hilarious part too short.

On the one hand you have Tobiah being all clumsy while trying to throw himself from one building to the next without breaking any bones, and trying to flee the police while investigating his professor and Lord Hensley. It is hilarious seeing him realize that tailing someone might require a bit more skill than what he anticipated.

It is also quite saddening to see him completely break out of his glass bubble and realizing old friends may betray,
Pili
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was exactly the one and probably only thing I could read and enjoy during my massive postQoS book hangover!
Seeing the very beginnings of Black Knife as a vigilante, without proper attire or even training, huffing and puffing while trying to discover the truth about The Burning Hand and the selling of Firefly, it was both fun, endearing and intriguing! I cannot wait to see how this rather useless vigilante beginner becomes the smooth master that we met in The Orphan Queen!

And then we have ch
★MC's Corner★
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
UGH! HOW LONG AM I GOING TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE?!
Katerina Kondrenko
6 out of 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

Short-Soundtrack:
Inon Zur – Covert Action
Inon Zur – Dust & Danger
Icon Music – Quick Burning Wick

That's funny, but Tobiah and Meredith's relationship got better development in the bonuses, than his and Wil's in the book. In this part our restless prince for the first time goes for an adv
Adriyanna Zimmermann
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Glowing Knight by Jodi Meadows follows where it left off in The Hidden Prince and I must say, I loved this one even more! I was right into it from the beginning and got nostalgic feelings for The Orphan Queen. There’s action, mystery and of course those unexpected plot twists Meadows is known for (at least when it comes to TOQ).

It’s here Tobiah goes on his first ‘dangerous mission’ trying to catch a dangerous criminal who’s been using magic to threaten and hurt people. Tobiah’s professor is
Sarah K
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I need MORE!

The Glowing Knight continues to show how Black Knife started his vigilante activities and more is revealed about the mystery of The Burning Hand.

It's another great novella! My only problem is I WANT MORE! I'm glad there are two more novellas in this series. I need them!

This novellas also contains chapter 3 and 4 of The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen book 2).
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
I snuck this in today at work. :) I liked seeing Tobiah's beginnings as the Black Knife, but now I can't wait to get home so I can read more of The Mirror King. :P
Carrie
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, fantasy, read-2015
Review originally posted at:
Once Upon A Dream Books

Break glass in case of emotions, yeah that applies.

NO I'M NOT PANICKING, AND NO I'M NOT FLAILING, BUT I AM FALLING IN LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN.

I loved Tobiah in The Orphan Queen, he was easily one of my top favorites in the series. But the Tobiah I adored in book one was not the same one from the novellas. He hadn't yet undergone whatever changes he needed to make to become that guy.

Looking back, it was like we met him during the middle of his life's journey. These no
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The Glowing Knight Review on K-Books

After completely devouring The Hidden Prince, I couldn't wait to read more and start The Glowing Knight. I felt like this novella was a little bit more slow-paced than the last one but that didn't really take anything away from my overall enjoyment of it.

Once again I loved seeing things from Tobiah's point of view. He is such a sweet and strong character who will just do anything to see things put right in the kingdom... even if it endangers his life. Althoug
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
Prince Tobiah’s parents are pushing him closer to the new girl at court, Meredith, but he is distracted by the attack on his favourite tutor, Knight. When Knight plans on meeting the person Tobiah believes attacked him, Tobiah sets out to discover what his tutor is mixed up in.

The Glowing Knight is the second novella in this series about Tobiah. This book is action-packed and a fun read even though it is dark and deals with drugs. Tobiah is courageous and wants to discover the truth, and I felt
Tammie
I enjoyed The Glowing Knight. It was a prequel story to the Orphan Queen. I do wish it was longer, but it was a great look into how Black Knife came to be. It was refreshing to see that he wasn't instantly good at everything too. He had to learn how to climb walls and run across roof tops and just be stealthy in general. I loved it!
Fatima
May 24, 2016 rated it liked it
This novella was fast-paced and dark and so amazing - it was so much fun to read and I'm loving reading about Tobiah's development and understanding of his city.
Paul Decker
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy when YA series include novellas between the releases of their books. It ties the reader over and allows them to keep in the world of the series. These novellas focus on Tobiah and are prequels to the series.

This first novella shows Tobiah's first time putting on the mask. His persona of Black Knife is only beginning to form. I liked seeing the world from his perspective. It's cool to see the set-up for where we first see Tobiah in The Orphan Queen. I give this novella a 5/5.
Amna Salam
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Black Knife is one of my favorite characters and the ability to see how evolution and start is everything for me. I'm loving these novellas and how brilliantly the author is leading us to the events in the Orphan Queen. James and Tobiah's friendship is so unique and fun and I can't wait for the other two novellas to come out

of course those snippets of The Mirror King are making me very anxious for its release
Jessie
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this novella! It's a continuation of the story from The Hidden Prince and I assume the other novellas are going to follow this story as well. Since it's so short, I'm not sure there's anything I could say that wouldn't be a spoiler. But it's definitely worth reading!
Britt Marczak
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Eee! Loving these novellas!
Jules Goud
Another quick read looking at Tobiah's journey in becoming the person we see in "The Orphan Queen".

I almost wish that these novellas had been combined into one novel.

I enjoy getting to see Tobiah and his life before the novels started. It is also interesting to see him before his life as the Black Knife begins. I'm excited to see where the other two novellas will go.
Greyscotty
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hmmm.....I think I'm going to read or re-read everything before passing judgement. I will continue, however, with my praise for Jodi's writing. Let's just say that there are other writers out there who could learn a lot from her!
♡ diasreads ♡
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tobiah is growing on me, that's for sure. What I just don't like is how in his pursuit, he tends to be selfish and immature. I know his intentions are good but still, he should have other peoples' safety in mind, too.
Kes
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, read-2019
Tobiah's further adventures in investigation. I guess this book is ok but it's not much of a plot - Tobiah investigates further and finds his culprit and the book leaves the next step to the next book. Not sure why this was serialised.
Jamie Coudeville
Better than the previous one. The story seems to pick up the pace. I still wish I remembered more of these characters.
Pianogirl1126
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Really good. I am enjoying these short stories, getting to know the premise of these characters before I start in on orphan queen.
Em
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Action-packed and full of intrigue. Romily sounds interesting. Can't wait to see where this goes next.
Tealover
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy, 2019
So far, I'm loving the novellas.of this series. It's short, yet very entertaining, and it gives you the story behind the Black Knife.
Irisheyz77
This review was originally posted on Ticket to Anywhere

Place(s) Traveled To: Skyvale, The Indigo Kingdom

First Line(s): James was down there fighting. I was not. And this was what jealousy felt like.

THE GLOWING KNIGHT is the second prequel novella in Jodi Meadow's Orphan Queen universe. It is the continuring adventures of Tobiah and James as Tobiah becomes the Black Knife. I loved this early look at James and Tobiah and I totally ship the bromance that is between them. I also love how James and M
TheBookNutBlog
Originally posted on booklovingnut.com4 Nuts

4 Nuts

This is the second novella in Tobiah's backstory. If you haven't read The Orphan Queen and don't know Tobiah's secret then these novellas will spoil a MAJOR plot point for you and you will be sad bananas.

The Glowing Knight picks up where the Hidden Prince left off, with Tobiah trying to prove that he was right all along. Once again Tobiah is being a bit of a dumbass, but a lovable dumbass at least. He means well but he's still a bit of a mess at this
Carina Olsen
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this short story was so much fun. I adore being inside the head of Tobiah. I'm not going to say too much about this one, just that it is amazing. And I loved the closer look on Tobiah and who he is as a person. This story shares how Tobiah first started going outside the castle walls. It is so much fun.

Well, okay, it isn't going all that well for him, lol, but I loved reading about it. And I adore how close he and James are. They are amazing friends. And I like them both so much. Sigh.
Christina
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-a-copy
This was even better than the first novella. We start to see a real story arc happen. And Tobiah starts to become who we know him to be in The Orphan Queen.

I still adore Meadows' writing. It's beautifully descriptive in all of her books, including her novellas. There is much more action in this installment, and I laughed a few times at Tobiah, thinking of him mostly only as the way I already knew him (which of course was silly, he had to get there somehow, right?). It was fun watching his troubl

• Lucky Caller
  • Shadow & Flame (Rime Chronicles, #2)
  • Firewalker (Worldwalker, #2)
  • Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, #3)
  • Trial by Fire (Worldwalker, #1)
  • Rowan (Worldwalker, #1.5)
  • The Dysasters: The Graphic Novel: The Graphic Novel
  • After the Bridge (The Infernal Devices #3.5)
  • Freeks
  • Icicles Like Kindling (Snow Like Ashes, #0.1)
  • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
  • 覆面系ノイズ 3 (Fukumenkei Noise, #3)
  • 覆面系ノイズ 2 (Fukumenkei Noise, #2)
  • Mind Games (Mind Games, #1)
  • Ruined (Ruined, #1)
  • The Midnight Heir (The Bane Chronicles, #4)
  • In Search of the Source: A First Encounter with God's Word
  • The Whitechapel Fiend (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #3)
I write books. I snuggle cats. I drink coffee.

Feel free to send a friend request. I don't reply to Goodreads messages; email is preferred.

The Orphan Queen (2 books)
  • The Orphan Queen (The Orphan Queen, #1)
  • The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2)