Start by marking “Finding Laila” as Want to Read:
Finding Laila

Finding Laila

Joey, Cole, Haden and Braxton have been a constant in my life since
I was five, and I have loved being one of the guys.

I’ve been cheerleader.

I’ve been study partner.

I’ve been listener.

When we’re young, we don’t realize the profound impact certain people will have on our lives. I had no idea twelve years ago I’d meet four boys who would turn out to be my best friends, my sou
Paperback
Published January 13th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Finding Laila, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Laila

Amanda
“Haden, you’re gay,” I inform him as if he doesn’t already know this.

This will (hopefully) be a short review. Mainly because it's been a while since I read the book and want to get this review over with, but also because there's only a few things I have to say about it. First up, Finding Laila is about Laila and her four best (male) friends, and their last year in high school. That's where the plot begins and ends.

There's not much to say about the main character, Laila. She's your typical snow
Melinda
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I came across Finding Laila by chance on my Facebook newsfeed and it sounded good so I figured I'd buy it and give it a chance. I'm so happy that I did because Finding Laila is an absolutely incredible coming-of-age novel that I truly enjoyed. In fact, I stayed up till 1am reading this. Logically, I should have gone to bed hours before I did due to the fact I had to get up at 6am this morning but that was impossible because I just couldn't put this book down till I finished. I may be completely ...more
We like it big book blog
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I didn't know what to expect going into this book. This is the first time that I've read a book by this author. And I must say... This book was so good and took me by surprise.
It had me from the very first page. And... I seriously couldn't put this book down!

This book is a great coming of age book.
Five friends growing up and experiencing all that life has to throw at them. When your at that age when every problem comes your way just seems to be so BIG.

They all grew up together.... But.... They w
Susan  Owensby
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Five Heart Felt Stars!

I have been a lover of YA for many many years. Finding Laila is extremely well written and I found myself taken back to those younger years of self discovery.

Author TK Rapp has given us a wonderfully executed and heart tugging story. Each of these characters in one way or another will remind you of yourself growing up. Laila, Braxton, Joey, Cole and Hayden are the best of friends that lean on each other though the good and the bad. (We all had one or two of those.)

This sto
Neilliza Swaffar
Jan 27, 2015 rated it liked it
*A copy provided by author, in return for an honest review.*

☆☆☆☆☆ 3.5 ☆☆☆☆☆

A coming of age story about a girl named Laila finding her place in the world, a world that won’t accept her. But with the help of her 4 best friends Cole, Haden, Braxton and Cole she finds herself and her surroundings as good as it could be.

Laila met her best friends when she was only 5 years old. When she first moved into the neighborhood, she was welcomed into the group on that same day while playing. They became fast
Lori Otto
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Laila and her boys (and eventual girls) are awesome. This is a nice, clean story about lifelong friendships and true love... in different facets. There were some definite surprises that I didn't anticipate, so it wasn't predictable at all.

My favorite of her "barmy" was Haden (because Nate, duh), with Braxton as a close second. I just feel like I knew more about these two than Cole and Joey... but I'm super intrigued by Cole's choice for college, and what kind of man he'll become.

I will say...
Megan
Feb 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
I am not the biggest straight up YA reader but I like to take a chance sometimes. I saw this cute cover and the vision the blurb created struck me.

Finding Laila started off really strong and I was loving word for word and scene to scene. I loved all her connection to the boys. I enjoyed their banter and jokes and how each one meant something different to her.

If you need a YA or a book period with a strong romance connection and some steam, this won't make you happy. I didn't miss the lack of s
Michelle
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book is a great coming of age book.

They all grew up together.... But.... They w
RaeWho
To be honest, I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this book. I'm writing this shortly after finishing and the only thing I can think right now is "WHAT. THE. HELL. IS. THAT. EPILOGUE????" No spoilers, other than to warn you...it's brutal.

On to the rest of the book.

I think the thing that disappoints me is that this really had all the makings of a 5 star book, but fell short in several areas. For those going into the book thinking it's about her finding a boy, it's not. Laila's love life takes
Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Review
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, blogged
This is an amazing coming of age story with great emphasis on friendship and family. While there is a hint of romance within the story, I'm not sure I would label it as a YA romance, if that's what you are looking for. This book is so much more than the story of a boy and a girl falling in love. It's about a group of friends finding the true meaning of love within the boundaries of friendship and through that love, navigating their way through high school on their way to adulthood.
Every single
Lisa Karafa
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally consider myself a fan of YA books, but lately a couple of authors have changed that for me. TK Rapp is one of those authors. Finding Laila has a fresh premise with a grounded female lead who is supported by friends and family that love and respect her. While she faces challenges in discovering who she really is, she finds inner strength and pulls strength from those who surround her as she transitions to womanhood.

This beautifully crafted story is one that will stay with me for
Michelle
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Received a complimentary copy for an honest review. This book had me hooked when I found out it was about a girl growing up with 4 boys. Since that's how I grew up.(but mine were related 3 cousins & 1 brother) So I knew I had to read this story. There was so much emotion throughout this book. Friendship,laughter, peer pressure, bullying, strength, courage, support, family, love and loss. I loved how Laila is such a tom boy and is most comfortable in her skin that way, as that's how I grew up ...more
Becca
Nov 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Wow...I don't even know what to rate this book. I know there were complaints about the abrupt ending so I went in with low expectations. But I seriously feel indifferent to the book. I did like Laila and her barmy, but it left me wanting more overall. Maybe it was the lack of development in some of the characters. Although it could be due to the way the story was told, I imagine the author intended for the narrator to talk about only specific things to point the reader to a general direction or ...more
Lady E
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really wish the epilogue would have been longer, other than that outstanding story and characters.
Stephanie- The Boyfriend Bookmark
I struggled with this review. It’s true. I am not sure how to even begin a review for one of the most touching and beautiful books I have read in a long time. This book shook me to the core. It reminded me of all the amazing people from my past that I was lucky enough to call friends. It reminded me of my best friend, who to this date, is still one of the most amazing men I will ever know. It reminded me of simpler times and times when you kept those who were your friends closest. It reminded me ...more
Saucy  Books
*ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review*

Wow, what can I say to make y'all buy TK Rapp's book?

First off, I'm not going to giveaway anything about the book away, all I'm going to do is explain how Finding Laila made me feel.

I know the exact moment I was going to love this book, and that was at 2%. It was a magnificent read! I would would catch myself reminiscing about my own high school experience, and every emotion I had was bitter sweet. Laila was the type of character I would have
Kizzy
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!!

I can't put into words how amazing and emotional this book was. I have been a fan of this author from the beginning and she did not disappoint with this one!

Laila has been best friends with Joey (her favorite best friend), Cole, Hayden and Braxton since she was 5 years old. They are her "Barmy"..They have been there for each other through the years and here we have them in their senior year of high school preparing for their last summer together before everything changes.

Things are reveal
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Finding Laila was a sweet story of a teenage girl finding herself. Laila is a strong, independent young woman who has four boys as her best friends. They have been best friends for twelve years, since Laila moved to town at 5 years old. They are a group of misfits, but that is what makes them work – they are her barmy.

The story follows the five friends through their senior year of high school and all the changes that come with it, as well as some flashbacks from the past. It was heartwarming, f
Amy Queau
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Finding Laila is one of the best YA books I've read!

Rapp has brought back all the feels I had in high school, from first love to uncertainty of my future, all of it is wrapped up in this adorable story.

Laila isn't too popular at school, but she tries not to let it bother her because she's got four boys that she's been friends with that keep her strong. Together these boys make up her barmy.

It's a story of those last few months in high school, and how even though you know everything is about to c
Arzumcan
This is the second book of T.K. Rapp, I've read. Although I loved them both, this book was... Just perfect!! I so wasnt expecting this one to turn out to be this good. It was amazing, YA and not a story you can guess what happens next! It teaches you how true friendships should be. Also, it was like a true story, because it wasnt all rainbows and unicorns. All characters had their ups and downs. And the ending... It just broke my heart! ;(...but it's life right. Its highly recommended!!!
Kristy
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. This is a great coming of age story, and I feel lucky to have been given an ARC. Laila is strong character, her #barmy are a great bunch of boys, and she develops strong relationships. Of course, there are a few side villains; but otherwise, every main character is likeable.
Robin
4.5 Stars.
Ashley
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story was really a great friend/family book. I loved all the important characters in the book! I'm glad my sister told me to check it out because it was pretty wonderful.
Sharon
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Friends forever even if one is a girl, that’s what Laila, Joey, Haden, Braxton and Cole are to each other. Until one day, one of them confesses he’s in love with Laila.

Just when I think I know where the story was heading, the author threw curve balls and bombshells.

Although the story touched on bullying, homosexuality, alcoholism, and teen angst about college, the romance was surprisingly wholesome.

The epilogue was very unexpected and I’m curious as to why the author chose that path
Aaly
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by Southern Belle Promotions for an honest review. **Blog Tour** Review will be posted on January the 26th.
5 amazing, BFF stars!!!!

*****************************************************************
Finding Laila is a poignant and gripping coming-of-age story through the last year of this tight knit group : Laila, Haden, Joey, Braxton, Cole, best friends since they were 5 years old. But now it’s the last year before each of them will take different paths in their lives.
They reached a t
Lydia H
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’m at a loss for words right now… I finished Finding Laila early this morning and I’m still reeling from the experience, letting it all sink in. So much emotion!! I was literally blown away. I went into this book expecting it to be a light and sweet YA read about a girl finding herself—her journey. Boy, was I wrong. It was brilliant. There’s no other way to explain it. TK Rapp surprised me at every turn (or swipe) of the page. The story was written brilliantly well and it captivated me from the ...more
Three Chicks
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Star Review by Jen Skewes

Words cannot even begin to describe how much I loved this book. It is one of those books that just makes you feel. It is a beautiful and amazing story about finding one’s self with the help of four amazing friends.

When Laila was five years old she moved to a new neighborhood with her parents and that is where she met four boys who would be her biggest support system through her life. Cole, Braxton, Joey and Haden have been friends with Laila for the past 12 years. I
Theresa Alberts
Dec 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Finding Laila by T.K. Rapp is a coming of age story that will grab at your heartstrings and pull you through the entire book while reading. Laila befriends a group of four boys with very unique personalities on her first day in her new home that become a family she never even knew she would need. Each of the four boys loves and protects Laila in their own way, forging a friendship that the reader can only guess will withstand the test of time. Laila struggles throughout the story, taking place t ...more
MJ
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
I went in to this book completely blind. I didn't read the synopsis or any of the reviews. And I can honestly say I was completely captivated right from the start!

This is so much more than just your typical YA book. The author has brilliantly crafted a storyline that is as touching as it is smart. As humorous as it is tearful. The focus in on Laila Nixon and her 4 best friends, Braxton, Cole, Joey and Haden, yeah all guys. She met them when she was a youngster and new to the neighborhood. And th
Tina Lynne
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Finding Laila is about a seventeen year old girl, living her life, and this story follows her heartfelt journey as she begins to find out who her individual identity is and what the future holds for her. She is surrounded by an incredible barmy of boys: Braxton, Cole, Joey, and Haden. Each boy holds a special place in her heart, a deep kinship that has bonded them for 12+ years. This story follows the ups and downs of their senior year of high school into their college/post graduations careers.
H
Genre Specific Re...: T.K. Rapp 1 9 Jan 21, 2015 02:11PM
Finding Laila - Book Trailer 1 12 Nov 25, 2014 06:11AM
  • Rewired (Progress, #3)
  • Bleeding Hearts Anthology
  • Twisted Magic (Raven's Cove #1)
  • Emotionally Compromised (Emotionally Compromised, #1)
  • Ride or Die #2
  • The Beautiful Game (Man of the Match, #1)
  • Painted Memories
  • Love and Decay 2, Episode Nine (Love and Decay 2, #9)
  • Four Play
TK Rapp is an author living in Houston, Texas with her husband and two daughters.

Prior to writing, she spent over ten years as a photographer and photo editor, specializing in wedding album design. She left photography to pursue her dream of writing a story and it was in 2013, she self-published her first novel, Being There. It was a standalone story about long-lost friends finding each other. She