Start by marking “Jurassic Park: the Junior Novelization” as Want to Read:
Jurassic Park: the Junior Novelization

Jurassic Park: the Junior Novelization

A story about the potential perils of advanced technology chronicles the chaos that ensues when the prehistoric monsters living in a theme park run amok, in the novelization of the popular new film. Movie tie-in.
Published June 2nd 1993 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published June 10th 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Jurassic Park, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jurassic Park

Start your review of Jurassic Park: the Junior Novelization
Dylan
Oct 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
I honestly just don't know my feelings about this book, I just don't know. It is a layout of the first movie. If you haven't seen the movie, it is about a guy who has found a way to bring dinosaurs back from the dead. Then a storm comes, and all the dinosaurs escape. I don't really like it because there is not enough action in this book.
Ritika Chhabra
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, the-e-books
Follow Just A Girl High On Books for more reviews.

"Life always finds a way."

Jurassic Park: The Junior Novelisation is the written version of the original Jurassic Park movie (1995). Loosely based around the events of Jurassic Park, the novel by Michael Crichton, this novelisation has barely anything new to offer that the movie didn't. Personally, I'm always a big fan of novelisations but this one fell a little bland. Even if I ignore how extraordinarily simple the writing was, the story didn't f
Julieanne
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Cloverhand Reader
As someone who loved the film, this book was just okay, it wasn't as good as the movie, however it did include some parts that weren't in the film

As it is wrote for kids, it definitely has a more simplistic writing style
Nerii
Jan 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019
La edición que tengo no tiene el final por alguna extraña razón, en su lugar tiene el principio del libro otra vez.
De todas formas o esta muy mal escrito o la traducción es una mierda.
Así que los dos tercios que leí no los disfrute nada, además que no le agrega nada si se vio la película.
sasha
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi, movie-to-book
no Ian Malcolm's "that is one big pile of shit." line? not legit
Bob
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I read this before watching the movie. My only memory is that I thought the raptors were the size of chickens.
Laura Giddey
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I love the source material but didn’t like how they assumed Lex would have a crush on Grant.
Gabriella
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, childrens
A book that gives you a complete retelling of the movie with pictures included inside. It was a well written read that is perfect for your young teenagers if they enjoy the thrill and dinasaurs. I found that as i had watched the movie before it was a little spoilt for me.
Karel Musil
Yes, I was too a willing victim of dinosaur craze that was started by Jurassic Park. At the time of the release I was just eight years old, couldn't go to cinema and was unaware of the Michael Crichton's original novel. This retelling of the film was everything I had, but it was enough. And this was also the first instance of franchising I've noticed, even as a kid - not sure about the international release, but the different products of the franchise was numbered and contained coupons - there w ...more
Jacob.C
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jared Johnson
Mar 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was about a man who wanted to make a park full of dinosaurs, but it went completely wrong and the dinosaurs went on a rampage. I felt excited when I started reading this book, now I feel really glad that I read this. My favorite section was when the team had to find a way to make the dinosaurs calm and relaxed. I learned that you should never treasure what you always want because it can come back at you in a negative way. I would recommend this book to teenagers because this is a junio ...more
J.C.
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read this when I was a kid, back in the day. If i had all the time in the world I'd do something like this: read this, watch the movie and read the original novel-- though maybe not in that particular order.

At any rate, from glancing at the writing again after all these years, I must say for a kids book its well put together.
Bailey Jane
Nov 24, 2008 rated it liked it
Much like Rising Sun, when I read this novel as a teenager I felt it was hard to suffer through the chapters of political corporate explanation. I read the book hoping to be taken away to a dangerous tropical environment, and to a certain extent I was, but it was nothing like the movie. In this instance, which never happens, the movie knocked the socks off of this book.
Joshua Nomen-Mutatio
And adaptation of the film essentially for children (the fact that it's 88 pages in total should make this clear enough). Highly forgettable. I was 9 years old. Was much happier to read the original novel right after this which was, as is the general rule, better than the movie.
Mloy
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Absolutely entertaining and throughly enjoyable. I am amazed at how vivid the description is especially when the whole novel was simplified so that a younger reader can comprehend it. But I must admit, it is a book for all ages; it was like watching the movie all over again.
Simon Torres
Jun 04, 2015 rated it liked it
when i saw this movie i kind of did not understand this book it was full of other details like when they spelled a dinosaurs name wrong they spelled it right in the book.Tips to anyone who likes the book had already seen the movie and they saw how many times they spelled the name wrong.
Emily
Jun 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Just finished reading this with Joseph. I loved it as a kid and it was fun to share it with my son.
Patrick Tull
I have read this book a long time ago so i cannot remember if it was my favorite or not but i do remember some of my favorite parts.
Nicole
Jul 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
I have never seen the movie, but I'm sure that it doesn't do the book any justice. A wonderful, suspense-filled and scientific novel that kept me at the edge of my seat.
Paradisesexislandsecurity
i read this like 19 times before the movie came out, it was p boring and not as wildly innaccurate as the comic book, at least the comic book was extremely wrong and funny.
James Guenther
May 31, 2010
books4life3
May 03, 2019

• Jurassic Park III
  • Jurassic World Special Edition Junior Novelization (Jurassic World)
  • Apologia pro Marcel Lefebvre: Volume One (1905-1976)
  • German Airborne Troops 1939–45
  • Kasserine Pass 1943: Rommel's last victory
  • American Loyalist Troops 1775–84
  • JavaScript and jQuery: Interactive Front-End Web Development
  • Trafalgar: The Nelson Touch
  • Rebel Dawn (Star Wars: The Han Solo Trilogy, #3)
  • Sidelights on New London and Newer York and Other Essays
  • Rickshaw Boy
Creative storyteller and arts consultant Dr. Gail N. Herman has performed and taught storytelling extensively throughout the United States, as well as in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Jamaica, Germany, Ghana, India, and the Virgin Islands. Besides performing for students in schools and libraries, Dr. Herman works with teachers and helping professionals to infuse storytelling and the kinesthetic, mus ...more